PDA

View Full Version : Please remove the admin override for voice chat

WallyJ
08-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Some of us concentrate and enjoy not hearing everyone talk. I have been playing on IBIS gun game server for 3 years at the least and now I am second guessing my decision based on not being able to mute admins. I enjoy playing with no voice what so ever. now I'm stuck with admins shouting shit at each other and not being able to turn it off and very disappointed.

StarsMine
08-29-2014, 08:52 PM
wait what Voice enable 0 doesnt affect admins? News to me.

phil.™
08-29-2014, 08:57 PM
?
You do realize, ZERO enabled the !sm (!selfmute) option. Where you can mute any player in the game by typing in the players name.
E.X: !sm wheaties

WallyJ
08-29-2014, 08:59 PM
did not work for me. i had to suffer through listening to mic spamming newbie ibis A. I did tpye !sm newbie with no avail still had to listen to his annoying ass.

phil.™
08-29-2014, 09:01 PM
Did you try typing in !sm and a menu pop up?

WallyJ
08-29-2014, 09:02 PM
no no menu came up was not aware one was supposed to? sorry i just realized it was supposed to be typed in chat and not in console. my bad. but still annoying that not everyone's muted. seems like only admin are excused from steam options mute. especially when admins are talking/trolling more than anyone else by far.

WallyJ
08-29-2014, 09:25 PM
btw newbie IBIS A's response to how to mute chat where things like fuck this guy and fucking bitch ass and what not. he in no way helped. It was a reg user that said to !sm newbie. IE why i did not know what to do.

DJ_MikeyRevile
08-29-2014, 09:34 PM

The most used command in all of ibis history.

WallyJ
08-29-2014, 09:36 PM
would be nice if admins informed people of it when asked instead of harassing them

WallyJ
08-29-2014, 09:52 PM
Thanks again to all the responses, I know now that I can !sm in chat to mute an individual that is some how ignored by my own voice chat, but if it was not clear in my last message, I was not talking about Phil or any other admin they are all cool people. My issue was that I asked in chat 3 times over the course of 5 min and the only person I could hear was newbie IBIS A (the only admin in the GG I was playing) and he repeatedly told me to fuck off or suck a dick or similar things until a person typed !SM Newbie, I did that in console not knowing whats up. Sorry for any confusion as i was confused as well. Again this all could have been avoided if Newbie IBIS A would have just said this from the beginning.

StarsMine
08-29-2014, 10:16 PM
newbie may not have known. I wouldnt.

ZERO
08-29-2014, 11:00 PM
I only did it for zm. will look into this issue when I am back in town.

RofLoLmao
08-30-2014, 01:15 AM
Those mic spammers are the worst

$Money$
08-30-2014, 03:27 AM

Too Funny :wtg:

phil.™
08-30-2014, 07:09 AM
I only did it for zm. will look into this issue when I am back in town.

!sm command works in GG as well.

Ex: !sm wheaties worked well for 99% of the GG players. The other 1% was wheaties himself.

Xerenix
08-30-2014, 07:40 AM
Since when did Steam mute not work on admins or doesn't it work only for non-admins? I've used it several times when admins just spam shit.

phil.™
08-30-2014, 08:53 AM
!sm should work on any player. Even admins.
Ex: !sm wheaties

Passarelli
08-30-2014, 12:47 PM
You can also disable voice in CS:S. Just be sure to unbind they mic key or else when you press it you enable voice again.

The playerlist way to mute people should also work.

Finally, I'd recommend posting the demo under admin abuse. Just because he is admin doesn't mean he can break the rules. It's one thing if you were trash talkin back and it was all in good fun and it is a completely different story for him to just be belligerent and a douche when all you asked was why you couldn't mute him.

Jackie Marlow
08-30-2014, 01:53 PM
WTF is newbie?

NoWheaties
09-04-2014, 09:03 PM

I laughed way too hard at that... well, I didn't actually laugh but i blew air out of my nostrils pretty hard.

::Paper::
09-05-2014, 01:23 PM
You can also disable voice in CS:S. Just be sure to unbind they mic key or else when you press it you enable voice again.

The playerlist way to mute people should also work.

Finally, I'd recommend posting the demo under admin abuse. Just because he is admin doesn't mean he can break the rules. It's one thing if you were trash talkin back and it was all in good fun and it is a completely different story for him to just be belligerent and a douche when all you asked was why you couldn't mute him.

After being an admin and not being an admin i can confirm sometimes you can not mute an admin in game through the playerlist the option will be greyed out and not allow you to do so. the !mute option however has worked i used it constantly over the last week or two

phil.™
09-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Does nobody listen to me? I guess when the packaging is this pretty on the outside, nobody cares what's in the inside.
!sm <players name> works on anyone. Including admins.
E.X.: !sm blade

Jackie Marlow
09-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Fuck off, Phil.

CYBER
09-09-2014, 06:26 PM
Since when did Steam mute not work on admins or doesn't it work only for non-admins? I've used it several times when admins just spam shit.

