PDA

View Full Version : Why so scout?

Pink
07-07-2009, 03:56 PM
I notice people been requesting me to remove scouts on escapes map cause of people like to get ahead and not help the team. I want to know what ever one thinks about this maybe we can even talk to zero about making a change if the people really want it.To be honest I been a scout noob on a few escape maps so i am guilty x.x

Christmas
07-07-2009, 04:15 PM
I hate scouts.

It kills the team because you are basically only trying to help yourself and hurt your teammates in the process.

It is almost like blowing the bridge in lostworld. You get the benefit while everyone else suffers in the process.

XxMastagunzxX
07-07-2009, 04:35 PM
I usually restrict the scouts when I am senior admin on escape maps.

mastercheff
07-07-2009, 04:36 PM
some ppl are scout whores i am always like last even with a scout all they are is dead weight on a team

ZERO
07-07-2009, 05:10 PM
I think it is pointless...

Shinkiro
07-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Well lets bring awps back and then ull get complaints i for one dont care if they

use scouts or not it dosnt really do much dmg anyways and besides who needs

to worry about headshots from them cause most of the regs. aim sucks dick so

no worries and i dont think the speed from a scout is that much of a gain

anyways :lmao:

&&toasties
07-07-2009, 06:46 PM
i think it is pointless...

zero lives!!!!!

Christmas
07-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Well lets bring awps back and then ull get complaints i for one dont care if they

use scouts or not it dosnt really do much dmg anyways and besides who needs

to worry about headshots from them cause most of the regs. aim sucks dick so

no worries and i dont think the speed from a scout is that much of a gain

anyways :lmao:

The point is that scout users are basically useless and hurt the team objective (to get to the end of the map without getting tagged).

TheLittlestHobo
07-07-2009, 08:13 PM
It's like spacestationflee where people automatically rush to the airlocks even though there's a whole minute left. A good handful of people usally camp airlocks and are just useless for the rest of those that provide teamwork and help defend the boxes.

But yes, more often than not the scout's main purpose is to help oneself and not really care about the others. I discourage those because like many others have said, it doesn't provide any team work.

mastercheff
07-08-2009, 07:00 PM
one times i was running a person with a scout vs someone with a knife (me) would be faster and they would gain much more land do your own research i've seen tons of ppl in mines of moria pass me cause of a scout

Garry
07-09-2009, 03:07 AM
its true you run faster with scout!

Jeimuzu
07-10-2009, 10:37 AM
I would probably restrict scouts for escape maps as well. They contribute nothing.

As for bringing AWPs back.. No. Just no.

Christmas
07-10-2009, 08:15 PM
I would probably restrict scouts for escape maps as well. They contribute nothing.

As for bringing AWPs back.. No. Just no.

I actually did that in mines of moria.

That map is a real pain when half the people don't understand how to change zombie classes, shoot the boards, and nade the ring at the beginning. Also when people can't defend the stairs.

THE HOLY SH**T!
07-10-2009, 08:30 PM
i love scouts, i use them for nearly everymap. Since they are fun, and always rediculed for being nubbish i love it. I would say im in the top 10 in scout kills in the server. i r beast with it. Like i hit the head prob 30% of shots...hit zombies 50% when i check my stats i will see.

Long live the sc0ut.

#1 in scout kills, time to 24/7 sc0ut :)

mastercheff
07-10-2009, 08:42 PM
i love scouts, i use them for nearly everymap. Since they are fun, and always rediculed for being nubbish i love it. I would say im in the top 10 in scout kills in the server. i r beast with it. Like i hit the head prob 30% of shots...hit zombies 50% when i check my stats i will see.

Long live the sc0ut.

#1 in scout kills, time to 24/7 sc0ut :)

everyone quick grab all the scouts you can and burn them

THE HOLY SH**T!
07-10-2009, 09:15 PM
everyone quick grab all the scouts you can and burn them

i'll burn you !!!

inthebutt
07-10-2009, 09:20 PM
i'll burn you !!!

HOLY and Fish were the only two people I ever saw using a scout to shoot zombies and actually kill them.

the rest of you idiots grabbing scouts just for the speed, need to be taught a lesson in teamwork.

I vote if you grab a scout on an escape map, you be frozen and than made to work with zombies.

unless your HOLY or Fish.

