PDA

View Full Version : SPYFALL Game #001. LOCATION WAS AT <MILITARY BASE>

CYBER
10-17-2015, 09:00 PM
This is the thread I will be directing all of you to confirm in.
At the end of each day, I will combine all the Q@ questions and A@ answers in one big list and put them in this post for easy retrieval later on. *You're welcome!*

Players, in alphabetical order, are:
Assassin, Blackmage, Pass, Rosie, Scribble, Starsmine, Trigger and What.

ONLY the players mentioned above and myself are allowed to post on this thread!

DAY 1 begins when the majority (currently 5/8) confirms.

For this game and future games, I WILL TREAT THE MAJORITY AS A 51% if there's an even number of players (for example, requiring 5 votes, if there's 8 people).
But since this game is a 1-shot-win-all kind of game, obviously the number of players won't change throughout.

CHECK THE SIGN UP THREAD (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/13892-SPYFALL-anyone-interested-in-a-quick-game) FOR THE LIST OF RULES posted at the start of the youtube links i posted, as well as to see a sample of how our forum wording will be treated.

If you have any questions regarding on HOW TO PLAY, let me know, but I retain the option of denying to answer. Denying to answer doesn't give neither a YES nor a NO to your answer, it simply means that I do not feel that answering this question will help the game status, for the better nor the worse.

Day 1 CONVERSATION:

Q@BM What kind of shoes does your role wear normally?
A@Rosie Whatever shoes I please.

Q@Rosie - What tool does your job typically use?
A@ Pass usually I am the tool

q@what what type of building do you work in?
A@Assassin I no longer work in any

Q@Stars What noises do you associate most with your location?
A@Blackmage Either blank artillery fire or running cadences

Q@assassin - what's your favorite hobby?
a@ trigger building or repairing stuff

Q@Blackmage What do you wear on Casual Friday?
A@Scribble: I don't get a casual Friday

Q@Blackmage: What sort of tools do you use for your work?
A@Stars: My computer is my main tool.

Q@BM What do you think of the food here?
A@What I have had better

StarsMine
10-17-2015, 09:16 PM
I suppose I confirm then

Blackmage
10-17-2015, 10:11 PM
Confirmed. Role deleted as requested.

Assassin
10-17-2015, 10:32 PM
Confirmed

Rosie
10-17-2015, 10:34 PM
Confirmed

SCRIBBLE
10-17-2015, 11:26 PM
Confirmed

What
10-18-2015, 12:14 AM
firmed

CYBER
10-18-2015, 12:31 AM
SCENE BEGINS:

As the morning sun rises, you find yourselves in a group of people that you do not recognize.

"What's going on, who are you? Where are we? Is that a ..."

- QUIET! DON'T SAY ANOTHER WORD! Bits and pieces are coming back to me, and I remember that we have a traitor among us!

"Are you saying there's a spy here? WHO?"

- I don't know.... I seem to not be able to recall anything about any of you... All I know is my own name and what I do... But everything else seems fuzzy.

** Perhaps we should discuss some details, perhaps everything will come back to us?**

- I'm sorry but I do not trust any of you, unfortunately. For all I know you could be the spy trying to phish for information!

"We need to go about this intelligently then! Since the spy must be new around here, and most likely unfamiliar with our roles and this location, how about we ask each other questions, and the targeted person MUST reply to the question while both providing information to clear him, yet being vague enough for the spy to not pick up on where we're at..."

- That sounds like a plan. I do remember that something urgent was about to happen, so we should probably RUSH with our line of questioning. So if someone holds back on answering or stalls for too long, we should probably... let's just say... get rid of them...

**Let's do this then**

And just like that, the group of people (let's call them Townies, for the sake of narration) started a very dangerous game of 20 questions, but do they have time for 20 questions? Can they afford to wait for 20 questions, they do not know... All they know is that someone's faking that they belong at this location, and that this spy will do anything to find out where they're at, and cause unimaginable chaos...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Random discussion is allowed now.
The game ends when EVERY single one of you directs a question at another player with the format described in the rules.
Multiple people can ask the same suspect, but each of you only has ONE question they can enforce at their target... Play wisely.
When every targeted question is asked and answered, the day will end, after which the spy has 24 hours MAX to either PM ME, or post their guess in the thread in the format required.

IF I FEEL THAT SOMEONE IS WASTING TIME OR STALLING THE GAME FOR NO LOGICAL REASON, I WILL SMITE THEM, and they will be removed from the game.
PS: same rules as mafia apply, do not edit your posts, and etc .... you know your shit by now.

DAY 1, BEGINS.

Rosie
10-18-2015, 02:46 AM
I will start this shit off.

Q@BM What kind of shoes does your role wear normally?

Passarelli
10-18-2015, 03:13 AM
Confirmed

Passarelli
10-18-2015, 03:24 AM
Q@Rosie - What tool does your job typically use?

What
10-18-2015, 05:23 AM
Isn't the point of the game supposed to just be the questions? Adding random discussion seems like it will just lengthen the game or allow more information to be gathered for either side than is intended.

