PDA

View Full Version : Zero - 2/4/15, 9:02 PM - STEAM_0:0:2104991

Evil
02-04-2015, 11:15 PM
Name in Game: Zero (not once has he put the tag on...)
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:2104991
Where: ZM
Link to any previous bans: http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:2104991&advType=steamid
Reason to ban: Cade breaking another fellow admin. Then lying about it. This kid literally bought admin just so he wouldn't be able to get banned by admins. He regularly uses admin commands without his tag on.

Tick 89000 when he cade breaks and blantaly lies about doing so (cannot see because SourceTV doesn't record text chat).

Kid actually made me post a report. Haven't posted something like this in a while. God damn it.

$Money$
02-04-2015, 11:32 PM
You should have put this in admin abuse thread. If he uses his commands without tag then post the shit, against rules.
He's played in zm long enough to know never to break cades. [If admin breaks cade then it must be ok for me to cade break!] :banghead::banghead::banghead:

septantrionalis
02-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Man, you really did get butt hurt over that didn't you? Kid? Uses admin commands without tags? Both are completely false. I have not once used an admin command without a tag and definitely not a kid.

And yes, I did buy admin because I didn't want to get banned again for some bullshit offense as "admin disrespect" for calling another admin a dick. I have no interest in using admin commands -- hence not having a tag. I just want to play the game in peace. Anyway, who cares why I bought admin. I'm not sure why that even pertains to this incident other than you just trying to slander me.

As for the cade breaking, as shown in your demo file, all I wanted to do was push the vending machine back so I could get in, then push it back again. I've had plenty of players do this and I don't have issues with it. I didn't even break the cade. But you ended up pushing the vending machine on top of me and I was stuck so I tried to get the vending machine off of me. Hey, I get as pissed as the next person when it comes to blatant cade breaking but the intent was to slide the vending machine back. If you didn't shoot it back on top of me, it would have been a 2 second ordeal. I'm not sure why you are so pissed about this. Dude needs to chill.

rawrr
02-05-2015, 12:02 PM
It doesn't matter if you have an issue with it or not, breaking another players cade to get in is still cade breaking and stated in the rules

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/5831-Zm-Rules-v3-1

Barricade Breaking – Whoever gets into the room first is the sole proprietor of that room, and has the freedom to do whatever he deems necessary to survive. Cade ownership is taken away once the current cade owner leaves the cade and enters another or turns into a zombie. Owners that leave, a short distance, to retrieve additional barracading items, still retain their ownership rights.

Taking props forcefully from another persons cade without consent is prohibited
Attempting to destroy a barricade regardless of intent:
To get into the users barricade
To get out of the users barricade
Throwing a grenade at the users barricade to spite them, or for personal entertainment. (This does not include accidental grenades; punishment will be left up to the admin to decide)

septantrionalis
02-05-2015, 12:06 PM
Fair enough Rawr. I didn't see the ownership rule and apologize for it. It was just supposed to be a simple sliding of the vending machine back and putting it back again. I had absolutely no intent on breaking the actual barricade (and I didn't). Now I know and it wont do it again. As for Evil, he needs to stop making accusations that I am using admin commands without a tag.

Evil
02-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Fair enough Rawr. I didn't see the ownership rule and apologize for it. It was just supposed to be a simple sliding of the vending machine back and putting it back again. I had absolutely no intent on breaking the actual barricade (and I didn't). Now I know and it wont do it again. As for Evil, he needs to stop making accusations that I am using admin commands without a tag.

lol so you never once use the slap command? Is that what you're saying? You said in-game that you didn't cade break, yet here is the proof. Why the hell should anyone believe you?

On top of that, I don't care if someone breaks my cade. As long the shit is fixed and I don't die because of the dumbass, I'll let it slide. But because of you, I got killed. Shit pissed me off, that's all.

septantrionalis
02-05-2015, 12:27 PM
lol so you never once use the slap command? Is that what you're saying? You said in-game that you didn't cade break, yet here is the proof. Why the hell should anyone believe you?

On top of that, I don't care if someone breaks my cade. As long the shit is fixed and I don't die because of the dumbass, I'll let it slide. But because of you, I got killed. Shit pissed me off, that's all.

Dude chill. Not sure why you are resorting to insults. I apologize again. I didn't have the intention of getting you killed and I dont even think that was because of me. The cade was fine when I got tagged.