Christmas
07-10-2009, 09:26 PM
HOLY and Fish were the only two people I ever saw using a scout to shoot zombies and actually kill them.

the rest of you idiots grabbing scouts just for the speed, need to be taught a lesson in teamwork.

I vote if you grab a scout on an escape map, you be frozen and than made to work with zombies.

unless your HOLY or Fish.

I hate making exceptions to the rule for specific players.

Because there could be a couple others who use the scout to actually kill zombies.

I think no one should use a scout on escape maps. The majority of idiots ruined it for everyone else.

TheLittlestHobo
07-11-2009, 08:14 AM
Holy, I never see you use a scout. The only people I see who uses a scout successfullly is FISH and this new coming admin named Scout.

Paper
07-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Scouts are fun. Besides, most escape maps where the scout really helps you get ahead (Jurassic is a good example), nearly everyone dies anyway, so you're not negatively affecting your team anyway. The only map where it helps you get ahead and hurts your team that I can think of right now is moria, but we lose that 99% of the time anyway (the exception being fail zombies that manage to not get themselves killed).

mastercheff
07-12-2009, 07:43 AM
on roof top run away i sometimes try to snipe with a scout on the fence i even though i could use a krieg or a aug i choose a scout thats because mai scout is awesome with that lazer skin

Christmas
07-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Scouts are fun. Besides, most escape maps where the scout really helps you get ahead (Jurassic is a good example), nearly everyone dies anyway, so you're not negatively affecting your team anyway. The only map where it helps you get ahead and hurts your team that I can think of right now is moria, but we lose that 99% of the time anyway (the exception being fail zombies that manage to not get themselves killed).

We lose in moria BECAUSE half the people use the scout, there are a bunch of speed zombies, or people forget to defend the stairs.

If scouts and speeds are restricted then the humans win a lot more. Last time I played the humans won well over half the rounds.

mastercheff
07-12-2009, 03:07 PM
hm i agree no scouts for escape and no fast zombies and scouts for moria

THE HOLY SH**T!
07-13-2009, 04:50 AM
Holy, I never see you use a scout. The only people I see who uses a scout successfullly is FISH and this new coming admin named Scout.

shove it up your ass hobo !!! :) <3

I will be on this week i would like to get 2-3 scout kills a night.

mastercheff
07-13-2009, 07:09 AM
lol i has a uber awp skin it makes me wanna get it so badly but mai scout has a lazer so i'll use the scout not to be a whore but to kill some shit

Paper
07-14-2009, 01:10 PM
We lose in moria BECAUSE half the people use the scout, there are a bunch of speed zombies, or people forget to defend the stairs.

If scouts and speeds are restricted then the humans win a lot more. Last time I played the humans won well over half the rounds.

We lose Moria because of fasts, I don't think I've ever been in a round where humans lost because of anything but a fast, if the first wasn't a fast, then one of the first tagged was a fast.

Speeds are almost never restricted, so we almost always loose.

I've played when scouts were restricted, but fasts weren't, we still lost. They do make a difference, but not to the point where we would win or lose based on their use.

Generally, the two fail points at the map on the way to the protection circle, and the falling stairs. The failure during circle run from the tomb is caused by fasts (and the occasional fail nade)

The failure on the stairs is caused by a general lack of skill. You don't need a lot of people to defend them, but generally the people who are good at defending them either aren't paying attention or made the jump. So unless you want to make a rule that people aren't allowed to jump the gap, you won't have any more luck on the stairs by restricting scouts.

Christmas
07-14-2009, 03:57 PM
We lose Moria because of fasts, I don't think I've ever been in a round where humans lost because of anything but a fast, if the first wasn't a fast, then one of the first tagged was a fast.

I've played when scouts were restricted, but fasts weren't, we still lost. They do make a difference, but not to the point where we would win or lose based on their use.

Generally, the two fail points at the map on the way to the protection circle, and the falling stairs. The failure during circle run from the tomb is caused by fasts (and the occasional fail nade)

The failure on the stairs is caused by a general lack of skill. You don't need a lot of people to defend them, but generally the people who are good at defending them either aren't paying attention or made the jump. So unless you want to make a rule that people aren't allowed to jump the gap, you won't have any more luck on the stairs by restricting scouts.

I've tagged people loads of times on the stairs because they are either not paying attention or they want to all try and jump off the stairs to the lower level. And I was a predator every time.

I've also seen it where there have been one or two people trying to protect the stairs (no speed zombies) and the entire team has gotten tagged because of it.

