PDA

View Full Version : just eggs | STEAM_0:1:46885799

I'm a zambi
03-14-2016, 11:28 PM
Reason: highly suspected DDoS attacks
Note:
1. after being banned, the server suffered from another DDoS attack
2. cannot seem to access ftp://zm.ibisgaming.com at this time for demo proof.
3. This ban is based almost entirely on circumstantial evidence, however I was tipped off by El Capitan [Mad Maxx] (someone I trust, a former ZM admin, who's noticed suspicious behavior from this user)
4. El Capitan also tipped off Fearless, who after kicking said user, experienced yet another DDoS attack.
5. During this demo there is a lot of communication between myself, El Capitan and Admin Chat that is not logged by SourceTV.

Player has been banned for a month in the mean time.

The demo has become available. I will mark significant ticks (note: there are only a couple and they are circumstantial):
(on the prior map, sorrento xmas, another DDoS attack occured [another map that eggs is not fond of], we played through atix heli for a bit before switching to potter)
Tick 40,000: Capitan suspects that another DDoS is incoming, since just eggs is a lone zombie and the DDoSer's attacks seem to be based on whenever he's losing or not having fun on a map
Tick 43,000 just eggs expresses frustration
Tick 44,000 DDoS attack
Tick 44,600 DDoS hits me, unable to move for the next few minutes
Tick 50,000 is evidently looking for another server to play on, DDoS
Tick 57,000 RTVs
Tick ~60,000 just eggs is banned for suspected DDoS attacks
After being banned, the attacks seem to stop
Tick ~80,000 DDoS starts up again
Tick 105,000 I leave the game to review the demo, server has died by the time next respawn occurs, no further evidence

If this ban is a mistake, I take full responsibility as banning admin.

StarsMine
03-14-2016, 11:51 PM
You know, if this was him, I question the logic of banning pre investigation. Its not like a ban by itself has ever stoped a DDOS attack. Might have been better off posting it in the admin forum first.

Hoping you have more to offer then just this for clan/zero to look into.

I'm a zambi
03-15-2016, 12:20 AM
Evidence compiled.

SCRIBBLE
03-18-2016, 11:26 AM
We are still waiting on ZERO's input on this. I have unbanned eggs for the time being. Send me a PM or catch me on steam if you take issue with my decision.

SCRIBBLE
03-18-2016, 03:03 PM
Ban request denied, player has been unbanned.

Closed.