PDA

View Full Version : [ADD] gg_revolution

BoozyBreezy
10-18-2017, 10:31 AM
New thread opened, please delete this one.

The Fox
10-18-2017, 10:46 PM
It looks very cool, but a bit big

BoozyBreezy
10-19-2017, 12:12 AM
It looks very cool, but a bit big

2 out of the 6 arenas are pretty big for a GG map, but each round is a different randomly selected arena. There is definitely a large variety in sizes between them all.

This map hasn't been properly beta tested with a large number of people so I have my fingers crossed that the alternating system works properly.

If Ibis could host a beta I would be more than happy to throw a sponsor or an advertisement for the server in the map somewhere.

rawrr
10-19-2017, 06:56 PM
That sounds interesting, and might make a good gg map since it would be like a new map every round. I'm down for this :wtg:

BoozyBreezy
10-19-2017, 07:51 PM
I took it down because I did end up finding an error with the system but should have it fixed shortly!

The Fox
10-20-2017, 09:14 PM
Ok cool, I would love to try out this map it sounds fun, if we could get zero in here to throw it up on the gungame server that would be great, if any problems came up with it we could just change the map as admins and let you know. I for one am for a map with the ibis name in it.

BoozyBreezy
10-22-2017, 03:11 PM
Ahh I meant to post about this last night but got a little too saucy during the notre dame / usc game. So im 99.9% sure I fixed the system to it, just made some simplifications to the process. As it turns out css and the hl2 engine have bugs (who'd have thought?), so I just needed to dumb down the logics of it.

I'm willing to post a beta version of it on here if people want to try it out, but that'll require some amount of trust from the people that download to not post it on other websites or give it to a friend who would do the same.
I'm open to constructive criticism here, also.

My steamid is "paid410" if anybody wants to know more about it.
or if you catch me on the server today, go ahead and add me from there.

Edit/Afterthough:

I don't know how many of you play on surf servers but there's typically a wall of beta testers, server ip's, clan tags er'where.
Hell, I'd even let people post a quote on a wall like a year book.

BoozyBreezy
10-24-2017, 01:30 AM
Here's a quick beta for you guys to try.

and again try not to pass this around or post it somewhere else.

DOWNLOAD (https://mega.nz/#!E3wRUTaY!RGBO9jCQSUxUziSqscGwBx5U0xcE8F85-_fe6rJD1vw)

There are 2 easter eggs so far.
1: opens a new arena for the next around
2: is a surprise but easy to figure out how to unlock it (it's on the bridge arena)

The Fox
10-25-2017, 01:00 AM
The beta is an .exe won't let me get it

BoozyBreezy
10-25-2017, 02:41 AM
Hmm that's odd, I'll upload somewhere else then.

gg_revolution_b1.bsp (https://mega.nz/#!E3wRUTaY!RGBO9jCQSUxUziSqscGwBx5U0xcE8F85-_fe6rJD1vw)

The Fox
10-25-2017, 08:30 PM
It worked well from there the other website said it was infected or something haha

- - - Updated - - -

I think the map is great, just need to add in an ibis on each place, only problem I could see is a few of the maps being a little t big, but overall its great!

BoozyBreezy
10-26-2017, 01:47 AM
I appreciate the feedback, at least somebody has taken an interest and that's good enough for me.
feel free to add me on steam, man.

I agree that the some of the 'arenas' are pretty large for gg, but it could be a great break from the quick rounds.

I have also started on gg_revolution2, which albeit is nowhere near completion, has a completely different system and will be exclusively small maps.
SO.. if you know anybody that make maps and is trying to get something out there, I have no problem trying out their maps and including it.

BoozyBreezy
11-02-2017, 03:45 AM
gg_revolution2 on its way also
in desperate need of a beta test also
DOWNLOAD GG_REVOLUTION2 (https://mega.nz/#!tvwHmYab!q2A84gP8-ooSd3GjW5fEvF-01oi2j1ZWkCgFFrWUpu0)