Passarelli
10-18-2015, 05:41 AM
Q@What - Do you have an above normal risk of being raped?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what What said.

CYBER
10-18-2015, 05:49 AM
Isn't the point of the game supposed to just be the questions? Adding random discussion seems like it will just lengthen the game or allow more information to be gathered for either side than is intended.

discussion is just so that the game doesn't stale with people being quiet and unable to interact and unknowing what to do ESPECIALLY since this is the very first game we do of the type. Not to mention that in real life, people do have discussions while asking questions like "you know? i thought it was Cyber as the spy, but that answer makes me think that X person is a faggot, and we should pressure that", which IS allowed in real life.

AFTER this game is over, we'll go over what everyone thinks about optional discussion vs PURE questioning, and we'll test it in game 2 which i already have setup btw... I have never seen this game in a forum based version... i'm running this at what i think might be best.
discussion is there so that teamwork can happen . for example imagine that u used up ur question, but it opened up a can of worms on someone, u can then suggest someone else to pressure that point etc. it allows chances also for the spy to interact as part of the group, and get information if they pay attention.
you don't HAVE to discuss, but it's there so that i don't have to mod kill everyone in 30 mins from start.

That being said, if someone has any more questions PM them to me, and if it should be public knowledge about a ruling, i'll update the thread so that the game doesn't constantly get interrupted.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what What said.

for those that didn't get the wording.
1 FORCED/targetted question per player in which the target is FORCED to answer.
in this example, Rosie is forced to answer, while What isn't. Avoid using the color code format after you've used up your ability, until day 2:)

pardon my interruption, but i got asked this "can i ask more than once" question 3 times tonight and it's RIGHT THERE in the rules....

carry on.

What
10-18-2015, 07:28 AM
Pass is not good at this.

Assassin
10-18-2015, 08:49 AM
q@what what type of building do you work in

What
10-18-2015, 11:03 AM
A@Assassin I no longer work in any

Blackmage
10-18-2015, 12:02 PM

One point of banter during questioning is practicing saying something that seems to be relevant to the discussion without saying anything at all. Not that most of us need practice in that category :)

Tinker Tailor Soldier...

Rosie
10-18-2015, 12:56 PM
A@ Pass usually I am the tool

Assassin
10-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Wow blackmage spy much?

Passarelli
10-18-2015, 03:36 PM
Pass is not good at this.

Naw, I knew, but I wasn't expecting this fucknut Mexican mod to be active in the thread. I figured it would be like mafia in that the mod ONLY POSTS WHEN NECESSARY.

Still, no harm in asking more questions while we wait for slowpokes.

Blackmage
10-18-2015, 03:53 PM
Well, we rules gud. "colored red and bolded".

CYBER
10-18-2015, 04:25 PM
Naw, I knew, but I wasn't expecting this fucknut Mexican mod to be active in the thread. I figured it would be like mafia in that the mod ONLY POSTS WHEN NECESSARY.
I'd normally agree about mod posts but.... this is a practice run.
THREE people asked me about the EXACT same shit.
So it's hard to tell who knows or doesn't know the rule.
So, pardon my interruptions, I hate doing them as well... but your action confused other people who wrote me asking "wait, so we CAN ask multiple questions like pass?"
So i had to make a rule publicly known :)

anyway, lol... HERE IS A COMPILED FAQ for all the questions asked to me so far about rulings... feel free to read them:

Ruling explanation for some people that asked about it, which everyone needs to know:

Can we vote during the day? or just at the end?

Voting CAN happen during the day, with "unvote faggot" "vote CYBER", the usual mafia shit.

Is there a night time phase? or just Day and another day etc?

There is no "night time" per se in this game,
but more like a "DUSK" phase, representing "round end".
Basically, when EVERY question is asked, and ANSWERED,
DUSK kicks in (I'm avoiding the use of night so that ppl dnt think it's a no-talk phase).

So what's the point of that round end phase?

Again, during that "DUSK" phase where everyone asked and answered appropriately,
2 events trigger one after the other:
the PRIORITY event is for the spy to GUESS the location,
before the town gets a chance to ban him out.
OR to message me and tell me that they are not taking a guess.
THEN the townies get a chance to COMPLETE their voting of a person or no lynch.
So if they already had wagons up, they can resume wagoning if they want,
and if they had no one voting, well... now you got a time limit, so get to it!
I.E, this phase is to stop all vote-stalling, and commit to a lynch before 24h deadline.

Since voting can happen during the day, what happens if a lynch is made?

IF DURING THE DAY or round,
a CONSENSUS is made (i.e a lynch is made),
The game will be treated as if DUSK happened (i.e round-end intermission).
So if you guessed wrong, it's automatically GG for the spy.

But if that lynch HAPPENS to be the SPY:
then the spy gets ONE CHANCE at guessing the location, a hail mary chance,
(since the game doesn't favor the spy).

If they fail to guess correctly,
the lynch is carried out because,
well, they lost anyway, you know?

Now resume...

