PDA

View Full Version : Donner Party 2: Don Harder

Nemesis
10-27-2015, 11:03 AM
Ok, since Cyber's experiment failed so hard after he did such a good job of trying to blame everyone else, we're going to go back to an old classic.

This game was played by a bunch of noobs and they didn't fuck it up so now we'll add Cyber to the mix and really see what he can ruin.

Welcome to...

The Donner Party

Players: 12

As an added note, I'm going to add some fun objectives for as many people as I can. They won't end the game early or give you in game items, but you will get extra points.

Just a quick rundown on how Cannibals work:

When a Cannibal night-kills someone, they take the body and put it in their larder, resulting in no role/alignment reveal to the town for that kill. The Cannibal who performed the kill learns the role/alignment reveal via their result PM.
If a Cannibal night-kills another Cannibal, they take all of the bodies their target had, learning all the role/alignment information their target knew. This will include their target's night-kill target from that same night, if applicable.
If more than one Cannibal night-kills the same target, they will all learn the target's role/alignment information. They will not learn that their target was killed multiple times.
If two Cannibals night-kill eachother, and are not in turn night-killed by yet another Cannibal, their role/alignment information, and that of all the bodies they possessed, is revealed to the town.
The Cannibal mechanic has no effect on lynches. The role/alignment of the lynchee is always revealed to the town. If a Cannibal is lynched, the role/alignment information of all their bodies is also revealed.

CYBER
10-27-2015, 11:24 AM
sure,
this is sooo exciting, i can barely contain the amount of fucking excitement for the 13-day "we are retards and can't do shit so let's always blame it on the mod because we're black" day 1 in mafia! wooo.

What
10-27-2015, 11:26 AM
Can we use our points to get you to send us nudes?

Nemesis
10-27-2015, 11:29 AM
Can we use our points to get you to send us nudes?

Obviously.

StarsMine
10-27-2015, 06:00 PM
Ill don as hard as I fucking please

SCRIBBLE
10-27-2015, 06:18 PM
Can we vote to keep cyber out of this game?

Blackmage
10-27-2015, 06:24 PM
If I'm needed to fill out the 12, feel free to include me, otherwise I'll just leave myself as a replacement if necessary.

Rapedollar$
10-28-2015, 12:04 AM
where is the option that nem chokes on a dick?

CYBER
10-28-2015, 03:58 AM
no need for an option when it's a given.

Nemesis
10-28-2015, 05:48 AM

Is there an option where your mother doesn't die of cancer? oh, it was terminal? I guess not, no need for a vote then.

Yes Black you can fucking play, at that point we need 1 more.

Or 2 if no one wants Cyber.

Assassin
10-28-2015, 06:32 PM
So....penis?

StarsMine
10-28-2015, 07:05 PM
Is not playing, I could invite him I suppose

Nemesis
10-28-2015, 07:33 PM
Really just waiting on one more, gonna get Blackmage in this here.

Penis シ
10-28-2015, 08:49 PM
I have risen. So how's this shit work?

StarsMine
10-28-2015, 08:55 PM
Jesus, I didnt even ask you yet.

CYBER
10-28-2015, 09:21 PM
I have risen. So how's this shit work?
Penis.

- - - Updated - - -

this is a classic example of mafia flash tutorial.
This is NOT going to be applied fully here since Nem has a variation game with carnivores (which can coexist WITH mafia).

http://mikeburnfire.deviantart.com/art/Mafia-Roles-72597749

Rosie
10-28-2015, 09:21 PM
You aren't the only old time cock lover Stars.

CYBER
10-28-2015, 09:32 PM
That's for a sample of roles. you can find the rest on http://mafiascum.net/

The game is an infinite cycle of DAY/NIGHT, or NIGHT/DAY, depending on which phase the mod choses first.

In day time, it's chatting time. People discuss ideas on who might be the shitfucks trying to get rid of them, more commonly known as Scum, and in this sample game: Carnivores.
You discuss who is suspected of dodging questions, of lying, of breaking logic, or protecting someone who's done the previous, etc. Basically you're scum hunting as town, witch hunting. And at the end of the day phase, the majority of town must chose the most suspicious player and burn them at the stakes.

During the night phase, the "good people" (townies), do NOT talk. Everyone's quiet and supposed to be sleeping.
However the mafia/carnivores are still awake at night, and they can plot privately, usually via STEAM or skype etc, and discuss a plan of action to kill off all town, by chosing 1 person per night. So when they are ready, they pm the mod privately to tell him that they want to kill off X person.

Meanwhile, some town roles have ACTIVE abilities as well such as cops who investigate alliances, doctors who protect, vigilantes who fuck shit up (more often than not) etc.
and they too can pm the mod to activate their night ability and use it on someone etc.
When ALL night actions have been submitted, the mod announces that day 2 started, or day3, etc : Basically the fucking sun rose.

And then announces if any people died throughout the night, with a little ambiguous scene that gives slight information about what happened, but carefully enough to not break the game by accidentally siding with one of the parties.

And then you just rinse and repeat until mafia/carnivores are equal to , or outnumber the townies, since they'll have free reign over night, and have control of the voting majority then, which basically means that town won't be able to do anything about them anymore. In which case, mafia wins.

OR the game ends when ALL scum are eliminated (mafia/carnivores/serial killers third parties/ other third parties that is NOT a survivor) etc.
In which case town wins.

That pretty much sums up the concept of this.
You pay attention to votes, you vote in the correct format, you are NOT ALLOWED TO EDIT ANY POST, AT ALL. Editing a post is grounds to be banned from the game (mod killed)
The more games you play, the more you'll understand.

This game is a bit on the "custom made" side, in which there are some variations on some rules such as the existence of carnivores. Other games won't have the EXACT ruleset, but we will update you when the time comes.

If you have any questions, ask away.

Blackmage
10-28-2015, 10:45 PM
Cyber, I'm not sure if it was just calling them "carnivore" instead of "cannibal", but I got confused reading that.

Penis: Here's the signup post from the first playthrough. It has more clarification on the rules of the custom bits of this game. http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php/12530-The-Donner-Party

Nemesis
10-29-2015, 05:13 AM

What
10-29-2015, 12:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVth_C1zYrw

Lets get this moving already.

Nemesis
10-29-2015, 12:44 PM

Ya if I don't get one more I'll take out a role and start in the morning, so tomorrow either way.

SCRIBBLE
10-29-2015, 03:05 PM
Brett should play, he's been stalking the forums for the past week so I know he has time.

Nemesis
10-29-2015, 03:59 PM
He's more than welcome. Message his black ass.

StarsMine
10-31-2015, 01:13 AM

that song existing still blows my mind.

Not one of diplos best beats unfortunatly.