PDA

View Full Version : Fast zombies on escape maps

inthebutt
05-09-2009, 03:58 AM
whyt made me come over here hahaha

So the thing I wanna address is, fast zombies. Now that whyt has pointed out we can't have a map rule of no fast zombies on zm_mines_of_moria. This is not the only map fast zombies have a far greater advantage on. Most escape maps are over way to quick cause of this class of zombies. Now there isn't anything wrong with it, its a great class but we should tone down the speed on speed zombies on some maps.

Hodgie
05-09-2009, 04:06 AM
ITB = Monkey Arms

whytboiz33
05-09-2009, 04:13 AM
i think, instead of crippling the fast zombie... cuz theyre fast... but have heavy knock back... you host zombie mod training courses... to teach people lessons such as...

shoot the zombie...

if you hit them... they will fly backwards...

get good and dont be nubs. geezus.

inthebutt
05-09-2009, 04:17 AM
i think, instead of crippling the fast zombie... cuz theyre fast... but have heavy knock back... you host zombie mod training courses... to teach people lessons such as...

shoot the zombie...

yes fast zombies have more kickback, but they can strafe better to. which means they can dodge bullets better. most players don't know how to lead there shots, but I'm off for tonight. my buzz is kicking in.

Hodgie
05-09-2009, 04:19 AM
most players don't know how to lead there shots,

Read "most zm players can't aim for shit"

THE HOLY SH**T!
05-09-2009, 02:48 PM
I believe zer0 said, if the admins beleive something is unfair, or to one sided, the admins can take a vote to ensure that no players are allow to use the spot or the thing players are complaining about.

He said something along the lines of that, within the forums...

So pretty much, if admins think that fast zombies are unfair on escape maps, admins have the rights to make them "illegal" to use. We can just freeze players who are fast zombies to make it more fair.

Whyt, you know that the fast zombies move to fast? There hitboxes are incredibly small and are hard to keep up with.

Kavinsky
05-09-2009, 05:53 PM
theres a few other things, theres 3 teleports that completely bypass the cade in the hall of mines of moria that teleports them right into us even without fast zombies its almost impossible to win, and we'd have a far better chance on atix if the jumpers were disabled, so fast zombies are not really to blame on escape maps, poor design is.

whytboiz33
05-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I believe zer0 said, if the admins beleive something is unfair, or to one sided, the admins can take a vote to ensure that no players are allow to use the spot or the thing players are complaining about.

So pretty much, if admins think that fast zombies are unfair on escape maps, admins have the rights to make them "illegal" to use. We can just freeze players who are fast zombies to make it more fair.

Whyt, you know that the fast zombies move to fast? There hitboxes are incredibly small and are hard to keep up with.

youre a moron. im not appose to any choices you make. im saying this... zero compinsated for the speed of the zombies... EACH ZOMBIE HAS PROS AND CONS.

you cant penalize a player for playing on our server and using the mod zero implimented. if zero decides to reduce the speed even more, then so be it. he has the power to control the speed. so instead of makign ur own rules on something he can manipulate, how about u adress the issue to him to correct it.

this is all im saying... ill repeat it again... zero has the power to control this... why not just tell him about this so he can lower the speed even more then he has, instead of just creating rules. maybe if u inform him, and he says "ok, i will slow them down, until then, dont allow the fast". or maybe even "ill slow it down, until then, bare with the speed".

ADRESS YOUR CONCERNS!!!!

whytboiz33
05-09-2009, 09:53 PM
its really breath taking, and quiet shocking as to how ignorant and just playing stupid you children can be.

ZERO
05-09-2009, 10:22 PM
I am going to be working on having a mod make the nades have a bigger blast radius on some maps along with more damage. This will result in the zombies being on fire easier and longer thus making them slower. Alternatively, I could try to develop a mod that turns flashes into stun nades or something and enable them only on escape maps. Such a nade would make zombies slower but would not do dammage and would be stackable.

๖ReS
05-09-2009, 10:26 PM

Is that legit info? It dose seem like when shooting a fast zombie head on they kinda run through your bullets rather than halt mid-run and get forced back. The fast zombie should be removed totally in my opinion. Its up to Zero i guess.

THE HOLY SH**T!
05-09-2009, 10:37 PM
its really breath taking, and quiet shocking as to how ignorant and just playing stupid you children can be.

