PDA

View Full Version : [REMOVE] zm_snoopie_711_final_fixed1

Biodiversity
01-07-2015, 11:09 PM
There are a few reasons this map should be removed. It leaks out into space; has poorly designed rooms not built with zombie defense in mind; has so few viable rooms that every round either ends in 20 seconds as everyone is killed in one area, or else results in a hide and seek type match; and isn't really played that often because nobody likes it.

Space Leakage:

The majority of rooms require twice as many humans as zombies to defend:

Room 1: Quad-wide window for zombies to come in:

Room 2: 4 entrances with few props (not to mention bad editing). What's on top of the ladder?

Easy access:

Room 3: Quad-wide window, hallway, and ladder entrances with barely any props and, as always, no bookshelves:

The only viable spots (and their problems):

Aside from holding tubes where you can maybe fit two people (one for each end), there are about 3 spots that are viable to defend. The first is illegal because of the heavy shelves:

The second is the secret disco room, which is a reasonable room for defending. Sometimes it holds, sometimes it fails:

The third is the double-wide, double-ended crawl area. This is where 80%+ of players go, every single round. It easily accommodates 20 people at each entrance:

Very poor editing:

The table spawns this way.

The problems in this map are numerous: I've only included examples of a few types of problems, which repeat around the map. If you want to run the map yourself and take a look, just remember the entrance to the secret area is the first teleport on the left.

iNoToRiOuS
01-07-2015, 11:50 PM
+1 It is very comprehensive.

hoshiro-
01-08-2015, 05:34 AM
Lol, I don't know what you are talking about. Snoopie is easy to survive and there are more places you can easily cade if you are creative enough

Biodiversity
01-08-2015, 06:20 AM
What, like stand up 2 couches on end in a way in which they interlock, and spin clockwise in formation with 2 other couches? They spin fast enough to repel zombies by electromagnetism.

That's basically the only way I see surviving this map outside of the spots I pointed out. And even if there are 2 or 3 other places, that does nothing for the horde of 20 rabbid RTVers that is day crew.

hoshiro-
01-08-2015, 08:18 AM
I.e. The room upstairs, if you put to couches facing in front of each other by the door then put a vendy on top of it, it's basically unbreakable, and I could name a few more

ModestVeteran
01-08-2015, 10:16 AM
I don't want to be a douche about this, but I'd rather have this map kept on the server. It's fun at times when you have regulars on it, usually it could bring more players onto the server. Not to mention it shuts Racist up about not being senior. (No offense to Racist)

Mr.Dangerous
01-08-2015, 12:13 PM
It's one of those maps where u can farm skill on a massive level. I say let it stay!

sup
01-08-2015, 03:26 PM
lol, hundreds of completely terrible cade maps on the server and you want to remove one that people actually like.

Evil
01-08-2015, 03:47 PM
lol another thread?

Steamer
01-08-2015, 09:34 PM
No. End of discussion.

ZERO
02-23-2015, 12:46 AM
What if it is removed from rotation and admins could still put it up for vote?