PDA

View Full Version : KKK Tag now BANNED

ZERO
04-07-2009, 06:26 PM
After looking back at all of the data and the meaning of the KKK tag along with additional random polls of the servers I have determined that there is no reason that it needs to remain KKK especially seeing the problems this is causing on the server. While I support the rite to have freedom of speech I can not allow this to be taken advantage of, intentionally or unintentionally, and used as a means to cause a ruckuses on the servers.

Therefore, the Kool Kats Klan needs to go by CCC or something simular on the servers and forums of IBIS Gaming. Because I do not believe that KKK members are trying to intentionally create problems on the server I believe that they should be able to agree on a new tag that causes less problems in the server and foums. :smirk:

In order to enact this decision admin shal do the following:
Request the player to change KKK to CCC or another variant
Issue the change for them if needed
If they create a problem or do not agree ban them for 5min so that they can come here and read this thread. (Tell them about thread)

ricochet
04-07-2009, 06:33 PM
about time, Zero. :wtg:

Kavinsky
04-07-2009, 07:12 PM
sounds fair enough.

Jeimuzu
04-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Its fair, but I still don't understand why the ibis members have made a big deal about it, when I hardly see any of them in the ZM server apart from whytboyz recently. Overall, would have just been easier to ignore their name.

Remington
04-07-2009, 07:43 PM
fair deal

Christmas
04-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Was this all because Deprodigy came in and banned everyone?

Jeimuzu
04-07-2009, 08:09 PM

Yes, it was.

XxMastagunzxX
04-07-2009, 08:10 PM

Yes and he didn't even get in trouble for it. Deprodigy I still stand by my statement of go eat a dick....actually go eat demonator's big black dick. I ACTUALLY JUST NOW GOT UNBANNED almost 24 hours after this whole bullshit incident. :headache:

ricochet
04-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Jeimuzu,

It's called integrity. Deprodigy is standing up for what he believes in. So were the [KKK] guys. I can respect that, however, it's pretty clear to me (and it should be to everyone else) that Depro carries a bit more weight with the people who matter.

Jeimuzu
04-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Standing up for what he believes in? If that was the case, I believe there is nothing wrong with the tag [K K K] and that everyone that has a problem with it is going by opinions and feelings that will do nothing but screw them over in the end.

Hitman
04-07-2009, 08:21 PM
You guys still dont get it, sure it may seem like fun and innocent for your group but how do you think the african population feels when they enter the server and see KKK around players names.

If I had admin I would have forced you to change that tag or be banned until Zero could sort this out.

Deprodigy did the right thing and I stand by it.

Remington
04-07-2009, 08:29 PM
You guys still dont get it, sure it may seem like fun and innocent for your group but how do you think the african population feels when they enter the server and see KKK around players names.

If I had admin I would have forced you to change that tag or be banned until Zero could sort this out.

Deprodigy did the right thing and I stand by it.

Not necessarily, my best friend who's black, did not take offense to it, and he saw me playing with them before.

Hitman
04-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Ok not all, some may laugh it off or whatever but what about the others who are just coming into the server for the first time?

You never know what people are thinking. Sure it may attract the rednecks (We dont need anymore) but it may also drive them away. Either way the banning of the tag KKK is a good thing.

Just leave it at that

Jeimuzu
04-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Zero did sort it out, he said the tag was fine, but what I recently learned was that Deprodigy was looking for an admin who was unbanning people that were banned, or something along those lines. I happened to be there to watch a pointless ban, so I ended up being the one to do the unbanning. It kind of a makes a bit of sense thinking back on what C.O. or someone said about disrespecting C.O.'s, Rico's, and Deprodigy's bans, and Deprodigy looking for someone who was unbanning people. But yeah, Mitch and Demonater10 were the only people I've unbanned, so I couldn't have disrespected all three of them.

Christmas
04-07-2009, 08:56 PM
I don't see how the [KKK] can be in any way related to IBISgaming.

Remington
04-07-2009, 09:02 PM
People are taking this to serious, it's the internet, I'd understand if these people we're walking down the streets with a pointy white hat, and a white robe, but I don't think they are.:wtg:

ZERO
04-07-2009, 09:13 PM
No it did not half to do with his bannings, that is an independent event.

ZERO
04-07-2009, 09:59 PM
They have decided to use the name, "Kool K K" and this name is fine. Any further problems from either side will result in punishment.