Says the McDonald's worker.

Ignorant to what please? Yes i know the classes are design to balance the server. But whats the point of playing an escape map when the zombies are infront of the humans within the 1st 45 seconds of the round...

Then humans get tag and everyone gets mad and bored from how dull the map becomes...

It's pretty funny when your the hipocrite here whyt, the issue was adress, and i came up with the solution by reading the rules.

You really think no1 has adress this issue before? should read around a little more... We've been saying shit like this for the past 2-4 months....

Is that legit info? It dose seem like when shooting a fast zombie head on they kinda run through your bullets rather than halt mid-run and get forced back. The fast zombie should be removed totally in my opinion. Its up to Zero i guess.

Yeh it is, since the fast zombie is not normal size, it has a smaller hitbox.

whytboiz33
05-10-2009, 12:08 AM
you dont know my personal situation. so dont talk about shit u dont know about.

freezing people, especialy other admins for using a zombie class isnt following the rules.

youve had ur history of admin abuse you idiot. youve been a good little bitch latley. how about you keep it up.

inthebutt
05-10-2009, 12:40 AM
That's what I just realized the problem is. The IBIS clan members need to be on the ZM server as much as the regular admins do. Whyt I know what your saying follow the rules and don't come up with your own. I get that, I understand it and I'll follow it. but the thing is your not on nearly as much as all the regs, sure your in there every now and than (I've seen NYS in there but no dep, MPB, The beast). We are addressing the problem look at how many threads are in this discussion and the server threads. The thing that is frustrating most of us ZM players is that nothing is being done. We do address the issues whyt. I'm sure you read about them. now this isn't meant as a flame or anything in that nature toward the clan members, but you guys really have no idea what we the admins and players have to deal with in there. plus if you haven't noticed the ZM server is starting to have less and less players in there. Just about a month ago the server was always near full capacity now were lucky if we can get it to be full.

Like you said its your server whyt and we just play here. I'm bringing the problems to the forums but it would be nice if we actually got results. I know zero is busy with school and finals. So were waiting for him. We are waiting for the new admin system, but what needs to be done most is addressing the problems such as zombie speed, ZM maps that need to be taken out or replaced, votemute and votekick/ban back on the server. No one here from the ZM server is trying to undermine the clan members. I can speak for myself and the other ZM admins that we are doing the best we can to keep the ZM server full, fun and entertaining. The clan members just need to experience it first hand what goes on in a full day of ZM.

THE HOLY SH**T!
05-10-2009, 01:09 AM
you dont know my personal situation. so dont talk about shit u dont know about.

freezing people, especialy other admins for using a zombie class isnt following the rules.

youve had ur history of admin abuse you idiot. youve been a good little bitch latley. how about you keep it up.

I don't need to know anything about your shit life to prove a point. I came here to support the thread of speed zombies, and folow the rules to prove the point that it's unfair for speed zombies to be used on escape maps. Which you don't give a shit, and try to look like hot shit by statening the obvious.

And learn to fucking read, does it say i freeze people? no... it was a suggestion... hmm wait a minute...

Can't read + Mcdonalds.... :smirk:

Good little bitch you say, Act like your the shit working at mcdonalds and being in a CS:S clan, your real cool man, fucking loser and failure at life.

Whyt the fact is, this is a thread about fixing the server, and making it a better place. If you don't have any ideas or anything to say, stfu and go back behind the counter.

TheLittlestHobo
05-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Thank me for actually doing something about the fast zombies in the Mines of Moria map that influenced them to do something about it for most escape maps.

However, I do think fast zombies are a little more cheap on some escape maps and it kills most of the maps (Jarassic Park, Lost world, Mario Escape, Canal Escape, Spacestation Flee, Train Escape, Mines of Moria, Escape the Eye, Licciana Escape, Italian Escape, Black Mesa Escape, etc.) Now I prefer if the fast zombies were disabled in escape maps, but it cannot be done, at least make the fast zombies have considerably lower hp or make it a tad slower.

In regards to the admins that aren't regulars vs the ones that do play regularly, the non-regulars (I didn't want to say irregulars because it sounds infectious) haven't played enough to understand what would be fair to humans and what not. In addition to finding the rule breakers, people tend to negect the integrity of the game. The regulars (I mean the ones that play everyday for at least 3-5 hours every day) can understand what is fair and what is not. They pretty much have more experience of the modern ways of playing than the admins who used to play for a long time and began to start playing again or do not go on often (i.e. some IBIS clan members).

