PDA

View Full Version : Unbreakable Cades

walterbrunswick
07-23-2009, 02:22 PM
I think we need to get some rules officialized.

In previous games, I heard that it was illegal to cade the money room on zm_lila_panic_v2 with the money crate. Just now I was playing and Curdy caded it up, and Getcha said it was Okay.

1) Using the money crate for cading? Should this be legal or illegal?
For instance, cading the money room on zm_lila_panic_v2.

Advantage for humans: Unbreakable cade.
Disadvantage for zombies: Unbreakable cade.

It is as impossible to get into as the red room on Texas Highschool.

2) Using industrial-sized shelving to cade rooms.
For instance, cading the room next to spawn on snoopie.

Again, impossible to get into.

An official ruling on these cases would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

๖ReS
07-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Ive always thought that you couldn't use the money crate on any map...
I banned 2 people yesterday after saying their name about 23 times and still continuing to cade the shelf room on Snoopie...
That was yesterday, the day my mic broke.
I was raging.

Hitman
07-23-2009, 02:44 PM
If it is impossible then it is not allowed.

TheLittlestHobo
07-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Those two you've mentioned, Walter, are the only ones I would consider them as bannable. Last year when I first joined the server, I remember being banned for using the shelf on snoopie. From that point on, I can understand, thus asking people not to go there.

For lila_panic_v2, I, myself would never use the money crate. Even though, I see people use it, I wouldn't care much about it. If anything, I encourage the first zombie to immediately head straight down there and screw everyone over. Well, whenever I'm first zombie, I always head over there. But yes, I would like to make it an official ruling against using the money crate.

walterbrunswick
07-23-2009, 02:52 PM
You hear that Curdy? If I see you cading with the money crate, God help you lest I unleash my fury!

&&toasties
07-23-2009, 02:52 PM
I second these notions.

What's the fun if you have an unbreakable cade?

A fun part about cading is keeping up with the cade so it doesn't break.

Having to constantly fret and yell because it's breaking.

I think having something invincible is damn annoying.

Anyways.

My opinion.

: D

XxMastagunzxX
07-23-2009, 03:09 PM
If the official rules say nothing about these barricades being illegal and you ban somebody for it then you should know you are responsible for your actions. :stupid:

&&toasties
07-23-2009, 03:12 PM
If the official rules say nothing about these barricades being illegal and you ban somebody for it then you should know you are responsible for your actions. :stupid:

This is why we're ASKING for the possibility of it becoming illegal if it isn't already.

XxMastagunzxX
07-23-2009, 03:15 PM
This is why we're ASKING for the possibility of it becoming illegal if it isn't already.

I know I was just saying that because res does it all the time.

mastercheff
07-23-2009, 03:27 PM
yea even though having a unbreakable cade means afk ftw its still fun having to yell shoot so and so to keep the cade alive i guess we could implement that or make weeman tell us that secret to making cades do barrel rolls

inthebutt
07-23-2009, 03:38 PM
I've always said it was illegal to use the money crate as part of the cade in the money room on lila_panic_v2, everyone should know by now that your not suppose to put anything, including the chair, in front of the entrance to the redroom on tx_highschool. the snoopie one can be broken it just takes a couple zombie's to push on the side to move it back, but we do need official rulings on these spots.

&&toasties
07-23-2009, 04:48 PM

Ahhh.

Quoting and specifics are nice.

^^

Jeimuzu
07-26-2009, 01:39 PM
I think we need to get some rules officialized.

In previous games, I heard that it was illegal to cade the money room on zm_lila_panic_v2 with the money crate. Just now I was playing and Curdy caded it up, and Getcha said it was Okay.

1) Using the money crate for cading? Should this be legal or illegal?
For instance, cading the money room on zm_lila_panic_v2.

Advantage for humans: Unbreakable cade.
Disadvantage for zombies: Unbreakable cade.

It is as impossible to get into as the red room on Texas Highschool.

2) Using industrial-sized shelving to cade rooms.
For instance, cading the room next to spawn on snoopie.

Again, impossible to get into.

An official ruling on these cases would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Money room was never illegal. I'm pretty sure it isn't in the rules. I don't go there though because it's too easy. Some admins have threatened to ban people who go in there. That I don't like.

What you do is freeze them instead of banning them, if it really is that bad.. That'll change their minds.

As for the shelf room, it litterally is impossible for anyone inexperienced playing as a zombie, and even more so if someone knows what they're doing is in there.. I ask people not to go in there to keep the game fair, freeze them if they do otherwise. Usually after making a vote. You shouldn't be banning people for this.

weeman2412
07-27-2009, 04:16 PM
-.- if there is no unbreakable cade.. doesn't that just make every cade vulnerable to weeman :P

๖ReS
07-27-2009, 04:35 PM

Dose what ?
Cade with money ?
I only use that thing on wtfhax cause all it dose is keep the book shelf up, you can knock over the Vendies if you tried hard enough or caught me on a reload.

