PDA

View Full Version : Admins

tech n9ne
06-05-2009, 01:18 PM
alright guys i know some of you dont like me but i dont give a fuck for the sake of the ibis server you guys need to work to gether instead of fighting constantly even more so in game cuz your showing that we have weak points as a team i know you guys dont care much for smut clan but the reason we dont have these issues its because we know how to work together and address a problem locally between fellwo admins not everyone who joins the server so why dont you guys take a hint because if this shit keeps up it will be the down fall of the ibis servers

weeman2412
06-05-2009, 01:34 PM
i luled when i read this.. one problems are you talking about? disagreement between rules can only be solved by majority or in one fell sweep by ZERO.. please be more clear in ur post.. are you talking about zm, gg, or pubs (lol at pubs) .. if ur clear perhaps more people will join in ur discussion or atleast have a clue what you are talking about..

walterbrunswick
06-05-2009, 01:34 PM
The bold print.

It hurts.

Make it stop :(

XxMastagunzxX
06-05-2009, 02:05 PM
alright guys i know some of you dont like me but i dont give a fuck for the sake of the ibis server you guys need to work to gether instead of fighting constantly even more so in game cuz your showing that we have weak points as a team i know you guys dont care much for smut clan but the reason we dont have these issues its because we know how to work together and address a problem locally between fellwo admins not everyone who joins the server so why dont you guys take a hint because if this shit keeps up it will be the down fall of the ibis servers

Most of us work together fine. The only one being a problem lately is virtus. The only arguing going on the past few days is because of mallissin.

tech n9ne
06-05-2009, 02:51 PM
sorry i wasnt more specific i didnt want to name names but yes virtus is one and when you have multiple admins fighting against one other admin looks bad i was in gg the other day and i had disagreed with something virtus did and it was a gang up on him between me and another admin i thought about it and it makes us look bad wen we do this

virtus
06-05-2009, 03:05 PM
You think?

when i came late night and asked u to change a map u took it as i was taking over and ran to forums to post it.. well i deal with this SHIT EVERY FUCKIN DAY BTW CHELSY and NEM.. Thank god nemesis doesnt have admin anymore.. thats a relief... how u think i feel when everytime chelsy comes in.. says im senior admin go F urself and changed maps to what she wants.. oh yea.. u tell me how to settle this..

-=NYS=- C.O.
06-05-2009, 04:07 PM
There will always be drama. IBIS has been around longer than you think. If you take a look at other servers....the life span is nowhere near the span of IBIS.
We can take constructive criticism from you but thanks, we will be fine. Like always. :wtg:

&&toasties
06-05-2009, 04:23 PM
You think?

when i came late night and asked u to change a map u took it as i was taking over and ran to forums to post it.. well i deal with this SHIT EVERY FUCKIN DAY BTW CHELSY and NEM.. Thank god nemesis doesnt have admin anymore.. thats a relief... how u think i feel when everytime chelsy comes in.. says im senior admin go F urself and changed maps to what she wants.. oh yea.. u tell me how to settle this..

Virtus.

Honestly.

I NEVER CHANGED THE MAPS.

ONLY MAP VOTES.

To prevent BITCHING.

You ARE the only problem admin.

Because YOU'RE the only one who seems to think he can do whatever he wants.

I never said, "I'm senior admin, go fuck yourself."

If you have a demo of this, in your vast collection, I would like to review where I said these specific words.

Now.

Why don't you go have a nice day.

And why you're at it, please grow some balls.

:]]

&&toasties
06-05-2009, 04:24 PM
There will always be drama. IBIS has been around longer than you think. If you take a look at other servers....the life span is nowhere near the span of IBIS.
We can take constructive criticism from you but thanks, we will be fine. Like always. :wtg:

Mhm.

:wtg:

Kavinsky
06-05-2009, 05:18 PM
"alright guys i know some of you dont like me but i dont give a fuck for the sake of the ibis server you guys need to work to gether instead of fighting constantly even more so in game cuz your showing that we have weak points as a team i know you guys dont care much for smut clan but the reason we dont have these issues its because we know how to work together and address a problem locally between fellwo admins not everyone who joins the server so why dont you guys take a hint because if this shit keeps up it will be the down fall of the ibis servers"

FOR MY RESPONSE JUMP AHEAD TO 0:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W81z78d72tM

Mallissin
06-06-2009, 07:19 PM
I think if most of the admins respected the rules, they'd be less drama. Most of the rules were written for that very reason.

If there's a conflict between admins in-game, they should try to keep their cool and take it to the forum while not letting forum arguments come in-game.

I'm sure if a certain admin seems to be misusing one admin feature or another, Zero or Jigsaw can limit their access to it as a response to complaints.

I'm still looking forward to what features the new admin system will bring.

inthebutt
06-06-2009, 10:29 PM
I think if most of the admins respected the rules, they'd be less drama. Most of the rules were written for that very reason.

If there's a conflict between admins in-game, they should try to keep their cool and take it to the forum while not letting forum arguments come in-game.

