PDA

View Full Version : Senior Expiration

iNoToRiOuS
08-21-2015, 07:01 PM
While you're senior and decide to go AFK, what's the amount of time you have to get back and still be senior? I have never seen a specific amount of time that an admin has to return to his or her computer to keep seniority. Other admins claim it's 10 minutes and/or 15 minutes. Regarding my case, I was gone for a little more than 30 minutes.

If anyone can show me where this is written, then I'll greatly appreciate it. Thank you

$Money$
08-21-2015, 07:12 PM
We had a thread about this around 3-4 months ago, If I remember correctly Zero said around 20 mins being afk before losing senior.
I could be wrong on the time tho. I tried finding the thread but no luck, believe that convo just hijacked another thread.

swagbot 9k
08-21-2015, 07:48 PM
It was an Absolution hate thread I remember. I do believe it is 20 minutes.

SCRIBBLE
08-21-2015, 08:04 PM
20 minutes. Don't be a dick and go afk for 20 minutes.

iNoToRiOuS
08-21-2015, 08:08 PM
20 minutes. Don't be a dick and go afk for 20 minutes.

Yup, I understand. Regardless of the prior ACTIVE 6 hours and 30 minute of playing on the server, while being senior, I understand... I'm considered a dick for going A.F.K. for 35 minutes to go shower and eat. Nonetheless, I understand.

SCRIBBLE
08-21-2015, 08:22 PM
Or disconnect for the 35 minutes to not only avoid trivial arguments over senior and posts like these but it would also leave a slot open for people who potentially could not join otherwise. Yes, after hogging senior for over a quarter of the day, you are a dick if you go afk for half an hour and believe you should continue to dictate the map selection upon your return.

swagbot 9k
08-21-2015, 09:30 PM
If you're on for 6 hours straight you're faggot with no life. Go outside meet people. Talk to friends over lunch or something.

iNoToRiOuS
08-21-2015, 10:05 PM
Or disconnect for the 35 minutes to not only avoid trivial arguments over senior and posts like these but it would also leave a slot open for people who potentially could not join otherwise. Yes, after hogging senior for over a quarter of the day, you are a dick if you go afk for half an hour and believe you should continue to dictate the map selection upon your return.

I'm sorry that I have far more time than others. However, there are two rational perspectives to go on about this, but I no longer care. Anyway, 20 minutes? Alright

minjae
08-22-2015, 08:09 AM
I can care less about being senior.
More people should be like me. That's why you should vote me for clan.
(See what I did there? lololol I'm playin tho)

But really...if people cared less about being senior, then there'd be less arguments over in the ZM server.

-Whitey-
08-22-2015, 11:32 AM
If you're on for 6 hours straight you're faggot with no life. Go outside meet people. Talk to friends over lunch or something.

I was on 17 hours straight a week or two ago.

What
08-22-2015, 06:22 PM
Nerds

swagbot 9k
08-22-2015, 07:25 PM
I was on 17 hours straight a week or two ago.

You have a very off and varied work schedule though. Still 17 hours straight on a game astounds me. I can barely do 5 hours in WoW

-Whitey-
08-22-2015, 07:27 PM
You have a very off and varied work schedule though. Still 17 hours straight on a game astounds me. I can barely do 5 hours in WoW

I've done 18 hours in WoW. CSS normally gets a max of about 8. But 17 because it was Saturday 12pm - early sunday morning.

hippo
08-23-2015, 11:46 AM
But 17 because it was Saturday 12pm - early sunday morning.

Wow, I don't even have 17 hours on Cs in total

SCRIBBLE
08-23-2015, 03:08 PM
Wow, I don't even have 17 hours on Cs in total

You will earn the infamous Body Bagger achievement one day, just be patient.

Joker
08-24-2015, 01:16 PM
You will earn the infamous Body Bagger achievement one day, just be patient.

^^ This

I'm a zambi
08-25-2015, 03:45 PM
I know this was already brought up, but here are my views:

Yes, you can be AFK for 20 minutes with seniority.
Yes, you can play for 6 or more hours.
Yes, you can be a dick about it.

But just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. If you give everyone a chance, the server will be a lot happier a place. I know some admins on ZMod (not naming names, but some of the newer ones) like to hog seniority for hours and end up killing the server after a few terrible or overplayed maps. While you may not be obligated to surrender seniority, sometimes it's nice to pay it forward and often times, will end up diversifying play, since not everyone enjoys the same maps (over and over again). This is just my opinion, feel free to disregard it, but I think it's worth noting.