Yeah. I know for a fact that xericunt here has me muted at all times, and i even have ula Immunity over normal admins and he can mute me fine.
So i dnt know how the source mod admins is overriding the steam settings...

swagbot 9k
09-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Yeah. I know for a fact that xericunt here has me muted at all times, and i even have ula Immunity over normal admins and he can mute me fine.

Anyone with ears has you muted cyber. You babble like a drunken slav who just was taught English.

Xerenix
09-09-2014, 07:21 PM

I don't mute you all the time. When i get bored, i unmute you simply to hear the amusing crying that you are well known for. I mute you again later tho when you end up talking about the boring mafia games as i get spammed enough with it from the "what's new?" feature.

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-10-2014, 08:48 AM
I don't mute you all the time. When i get bored, i unmute you simply to hear the amusing crying that you are well known for. I mute you again later tho when you end up talking about the boring mafia games as i get spammed enough with it from the "what's new?" feature.

Can you describe the sort of conversations he has in server regarding mafia? Is he talking about current games? This is important as it is considered cheating. If cyber is cheating we ought to know about it.

Thank you in advance.

Xerenix
09-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Can you describe the sort of conversations he has in server regarding mafia? Is he talking about current games? This is important as it is considered cheating. If cyber is cheating we ought to know about it.

Thank you in advance.

Mostly arguing about previous games and shit like that. Haven't heard anything about current games.

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Mostly arguing about previous games and shit like that. Haven't heard anything about current games.
Hmmmm interesting, very very interesting.

CYBER
09-10-2014, 02:51 PM

Thank you in advance.

Lol you're a sad sad man of you think I talk about current mafia games. When funny enough I probably haven't even played in the servers except once on a month with nom regulars since the mafia forums were made

Also, xerenix is referring to a specific conversation I was having with blade and Phil in yardwars in game AFTER "i" was hosting the league of legends game where I was arguing with blade about him lying about a post restriction, and or talking about new mafia themes to try out, or calling dibs on them.

But hey. Keep up the vigilant work mikey. This mentality to try to find anything on me to try to feel better, will get you far.

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-10-2014, 03:13 PM
Lol you're a sad sad man of you think I talk about current mafia games. When funny enough I probably haven't even played in the servers except once on a month with nom regulars since the mafia forums were made

Also, xerenix is referring to a specific conversation I was having with blade and Phil in yardwars in game AFTER "i" was hosting the league of legends game where I was arguing with blade about him lying about a post restriction, and or talking about new mafia themes to try out, or calling dibs on them.

But hey. Keep up the vigilant work mikey. This mentality to try to find anything on me to try to feel better, will get you far.
Just the respone I was looking for. Lmao.

Xerenix
09-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Oh god. I made it spread to these forums aswell. :icon_eek:

Will never speak of it again.

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Oh god. I made it spread to these forums aswell. :icon_eek:

Will never speak of it again.

nah, i got what i wanted. He thought i was being serious. lol

swagbot 9k
09-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Cyber, obviously no one likes you here... why do you stick around?

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-10-2014, 06:25 PM

who the fuck are you?

swagbot 9k
09-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Some noob. But understands why everyone hates Cyber. He is a moaning little bitch on the servers.

CYBER
09-11-2014, 04:30 AM
Some noob. But understands why everyone hates Cyber. He is a moaning little bitch on the servers.

It's sad how insignificant you are to the point of me not really giving a flying fuck who you are.
Feel free to say wtvr shit u wanna say tho, but try doing that in the servers and it won't end well. Just a friendly warning right now, for as long as ur miserable life haunts these servers, Ehm, whoever the fuck you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Biebie now!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and swag. Good luck befriending mikey.

Do your research next time you wanna open your fucking pie hole

Xerenix
09-11-2014, 06:59 AM

While i think Cyber is annoying most of the time, i value him higher than the random new admins that have popped up lately thinking that their opinion matters in high-level admin stuff.

It's sad that out of perhaps 20 new admins that we get each year, only 2-4 is actually worth listening to.

CYBER
09-11-2014, 04:39 PM
While i think Cyber is annoying most of the time, i value him higher than the random new admins that have popped up lately thinking that their opinion matters in high-level admin stuff.

It's sad that out of perhaps 20 new admins that we get each year, only 2-4 is actually worth listening to.

Thanks. But you're still a gay hacker <3.

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-11-2014, 05:21 PM

"Just because a man values you more than dirt, does not mean he values you more than a weed."
-DJ Mikey

Xerenix
09-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Geez, how many times do i have to say this?

A no is a no.

I won't sleep with you no matter what you say.

DJ_MikeyRevile
09-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Geez, how many times do i have to say this?

A no is a no.

I won't sleep with you no matter what you say.

so he is multiple things... including a homosexual likley to commit rape.
Knowledge is half the battle.

- - - Updated - - -

perhaps cyber is the new 2010 Mikey? it is absolutely astounding!