PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Things Need to Be Done on ZM

TheLittlestHobo
07-05-2009, 01:35 PM
1. The objects here seem to be much easier pushing/flipping. The prior to the server change, the objects were a tad heavier. Because of this, almost all the cades in every map that are common to go to are now nerfed. The zombies can easily push vending machines or bookcases out of the way without much effort. At this point we all have to resort to 'Eth' spots (i.e. Tubes/vents) as a sure way to stay alive to see the next round.

2. The P90 shoots significantly slower than before. And I have felt that P90s are much less accurate than it used to. Also, I couldn't tell if turning on the flashlight improves your accuracy. I tried both ways and they still seem like turning it on won't make much of a difference.

It's frustrating to see that the cades that we've discovered and made are now being nerfed because of the physics here and it is a damn shame to see nub tube campers end up with more kills than me =(. The speed and accuracy of the P90 is something I can adapt to but the properties of the objects is a more important issue in my opinion.

I appreciate it if things can be done about it. I will also PM Zero and Jigsaw.

mastercheff
07-05-2009, 04:25 PM
yea i noticed that stuff to

Kavinsky
07-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Yes me too on highschool yesterday, we got the bookcase up and a 2 couches behind it, and hobo came along, pressed e on it for a sec and it was instantly knocked down and he was in.

JigSaW
07-05-2009, 05:17 PM
I think I found what the problem was. (The physics)

The p90's accuracy is in no way influenced by the server

inthebutt
07-05-2009, 06:44 PM
I think I found what the problem was. (The physics)

The p90's accuracy is in no way influenced by the server

with out the p90 a bunch of us (hobo, james, me, others too) would be helpless.

thats our main weapon lol.

Kavinsky
07-05-2009, 06:45 PM
is it possible to set up a separate cading only server using the current one, and then set up a new escape only one with no rank system and no parachutes?

it seems like everyones begging for escape maps all the time now and the only time I can find a good cading one is late at night, i'd like to play more but these escape maps just ruin our ranks.

๖ReS
07-05-2009, 09:44 PM

P90 PRO FOR LIFE.

*pounds chest, peace sign* REPRESENT.

Christmas
07-05-2009, 10:25 PM
is it possible to set up a separate cading only server using the current one, and then set up a new escape only one with no rank system and no parachutes?

it seems like everyones begging for escape maps all the time now and the only time I can find a good cading one is late at night, i'd like to play more but these escape maps just ruin our ranks.

Like I said before, the ranking system isn't that big of a deal.

Kavinsky
07-05-2009, 11:38 PM
still there was a plan to make a separate cading map only server before, and it seems like every other maps an escape map.

TheLittlestHobo
07-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Thank you Zero for fixing up the objects as they are pretty much on par with the settings prior to the server switch. That was pretty much my main concern.

mastercheff
07-06-2009, 09:27 PM
it would be nice if we got a cading only server for the cading fanatics but i guess we'll have to savior teh kills whenever we can get on a cade map

Kavinsky
07-06-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm out, CS:S just isn't any fun anymore, see ya around.

Christmas
07-06-2009, 11:37 PM
I'm out, CS:S just isn't any fun anymore, see ya around.

Ummm, bye?

Jeimuzu
07-07-2009, 08:42 AM
I've noticed the P90 shoots slower as well, and I came to the conclusion that it is because of the tick of the server.

As for created two separate servers, one dedicated to cading, the other to escape.. Sounds like a great idea.

In the past 4 days, I haven't once been able to join the server without it being an escape map. Even if I stay and kill everyone who's a human, they still don't want to change the map..

Doesn't the old zombie mod server work still? Why not turn that into an escape map server?

TheLittlestHobo
07-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Oh i have a great idea. Perhaps we scrap the RPG and replace it with a non-ranked zombies escape server! And move all the escape maps from the ZM server to the once-RPG server.

Sorry, lol. But I really dislike the RPG server...more and more exploits are being discovered. I've had people tell me new things on how to make themselves unbeatable.

But ya. Non-ranked escape maps instead of an RPG. It can actually have us regulars take a break from cading maps and switch over. I think it would be a great idea to have two separate servers because this issue has been brought up in the past (too lazy to dig up forums and it has been mentioned ingame also).

What do you guys think?

Christmas
07-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Oh i have a great idea. Perhaps we scrap the RPG and replace it with a non-ranked zombies escape server! And move all the escape maps from the ZM server to the once-RPG server.