Jeimuzu
07-27-2009, 08:32 PM
I've gotten into the money room before, even though they used the money crate to cade. It isn't impossible, just hard.

inthebutt
07-27-2009, 09:23 PM
I've gotten into the money room before, even though they used the money crate to cade. It isn't impossible, just hard.

well james you have to remember only a very select few besides you and weeman can destroy any cade.

remember we gotta keep the game fair for everyone.

THE HOLY SH**T!
07-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Zer0 has already made an offical ruleing... he said that if admins feel that a spot is unfair they have a right to take a vote on a spot to make it illegal.

I just can't find it quoted on these forums.

Kavinsky
07-27-2009, 11:28 PM
great there goes a good chunk of the cading spots that work.

Jeimuzu
07-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Zer0 has already made an offical ruleing... he said that if admins feel that a spot is unfair they have a right to take a vote on a spot to make it illegal.

I remember it too Holy. But even so, ban one spot, you have to ban 20.

Vladninja
07-28-2009, 01:05 AM

Zero has stated many times that a spot has to be 99% impossible to get into to be a punishable spot. Even then Im pretty sure Zero stated to warn then freeze as the proper action not a ban. I mean I was warned on snoopieabout the shelf room and I didnt have a clue I could actually be banned for going there (I was trying to play and respond real quick in steam chat... didnt wanna go to spec just to type a quick reply) I didnt get banned because Im a regular and the admins knew I wasnt trying to be a dick. As much as I appreciate it I should be treated the same as any other player on ZM. I mean what if I was new to the game?

The other problem that comes up on this "admins feel a spot is unfair" thing is... Do I have to keep a list on each admin and thier list of unfair spots? What if there is more than one admin on? What if its raining, bad map thurs, and I just burnt my food? Seems like alot to keep up with.

I think the only way to really get this problem fixed would be to make up a list present it to Zero or Jigsaw and wait for an official ruling. I know you guys are gonna say you warn people but If you spend your time getting to a place only to be told you cant go there your now screwed for that round. Its not like the game ends when all the humans get turned so whats the major harm to everyones fun. If someones in a room I know I have a hard time getting into I will ignore them and go for easier pray till I have a vast undead army to destroy them.

Jeimuzu
07-28-2009, 01:31 AM
I think the only way to really get this problem fixed would be to make up a list present it to Zero or Jigsaw and wait for an official ruling.

That's what I'm proposing we do in the other thread.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22729#post22729

Vladninja
07-28-2009, 01:34 AM
That's what I'm trying to do in the other thread.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22729#post22729

Ok but are the admins in agreement on not taking severe action till we hear back from Zero? Cause we all know that may take a while he is a very busy man.

THE HOLY SH**T!
07-28-2009, 02:57 AM
i only consider spots like the redroom on highschool.
Glitching doors, elevators ect...
I think the money room is fine, if been doomed when cadeing in there before. Also the spot on snoopie by spawn i really don't see a problem with it.

Jeimuzu
07-28-2009, 04:23 AM
Like I suggested, I would like for the admins to get together and figure out what they want for rules, from there we can improvise until Zero or Jigsaw get around to this, if they do. Also, I tried to explain that "Zero and Jigsaw aren't always here, and all of the admins aren't exactly on the same page." So it can't just be brushed aside unless we want these things to remain as reoccurring problems in the server. I believe most of the issues have been worked out with a couple of the admins already, and the others are improving.

inthebutt
07-30-2009, 05:03 PM
so can we get a list of all the spots that zero and jigsaw should consider??

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Like I suggested, I would like for the admins to get together and figure out what they want for rules, from there we can improvise until Zero or Jigsaw get around to this, if they do. Also, I tried to explain that "Zero and Jigsaw aren't always here, and all of the admins aren't exactly on the same page." So it can't just be brushed aside unless we want these things to remain as reoccurring problems in the server. I believe most of the issues have been worked out with a couple of the admins already, and the others are improving.

I have an idea!

why don't we all, one night, log into the vent, and talk it all out?

Christmas
07-30-2009, 05:11 PM
I have an idea!

Okay, where is this freaking vent server?

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Okay, where is this freaking vent server?

Isn't the IP at the bottom of the webpage?

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Nope, nevermind.

I'll find the ip!

walterbrunswick
07-30-2009, 05:45 PM
I have an idea!