I'm sure if a certain admin seems to be misusing one admin feature or another, Zero or Jigsaw can limit their access to it as a response to complaints.

I'm still looking forward to what features the new admin system will bring.

hey mallissin why you put up the demo's already?? I've been patiently waiting for them. I'll give you a couple more days to post them up before I rip you a new one.

HOLY has already called you out, and I haven't seen one yes vote yet that you have the demo's.

Stop avoiding/changing the post so that way people can't read the one's about your pathetic lie about the ZM admins abusing there admin.

:violin:

JigSaW
06-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Guys, the bold print means he is serious.
We should take is serious, seriously.

But seriously, ya, ibis has been around before some of yall were even old enough to talk; drama is in ibis's middle name.
Its gotten a bit more heavy recently because of some issues with management (mainly ZERO not being able to be on as much because of his computer issues)

Oh and to clear it up; there is NO SUCH THING AS SENIOR ADMINS. The only thing that could be considered senior admins is clan members.
Anyways, we *ARE* implementing a system that deals with admin rank, for example, there will be admins that get on PROBATION for abusing (less privledges), TRUSTED admins (more privladges) and then SUPER DUPER ADMINS.
Oh and the new system will auto add admins, so that means instant activation....we are working on it! Just be patient!

TheLittlestHobo
06-07-2009, 12:09 AM
http://www.ibisstreetsyndicate.com/motd/tos.html

Read the second rule in the TOS (link provided above). Although, senior admins are not mentioned in TOS, the term is generally accepted to describe as the first admin on the server. It should apply to Pub, ZM, and GG, as it prevents total anarchy over map changes and issues over map changes.

On the ZM server, admins do respect the senior admin concept (in there, they are more lenient as they talk amongst themselves and come to a general consensus to the map selections for the map vote).

I don't goto the GG server often enough to know whether the concept do apply there or not. I've witnessed it the one time when I randomly decided to just spectate the GG server, but that itself cannot be conclusive on my two cents on it.

However, I do like to reinforce the importance of that term, despite being an imaginative term.

P.S. Jigsaw, you still play starcraft/broodwar? I play UMS maps...particularly Helms Deep Annatar.

Christmas
06-07-2009, 01:12 AM
How do you know who is a senior admin based on looking at their tag?

Mallissin
06-07-2009, 03:05 AM
Since the TOS says "First admin", why not just call them that instead of "senior admin"?

Anyway, First admin can be found by looking at the server properties and sorting by time. Longest admin online would be the first admin on.

TheLittlestHobo
06-07-2009, 09:33 AM
I mean why take something that already have been socially accepted in the first place amongst most regulars and admins. Just leave that senior admin term with us.

&&toasties
06-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Guys, the bold print means he is serious.
We should take is serious, seriously.

But seriously, ya, ibis has been around before some of yall were even old enough to talk; drama is in ibis's middle name.
Its gotten a bit more heavy recently because of some issues with management (mainly ZERO not being able to be on as much because of his computer issues)

Oh and to clear it up; there is NO SUCH THING AS SENIOR ADMINS. The only thing that could be considered senior admins is clan members.
Anyways, we *ARE* implementing a system that deals with admin rank, for example, there will be admins that get on PROBATION for abusing (less privledges), TRUSTED admins (more privladges) and then SUPER DUPER ADMINS.
Oh and the new system will auto add admins, so that means instant activation....we are working on it! Just be patient!

Why don't you just remove Virtus' admin already?

It's obvious he's the problem.

All of the other admins are capable of being nice to each other, and respecting eachother.

And if not that, then they tolerate.

He's the ONLY one who has a problem with everyone, and abuses his power.

I used to be cool with him, then he started shit with Nemesis, then tried the same shit on me.

Then goes around telling lies, trying to discredit me, and other admins, to get the attention off of him.

If he was no longer an admin, this "admin problem" would not be here.

That's my 2 cents.

...for now.

Mallissin
06-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Fine, Hobo. FINE! Have your "senior admin". Freakin' GILF lovers.

It's obvious he's the problem.

Virtus seems to be singled out repeatedly but most of the stuff I see in the demos people provide isn't much different from what I see other admins doing. His only crime seems to be not joining one of the admin cliques, which has the advantage of a loyal following of other admins that backed you up when accused.

Loner FTL!

Jeimuzu
06-07-2009, 07:54 PM
I think I was there when Virtus and Toasties were fighting. I was the one who put up a vote to see if people wanted to play the map or not, the answer was no, then I asked virtus if he wanted to play the map still even though a larger majority didn't. Besides, half the people who press 1 for "Yes" were probably just 1 pressers because they don't bother to read or don't care.

Anyways, I tried to stop their arguing multiple times with no success.

But yeah, don't blame toasties for the vote when I was there, that was me. I think you just ignored me though, Virtus..

Drama is in Ibis' middle name? I thought it was Brama.. Someone made the abbreviations wrong.

Christmas
06-07-2009, 09:44 PM
How do you know who is a senior admin based on looking at their tag?

No one will answer my question.

*tear

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Fine, Hobo. FINE! Have your "senior admin". Freakin' GILF lovers.