Trigger Unhappy
10-18-2015, 05:02 PM
Q@assassin - what's your favorite hobby?

Assassin
10-18-2015, 06:47 PM
a@ trigger building or repairing stuff

SCRIBBLE
10-18-2015, 06:55 PM
OK, I am back. Was camping, fun stuff. Let me catch up and I'll figure out what to do.

StarsMine
10-18-2015, 09:29 PM

Tinker Tailor Soldier...
I have to agree with Rosie, spy as fuck

A@Blackmage Either blank artillery fire or running cadences

SCRIBBLE
10-18-2015, 10:23 PM
Q@Blackmage What do you wear on Casual Friday?

Blackmage
10-18-2015, 10:47 PM
A@Scribble: I don't get a casual Friday

StarsMine
10-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Q@Blackmage: What sort of tools do you use for your work?

Blackmage
10-18-2015, 11:02 PM
A@Stars: My computer is my main tool.

Passarelli
10-18-2015, 11:51 PM
Vote Scribble

What
10-19-2015, 12:20 AM
Q@BM What do you think of the food here?

Blackmage
10-19-2015, 01:48 AM
A@What I have had better

Blackmage
10-19-2015, 02:21 AM
Well, since you chose to mostly ask me questions, I have very little to go on. As such, I have no choice but to Vote No Lynch

Passarelli
10-19-2015, 02:36 AM
I just want to say, you are allowed to lie on the answers. Many of you gave away far, far to much.

What
10-19-2015, 07:39 AM
Well its either blackmage or trigger.

StarsMine
10-19-2015, 08:13 AM
I dont think its blackmage anymore

What
10-19-2015, 08:21 AM
BM because his answers have all been generic, Trigger because of his question.

Passarelli
10-19-2015, 09:57 AM
Look at Scribble's question. He is clearly the spy.

Trigger Unhappy
10-19-2015, 10:13 AM
q@what what type of building do you work in

I asked my question because of this.

What
10-19-2015, 10:28 AM
I asked my question because of this.

That makes even less sense.

Pass, I see Scribble's question as too foolish to be an unprovoked error, but rather something meant to possibly be a trap. Trigger's question displays a complete ignorance of the type of information that would useful to us, therefore that makes me think he is the spy. BM's answers do not indicate any type of understanding of our location either, and his shoes answer does not seem correct. Its a pick'em between those two I'd say. Trigger has consistently displayed a lack of talent for these types of games which could be throwing me off, but I feel confident that you, myself, Rosie, and Ass and Stars are kosher, Leaving Scrib, BM and Trig. I don't have a strong feel for Scrib, as it could easily have been a trap, so between BM and Trig, really it all depends on how terrible Trigger is, if he isn't as awful as I think, then its BM.

Trigger Unhappy
10-19-2015, 10:54 AM
That makes even less sense.

Pass, I see Scribble's question as too foolish to be an unprovoked error, but rather something meant to possibly be a trap. Trigger's question displays a complete ignorance of the type of information that would useful to us, therefore that makes me think he is the spy. BM's answers do not indicate any type of understanding of our location either, and his shoes answer does not seem correct. Its a pick'em between those two I'd say. Trigger has consistently displayed a lack of talent for these types of games which could be throwing me off, but I feel confident that you, myself, Rosie, and Ass and Stars are kosher, Leaving Scrib, BM and Trig. I don't have a strong feel for Scrib, as it could easily have been a trap, so between BM and Trig, really it all depends on how terrible Trigger is, if he isn't as awful as I think, then its BM.

Get your prejudice in check and really look back at our mafia games. I had one bad game where town still won. I have been effective in those games and have been mvp a couple of times. This is my first time playing this game and before you assert that my question is useless maybe you should do some research. I looked up our location and looked up effective questions that had been asked before. This was one of those in the list. Just because you don't understand why I asked it, doesn't mean there wasn't a reason.

Trigger Unhappy
10-19-2015, 11:13 AM
I don't think its BM and I'm surprised you do based on his answers.
Feel free to ask me a question.

Assassin
10-19-2015, 11:20 AM
I just want to say, you are allowed to lie on the answers. Many of you gave away far, far to much.

Normally I would agree with you, but the trick is at is always has been, giving enough information to prove you aren't a spy (mafia) without giving too much away. Also with this being a 3 round limit, I really don't think most of us gave away too much.

Trigger Unhappy
10-19-2015, 11:21 AM
1 person did...

StarsMine
10-19-2015, 12:04 PM
BM shoe answer is really wonky, the rest were fine. I have to agree with what, Hobby is a damn useless question

Trigger Unhappy
10-19-2015, 01:41 PM
BM shoe answer is really wonky, the rest were fine. I have to agree with what, Hobby is a damn useless question

Again, learning, but did research. Plus I think Assassin's answer clears him from suspicion.

- - - Updated - - -

The best questions:
- are subtle and innocent
- do not give away clues to the spy
- allow the target to provide a subtle and innocent answer
- allow the target to answer without giving clues to the spy
- make it hard for the spy to answer without raising suspicion

I did this just fine- Had Assassin not given a hint to his role that made sense in the context of the location we could have looked at him as a spy. He provided a response that gave almost zero information to the Spy. If anything I think my question and his answer fit the purpose of this game perfectly.