Did someone say... VENT PARTY!~?!?!!!11

:attention::party3::jive::binkybaby::wynar: :party2::music3::popcorn::party1::pals::wtf: :music1: :wishes::balloons::smokin:

Jeimuzu
07-30-2009, 06:17 PM
We all have steam, why don't we just have a large chat with that? I mean we obviously can't use mics. Christmas and Curdy would be spamming stuff into it, while Walter and I go back and forth arguing about something that doesn't matter.. Meanwhile Getcha would be screaming into her mic because shes multitasking playing ZM. It would be total chaos.. Lets do it!

weeman2412
07-30-2009, 06:35 PM
ma_ban #all ... thats all I have to say

Seriously STOP FUCKEN BANNING EVERYONE.. seriously.. you people are way too trigger happy..

Cading in impossible places.. = move to spectate, frozen, blinded, or kick.. never a ban.. If I recall correctly.. you only ban someone when they are being total dicks.. cading in impossible places doesn't necessarily mean that they are being total dicks.. they could be new to the server.. or they were just running away from zombies and weren't thinking clearly..

unnecessary blocking, teamkilling ( a la blowing the bridge ) , illegal hacking of any kind (yes that includes console buying.. either that or just wait till vac2 catches them.. its a win win either way..) can result in a ban.. lately .. ban hammers been pulled out way too often..

btw did you know most money room takes 30sec to a min to cade up.. so why don't the zombies just rush there first asap.. hence making the room uncadable?!?!? seriously...

WHY DON"T WE DROP THIS SUBJECT ALL TOGETHER AND PLAY NORMALLY LIKE WE DID MANY MONTHS AGO.. GOD DAM.. NO ONE WAS BITCHING ABOUT THIS KIND OF STUFF LAST YEAR

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 07:22 PM
We all have steam, why don't we just have a large chat with that? I mean we obviously can't use mics. Christmas and Curdy would be spamming stuff into it, while Walter and I go back and forth arguing about something that doesn't matter.. Meanwhile Getcha would be screaming into her mic because shes multitasking playing ZM. It would be total chaos.. Lets do it!

Haha, we could all get on steam.

that's another idea.

^^

Christmas
07-30-2009, 07:29 PM
ma_ban #all ... thats all I have to say

Seriously STOP FUCKEN BANNING EVERYONE.. seriously.. you people are way too trigger happy..

Cading in impossible places.. = move to spectate, frozen, blinded, or kick.. never a ban.. If I recall correctly.. you only ban someone when they are being total dicks.. cading in impossible places doesn't necessarily mean that they are being total dicks.. they could be new to the server.. or they were just running away from zombies and weren't thinking clearly..

unnecessary blocking, teamkilling ( a la blowing the bridge ) , illegal hacking of any kind (yes that includes console buying.. either that or just wait till vac2 catches them.. its a win win either way..) can result in a ban.. lately .. ban hammers been pulled out way too often..

btw did you know most money room takes 30sec to a min to cade up.. so why don't the zombies just rush there first asap.. hence making the room uncadable?!?!? seriously...

WHY DON"T WE DROP THIS SUBJECT ALL TOGETHER AND PLAY NORMALLY LIKE WE DID MANY MONTHS AGO.. GOD DAM.. NO ONE WAS BITCHING ABOUT THIS KIND OF STUFF LAST YEAR

You know that none of the admins are trigger happy, and it just looks like you are talking out of your ass. Even inthebutt doesn't ban someone outright for not zteling.

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 07:35 PM
You know that none of the admins are trigger happy, and it just looks like you are talking out of your ass. Even inthebutt doesn't ban someone outright for not zteling.

True, but a lot of the NEW admins are trigger happy.

i.e.: Pink.

weeman2412
07-30-2009, 07:39 PM

ban someone outright for not zteling. << what??? clarifying that would be lovely

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 07:42 PM
ban someone outright for not zteling. << what??? clarifying that would be lovely

Like, being banned for not !zteleing away from your cade as the first zombie.

walterbrunswick
07-30-2009, 07:58 PM
True, but a lot of the NEW admins are trigger happy.

i.e.: Pink.

C'mon now, Pink is not trigger happy. You haven't even been on to see her play, so how can you criticize? Looks like you're blowing smoke here.

You were a lot more trigger happy than Pink will ever be.

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 08:19 PM
C'mon now, Pink is not trigger happy. You haven't even been on to see her play, so how can you criticize? Looks like you're blowing smoke here.

You were a lot more trigger happy than Pink will ever be.

so that screen shot that was posted was all photoshop?

Damn, that's some good photoshop.

An even though *I* may not be playing, I hear literally almost everything that goes on.

And as far as me being trigger happy, HAHAHA, nice try Walter.

These new admins have banned more than I have.

walterbrunswick
07-30-2009, 08:24 PM
so that screen shot that was posted was all photoshop?

Damn, that's some good photoshop.