I used the slap command when I renewed to make sure admin commands were working and I had the tag on.

Evil
02-05-2015, 12:34 PM
Dude chill. Not sure why you are resorting to insults. I apologize again. I didn't have the intention of getting you killed and I dont even think that was because of me. The cade was fine when I got tagged.

I used the slap command when I renewed to make sure admin commands were working and I had the tag on.

I'm not throwing insults at you. I was making a general statement.

I know you didn't have the intention of getting me killed, but because of you and a couple of others, I got killed. I had to constantly shoot the vending back in place because of you shooting at it non-stop. Because of that, I had no ammo to keep the cade from collapsing. The cade wasn't fine when I got tagged. The amount of zombies stuck on the cade made it possible for the zombies to push it, which is why I died. That wouldn't of have happened if you and a few others didn't break my cade.

Also, you're lying again about using the slap command when you DIDN'T have the tag on. But whatever, that's for another day.

swagbot 9k
02-05-2015, 02:38 PM
Buying admin and wasting 11 bucks a month so you can't be bothered on a 10 dollar game....

wow.

$Money$
02-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Buying admin and wasting 11 bucks a month so you can't be bothered on a 10 dollar game....

Totally off subject but $19.99 and CSS is LIFE!

septantrionalis
02-05-2015, 02:51 PM

wow.

Totally worth it. I've called another admin a dick for spamming the mic when asked to stop and wasn't banned like previously.

swagbot 9k
02-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Totally off subject but $19.99 and CSS is LIFE!

Lol Steam Sales. I paid $4.99 each for CSS and CSGO.

Totally worth it. I've called another admin a dick for spamming the mic when asked to stop and wasn't banned like previously.

Or you could save that money and use fucking self control. Don't be a dick, keep $11 of your allowance for pokemon cards or whatever kids do these days.

septantrionalis
02-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Or you could save that money and use fucking self control. Don't be a dick, keep $11 of your allowance for pokemon cards or whatever kids do these days.

^--- lol. I'm trying to be civil about this. Apparently some people can't.

sup
02-05-2015, 04:19 PM
Where's the poll?

Evil
02-05-2015, 05:19 PM
Where's the poll?

Whoops forgot to add it. I haven't made a report thread in a long time lol.

Added.

septantrionalis
02-05-2015, 05:44 PM
How do I change my vote from no action to warn?

swagbot 9k
02-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Don't think you can. Make a note of it in a post saying you're vote was incorrectly clicked.

sup
02-05-2015, 08:05 PM
I vote to give Zero a short ban (< 1 day) for the cade break in the demo. He's new and clearly doesn't understand the cade breaking rule so I'd normally say warn but if you're going to buy admin just to avoid being punished then you better know your shit.

StarsMine
02-05-2015, 08:08 PM
this is definitely a warn situation

septantrionalis
02-05-2015, 08:13 PM
I vote to give Zero a short ban (< 1 day) for the cade break in the demo. He's new and clearly doesn't understand the cade breaking rule so I'd normally say warn but if you're going to buy admin just to avoid being punished then you better know your shit.

Just to clarify... I didn't buy admin to avoid bans in general. I got admin for various reasons (I like the server and would like to support it) but I got tired of a few "ban hungry admins" abusing their power and banning players for stupid crap. I say what I mean and if I see an admin acting up, I'll be the first to defend a player. The last time I did that, I actually got banned. Now, at least I have a little leverage.

$Money$
02-05-2015, 08:21 PM
The guy screwed up and this is the first time I have seen anything on him so I really don't see a point in banning on a 1st time thing.
Then again our votes or what we say doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to judging admin abuse.
Might as well just drop it until Clan shows up.

sup
02-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Just to clarify... I didn't buy admin to avoid bans in general. I got admin for various reasons (I like the server and would like to support it) but I got tired of a few "ban hungry admins" abusing their power and banning players for stupid crap. I say what I mean and if I see an admin acting up, I'll be the first to defend a player. The last time I did that, I actually got banned. Now, at least I have a little leverage.

I can appreciate that, it's half the reason most of us buy admin. But with that leverage comes a responsibility to know the rules. Short of posting this thread, Evil would have had no recourse for you breaking his cade and getting him killed.

The guy screwed up and this is the first time I have seen anything on him so I really don't see a point in banning on a 1st time thing.
Then again our votes or what we say doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to judging admin abuse.
Might as well just drop it until Clan shows up.

