PDA

View Full Version : Fun diversion game

What
07-16-2014, 01:07 PM
So I have time on my hands and Brett is finely crafting his game, so I will be willing to mod another game in the meantime.

It will not be based on any specific show or lore, just a plain old fashioned game, you will have named characters but that just for flavor.

The actual build of the game will be based on the number of players, but all roles will come from Mafiascum.

I am interested to see how two games at the same time works out, so doing this during Nem's beginners game is kind of a dry run.

In the interest of speed that many of you have requested, we will roll off of a 48 hour day and 24 hour night.

I would like to encourage both new and old players to join.

No hidden modifiers.

Day start, informative flavor in scenes.

phil.™
07-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Put me down coach.

SCRIBBLE
07-16-2014, 02:13 PM
no day start for diversion game

Assassin
07-16-2014, 02:53 PM
^ and I'm in.

Sin
07-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Night start for all future games pls.

Somebody's gotta die.

minjae
07-16-2014, 03:18 PM
lol i'm in

BladeTwinSwords
07-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Night starts definitely.

brett friggin favre
07-16-2014, 05:22 PM
I'm not finely crafting anything, I'm working 12-14 hrs/day. Yesterday was actually 16. Hard to mod a game like this. I have roles I could send you if you wanna go ahead and run that game, it'd be fun for me just to watch how it plays

What
07-16-2014, 11:07 PM
Keep your game for yourself, I'm not sure how many people I am going to get and I don't want to have to modify something that you worked on, and if I need to abandon it completely, then i can't play that game if you want to do it later since ill know the settup.

And if the people want a night start we can do that.

CYBER
07-17-2014, 01:21 AM
i thought nem was making a game?

eitherway, as long as u both agree on who is modding first, that would be nice.
I don't mind having 2 active games at once because i can sticky both games, but i don't think that the current players are mentally able to handle 2 games at once... it's hard to handle one game lol...esp if ppl just gonna afk...

Anywho, whoever wants to make me a game, sign me up nway if allowed to play.

As for night start, i actually don't mind. The whole reason why i always avoided night starts is because someone (at least) ALWAYS dies in night 1, and i can see them bitching that they didn't play...wasnt too fair especially when we were trying to get ppl involved.
but now i tihnk ppl can grow up a bit, i agree on night start.

What
07-17-2014, 06:40 AM
we have enough for a game but im gonna give it until my friday evening for signups, and then a saturday start date.

Sin
07-17-2014, 07:16 AM
We should do 3 games at once. It'll keep me busy at work.

phil.™
07-17-2014, 07:18 AM
We should do 3 games at once. It'll keep me busy at work.

Sin, host one.

Yes, I agree on night start. Please and thank you.

What
07-17-2014, 07:22 AM
the people from the newbie game are more than welcome to join, we have some now, but its open to everyone. I encourage Brett to join so that he can die the first night.

What
07-17-2014, 07:49 AM
what are thoughts on minor role maddness, meaning everyone has a role, but not neccissarily a night action or some amazing power.

SCRIBBLE
07-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Make the deadlines shorter if role madness.

CYBER
07-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Make the deadlines shorter if role madness.

LOL, coming from you, afk man, those are some words :P

Goddamn man, you're less around us here than Goku in DBZ.

PS: i still love you

- - - Updated - - -

what are thoughts on minor role maddness, meaning everyone has a role, but not neccissarily a night action or some amazing power.

Dude, I don't mind an all out clusterfuck game if there's at least like 5-6 of us veterans around to contain it a bit.
I do recommend however that, if you chose an all out role madness? make a huge list of mafia roles (not necessarily faction sides), that contains all roles (even if variant a bit) used in the setup . You can add twice the amount of scapegoat roles to make it harder to guess which role is actualyl in the game, but the role pool will be there to contain the chaos a bit...

Nem is making a babysitting game for the new people with a very simple closed setup that just teaches them the basics.

I'm not allowed there :D so i'm all in here, just make something that makes ppl NOT GO AFK... wink wink locust and skwubble

SCRIBBLE
07-17-2014, 07:04 PM
LOL, coming from you, afk man, those are some words :P

Goddamn man, you're less around us here than Goku in DBZ.

PS: i still love you

Psh, I am the most active person here

Assassin
07-17-2014, 08:22 PM

Or something...

CYBER
07-18-2014, 05:17 AM
Scummy claim is scummy.
Vote : scribble.

What
07-18-2014, 06:37 AM
Ok, Imma leave signups open until this evening, but im going to make the build on the basis of 10 players for now.

Fun, light role maddness.

Deadlines stay for 24 for night and 48 for day, for many reasons, the most pressing being there is no way I could keep up with shorter deadlines due to my current circumstances.

Night start.

Not based on a tv show, movie, etc, but you each will have a named character for fun.

Swiper, no swiping.

What
07-18-2014, 02:33 PM
all people who said yes are in, signups closed, real thread coming tomorrow.

sleep now