Either way, if you think I'm spy because of my question, ask me a question of your own.

Blackmage
10-19-2015, 02:00 PM
Answers are also more telling than questions. The fact that three people didn't even have questions asked of them leads me to suggest the following: you should either vote for me or no lynch. I'm the only one you really have information on, so other than that, you're assuming you understand their role from at most a single question and answer.

Trigger Unhappy
10-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Have all questions been asked and answered? I think that ends the day phase right? Vote No lynch

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and my 3 FOS are Scribble, What and Pass.

Assassin
10-19-2015, 03:59 PM
vote no lynch

FOS BM heavily though. Rest haven't answered any questions or done much for me to think anything.

CYBER
10-19-2015, 04:33 PM
Sorry I was at work:
DAY 1 ENDED.
SPY PASSES ON GUESSING.
Town has 24 hours to reach a verdict of voting for someone, or vote No Lynch.

Current votes:
Vote No lynch [3/5]: Blackmage, Trigger, Assassin
Vote scribble [1/5]: Passerelli.

List of questions asked will be updated in the FIRST post, so check that out if needed.

Passarelli
10-19-2015, 06:57 PM
I still feel Scribble is the most suspicious , but I doubt I can convince enough people to go for him.

Right now I feel that the following have cleared themselves:
Rosie
Stars
Blackmage

In addition, I am less suspicious of Assassin and What.

This leaves Trigger as the only other I'd be willing to vote on, since we have no information on him either way.

Day 2 I think we should push those two (and myself, since I wasn't asked anything) as well as a follow up for Assassin and What.

Rosie
10-19-2015, 07:03 PM
NoLynch

BM your shoe answer is killing me. The rest I can deal with.

We do not have enough info on people. We actually played into the spy's hand.

I would suggest that we each ask something of each other, in a ordered way. Switch from Alphabetical to numerical in our order, Where Assasin is #1 and What is #8.
Then (1,8)-(2,7)-(3,6)-(4,5)- ask questions of each other, well prepared questions! Just my 2 cents.

We only have 3 days, no need to rush and end the game, lets just play it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote No Lynch

Assassin
10-19-2015, 08:31 PM
NoLynch

BM your shoe answer is killing me. The rest I can deal with.

We do not have enough info on people. We actually played into the spy's hand.

I would suggest that we each ask something of each other, in a ordered way. Switch from Alphabetical to numerical in our order, Where Assasin is #1 and What is #8.
Then (1,8)-(2,7)-(3,6)-(4,5)- ask questions of each other, well prepared questions! Just my 2 cents.

We only have 3 days, no need to rush and end the game, lets just play it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote No Lynch

Problem with that is as bm and pass pointed out we are "supposed to lie" so beat laid plans and all that

StarsMine
10-19-2015, 08:37 PM
A forced answer should not be a lie, thats stupid. You dont get the spy off our back, you get the group suspicious of you. The shoe answer is straight bullshit. Its not like the spy doesnt know that either, so he still got his information if it isnt BM.
Vote BM

Passarelli
10-19-2015, 09:34 PM
Stars, it depends if the truthful answer reveals too much. Don't fall for Scribbles ploy. BMs other question clears him. The main reason I'm going for Scribble this hard is because he feels differently, and he isn't cleared.

His first answer wasn't even that bad if you know a little about where we are. It hid the location well and wasn't a lie depending on his role.

SCRIBBLE
10-19-2015, 09:51 PM
Yeah, BM's answer to my question in conjunction with the others cleared him in my book. Shoe thing was strange, he may have caught on to the basic idea and just biding his time to get more info tomorrow before he claims. That is onl yif he is the spy, of course.

Not sure what I have done to be scummy, but I have no way of clearing myself at the moment, no one asked me questions.

NO LYNCH

- - - Updated - - -

Is that the right color? My cell is in B&W mode right now, the shade looks off.

StarsMine
10-19-2015, 10:21 PM
Stars, it depends if the truthful answer reveals too much. Don't fall for Scribbles ploy. BMs other question clears him. The main reason I'm going for Scribble this hard is because he feels differently, and he isn't cleared.

His first answer wasn't even that bad if you know a little about where we are. It hid the location well and wasn't a lie depending on his role.

The shoes was his first answer

- - - Updated - - -

no lynch
Ill change to this for now, but I dont think I want to put the game off tomorrow, 2 days of questions will be quite a bit to guess off of. let alone 3.

SCRIBBLE
10-20-2015, 12:15 AM
no lynch

- - - Updated - - -

... That was all caps.

What
10-20-2015, 12:30 AM
Vote Trigger

His FOS are all terrible. Pass is cleared, I am throwing myself in there as well you can all do what you want with that, and I dont suspect Scrib for better or for worse.

Trigger's question was pure garbage, way too vanilla. He is awful at these games and I think this shows it again.

