PDA

View Full Version : How to get the Pub Active Again...

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-03-2009, 10:46 PM
I've hardly played on IBIS pub cause i was really never that good to compete with the competition. Now that iv'e gotten a little better i can probably keep up with some of the members in the clan. I would like to see the IBIS pub back up and i got a few suggestions. I did steal from people, sorry. :icon_mrgreen:

1. Make the starting Amount up to like $7,200. This will keep people in the server longer if they can buy money and get better weapons.
2. Make the Pub a 26 player slot. I've been hopping around pubs, 26 seems to be a good amount, not to many and not to little amount of players per team.
3. Make IBIS part of Finalbattlegrounds.com. The server will be posted on the website, with a description of the server details and more people will see it. It will bring in more people and possibly better competition.
4. Add new maps. There's some very good new maps that i could link here and it could attract more people to the server.

Well hopefully i can kick some IBIS asses in the Pub 1 day, so these are suggestions. Anymore would be good to read. :spin:

Jeimuzu
06-03-2009, 11:18 PM
To be honest, I love the pub, more then GG. Just nobody ever on like you mentioned.

Christmas
06-03-2009, 11:55 PM
I would go on the pub if I ever saw people on it.

I don't think I've ever seen human players in the server. What are the peak times for the pub?

ZERO
06-04-2009, 01:14 AM
Do not worry, the pub is getting a big restart when the big computer is up and running. I expect to have everything loaded on it tomorrow. :wtg:

inthebutt
06-04-2009, 06:56 PM
I just checked the PUB a few minutes ago zero, still the same lame bots in there hahaha.

I'm waiting for the PUB to start going again. HURRY ZERO!!!!!!!!

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-04-2009, 09:06 PM
inthebutt is going to get owned.

XxMastagunzxX
06-04-2009, 10:43 PM
inthebutt is going to get owned.

I will own both of you!!!! :assault:

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-04-2009, 11:21 PM
you speak lies masta!

Jeimuzu
06-05-2009, 03:38 AM
Maybe I should start warming up with my scrim buddies.

I LIKE TURTLES
06-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Maybe I should start warming up with my scrim buddies.

Scrim buddies?
Why don't we scrim as well.

weeman2412
06-05-2009, 01:35 PM
oh ye zero.. dont forget to limit or ban awps.. and also imo.. allowing the !bank mod on the server.. would be an excellent idea :D..

inthebutt
06-05-2009, 02:02 PM
oh ye zero.. dont forget to limit or ban awps.. and also imo.. allowing the !bank mod on the server.. would be an excellent idea :D..

NNOOO!!! We gotta have awps it makes it so much better.

Hodgie
06-07-2009, 07:40 PM

-AWP is already limited to 1 per team
-!bank mod is already on the server, although I liked the older version it had better (where you could deposit/withdrawal various amounts as opposed to the current where you only deposit/withdrawal $16,000)... zero said it was making the server crash though

- I agree about the final battlegronds. I think it'd be one of the quicker ways to get the pub going again

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-07-2009, 10:55 PM
-AWP is already limited to 1 per team
-!bank mod is already on the server, although I liked the older version it had better (where you could deposit/withdrawal various amounts as opposed to the current where you only deposit/withdrawal $16,000)... zero said it was making the server crash though

- I agree about the final battlegronds. I think it'd be one of the quicker ways to get the pub going again

Final Battle Grounds! Way cool.

Turtles ill scrim with or against u any day :smirk:

iGhost
06-12-2009, 05:18 PM
If you're having trouble with starting up your pub give it one of the following names "CAL MAP Rotation" this will attract lots of Semi Professional players and "pubstar tryhards" increasing the competitive level.

A name like "Fun Maps" brings in the "noobs" and people who are sick of scrims etc.

Also having it permanently based on a widely played map such as Dust2 or Office over piranesi will attract more players for the first few rounds then it can switch to slightly more extravagent maps.

Set it to 2 awp limit with a vote awp choice, 16k server with a lower time limit something around 3 minutes per round rather than the standard pub time of 7minutes.
100tic on a 20 man server is simply amazing. Take a look at the #sourceinvite and CPL LA servers. they are always packed with players.

Jeimuzu
06-14-2009, 07:17 PM
After playing the Pub for awhile I realized whenever the bots join or a person joins the server it causes a big lag spike. Should look into that.

And yeah, one awp per team isn't that bad, unless I'm the one that has it. Then I feel bad for the other team.