PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Mod Server Problem

Jeimuzu
05-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Admins need a way to crash/restart the server for when bugs occur. Earlier today all the vending machines were bouncing everywhere, and a map change wouldn't fix it.

I think Zero disabled gravity change, or I would have been able to use that to restart the server. I blame Internet Badass and Tec for abusing it.

I guess I'll just set the maps to escape maps until someone can restart it, or until 7 tomorrow morning.

JigSaW
05-30-2009, 10:58 PM
I just sent ZERO a txt to look at it.
I think if we gave admins the power to restart the server, it would cause more problems then it would solve.

XxMastagunzxX
05-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Admins need a way to crash/restart the server for when bugs occur. Earlier today all the vending machines were bouncing everywhere, and a map change wouldn't fix it.

I think Zero disabled gravity change, or I would have been able to use that to restart the server. I blame Internet Badass and Tec for abusing it.

I guess I'll just set the maps to escape maps until someone can restart it, or until 7 tomorrow morning.

I fixed the problem by this command.

ma_rcon sv_gravity -1000

It crashes the server so that is how I restarted it. Please do not abuse. I hope this is not a problem using that command in such situations but if you would not like me to then that is fine.

Jeimuzu
05-31-2009, 11:07 PM
Thanks mastagunz, I couldn't figure out the command to do it. I thought it was ma_gravity all -1000, but that didn't work.

And don't worry jigsaw, most of the current admins in the ZM server are pretty decent. I don't think they would be abusing it. But what me and mastagunz tried to do worked for when zero isn't around.