Virtus seems to be singled out repeatedly but most of the stuff I see in the demos people provide isn't much different from what I see other admins doing. His only crime seems to be not joining one of the admin cliques, which has the advantage of a loyal following of other admins that backed you up when accused.

Loner FTL!

You fall in this same category idiot.

inthebutt
06-07-2009, 11:19 PM

*tear

you can't christmas, but the clan members wear <IBIS> tag. they outrank the regular admins who just wear <ibis.a> tags.

You just don't get to see what the admins talk about on admin only chat. usually this is how the other admins determine who was the first admin on the server.

well that was how I did it when I was admin, before my leave. It always worked for us regular admins on ZM.

Mallissin
06-07-2009, 11:38 PM

*tear

I answered your question.

Anyway, First admin can be found by looking at the server properties and sorting by time. Longest admin online would be the first admin on.

Replace "First admin" with "Senior admin" per Hobo.

Unless things are done differently nowadays, leaving and returning forfeits your "seniority" to handle the map votes.

Christmas
06-07-2009, 11:44 PM
I answered your question.

Replace "First admin" with "Senior admin" per Hobo.

Unless things are done differently nowadays, leaving and returning forfeits your "seniority" to handle the map votes.

If inthebutt hadn't given me a different explanation, I would believe that is a horrible way for players in the game to know who has seniority, but as what has been explained to me that is irrelevant.

TheLittlestHobo
06-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Christmas honey, if you want to find out who is the senior admin, "View Server Info" and sort the list based on time played. Look for people with <ibis.a>. The one that has the most amount of time played is the senior admin =)

Christmas
06-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Christmas honey, if you want to find out who is the senior admin, "View Server Info" and sort the list based on time played. Look for people with <ibis.a>. The one that has the most amount of time played is the senior admin =)

Thanks baby.

XxMastagunzxX
06-08-2009, 02:59 PM
If inthebutt hadn't given me a different explanation, I would believe that is a horrible way for players in the game to know who has seniority, but as what has been explained to me that is irrelevant.

Say you are admin. You come into the server and see james in there. Since he was there first he is senior admin. Then NYS comes in he is automatically senior admin because he is a clan member. Once he leaves james is admin again. Once james leaves you are admin. Get it?

TheLittlestHobo
06-08-2009, 07:29 PM
I can never tell who are the clan members. As posted in other topics, how do I find that out?

inthebutt
06-08-2009, 07:40 PM
I can never tell who are the clan members. As posted in other topics, how do I find that out?

HOBO the clan members have just <IBIS> attached to their names.

From what I remember whytboiz telling me the clan members are:

ZERO
Jigsaw
Deprodigy
NYSCO
Whytboiz
The Beast
Dual

I think I might be missing one person. sorry if I spelled any of your names wrong.

-=NYS=- C.O.
06-08-2009, 07:45 PM
HOBO the clan members have just <IBIS> attached to their names.

From what I remember whytboiz telling me the clan members are:

ZERO
Jigsaw
Deprodigy
NYSCO
Whytboiz
The Beast
Dual

I think I might be missing one person. sorry if I spelled any of your names wrong.

How are you going to forget our great forum moderator ManbearPig ? Shame on you !!! We have others..they are inactive at this present time.

inthebutt
06-08-2009, 08:33 PM
How are you going to forget our great forum moderator ManbearPig ? Shame on you !!! We have others..they are inactive at this present time.

thats who I was missing lol.

See I knew I was missing someone.

He hasn't been on at all, cause if he was he would being having a bitch-fit with the threads right now hahaha.

XxMastagunzxX
06-08-2009, 08:45 PM
thats who I was missing lol.

See I knew I was missing someone.

He hasn't been on at all, cause if he was he would being having a bitch-fit with the threads right now hahaha.

I have never seen him in game.

:icon_surprised:

Hodgie
06-09-2009, 07:43 PM

And you can't forget about Dutch!!

He hated me....

-=NYS=- C.O.
06-10-2009, 06:02 PM
And you can't forget about Dutch!!

He hated me....

He hated everyone. LoL :lmao:

&&toasties
06-14-2009, 01:59 AM
He hated everyone. LoL :lmao:

I'm scared of the possibility of EVER meeting this Dutch guy...

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Hodgie
06-14-2009, 02:57 AM
I'm scared of the possibility of EVER meeting this Dutch guy...

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

He was a pretty good player, but would tear you a new asshole regardless of what you did. He'd yell at you for goin left... then the next round yell at you for goin right. It was entertaining though and he was definitely good at pub.

&&toasties
06-14-2009, 02:29 PM
He was a pretty good player, but would tear you a new asshole regardless of what you did. He'd yell at you for goin left... then the next round yell at you for goin right. It was entertaining though and he was definitely good at pub.

Haha.

I'm sure he was a good player, I've heard many good things.

lolol, why didn't anyone demo this?

It would have been good for shits and giggles.

Jeimuzu
06-14-2009, 07:24 PM
I wanna meet this Dutch guy, he sounds fun. We can be misanthropists together!