PDA

View Full Version : SPYFALL, anyone interested in a quick game?

CYBER
10-16-2015, 10:43 AM
The game is a lot shorter than a mafia game, it's called SPY FALL. Check out these 2 vids for RULES and a sample game at start of vid:
Rules + sample 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCRbE2DMhw8
Rules + sample 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AJva1xq160

Basically the game on the forum will have ROUNDS.
In each ROUND, anyone can talk to anyone, regular discussions, but the ROUND is done when EVERY person in the game posts ONE question Q@TARGETTED at someone, and colored red and bolded, and the targeted player answered EVERY red question targeted at them with a A@REDIRECTED at the asker in green.

During this time, you can either decide on "VOTE Xperson", "unvote" or "VOTE NO-LYNCH".
-------------------------

Example scenario on forums where there's 3 players:

ROUND 1 STARTS:

Blade: Blah blah blahblahlblahlahlahlahlahlahlahlahla
Scribble: balfgadlkk
Cyber: fdkgdfjgdfgfdlgdfjgdf

Cyber: Q@SCRIBBLE "What are you wearing now?"
Scribble: vlaasdkfdsfbsdffsd
Cyber: fjkdd
Scribble: fkgjdfkg
Scribble: A@CYBER "I'm wearing a uniform."
Blade: blahablal
Cyber: blaflgfdlgdf
Scribble: Q@Cyber "What color do you see the most around you?"

Cyber: A@SCRIBBLE "Blue."
Blade: Q@CYBER "How do you get to work?"

Cyber: Blafgadlg
Scribble: blah.
Cyber:@BLADE "Your mom. she gives me a ride." (<-- doesnt count because no A@ or Q@ tag or color or bold)
Cyber: A@BLADE "I walk out the door." ( <---counts as answer, but stupid answer that gave away too much )

(because everyone ASKED a question, and every question has been ANSWERED by those respective targets: )
ROUND 1 ENDs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

When round ends, The spy has 24 hours to either:

POST ON THE THREAD, the location of the current scene played. And basically attempt to win the game while risking to out themselves as the spy if they failed the guess. (basically a 1-shot take all kind of post) : SPY for example BLADE: @GUESS: The location is a submarine!
OR write the MOD that he's not going to attempt a guess. blade : "Please post on the thread that the spy wont attempt to guess"

As soon as the spy makes his decision, the "townies, non-spy" people have 24 hours to GET A MAJORITY ON ANY WAGON and reach a verdict. (player, or no lynch).

When the majority is reached on voting a single person. The game ends. If the townies voted the SPY, the townies win.
If the voters did NOT vote the correct spy, the SPY WINS. and the game is ended completely.
If the voters voted NO LYNCH, the ROUND 2 starts. and so forth.

GAME AUTOMATICALLY ENDS when a Maximum of THREE ROUNDS (this is my current arbitrary guess of enough rounds assuming 8+ players) is played, or until the "2 WEEKS deadline is reached." (Maximum estimated time to finish an IBIS game, based on chatter.)
That's when "No LYNCH" is no longer an option. But the spy can still refuse to guess the location, and just rely on townies fucking up the vote.

----------------------------------

ANYONE INTERESTED in such a game?
Check out the videos for the easy rules at the very beginning.

CYBER
10-16-2015, 11:03 AM
Such a mini game will be a good practice exercise for asking GOOD questions, to get specific information or to bait someone, without giving away too much information or else the spy can collect that data to guess the location.
This will hopefully teach people to rely purely on discussions, and thus might make future mafia games stronger and better by relying less on the abilities and be able to extract information better from chats.

Blackmage
10-16-2015, 01:10 PM
Quick note, since we have problems with it. That colour is Lime, not green. Count me in.

Trigger Unhappy
10-16-2015, 01:13 PM
count me in.

CYBER
10-16-2015, 02:41 PM
Quick note, since we have problems with it. That colour is Lime, not green. Count me in.

the "lime" color is easier to find in threads on the ibis background compared to "green".
I agree that it's better to mention this now than regret it later, but i feel like that color's easily a better color than the green, and serves the same purpose.
The red is fine as is.
The yellow could be the canary yellow or light gold, bottom line is, just make it obvious that u're using a triggering action when trying to use colors.