It's not admin abuse, it's just a plain old temp ban request thread. I don't know that Zero has abused his powers, here or any other time. I haven't seen him do much of anything involving admin commands. But the demo clearly shows cade breaking by an admin and it did result in Evil being tagged, so some minor punishment is in order.

septantrionalis
02-05-2015, 08:41 PM
I can appreciate that, it's half the reason most of us buy admin. But with that leverage comes a responsibility to know the rules. Short of posting this thread, Evil would have had no recourse for you breaking his cade and getting him killed.

It's not admin abuse, it's just a plain old temp ban request thread. I don't know that Zero has abused his powers, here or any other time. I haven't seen him do much of anything involving admin commands. But the demo clearly shows cade breaking by an admin and it did result in Evil being tagged, so some minor punishment is in order.

I apologized for it. It was a mistake (the intent wasn't to get Evil tagged) and wont happen again. I say we move on...

euronews
02-05-2015, 08:55 PM
not that my opinion matters but, i think a warning would suffice here.

phil.™
02-05-2015, 09:34 PM

Even though it is not abuse, admin temp bans on admins should be resolved to ULA or Clan only; and not other admins. Admins should not use admin commands on others (only if restricted admin).

I'll look into this tomorrow.

rawrr
02-06-2015, 04:41 AM
The fact is, he broke a server rule because of what he thought was okay. If he wasn't an admin he would've been banned for it.

Any admin should read the actual rules before doing and/or enforcing what they've heard or think is okay. A lot of admins like to make up their own rules and expect everyone to follow them cause they're an admin, and its wrong. Next time, ask a ula/clan or READ THE RULES.

Also, I meant to put ban but hit warn

septantrionalis
02-06-2015, 10:50 AM
The fact is, he broke a server rule because of what he thought was okay. If he wasn't an admin he would've been banned for it.

Any admin should read the actual rules before doing and/or enforcing what they've heard or think is okay. A lot of admins like to make up their own rules and expect everyone to follow them cause they're an admin, and its wrong.

Funny thing happened while I was playing last night. I made a cade rather quickly and two players were stuck outside. One of them turned into a zombie. The player attempted to unleash his entire magazine on the zombie forgetting that my cade was right behind him and he ended up destroying it. He got tagged and I got tagged. The dude apologized several times saying the zombie scared the shit out of him. I didn't go Evil on his ass. We played as zombies and took over the world. It was fun and we moved on with our lives. I certainly didn't lose sleep over it. Rawr's reply illustrates my point exactly. Some admins are too quick to pull out the ban hammer.

sup
02-06-2015, 03:29 PM
You're comparing the difference between an accidental cade breaking and an intentional one. I'm pretty damn lenient but intentional cade breaking is one thing I'll always punish for.

septantrionalis
02-06-2015, 04:12 PM
You're comparing the difference between an accidental cade breaking and an intentional one. I'm pretty damn lenient but intentional cade breaking is one thing I'll always punish for.

I didn't purposely break his cade either. Its a vending machine in a door (laying down no less). The goal was to shoot it back, slide in, then shoot it back again. If Evil just let me in, we wouldn't be here.

rawrr
02-06-2015, 04:36 PM
If it was not your cade then you should not have shot it to begin with unless you had permission, and from what i hear, you didn't. It doesn't matter why you did it, trying to get in and fixing it is still against the rules since the owner of the cade did not approve it. Like i said before, breaking a cade to get in is still cade breaking and against the rules. Do i really need to quote and link the zmod rules thread AGAIN....

sup
02-06-2015, 04:43 PM
You still don't get it. Shooting a cade, even just to slightly move it to get in, is still considered cade breaking. You didn't intend to maliciously damage the cade but you still intended to break it.

SCRIBBLE
02-08-2015, 06:09 PM
Bumping this to remind myself to look at this later when I am on.

minjae
02-09-2015, 10:27 AM
I feel as though all admins should be REQUIRED to read rules and take a mini test in order to get admin...
The amount of abuse threads from ZM is crazy..

phil.™
02-21-2015, 09:54 PM
This isn't abuse, this is clearly cade breaking.
Shooting someones cade to get in is considered cade breaking. If you don't know this, learn the rules. Especially if you are going to be an admin here.

4 Hour ban issued.
Closed.