Passarelli
10-20-2015, 03:51 AM
Well, I guess it's better to narrow it down than to not Lynch anyone. This way we can focus on the few remaining suspects.

What, the only reason I still suspect you is trig's shitty question didn't clear you, and someone who answered before you is a retard. I wish you would have answered my question when I asked it.

You are right that Scribble's question could be a trap, but with everyone else's questions and answers, I don't trust it.

unvote
vote trigger

Rosie
10-20-2015, 04:21 AM
If we guess wrong that's end game. It doesn't lynch the person and we move on. 1 mislynch and spy wins, is how I think the game goes

CYBER
10-20-2015, 04:56 AM
Current votes:
Vote No lynch [4/5]: Blackmage, Trigger, Assassin, Rosie
Vote trigger [1/5]: Passerelli, What.

Scribble and starts wrote "no lynch", but since I don't want people going ape-shit if I accepted those instead of "VOTE no lynch", i'm putting a note here so that everyoen's made aware to avoid mod counting error.
Otherwise, if i counted them, the day would have ended, and new line of questioning would have opened.

Do you guys want me to take it on faith as "meh, close enough" and end the day? or stick to exact format and ignore those 2 votes, just in case it was intentional?

SCRIBBLE
10-20-2015, 04:56 AM
If we guess wrong that's end game. It doesn't lynch the person and we move on. 1 mislynch and spy wins, is how I think the game goes

That was my understanding as well.

What
10-20-2015, 05:59 AM
Pass, I don't need to answer your question to know the answer to why you asked it.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't see that a mis-lynch ends the game, still I think the people its narrowed down to is a good bet. A couple people feel that BM is cleared, which I'll accept though I don't agree.

People -
What - Cleared
Rosie - Cleared
Scrib - Not cleared
BM - People think is cleared
Trigg - Not Cleared
Ass - Cleared
Stars - Cleared
Pass - Cleared

From that only viable options are Scrib, Trigg, and Bm. People don't want to lynch BM, fine. That leaves Scribb and Trigg. Either Scrib is dicking around and made a major faux pas as the spy, or it was a trap. Trigg has been a flaming pile of terrible.

Some people provided too much info in their answers, and I feel that unless that improves, it will not take much for the spy to figure this shit out. I still feel that Trigg is the best and most viable option.

What
10-20-2015, 06:35 AM
And trigger, the problem with your question is that it could be asked of literrally any location at anytime, and moreover, regardless of the character someone has to play, they could literally answer anything they wanted. I could be a pirate on Mars and say my hobby is whittling. It gives no information to anyone. What a hobby is, is subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

And to Cyber, its up to you man, but I'm in favor of making them vote right. After all, no consensus after 24 hours is just a no lynch anyways right?

Passarelli
10-20-2015, 08:00 AM
So I missed the part where town loses on any mis Lynch.

Cyber, since the rules are ambiguous, the spy wins as soon as he guesses correctly? Can he guess before the day ends? Can town Lynch before the day ends?

If the spy wins as soon as he guesses correctly and if town can't Lynch until after the guess, we need to be deathly careful not to reveal any more information as to where our location is while still trying to full clear 3 people, or we can go for it now.

What, reread BMs posts. You should spot why I think he is cleared.

Trigger Unhappy
10-20-2015, 09:39 AM
And trigger, the problem with your question is that it could be asked of literrally any location at anytime, and moreover, regardless of the character someone has to play, they could literally answer anything they wanted. I could be a pirate on Mars and say my hobby is whittling. It gives no information to anyone. What a hobby is, is subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

And to Cyber, its up to you man, but I'm in favor of making them vote right. After all, no consensus after 24 hours is just a no lynch anyways right?

You are failing to understand the purpose of the question. By leaving it open and unspecific you allow the person that was asked the question to give an inventive answer that gives everyone except the spy information. If your answer is "whittling" you are retarded because you are not helping anyone with that. In this case you are completely wrong. You can ask any question in these games that allows for a clever answer. The fault is on the person answering the question if they give you a bullshit response. Assassin's response to my question shows its validity. He played it correctly and I consider him cleared for it.

Also why are you pushing a lynch on me day 1? You have zero information about me and I have answered 0 questions. You are helping the spy by doing this. We lose if we mis lynch dumbass.

What
10-20-2015, 10:44 AM
Few problems trigger. Yes the inventive answer thing is obvious, but not something to bank on.

Problem 1: You said you asked this question because it was on a list specifically for this location

Problem 2: You said you asked it in response to Assassin

Can't be both, and a general question to get an inventive answer is another reason still for you supposedly asking this question, and it negates both your previous reasons.

I did a quick search for such a list of questions based on the location and did not come up with anything, not saying its not out there, but seems like an unlikely reason.
There was a reason in the mafia game that everyone thought you were scum Trigger, you don't play these games well and do everything you shouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

And, several players have cleared themselves, meaning the options are not very big. It boils down to someone having been very lucky with the guess or its either you or scrib. Also, encouraging people to vote for you Trig in no way "Helps the spy" as you said, that literally makes no sense. Yes a mislynch is game over, but reasoning who should be lynched cant give any information to aid the spy, this seems like a scare tactic.