I don't even want to give rants like these but I'm doing this because I was asked to and to give my professional opinion about it.

Long live IBIS ZM Server!

XxMastagunzxX
05-10-2009, 10:26 AM
I don't need to know anything about your shit life to prove a point. I came here to support the thread of speed zombies, and folow the rules to prove the point that it's unfair for speed zombies to be used on escape maps. Which you don't give a shit, and try to look like hot shit by statening the obvious.

And learn to fucking read, does it say i freeze people? no... it was a suggestion... hmm wait a minute...

Good little bitch you say, Act like your the shit working at mcdonalds and being in a CS:S clan, your real cool man, fucking loser and failure at life.

Whyt the fact is, this is a thread about fixing the server, and making it a better place. If you don't have any ideas or anything to say, stfu and go back behind the counter.

OWNED :lmao:

whytboiz33
05-10-2009, 01:43 PM

like i said, you dont know anything about my life. you seem kind of obsessed. i didnt kno i had such a big paperazi on my ass. maybe u guys should do some more research this time. its amuzing when internet nerdz try to bring actual life into the discussion. get a life scrub.

i told you morons already that we will do what we feel is best for the servers. and zero, i believe, has already said that he will reduce the speed of the fast zombie.

inthebutt, you kno i try to play ZM more. i am a fairly busy guy. i have been trying to connnect to the zm a bit more. i believe my connectivity is at 98%.

anex
05-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Why is it that we can never get along in these forums...

If fast zombies were taken out or slowed down, it be too easy to win. You all would hate me cause I would kill the zombie within 30 seconds of the round. Also you get a sense of accomplishment if you can beat an escape map. If we start cutting down the difficulty then it will become easier and then less desirable to play. I know I wouldn't want to play a map that I can beat almost every single round. Its about team work and if you got fucktard noobs who do not know how to cooperatively play then oh well...

Now lets get some alcohol and have fun in ZM! :pals:

THE HOLY SH**T!
05-10-2009, 07:01 PM
like i said, you dont know anything about my life. you seem kind of obsessed. i didnt kno i had such a big paperazi on my ass. maybe u guys should do some more research this time. its amuzing when internet nerdz try to bring actual life into the discussion. get a life scrub.

This made me laugh pretty hard whyt, never knew you were like Virt.

Christmas
05-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Why is it that we can never get along in these forums...

If fast zombies were taken out or slowed down, it be too easy to win. You all would hate me cause I would kill the zombie within 30 seconds of the round. Also you get a sense of accomplishment if you can beat an escape map. If we start cutting down the difficulty then it will become easier and then less desirable to play. I know I wouldn't want to play a map that I can beat almost every single round. Its about team work and if you got fucktard noobs who do not know how to cooperatively play then oh well...

Now lets get some alcohol and have fun in ZM! :pals:

If the fast zombies still gave the humans a chance to win in escape maps there wouldn't be much of a problem.

However if you have two fast zombies, they easily catch up to every single player and ruin the game.

And Kavinsky: If people were smart enough to GUARD THE DESTROYED STAIRS instead of jump off, the zombies would have a very low chance of being able to tag a human before the humans make it past the bridge.

Kavinsky
05-10-2009, 08:54 PM
as soon as you get out of the hall with the baracaded doors a teleport opens up infront of that hall, that's maybe 15 feet away from the path the humans take.

Guess what happens when a mass of zombies go throught it that while people are not paying attention to the left side of the path.

anex
05-10-2009, 11:53 PM
If the fast zombies still gave the humans a chance to win in escape maps there wouldn't be much of a problem.

However if you have two fast zombies, they easily catch up to every single player and ruin the game.

You sound like a whiner. If I was a predator I could easily catch up to every single one of you guys. Its all how you play the game. Just cause its hard doesn't mean you have to make it easier to win.

as soon as you get out of the hall with the baracaded doors a teleport opens up infront of that hall, that's maybe 15 feet away from the path the humans take.

Mines of Moria is gay like that, man I hate that map so much.