Sorry, lol. But I really dislike the RPG server...more and more exploits are being discovered. I've had people tell me new things on how to make themselves unbeatable.

But ya. Non-ranked escape maps instead of an RPG. It can actually have us regulars take a break from cading maps and switch over. I think it would be a great idea to have two separate servers because this issue has been brought up in the past (too lazy to dig up forums and it has been mentioned ingame also).

What do you guys think?

I would support this actually.

Jeimuzu
07-10-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm pretty sure we would all support it. To be honest, I would love it.

The RPG Mod has become a mess. It was fun when it started until sizzle exploited long jump. After the stats were reset and new powers were added, it just went down hill even more.

Kavinsky
07-14-2009, 02:17 AM
I'd go along with that, it would divert all the little fucking kids who beg for escape maps all the fucking time to the other server and would probably remove a good portion of the cade breaking noob fuckers as well.

I am glad to see that the cade physics have been fixed now, the whole zombie gets stuck into the cade and easily flips it over thing now has been delt with thankfully, although I think i'll stick to coming on when the kids are in bed since the motherfucking mute feature is never going to work here it seems and most of the aforementioned cade breakers are on during the daytime.

and by the way curdy and mastaguns, I am going to get il2 46' off of steam tommorow, I just need to put some money in my account.

XxMastagunzxX
07-14-2009, 06:09 AM
I'd go along with that, it would divert all the little fucking kids who beg for escape maps all the fucking time to the other server and would probably remove a good portion of the cade breaking noob fuckers as well.

I am glad to see that the cade physics have been fixed now, the whole zombie gets stuck into the cade and easily flips it over thing now has been delt with thankfully, although I think i'll stick to coming on when the kids are in bed since the motherfucking mute feature is never going to work here it seems and most of the aforementioned cade breakers are on during the daytime.

and by the way curdy and mastaguns, I am going to get il2 46' off of steam tommorow, I just need to put some money in my account.

:wtg: prepare to be owned! Haha yeah right I suck at that game. :assault:

Christmas
07-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Kavinsky, if someone is breaking your cade, tell an admin.

I don't think I've seen you try that once when I've played with you.

Kavinsky
07-14-2009, 01:04 PM
I usually just hit the spectate button when they do that and wait for them to get tagged, its sort of a self fulfilling revenge

I think I only pm'd getcha about it once, and besides onces it done its done, and I'd probably be zombiefied when I do get around to typing blank such and so broke my cade, ban him!

and did I mention I REALLY HATE KIDS WITH MICS?

Paper
07-14-2009, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't mind getting rid of some noobs by making an escape map only unranked server to keep them occupied, but I don't think we should remove the escape maps from the current server entirely, an escape map now and again is a refreshing change to the sit in one place and shoot pattern of cade maps.

But really, I think we definitely need to cut down on them a good bit.

Btw, an escape map server would be a prime target for griefers of all kinds, just something for the admins to think about.

Christmas
07-14-2009, 02:15 PM
I usually just hit the spectate button when they do that and wait for them to get tagged, its sort of a self fulfilling revenge

I think I only pm'd getcha about it once, and besides onces it done its done, and I'd probably be zombiefied when I do get around to typing blank such and so broke my cade, ban him!

and did I mention I REALLY HATE KIDS WITH MICS?

If you don't let anyone know about cade breakers then they will STAY in the server and CONTINUE to fuck shit up.

If you think it is pointless, then I don't see why you would go to a ZM server in the first place. There is going to be cade-breaking every once in awhile. It isn't something you can eradicate.

Pink
07-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Making two differnt servers, I dont like, it will ruin IBIS I think. There wont be enuff people to play escapes or there wont be enuff people to play a good game of cade. I like things the way there are.

Christmas
07-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Making two differnt servers, I dont like, it will ruin IBIS I think. There wont be enuff people to play escapes or there wont be enuff people to play a good game of cade. I like things the way there are.

It will probably bring more people in because there will be a larger variety and more people will see IBIS on the server lists.

&&toasties
07-14-2009, 07:05 PM

Mine too!

I'd hate to have to cheat on my baby.

;_;

Christmas
07-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Mine too!

I'd hate to have to cheat on my baby.

;_;

YOUR WHAT?!?

http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/blahdocs/uploads//evil_monkey_301_2125.gif

&&toasties
07-14-2009, 08:20 PM
your what?!?