Trigger Unhappy
10-20-2015, 10:50 AM
How about we agree to disagree and move on.

I asked the question because i found it on the list.

I asked the question to Assassin because of his question.

It can be both. Ask me a question. I'll answer it even though you have used your forced questions. I've been trying to get you to ask something of me so i can clear myself. You starting a wagon does help the spy. putting an FOS is something else entirely.

What
10-20-2015, 11:03 AM
It can only be two people at this point, you or Scribble and the fact that you havent even tossed something his way is alarming. It shows you have no idea as to why that is the case, or that you are in complete defensive mode.

Here is a question for you. Do you wear anything around your neck?

SCRIBBLE
10-20-2015, 11:27 AM
Stop giving Trigger all of the attention, I want some too.

Me, me, me, me, me!!!!

Trigger Unhappy
10-20-2015, 11:31 AM
A@what; yes I do. I don't know why I got tagged for what's game of "who should I annoy"

What
10-20-2015, 12:12 PM
If you were not so much AIDS i wouldnt be on you, you are without a doubt, pure, unbridled, Nemesis-level AIDS.

And Scribble, sure if you want attention, I got a question for you, Why are you so gay?

Rosie
10-20-2015, 01:11 PM
I say you count the votes and move on Cyber!!!

Trigger Unhappy
10-20-2015, 01:13 PM
If you were not so much AIDS i wouldnt be on you, you are without a doubt, pure, unbridled, Nemesis-level AIDS.

And Scribble, sure if you want attention, I got a question for you, Why are you so gay?

Take a step back and calm down. We disagree, but you don't need to take it that far. It's a game, get your shit in perspective.

Rosie
10-20-2015, 02:52 PM
Perhaps What is taking his role more serious than the rest of us. He may be trying out for biggest jackass since Nem hasn't been around?

Nemesis
10-20-2015, 04:14 PM
Perhaps What is taking his role more serious than the rest of us. He may be trying out for biggest jackass since Nem hasn't been around?

I'm always around, Nigger-lips.

Assassin
10-20-2015, 04:36 PM
Way to say his name three times while looking in a mirror at midnight on a full moon..fools.

CYBER
10-20-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm always around, Nigger-lips.
Out. Now.

So I missed the part where town loses on any mis Lynch.

Cyber, since the rules are ambiguous, the spy wins as soon as he guesses correctly? Can he guess before the day ends? Can town Lynch before the day ends?

If the spy wins as soon as he guesses correctly and if town can't Lynch until after the guess, we need to be deathly careful not to reveal any more information as to where our location is while still trying to full clear 3 people, or we can go for it now.

What, reread BMs posts. You should spot why I think he is cleared.

I posted a faq that SPECIFICALLY answers this question right after your "that mexican mod interruption" comment.
But if you want me to rehash it for everone:
THE SPY wins as soon as he guesses correctly. Yes.
He CAN guess before the day ends, but there is no point, because the only way the day ends is when all questions are asked and answered OR when town REACHES MAJORITY on voting someone. Because voting during the questioning IS a thing.
When town REACHES MAJORITY (we call it lynch in mafia), before that person is killed off which ends the game no matter the outcome, the spy has ONE CHANCE to guess the location (a hail mary last chance) before the lynch ACTIVATES or pass on it.

So for example, say that I am the spy. And everyone is voting for Steamer. If a lynch is made on steamer, I don't really need to guess the location because everyone was dumb enough to lynch someone else, and that would make me win regardless.
If however, the lynch is directed AT ME, by god I'm taking my hail mary chance in guessing the location, because the game's over for me regardless. Because as soon as i guess, or pass, the lynch WILL proc , and I'll be dead, and i'll lose the game , UNLESS my guess is right.

THAT IS WHY THIS GAME is not meant to last weeks, and it's meant so that it teaches some people how to share information without giving away too much... to make our mafia games better. Usually these games do not favor the spy as he can be trapped very easily with hard questions and no candidate locations list (in my games), so that's why he gets a hail mary chance to guess or pass, before ANY lynch takes into effect.

I am enforcing the fucking "Vote no lynch" format with bold and yellow. What shade of yellow you use isn't the end of the world, in case someone is color blind or on a b/w phone like scrib, the point is me being able to tell if it's a vote or not FOR SURE, and not some gambit by someone.
So i'm ignoring those 2 votes.

THAT BEING SAID, time's up.24 hours have passed.
The mod choses that NO LYNCH takes effect based on majority this time,

DAY 2 STARTS.
EVERYONE gets refreshed questions. Use them wisely.

Assassin
10-20-2015, 08:33 PM
q@scribble how often do you work

Passarelli
10-20-2015, 11:45 PM
I'm at a loss to come up with a good question that won't reveal to much in an answer right now, so I'm gonna sleep on it.

What
10-21-2015, 12:06 AM
I'm just being logical, if everyone feels the BM is cleared, and its not Trigg, then is must be Scrib

Therefore Q@Scribble Why are you so gay?