Same rulings as mafia apply here regarding decency, quoting the mod, being a cunt or racism vs players, intentionally feeding information to lose the game, etc...

CAREFUL PEOPLE, in this game, ANYTHING you say might help the spy, so this game should teach people here about information trading, information hiding, and information targetting.

Rosie
10-16-2015, 03:08 PM
I'm down.

Oh sorry Cyber that's slang for yes I will play.

Passarelli
10-16-2015, 03:33 PM
I'm in if my known time restraints are OK.

Assassin
10-16-2015, 03:42 PM
Yeah I'd be down for this.

Blackmage
10-16-2015, 04:00 PM
Quick question. From your example, people can delay in answering questions, but is there a reasonable time suggested for how long you can delay?

I've never played this game, nor seen it played on a forum before, so not sure what standard rules are.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, are you planning on running the first game Cyber? Because we already have 5 people other than you in yes.

SCRIBBLE
10-16-2015, 04:01 PM
Sure.

CYBER
10-16-2015, 10:46 PM
Quick question. From your example, people can delay in answering questions, but is there a reasonable time suggested for how long you can delay?

I've never played this game, nor seen it played on a forum before, so not sure what standard rules are.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, are you planning on running the first game Cyber? Because we already have 5 people other than you in yes.

YES i'm planning on modding the first game.
And to be honest? this is THE first time i've ever applied this to forum based, trust me it wasn't easy to try to figure out the time restraints and how many rounds should be enough etc.

So this game WILL be a trial and error test run to get the kinks sorted out, much like how mafia started here.
The way I see it is that if after the first day , or round, people were taking FOREVER to answer, or simply dodging, then i'll simply set a time restraint of 36 hours or something depending on activity for future days.

Again, this has NEVER been done in a forum based, at least never by me or in ibis, so if we get this going well, we might actually be pioneers in this as a subsection of the forums.
NORMALLY this game is done in person, and the WHOLE GAME lasts 7 minutes, so if you stall as the SPY, then you're wasting opportunity to get another round to ask questions to get info to guess the game. and if you dodge as the TOWN, then you're also denying chances of baiting and trapping the spy with harder questions u know?

Trial and run, i'll try my best to use the best of my judgement to handle this modding, but much like mafia games, time restraints can hurt town, so i'd rather if people used common courtesy and fos'd the people dodging simple questions that they shouldn't be taking forever to answer.

What
10-16-2015, 10:47 PM
nipples

CYBER
10-17-2015, 03:03 AM
alright. 6 people confirmed so far. I'll give it until tomorrow (saturday evening) for anyone else to join as 8+ would be ideal.
SO IF YOU THINK SOMEONE SHOULD JOIN, holla at them and point them to this thread before tomorrow evening!.

I should hopefully have a setup and flavor by Sunday afternoon, after my shift.

CYBER
10-17-2015, 03:30 AM
Damn. I setup the flavor faster than i thought. It's ready for 6 people but can accomodate more.
So check the thread tomorrow (sat night) as i will start sending the roles then if no more people show up.
h.

Blackmage
10-17-2015, 03:27 PM
Scribble said sure, but didn't vote, so we might be at 7, actually :)

SCRIBBLE
10-17-2015, 08:18 PM
I'm in.

CYBER
10-17-2015, 08:43 PM
LOL scribble closed the thread. sneaky sneaky bastard.
setting up the game.

clear your fucking inboxes everyone. and DO NOT delete the role as i will NOT send it again. (looking at u trig and assassin <3)

StarsMine
10-17-2015, 09:05 PM
pft I voted in the thread before yo ustarted the game, way to go cyber

CYBER
10-17-2015, 09:15 PM
already took you into account Stars.
Roles sent out.

- - - Updated - - -

thread now officially closed at 8 players in.
No more people being added.

Sorry if you thought you were omitted stars, i think scribble accidentally closed the thread and i didn't see a post of yours until i was checking the polls for the list of players to post in the other thread.