....>>

....<<

mastercheff
07-14-2009, 08:20 PM
well kavinsky don't be a quiter but we should make the new server the escape map server because of the uber tick then the old server cade

Jeimuzu
07-14-2009, 09:35 PM

You are mistaken, the ZM server is usually always full, with more people trying to get in. And half the regulars don't play when it's an escape map, so there's even more people. And it doesn't have to be 41 slots either, because it really kind of is too much, and you can't see all the players.

Having 2 zm servers, one dedicated to escape, and the other cade is a great idea, and I really hope Zero considers it.

However, I don't think we should leave very many escape maps, if any at all on the cade server.

Kavinsky
07-15-2009, 12:02 AM
I am not a quiter, I'm just saying that calling out every cade breaker with no mic is pointless, unless I personally pm the admin whos on at that time, and besides if they fuck it up enough times someone else will report them for me.

and yes I know that once in awhile there is going to be some dumbass who breaks it when its set up already, specifically in the vending machine room of 4 corners, it just seems like theres alot on in the middle of the day now.

and I think that we should keep some of the less popular semi escape/semi cading maps on the cading server, but move all of those that they keeping begging for to the other server so the cading server isn't stuck on an escape like mines of fail for an hour.

Christmas
07-15-2009, 02:03 AM
I am not a quiter, I'm just saying that calling out every cade breaker with no mic is pointless,

No it isn't. Doing nothing is pointless, because nothing will happen to the cade breaker and you will continue to get mad and bitch.

unless I personally pm the admin whos on at that time, and besides if they fuck it up enough times someone else will report them for me.

Do it then. Add me, Lukey, Hobo, Pink, Hitman, Dart, Holy, or anyone else and get them to fix it. Don't wait for someone else to do it for you. The fact that you think that is an ideal scenario makes me wonder if you even want to do any work to help this server.

and yes I know that once in awhile there is going to be some dumbass who breaks it when its set up already, specifically in the vending machine room of 4 corners, it just seems like theres alot on in the middle of the day now.

And you are partially responsible for that. Admins cannot see everything, or hear everything, or know when every single rule is being broken. That is where the regulars come in to let admins know when someone is breaking the rules.

Just this afternoon I had to ban three people blowing up the bridge in thelostworld. Who helped me get rid of the douchebags? None other than regular Curdy. He cares about the server and wants to make it a better place. How about you Kavinksy?

Shit, or get off the pot. I'm sick of asking people who broke a cade, zteled, etc without anyone giving me a response, then seeing people bitch here because there are too many cade breakers or whatever. WE CAN'T HELP YOU IF YOU DON'T LET US KNOW SOMEONE IS BREAKING THE RULES OUT OF OUR SIGHT.

Jeimuzu
07-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Admins cannot see everything, or hear everything, or know when every single rule is being broken.

And now you know why Hobo and I sit in spec when we're admins most the time. Hell, I still do it and report rule breakers when we're on bad maps.

Since no one seems to want to change the maps.

Christmas
07-16-2009, 03:45 PM
And now you know why Hobo and I sit in spec when we're admins most the time. Hell, I still do it and report rule breakers when we're on bad maps.

Since no one seems to want to change the maps.

I always knew why. It's a lot easier to catch rule-breakers when you don't have to worry about actually playing.

But even so, two eyes can't always see everything. The best asset admins have are the rule-abiding players themselves. That and the ban hammer.

walterbrunswick
07-17-2009, 11:17 PM
You know what this is ridiculous... I'm alt-tabbed out of a ZM game right now...

Why are the physics so fucked up!? Zombies can glitch through every vending machine on every map!!! IT NEVER USED TO BE LIKE THIS! Please PLEASE fix it!!!!

weeman2412
07-17-2009, 11:36 PM
You know what this is ridiculous... I'm alt-tabbed out of a ZM game right now...

Why are the physics so fucked up!? Zombies can glitch through every vending machine on every map!!! IT NEVER USED TO BE LIKE THIS! Please PLEASE fix it!!!!

abooose...

in all seriousness.. no one is safe now.. not even the almighty weeman.. i can't even cade without getting buttsekked by a freakin deformed.. or a fast/pred.. that can glitch through my cade

walterbrunswick
07-25-2009, 02:54 PM
URGENT: Please fix the console messages!