SCRIBBLE
10-21-2015, 12:23 AM
A@What the same reason you are allowed to ask that question

A@Ass I'm on call 24/7

What
10-21-2015, 01:50 AM
Well, Scribs is good, Trigg is good. I'm going back to BM, need to review what Rosie and ass said that made me want to clear them,

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I feel good with Rosie and Ass. So yeah, I'm back to BM. Only other possibility is i misread Pass, but i don't think so.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote Blackmage

Blackmage
10-21-2015, 02:00 AM
Q@Pass Will you ever meet the highest ranking person in your hierarchy?

Passarelli
10-21-2015, 04:09 AM
a@blackmage highly unlikely, but possible. It also depends on what you mean by highest.

q@blackmage how big are your balls that you think you can fool us?

Couldn't come up with a good question, so I'll just go with this. Don't want to hold up the day.

vote blackmage

What
10-21-2015, 06:49 AM
If people want to ask questions, I think only myself, Pass and BM would be viable at this point.

Assassin
10-21-2015, 08:30 AM
vote blackmage

Trigger Unhappy
10-21-2015, 08:35 AM
Q@blackmage - when you go outside, is it hard to see other people?

- - - Updated - - -

q@blackmage - when you go outside, is it hard to see other people

Passarelli
10-21-2015, 06:07 PM
Stop wasting more questions on blackmage. Wait till he answers these.

StarsMine
10-21-2015, 07:11 PM
Wow pass answer to that hierarchy question is weird. Should be clear who he meant.
Im confused why is trigger safe?

Q@trigger Do you expect to stay in the same area in your future?

Blackmage
10-21-2015, 08:22 PM
A@Pass You're fooling yourself if you don't believe it, you're kidding yourself if you don't believe it. And we've got the biggest, balls of them all.

A@Trig At times I go outside, I'm escorted, so I see people, yes.

Passarelli
10-21-2015, 08:34 PM
BM is the spy.

Trigger Unhappy
10-21-2015, 08:53 PM
Wow pass answer to that hierarchy question is weird. Should be clear who he meant.
Im confused why is trigger safe?

Q@trigger Do you expect to stay in the same area in your future?

A@Stars No I don't. I'll go where I'm needed.

Assassin
10-21-2015, 08:55 PM
Yeah clearly bm is the spy. Like ive said all along

StarsMine
10-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Vote blackmage
Ok

Passarelli
10-21-2015, 09:04 PM
Hurry and vote him so he doesn't get a guess.

StarsMine
10-21-2015, 09:05 PM
Fuck you pass and your not knowing who your damn boss is.

Blackmage
10-21-2015, 09:17 PM
Since voting can happen during the day, what happens if a lynch is made?

IF DURING THE DAY or round,
a CONSENSUS is made (i.e a lynch is made),
The game will be treated as if DUSK happened (i.e round-end intermission).
So if you guessed wrong, it's automatically GG for the spy.

But if that lynch HAPPENS to be the SPY:
then the spy gets ONE CHANCE at guessing the location, a hail mary chance,
(since the game doesn't favor the spy).

So, the only person voting fast can help is... The spy. Good call Pass Vote Pass

Passarelli
10-21-2015, 09:30 PM
Blackmage, my question to you had a correct answer. I was looking for something specific, which you didn't know because you are the spy. Everyone else surely knows what I was looking for. As well as you pick up on shit like that, you would have caught it.

Voting you before you can correctly guess is how we win.

StarsMine
10-21-2015, 09:33 PM
wtf was the right answer? (dont say till after the game obv) cause I dont fucking know.

Blackmage
10-21-2015, 09:38 PM
If it's a lie, he'll have no answer till after the game anyway.

Trigger Unhappy
10-21-2015, 09:44 PM
I think I know what you were looking for Pass, and if so I understand your vote.

Passarelli
10-21-2015, 09:55 PM
It really wasn't that difficult.

Blackmage
10-21-2015, 10:16 PM
Votes, * means asked question already
BM* - Pass
Stars* - BM
What* - BM
Pass* - BM
Ass* - BM
Rosie
Trig*
Scrib

Trigger Unhappy
10-21-2015, 10:32 PM
Vote Blackmage

Blackmage
10-21-2015, 10:33 PM
@GUESS: The location is a Military Base

Passarelli
10-21-2015, 10:37 PM
Too late.

CYBER
10-21-2015, 10:47 PM
Too late.

NOPE.
GG. Blackmage the SPY wins game #001 as the location was at the <Military Base>.

Read the damn note I made, I said it OVER AND OVER again.
When you guys decide on who to vote, the spy gets a chance to guess the location...

hell even BM quoted it for u a few posts back.

The whole point of the "spy gets to guess first" is because the game doesn't favor the spy at all as the townies can keep on extending days until they trapped the spy, so this is the known real life rule of "giving the spy a chance to guess" in order to severely punish any slip ups.