An even though *I* may not be playing, I hear literally almost everything that goes on.

And as far as me being trigger happy, HAHAHA, nice try Walter.

These new admins have banned more than I have.

Like Anex said, we (the old admin folks) enforced the 2-per-tube rule back from the old days. It's always been like that. Pink wasn't banning anyone, just setting them ablaze. Marshmellows anyone?

Who are you referring to when you say "new admins"? Last I checked, you were a new admin.

inthebutt
07-30-2009, 08:25 PM

hahahaha yeah about that....

mastercheff
07-30-2009, 08:41 PM
if i had a ban hammer a long time ago i would have like 50 ban hammers on my count

inthebutt
07-30-2009, 08:55 PM
if i had a ban hammer a long time ago i would have like 50 ban hammers on my count

that's about what I have lol.

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Like Anex said, we (the old admin folks) enforced the 2-per-tube rule back from the old days. It's always been like that. Pink wasn't banning anyone, just setting them ablaze. Marshmellows anyone?

Who are you referring to when you say "new admins"? Last I checked, you were a new admin.

I'm not new.

Been an admin for about 5 months now.

Got my admin in March.

^^

inthebutt
07-30-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm not new.

Been an admin for about 5 months now.

Got my admin in March.

^^

I think he meant on the ZM server but I could be wrong

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 10:17 PM
I think he meant on the ZM server but I could be wrong

I thought he meant in general.

awe well.

He needs to realise that just because he's been here longer than us, doesn't mean he's better than us.

Fish
08-05-2009, 08:40 PM
I thought he meant in general.

awe well.

He needs to realise that just because he's been here longer than us, doesn't mean he's better than us.

Sometimes, that is true. I bet I am a he'll of a lot better zm player then you or any other new guy around. Why? Cause I've been here for awhile. :)

The money room is no big thing IMO. Just wait for a human fuck up. Most any zm player knows I am a deformed and probably knows where I am going with this.

TheLittlestHobo
08-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Sometimes, that is true. I bet I am a he'll of a lot better zm player then you or any other new guy around. Why? Cause I've been here for awhile. :)

The money room is no big thing IMO. Just wait for a human fuck up. Most any zm player knows I am a deformed and probably knows where I am going with this.

You can say you can...FISH them out to the entrance, then tag them...muahahaaa...god that was lame.

&&toasties
08-06-2009, 11:57 AM

If you actually had the intelligence to understand where I was going with that, you'd know I was meaning he's NOT a better PERSON in GENERAL.

It's a given, that when people have played something LONGER and MORE OFTEN that they're going to be BETTER than most others.

Fish
08-06-2009, 12:52 PM
If you actually had the intelligence to understand where I was going with that, you'd know I was meaning he's NOT a better PERSON in GENERAL.

It's a given, that when people have played something LONGER and MORE OFTEN that they're going to be BETTER than most others.

If you had a penis, you would have more common sense and a better grasp at english. There I said it. :smirk:

walterbrunswick
08-06-2009, 01:38 PM

Why are you bringing personal character into question?

Who gives you the right to judge who is better?

We're just talking about experience here.

Fish was correct. Your statement was in fact ambiguous, meaning it could be interpreted from different angles.

Secondly, don't attack Fish. He didn't attack you here. Just because he made some jokes about your behavior in-game a while ago (which admittedly were warranted) that you found distasteful doesn't mean he is a bad person. He calls me a moron, but I know he does it out of love in a jokingly fashion, and I don't take offense.

Fish
08-06-2009, 05:51 PM
I usually say I love you before calling you a moron. Lol.

&&toasties
08-06-2009, 08:30 PM
If you had a penis, you would have more common sense and a better grasp at english. There I said it. :smirk:

Same goes for you.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

and Walter, again, do not speak of which you do not know of.

walterbrunswick
08-06-2009, 08:56 PM
I usually say I love you before calling you a moron. Lol.

I LOVE YOU TOO MAN!!!! *hugs*

Same goes for you.

I'm just interpreting what I see in front of me, Autumn.:chillpill::readingXXX:

&&toasties
08-06-2009, 10:35 PM
I LOVE YOU TOO MAN!!!! *hugs*

I'm just interpreting what I see in front of me, Autumn.:chillpill::readingXXX:

Then you need reading glasses.

:chillpill::chillpill::chillpill::chillpill:

Fish
08-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Same goes for you.

Im more man then you will ever meet baby. Sorry. :icon_mrgreen:

walterbrunswick
08-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Im more man then you will ever meet baby. Sorry. :icon_mrgreen:

Fish is from Chicago...

And you know what they say about Chicago folks like Leroy Brown...

Ooq3JbWbdjk

:D

Jeimuzu
08-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Has this become another useless flame war?