Jeimuzu
07-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Please add the maps I suggested as well.

mastercheff
07-25-2009, 05:47 PM
you guys gonna but load zero he already has to fix wcs

Jeimuzu
07-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Like Christmas said earlier, if people don't let the guys in charge know what the problems are, then how are they going to get fixed?

&&toasties
07-26-2009, 09:50 PM
you guys gonna but load zero he already has to fix wcs

I honestly think keeping up with ZM/GG/PUB and keeping it running, because we've already lost so many players, is more important than setting up a new server.

If we can't fill up our once very popular servers, what's the point of making a new one?

Jeimuzu
07-27-2009, 01:50 AM
I honestly think keeping up with ZM/GG/PUB and keeping it running, because we've already lost so many players, is more important than setting up a new server.

If we can't fill up our once very popular servers, what's the point of making a new one?

For every regular that leaves, two newbies are born. It will take some time, but there will be new regulars. New people to replace the ones that we loved. And soon, I will meet my match from some random player. I'm looking forward to it.

Christmas
07-27-2009, 01:52 AM
For every regular that leaves, two newbies are born. It will take some time, but there will be new regulars. New people to replace the ones that we loved. And soon, I will meet my match from some random player. I'm looking forward to it.

After playing with you today, I really don't think that is possible.

You know way too fucking much, man.

inthebutt
07-27-2009, 02:24 AM
After playing with you today, I really don't think that is possible.

You know way too fucking much, man.

yeah he does but you know what I actually think that would be an amazing event to see two james go at it.

plus ZM is way more fun now as a zombie, I've master the technique of flipping vending machines and destroying cades.

Jeimuzu
07-27-2009, 03:15 AM
It is, inevitable. I will be replaced, it is the way of fate. I'm not going down without a fight though. *Cue epic music.*

Yeah I can see me playing this when I'm 40, and my hands and eyes aren't as fast as they are now. And I struggle to keep up with some 16 year old.

That or pooter comes back. What fun that would be. I never actually got a chance to meet him or see how he played.

&&toasties
07-31-2009, 12:04 PM
It is, inevitable. I will be replaced, it is the way of fate. I'm not going down without a fight though. *Cue epic music.*

Yeah I can see me playing this when I'm 40, and my hands and eyes aren't as fast as they are now. And I struggle to keep up with some 16 year old.

That or pooter comes back. What fun that would be. I never actually got a chance to meet him or see how he played.

Neither of us did.

But apparently all the old, really awsome players are L4D players now.

Jeimuzu
07-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I actually had the chance to play vs with Cujo and pooter once on L4D.. But I hate vs, so I passed.

TheLittlestHobo
08-09-2009, 08:20 AM
GRENADES!!!!!

We need to have zombies be knocked back from the explosion of the grenade. At least I need it because I tend to get tube campers that way and the crawl space in the theatre in zm_txhighschoolbeta. Otherwise, you have to depend on idiots rather than skill to tag these people...unless you learn how to bunny hop in the tubes...but the crawl spaces...no dice.

Anyone else want to have zombies knocked back from an exploded grenade say "YARRR MATEY"!!!

YARRR MAYEY

mastercheff
08-09-2009, 09:03 AM
what hobo said

Oasis
08-09-2009, 09:38 AM

Pooter knew everything along with eth, two very good players.

TheLittlestHobo
08-09-2009, 11:20 AM

From what I remembered back then and now, I consider James a "pooter v2.0". I didn't think pooter's cades were anywhere near imaginative as James right now.

Then again, these are like the veterans that built the fundamentals of good cades. James improved and elaborated on more efficient cades.

But anyways...

GRENADES SHOULD KNOCK BACK ZOMBIES!!!

Christmas
08-09-2009, 11:52 AM

Eth was the most unfun player there ever was.

I am so glad he doesn't play ZM anymore.

&&toasties
08-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I recently befriend Cujo.

He's pretty cool.

^^

๖ReS
08-09-2009, 03:23 PM
what hobo said

Your supposed to say Yar Matey...

YARRR MATEY !!!

walterbrunswick
08-09-2009, 03:31 PM
YARRR MATEY!!!

@Oasis

eth was a dickhead.

@&&toasties

I still remember a LONG time ago (Aug '08) when I recently ran into Cathy, and me, Cathy and Cujo were in vent together, and he was helping me score lol.

^^

Jeimuzu
08-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Grenades don't have pushback anymore? Don't really ever use them, haven't noticed.

PUT GRENADE PUSHBACK ON!

YARRR MATEY !!!