The biggest slip up that gave away the game was starsmine's first answer. That literally gave away the hardest part for BM. If starsmine wouldn't have answered so poorly, BM would have been clueless and on the fence the ENTIRE game, and thus why the game doesn't favor the spy, but stupidity does.

lol

(Discuss this game while i set up the sign up thread for Game 2)

EDIT: This game was a good PRACTICE RUN, but i will be tweaking the rules for hte next game just because some loopholes were pointed out by me, and the second stars gave away the location, it was the SPY's game, but had stars not done that, BM was in shit all game.... so it's hard to balance around that one game, but i know for a fact i'm tweaking a couple things based on some research i made.

Blackmage
10-21-2015, 11:04 PM
Rosie: Very nice question to start.

Stars: Would have gone with "the sounds of orders" or something. All of my answers got better after you gave me that much.

Pass: The head of the military in the US is the president.

Mainly didn't guess day 1 because I wasn't sure if it would be slightly different, such as Training camp, or some such nonsense.

Was fun, thanks for trying to clear me, and good job those who caught my blunder at the start. However, be aware that there are outliers. The card game has a "Deserter" who would have given that answer for the first question. I was trying to go for something along the lines of "Civilian Contractor", but anyway, good job keeping the pressure up.

CYBER
10-21-2015, 11:27 PM
Rosie's original question was absolutely gorgeous.
Rosie I'd MVP the shit out of you if it mattered :P

You single handedly asked a great question while also pressuring the spy decently enough until stars slipped, and that's when blackmage was able to answer more appropriately, but still had to struggle with this original answer slip up.

This is why the game could have easily went sideways for BM and it would have ended in like 3 questions in if people knew not to give up too much info, which is the point of this exercise.

ALSO, scribble's question about "what do you wear for casual friday" was CLEARLY a trap. and it would have completely fucked over the spy if he had to answer that question with anything BUT "i dont get any", had stars not slipped before that.

Passarelli
10-21-2015, 11:33 PM
Make sure that ALL of the rules are in one place--the first post. Having to look in 5 places is retarded.

People need to start thinking carefully about their questions and answers. Stars, I really don't know how you didn't see baseball as the correct answer to my question. Put some thought into it.

Cyber, if you take out Star's retarded answer, there is still enough information out there to get the correctly answer, especially with Trigger's last answer. Given, that was from Star's question.

You should put in the spy accusation thing rather then this current system.

CYBER
10-21-2015, 11:37 PM
Make sure that ALL of the rules are in one place--the first post. Having to look in 5 places is retarded.

People need to start thinking carefully about their questions and answers. Stars, I really don't know how you didn't see baseball as the correct answer to my question. Put some thought into it.

Cyber, if you take out Star's retarded answer, there is still enough information out there to get the correctly answer, especially with Trigger's last answer. Given, that was from Star's question.

You should put in the spy accusation thing rather then this current system.

again this was a first run practice and the sign up for game 2 has tweaks that fixes that EXACT issue to solve those voting problems.

And to be fair, i didnt even know the answer for ur ball question... maybe because i'm not 'murrican?

Passarelli
10-21-2015, 11:38 PM
Blackmage, the head of the hierarchy in any single branch is a general. The president is a civilian put in charge of those generals. He is in charge, but not in the hierarchy itself. I knew what you meant, even though you are wrong, hence my answer.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't have baseballs in Mexico?

What
10-21-2015, 11:43 PM
Yeah, good work guys, he was totally cleared by his answers on day 1.............

Passarelli
10-21-2015, 11:51 PM
Tinker Tailor Soldier...

This is what made me think him cleared.

Also, keep in mind on a military base there is support personnel that are civilians. Hell, the PAX is basically a Walmart. People also live on base. He could have been a housewife.

What
10-22-2015, 12:00 AM
His answers gave no real info that would allow him to be cleared. they were just cookie cutter generic.

- - - Updated - - -

And shoes was just wrong

Blackmage
10-22-2015, 12:02 AM
Pass: Actually, what you just said is a problem I see us having, at least short term. People will expect answers that someone else just won't get. I would NOT have come up with baseball. However, would you have accepted American Football? Don't some branches have an annual game on thanksgiving? Also, people will convince themselves they know the "correct" answer, because of personal knowledge, or lack thereof, and based upon background. American Military vs Saudi Military would likely have had some very different answers.

Passarelli
10-22-2015, 03:47 AM
So we were on a military BASE. I knew the spy would have gotten military from Star's answer, so I had to focus on the 2nd half. I asked you about your balls. Wouldn't the logical solution to my question be to simply juxtapose base and ball together for an answer? Unless you've never heard of baseball, I don't see how you wouldn't come up with that, especially knowing and looking for a way to clear yourself. If there isn't a way to clear yourself and the question doesn't clear the person asking, that person is likely the spy.

You need to think laterally for this game. Being linear in thought will just give away the answer much to quickly. Be creative.

Rosie
10-22-2015, 05:29 AM
Damn I fall asleep early one day, and I miss the end. If I didn't ask a god ? I should have been slapped. Off and on I spent 11 years in the military.

- - - Updated - - -

good ?