PDA

View Full Version : SPYFALL Game 002 Sign ups

CYBER
10-21-2015, 11:12 PM
Ok so the first game was a good test run and it gave me a feel of what needed to be changed.

How about this.
This game, apply the following tweaks:

- THIS violet color for Q@name and THIS cyan color for A@name because it was getting confusing with votes when tallying, and that's how it was meant to be had i not fucked up my original post in the game by mafia habits....

- In this game, the first person to confirm in the thread gets to start off the questioning. This will be treated as a CHAIN questioning. Which means that whoever ANSWERS the question, gets to ask the next one. This is in order to give everyone a chance to get a turn at asking and answering depending on how suspicious someone is being.
For example, Cyber asks BM, BM asks What, What asks someone else etc. So basically this will avoid having people afk and not participating, and can be used by town to pressure the SPY to ask questions, or to answer them, depending on how suspicious he is. While also giving the spy chances to ask questions to other people to collect info, while people could FOS someone, NOT vote them.

- NOW, BECAUSE of this new ruling, there's technically, and obviously, no more days anymore, because it's going to be one full line of questioning from start to finish, with side discussions.
So the game will basically end either when a full WEEK is over, or when everyone VOTE END.

The whole issues with the other game is that people wanted to vote during the game instead of during This VOTE END thing will replace ANY and ALL types of voting in the game.
So basically, unless you guys discuss it during the game, the spy is unable to tell who the townies are voting for, and the game will end when the majority VOTES to end it.

THAT'S when the spy gets his 1 shot hail mary chance, and his ONLY chance to guess the location of the game.So the spy can no longer know beforehand, that he's being voted off, unless you fuckers specifically said it, and he might take the risk in passing on guessing, in favor of someone else getting lynched.

IF the spy guesses right, he wins, otherwise, he loses.
OTHERWISE, IF THE SPY writes me saying "I'll pass on guessing" , THEN the townies get 24hours to vote a-la-mafia-style with the same
UNVOTE Y and VOTE Y commands.

This will balance it a bit more so that if the spy is having a hard game, he still gets the chance to guess, but at the same time, the TOWNIES have control of when to end the game and force the spy to guess with ONLY the amount of info he has, rather than to keep on stalling for more info when they feel like they are confirming their doubts.
This will also solve the issue of "but the spy can chose to never guess unless the lynch is one them", by having the spy unable to know if he's playing town, or if town is playing HIM past the guessing phase.
This all depends on your level of discretion, as opposed to a sure fact for the spy.

I had a location in mind, but I'm changing it now because it felt too boring. So sign up while i make the roles and flavor!

Passarelli
10-21-2015, 11:44 PM
I still don't like it. Make it like the actual game where someone can accuse and the game pauses and votes are tallied. You say it doesn't favor the spy, but I feel like you are wrong about that.

What
10-21-2015, 11:49 PM
the chain thing doesnt work if you want to ask one person multiple questions. Just RNG the people and then thats the order people can ask questions, each gets one, and then at the end decide to vote or not.

Blackmage
10-22-2015, 12:28 AM
Can you remove your "vote end"?

CYBER
10-22-2015, 02:58 AM
ok everyone throw me suggestions that you came about from the first game that you wish might be better here so that i can try to see what works best..

Trigger Unhappy
10-22-2015, 09:47 AM
i'll play.

Nemesis
10-22-2015, 10:41 AM
ok everyone throw me suggestions that you came about from the first game that you wish might be better here so that i can try to see what works best..

Have it modded by someone who knows their father.

What
10-22-2015, 11:51 AM
To keep it close to its truest, and i would think most balanced, form, RNG the order of people, ask questions 1 each in that order. Then lets say you have 24 hours of discussion of whether to vote or not which simply starts another round. Also, get creative with the locations, i looked up some info on the game and military base seems like a standard option, as soon as stars mentioned mortars that kind telegraphed that location.

- - - Updated - - -

Also we are not splitting the atom here, i don't think "practice" is necessary for this game which has very few moving parts. Fuck bolding things, color would irrelevant if the order in which people get to ask questions is established.

- - - Updated - - -

Also,, booze and hookers

Nemesis
10-22-2015, 12:03 PM
To keep it close to its truest, and i would think most balanced, form, RNG the order of people, ask questions 1 each in that order. Then lets say you have 24 hours of discussion of whether to vote or not which simply starts another round. Also, get creative with the locations, i looked up some info on the game and military base seems like a standard option, as soon as stars mentioned mortars that kind telegraphed that location.

- - - Updated - - -

Also we are not splitting the atom here, i don't think "practice" is necessary for this game which has very few moving parts. Fuck bolding things, color would irrelevant if the order in which people get to ask questions is established.

- - - Updated - - -

Also,, booze and hookers

I think the practice is for Cyber.

Rosie
10-22-2015, 02:27 PM
I thought 2 questions per day would be better. We would have to have some sort of order though, and a time limit.

Passarelli
10-22-2015, 08:03 PM
What's suggestion would work.

SCRIBBLE
10-22-2015, 08:40 PM
I'm in.