And I never met pooter, or Cujo, and I just recently played with Eth, he did nothing but camp vents and tubes. So yeah, I don't see how he knew anything. And yeah, what Walter said about Eth, I agree.

mastercheff
08-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Yarr matey

Pink
08-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Yarr Matey for nades with push back.
Deforms 3500 HP but no push back?

walterbrunswick
09-05-2009, 11:37 PM
So playing with Kavinsky isn't really as fun as I thought.

He bitches about "cheap spots" on ghs_officepanic (such as the hydro wire), then he goes to the cheapest spot on the entire map (the one with the really heavy vending machine and the door that kills everything), several rounds in a row.

On zm_lila_panic_redemption, once that fenced-off area by T-spawn gets destroyed, he bitches about "Oooh the only good spot on this map is destroyed and the only place left is the vents." ... Sigh.

In my opinion Kavinsky can be a bad sport and just doesn't know the maps well, and is incompetent at cading any spots that require any effort (to build AND maintain), so he bitches about a lot of maps that don't meet his exact "effortless cading" requirements.

Just pissed me off tonight.

Kavinsky
09-06-2009, 02:22 AM
that room in the end of zm panic redemtption seldome holds, the lower level of the main building by spawn requires a
co ordinated team of 4 to put it together and because of that it never really gets up in time so its either the room with the upright vending machines or the vents.

On police prison I think the lightposts (similar to the wires you were on in office but they were actually reachible, which I found out after I tagged you on it) are extremely cheap

Just ask sonico about everyone who followed him and fucked up his spot in police prison tonight and you'll see why I levitate to the cheap spots, but not the couldn't be reached before the parachutes were enabled ones.

what I need is two other people who know what the fuck to do and I can hold and maintain any major spot, its when I've got people fucking everything up and not paying attention that I go to the cheap spots where I can actually hold out.

This is why I left the box cade on office and went into the room with the impossible to move vender in it to begin with, 7 people in my box room cade and only me and 2 other people even shot at the zombie as he came in and tagged us all.

granted I dont know all of the secrets of the zm maps, but I know the layout and the typically hiding places of alot of them.

Kavinsky
09-06-2009, 03:01 AM
back on topic I think with the reicent lag spikes and server crashes on zm we need to reduce the ping limiter to 150 and reduce the size of the server to 36 instead of 41 (and remove that fucking reserverd slot, that things just a pain in the ass)
either that or install a voice limiter that only alows three people to speak at a time.

and I still think we should make a separate escape map only server that has all of the escape maps that dont work with fast zombies on it. which pretty much includes all escape maps save for mount doom and the space station maps

walterbrunswick
09-06-2009, 12:54 PM
that room in the end of zm panic redemtption seldome holds, the lower level of the main building by spawn requires a
co ordinated team of 4 to put it together and because of that it never really gets up in time so its either the room with the upright vending machines or the vents.

There are quite a few competent people that play Zombie Mod. Pretty much all the regulars are capable of holding their own. Don't make excuses about not having enough people with skill. You can easily organize a few people to get together. Call out 4 regulars, state the place, and you've got your crack A-Team!

On police prison I think the lightposts (similar to the wires you were on in office but they were actually reachible, which I found out after I tagged you on it) are extremely cheap

Cheap? How are they cheap. If 5+ zombies get together and bum-rush, they're toast. They require teamwork and effort.

Just ask sonico about everyone who followed him and fucked up his spot in police prison tonight and you'll see why I levitate to the cheap spots, but not the couldn't be reached before the parachutes were enabled ones.

what I need is two other people who know what the fuck to do and I can hold and maintain any major spot, its when I've got people fucking everything up and not paying attention that I go to the cheap spots where I can actually hold out.

Like I said above, call out the regs, and state the place. Make an effort.

This is why I left the box cade on office and went into the room with the impossible to move vender in it to begin with, 7 people in my box room cade and only me and 2 other people even shot at the zombie as he came in and tagged us all.

Again, find a good team. Stop making excuses. I don't ever remember camping the room with the heavy vender, or the tubes. I don't make excuses, I find solutions.

granted I dont know all of the secrets of the zm maps, but I know the layout and the typically hiding places of alot of them.

You clearly don't, because you have this notion that there are really only two places on each map that are "good": 1) a room with a really heavy object, or 2) the vents/tubes. And as soon as the first place gets destroyed, you immediately panic and rush to the vents.