Priority is Speeds, then scouts. And I'm not talking about JUST the scouters on the stairs. You misunderstand.

mastercheff
07-14-2009, 08:30 PM
i've seen holy kill a zombie with a scout he is not lieing he's that badass

Jeimuzu
07-14-2009, 09:30 PM

Hobo used to restrict them until Mallissin or someone complained and came to the forums about restricting speeds.

I have to admit, it made things a big more interesting, but then everyone just became predator, so you couldn't even see the epic horde of zombies running at you.

WHICH! Further proves that one of the predator classes should be changed into another zombie class with similar speed.

Paper
07-15-2009, 09:24 PM
i've seen holy kill a zombie with a scout he is not lieing he's that badass

Killing a zombie with a scout isn't that hard, It might not be that effective at knocking back zombies, but it's fine for killing them if you can manage to get headshots, I solo'd a classic in the pillar area of Moria with a scout and a grenade.

Christmas, I said stair failure was from lack of skill, not fasts, fast is actually one of the least useful classes at that point in the map. My point was that getting rid of scouts wouldn't help prevent that failure point.

Christmas
07-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Christmas, I said stair failure was from lack of skill, not fasts, fast is actually one of the least useful classes at that point in the map. My point was that getting rid of scouts wouldn't help prevent that failure point.

Yes, but it's pretty irrelevant because with speeds we don't ever make it to that point anyway.

Curdy
07-15-2009, 11:35 PM
i like scouts lol got 6 scout killz while tubing on lila panic
dnt say its noob whores i brought a scout to a noob tube that cancels out the noobness of it

as for escape maps i can accept scout restrictions since its more team based than cades.

and besides isnt it great to kill a zombie with a scout :reddot:

inthebutt
07-15-2009, 11:42 PM
I got a really great idea that will solve all of the problems on mines of moria!!!!

it will fix the speed problem, whether to restrict them or not.

it will fix the scout issue, whether it needs to be restricted or not.

are you ready for the answer????

GET RID OF THE MAP FROM THE SERVER!!!

problem solved, thanks for reading.

Christmas
07-15-2009, 11:52 PM
I got a really great idea that will solve all of the problems on mines of moria!!!!

it will fix the speed problem, whether to restrict them or not.

it will fix the scout issue, whether it needs to be restricted or not.

are you ready for the answer????

GET RID OF THE MAP FROM THE SERVER!!!

problem solved, thanks for reading.

Wait, why remove it? It's a fun map to play on occasion.

ReS_Mobile !
07-16-2009, 04:43 AM
The best is when people buy scouts and then run with their knife or pistol out. Its so fucking annoying. Makes me wanna drop the ban hammer T-T

mastercheff
07-16-2009, 07:11 AM
but i have to admit sometimes the scout does a ridiculous amount of damage like 80 ft away 1hp damage to a zombie is that damage meter broke?

Paper
07-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Yes, but it's pretty irrelevant because with speeds we don't ever make it to that point anyway.

With the staffs and people throwing decently aimed nades we can. Although, for both of those two factors to line up and get us there its got to be something like a .001% chance.

Needless to say I'm all for removing the map or at least restricting the amount of times it can be selected per week to one (bad map thursday).

Jeimuzu
07-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Needless to say I'm all for removing the map or at least restricting the amount of times it can be selected per week to one (bad map thursday).

Mines of Moria on BMT? Sounds good to me.

Christmas
07-16-2009, 03:41 PM
With the staffs and people throwing decently aimed nades we can. Although, for both of those two factors to line up and get us there its got to be something like a .001% chance.

You and I both know there aren't enough competent players on the server at a time to make that a possibility.

Idiots who carry the staff around wondering "WHAT THE HELL DO I DO WITH IT!?" and people who throw nades BEHIND zombies forgetting that the impact shoots them directly towards you.

Fucking bunch of piss ants.

Paper
07-16-2009, 10:29 PM
You and I both know there aren't enough competent players on the server at a time to make that a possibility.

Idiots who carry the staff around wondering "WHAT THE HELL DO I DO WITH IT!?" and people who throw nades BEHIND zombies forgetting that the impact shoots them directly towards you.

Fucking bunch of piss ants.

That's why the percentage of times when we can actually get that working is so low, possible, but very unlikely (One time we legitimately won with decent zombies playing as all classes was one of those times).