Kavinsky
05-11-2009, 02:19 AM
hey playing zmod has gotten redundant for me because of maps like that,
I used to be on the server for half the day, now I only come on for one or two maps, not only because of maps like that but because of all the kids that we seem to be getting on, I hate there fucking high pitched voices, and it ussually takes an admin, if there is one on 4 minutes to get around to muting them, sometime about 20 seconds if theres a good admin on.

inthebutt
05-11-2009, 02:41 AM
hey playing zmod has gotten redundant for me because of maps like that,
I used to be on the server for half the day, now I only come on for one or two maps, not only because of maps like that but because of all the kids that we seem to be getting on, I hate there fucking high pitched voices, and it ussually takes an admin, if there is one on 4 minutes to get around to muting them, sometime about 20 seconds if theres a good admin on.

thats why when I'm senior admin, I refuse to go to maps like mines of moria. its not even that great of an escape map. yes it was nice to have some new maps but now that we've played it and tried it, this is one that has to go.

kavinsky you know I don't deal with mic spammers. just play when I play.

for the fast zombie, its not that great of a class of zombie. the only thing it has going for it is it's speed. Its HP is way to low, 8 or 10 direct hits to the head and its done for.

I also see that jigsaw is on the forums again, come play some ZM jigsaw!!

anex
05-11-2009, 06:10 AM
for the fast zombie, its not that great of a class of zombie. the only thing it has going for it is it's speed. Its HP is way to low, 8 or 10 direct hits to the head and its done for/

Shit dude shutup! Thats how I get my kills!

inthebutt
05-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Shit dude shutup! Thats how I get my kills!

my bad anex the truth was I really thought you had an aim bot on :lmao:

anex
05-11-2009, 01:29 PM
my bad anex the truth was I really thought you had an aim bot on :lmao:

:plzdie:

Seriously! Dude! An aim bot?! I do not use an aim bot. I use an automated system that calibrates my cursor to follow the "said" hit box of my opponent.

Two totally different things.

Paper
05-11-2009, 03:11 PM
I'd like to complain about fast zombies on escape maps because humans never win them anymore. But really, I can't.

We used to be able to win the escape maps (mines not included because it's new and there are obvious problems with the teleport system) without any problem. Jurassic in particular comes to mind because the longest segment of the map is totally flat. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing that has changed in relation to movement is the parachute.

The thing is, to restrict/slow significantly the speed zombie is pointless because that's not the problem. Like Anex said, the problem is the lack of cooperation and the lack of skill many players have when it comes to jumping (and other things that don't come to mind at the moment, I'm specifically thinking about jurassic park right now).

Oh, and please don't expand the blast radius for the grenade, I hate the fire.

A general idea for grenades would be to have fire instead of blinding from flash grenades, then have the frag as a high kickback tool. This would also prevent a lot of unintentional cade breaking because people throwing grenades around the corner would be more likely to use the DoT grenade instead of something that would just throw the zombie back.

Kavinsky
05-15-2009, 02:47 AM
indeed its much more than just the fast zombies that are causing us trouble its this sudden influx of new players that we've been comming across thats causing most of the trouble, everythime we play jurassic park theres atleast one or two people ahead of us who shoot the boards down on other players, slowing everyone down, the same goes for all the jurrasic park themed maps too.

Hodgie
05-15-2009, 05:26 AM
indeed its much more than just the fast zombies that are causing us trouble its this sudden influx of new players that we've been comming across thats causing most of the trouble, everythime we play jurassic park theres atleast one or two people ahead of us who shoot the boards down on other players, slowing everyone down, the same goes for all the jurrasic park themed maps too.

Damn those new people who join the servers... they should know better than to go and make the server more popular.

inthebutt
05-15-2009, 11:28 AM
that coming from the guy who only plays the ZM server late at night hahaha

Christmas
05-15-2009, 05:37 PM
You sound like a whiner. If I was a predator I could easily catch up to every single one of you guys. Its all how you play the game. Just cause its hard doesn't mean you have to make it easier to win.

There is a huge difference between fast and predator.

Fast is much faster (especially when you know how to sidestep)
Fast is a smaller target

The lower health doesn't make up for it on escape maps. On Jurrassic Park one fast zombie can tag every single player easily, unlike the predator.

Mines of Moria is gay like that, man I hate that map so much.

I don't understand why. It is much more fun that the majority of the escape maps that are on the server now.