CYBER
10-22-2015, 09:15 PM
WHAT, I had another location in mind at first, but i used the military base a STANDARD location just for training purposes as I didn't want to complicate the plot right off the bat and it would have allowed me to focus on balancing the game, not the roles. This game's location might not be in the standard lists, and will require a harder guess, making the spy's gameplay a little harder.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Ok I NEED PEOPLE TO VOTE ON THIS.

OPTION 1:

I RNG the order of who asks questions, in that order.
A question MUST be answered before the next question occurs?

WHEN ALL the questions are answered, THEN the spy has 24 hours to either GUESS the location or to PASS on it.
ONCE that is done, NOW the townies have 24 hours to discuss whether to VOTE someone, or NO LYNCH.

If a vote happens, that's the game, win or lose.
If a no lynch happens, I RNG THE QUESTION ORDER AGAIN, and we rinse and repeat?

OPTION 2:
One thing that I thought was lacking was the fact that the SPY AND the TOWN feed off asking questions.
In the last game, almost all questions were directed at blackmage, which was lackluster because if stars haven't slipped, then it would have been impossible for the spy to guess every possible location. Which is why the whole "chain questioning thing", which happens in real life, was an option. In which the answerer must ask the next question, so if the spy is being asked too many questions, he gets to have at least the same amount of questions to callback at to balance the information sharing.... And when everyone is satisfied that enough questions have been asked, THEN they can call to end the game, the spy gets 1 guess, then townies get to vote off someone once and for all.

WHICH OPTION DO YOU WANT APPLIED FOR GAME 2?

BONUS POINT TO MAKE THE GAME MORE INTERESTING:
HOW ABOUT that in this game, I will add TWO spies if we have more than 8 people?
Would you like those spies to work as a TEAM where at least one of them has to survive? or work as a freeForAll deathmatch where they have to guess before the other spy does?
This way they can collect information off everyone, and it would force town to not tunnel vision on one suspect but spread out the questions to hit everyone or else the second spy might guess the game. and if a spy dies, the game carries on until the second one dies as well?

Assassin
10-22-2015, 09:33 PM
Option 1 with sidetalking avaialable

SCRIBBLE
10-22-2015, 11:21 PM
Option 1. We could try the two spy thing but that doesn't matter to me. I would be interested in a 2 spy team and also a 2 spy head to head.

What
10-22-2015, 11:39 PM
option 1

- - - Updated - - -

with no side talking until the questions have been all asked and answered

Passarelli
10-23-2015, 02:55 AM
Option 1. Having more people makes the spys game easier, so I'd like to stick to 1, unless town gains a mislynch.

Rosie
10-23-2015, 03:58 AM
Funny, I would say option 2. One from China, and one from Russia or some shit. Where a mislynch doesn't end the game. But a second one would. Assuming that its 8+ people.

Blackmage
10-23-2015, 03:15 PM
I vote for Option 2 and only one spy. In any case, I find the idea of allowing a mislynch to be terrible. I don't see the point in allowing people to play poorly.

CYBER
10-23-2015, 08:57 PM
I vote for Option 2 and only one spy. In any case, I find the idea of allowing a mislynch to be terrible. I don't see the point in allowing people to play poorly.

I did not mean to allow a mislynch, but basically the Town's goal is to eliminate ALL the spies WITHOUT FUCKING UP once.
IF they lynch the correct spy, then they move on to lynch the other spy.
IF they do not lynch the correct spy, town lost, but they go on to the next day not to win, but to basically try to vote off suspects until one spy remains, and THAT spy wins.
It was a suggestion to allow versatility when there's MORE than 10 people, but i guess I can introduce this later on after a few games not now.

That being said, sorry BM, I had more votes for option 1.

SO FOR THIS GAME, option 1 will be applied.
THERE WILL BE A QUESTIONS PHASE, where the RNG'd people ask questions one after the other. THE next question is only asked AFTER the previous one's been ANSWERED (to avoid people waiting and fishing).

DURING the questions phase, NO TALKING IS ALLOWED except to answer the question.

After ALL questions are asked an answered, we enter the GUESSING phase.
At the start of that dusk phase, the spy has the choice of either guessing the location by posting on the thread, OR to write the mod and pass on it. (A certain grace period will allow this, usually 24h).

If the spy passes, we enter the VOTING phase.
During the phase, and ONLY that phase, townies CAN discuss all questions asked, and they will have a grace period to decide on either no lynch, or voting someone out. That time will be extended from 24 hours to 3 days now because it's the only discussion phase now.

When the decision is made, either the game is over, OR we start the day over again, and I RNG NEW QUESTIONS order to follow, to add some randomness.

We good on that?

I'm working on the flavor as we speak. Is this the final count?

Passarelli
10-26-2015, 06:22 PM
For the next game, we should do option 2, but give each player the ability to pause the day once to allow voting. The game would be paused for 24 hrs with people voting someone or voting no lynch. Each person can pause once per day, but doesn't have to vote. This will still be vulnerable to people AFKing. Maybe only being able to direct 1 question per day? With the others able to be answered by everyone?

Sorry, I was not aware the game had started. As soon as I was proded, I came back.