Clone
05-15-2009, 11:10 PM
I just wanted to tell you all i love you guys...
:L33T:

๖ReS
05-16-2009, 12:01 AM
I just wanted to tell you all i love you guys...
:L33T:

I love you too.:love:

Kavinsky
05-16-2009, 04:20 PM
being an ass and blowing the bridge or destroying the planks so the rest of the team has to take the long route and making the server more popular are two very different things Hodgie and mines of moria is better than most escape maps, it just needs to be modified specifically for the ibis server or any server with zombie classes that are all typically faster than the classic

TheLittlestHobo
05-18-2009, 02:53 PM
I just want to make an educated guess here. Just note that most of these escape maps we're playing were made when classic zombies were the only class to exist. I could be hella wrong, but that was boggling on my mind when I play escape maps.

๖ReS
05-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Yeah back when Zmod first started up, there were only the Classic style zombies. Then they started adding different models and sooner or later they added different perks to those models like running fast or higher health. Most maps were designed with the idea that the zombies aren't running a Mach 2. Eh, most escape maps get ruined by this... unless your not playing with a bunch of noobs... which is usually the case on the Zmod server ;_;
I think the fast zombie should be removed, just because it moves too fast and the hit boxes are fucked up because of that.

inthebutt
05-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Yeah back when Zmod first started up, there were only the Classic style zombies. Then they started adding different models and sooner or later they added different perks to those models like running fast or higher health. Most maps were designed with the idea that the zombies aren't running a Mach 2. Eh, most escape maps get ruined by this... unless your not playing with a bunch of noobs... which is usually the case on the Zmod server ;_;
I think the fast zombie should be removed, just because it moves too fast and the hit boxes are fucked up because of that.

you know what we should do for the fast, crank the speed on that sucker all the way up, to as high as it would go. Than people wouldn't wanna play as that class cause they can't control it, those who can either have mad skill or are just hacking :lmao:

Paper
05-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Would love to see what that did to cading physics. You may have just figured out how to take away the money rooms invincibility.

Christmas
05-30-2009, 02:31 PM
you know what we should do for the fast, crank the speed on that sucker all the way up, to as high as it would go. Than people wouldn't wanna play as that class cause they can't control it, those who can either have mad skill or are just hacking :lmao:

Yes please.

Kavinsky
05-30-2009, 07:27 PM
after awhile everyone would adjust to the speed and start owning everyone, the humans would have even less of a chance on an escape, between the incredible speed and the parachutes.

EVL_Ripper
06-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Whyt doesnt even play the ZM servers so he doesnt need to worry about logical stipulations made by admins.

Mallissin
06-02-2009, 08:39 PM

shoot the zombie...

ROFL!! You forgot the "SHOOT'M IN THE HEAD!"

I think the knock-back on fasts isn't enough. I don't know Zero's proportions for knock-back versus speed, but seems like fasts can avoid knock-back by doing the running while strafing technique. Reducing straft speed on fasts might remove this, but I think this was discussed a year ago and wasn't possible?

Also, maybe fast zombies are like drag racers, where they can go forward incredibly fast but they slip around and can't take corners well? So fast zombies would always have problems stopping or turning, making it easier for a human to evade even in close combat with the knock-back. They'd always be sliding around depending on how fast they're going. Kinda making it hard to aim yourself like inthebutt was stressing in his idea.

As far as Mines of Moria is concerned, Zero has always offered to tailor settings for each map to accommodate problems like this. Maybe he can just nudge zombie speeds down for this map in particular?

I am going to be working on having a mod make the nades have a bigger blast radius on some maps along with more damage. This will result in the zombies being on fire easier and longer thus making them slower. Alternatively, I could try to develop a mod that turns flashes into stun nades or something and enable them only on escape maps. Such a nade would make zombies slower but would not do dammage and would be stackable.

Both are awesome ideas. Would it be possible to make the fire damage cumulative for multiple nade strikes? So, if several humans toss a bunch of nades onto the same zombie(s), the zombies would be on fire longer.

Maybe flashes can blind the zombies for periods relating to their distance like the fire from HE grenades now?

Don't necessarily need to turn them on only for escape maps, since they could be useful to use when a barricade is going down. Humans could pop a flash and run out the opened barricade while the zombies are blind.