PDA

View Full Version : Server Enforcing consistency?

Rob
07-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Okay, for some reason the server is enforcing consistency for weapons and i can't rejoin.
It crashed and restarted like 5 minutes ago. And can't join since.
Server never enforced it, because it would let me play. Haven't changed a single weapon in the past 4 months. so it can't be that.

EDIT/UPDATE
problem solved for some reason.
didn't do anything.

EDIT/UPDATE NR. 2
Problem persists, this time it happened after it crashed on "zm_hauntedmanor_v1"

ZERO
07-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Which server, when did this start?

Christmas
07-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Which server, when did this start?

Zombie mod server. Redemption was the map.

ZERO
07-30-2009, 01:46 PM
The default map? But that is a very strange error. Especially because I have not changed any settings that have anything to do with that...

Christmas
07-30-2009, 01:51 PM
The default map? But that is a very strange error. Especially because I have not changed any settings that have anything to do with that...

Redemption was the map we were playing when it crashed.
The map it changed to afterwards was a panic map.

weeman2412
07-30-2009, 02:31 PM
this happens only when you have custom skins... thats why you don't you see me on much during redemption.. stupid consistency crap... I mean seriously who would use materialhacks on a zm map ... -.-

Christmas
07-30-2009, 02:37 PM
this happens only when you have custom skins... thats why you don't you see me on much during redemption.. stupid consistency crap... I mean seriously who would use materialhacks on a zm map ... -.-

The server wasn't enforcing consistency for redemption.

inthebutt
07-30-2009, 04:55 PM
with the new admin system that zero and jigsaw are working on, you guys do know that we will have custom admin skins right??

Christmas
07-30-2009, 05:20 PM
with the new admin system that zero and jigsaw are working on, you guys do know that we will have custom admin skins right??

You are aware that skins apply to weapons, textures, sprites, and player skins, correct?

And the new admin system isn't in yet, so skins help break from the monotony.

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 05:23 PM

I want my grenade to be the ban hammer!

D:

Christmas
07-30-2009, 05:25 PM

D:

You know it doesn't exactly work like that, right?

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 05:26 PM
You know it doesn't exactly work like that, right?

Why not?

Christmas
07-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Why not?

The admin skins are for player skins. Like the CTs and Ts.

Everyone can see them, not just you.

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 05:29 PM
The admin skins are for player skins. Like the CTs and Ts.

Everyone can see them, not just you.

OOHHHH.

I didn't know that.

Well, I want MY OWN skin, with the ban hammer for my grenade.

Christmas
07-30-2009, 05:43 PM
OOHHHH.

I didn't know that.

Well, I want MY OWN skin, with the ban hammer for my grenade.

You can't get your own grenades.

Sowee.

Jeimuzu
07-30-2009, 06:07 PM

D:

Why not have your knife be the ban hammer?

weeman2412
07-30-2009, 06:51 PM
YES :D about time.. JigSaw told me it will be implemented after summer though.. so uh.. 30+ days more t og o

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Why not have your knife be the ban hammer?

THAT TOO.

ohgod.

this could get awesome.

D:

inthebutt
07-30-2009, 09:04 PM
how about we leave the "ban hammer" as a metaphorical thing, not an actual hammer you can carry around.

jeez people, we aren't cavemen here.

Christmas
07-30-2009, 09:12 PM
how about we leave the "ban hammer" as a metaphorical thing, not an actual hammer you can carry around.

jeez people, we aren't cavemen here.

Yes we are.

YOU BAD! BAN YOU!

walterbrunswick
07-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Yes we are.

YOU BAD! BAN YOU!

Haha in caveman days the women would knock the men out on the head and pull them by the balls into their caves and make them give them babies.

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Haha in caveman days the women would knock the men out on the head and pull them by the balls into their caves and make them give them babies.

Hay Christmas....

: D

weeman2412
07-30-2009, 10:11 PM
http://admin.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUpdate/Update%20Studio%20Pics/update_security.jpg

HELL YE.. HELL YE

NOW THATS A BAN HAMMER

Christmas
07-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Is it just me or does Walter have that backwards?

inthebutt
07-30-2009, 10:13 PM
http://admin.bungie.net/images/News/WeeklyUpdate/Update%20Studio%20Pics/update_security.jpg

HELL YE.. HELL YE

NOW THATS A BAN HAMMER

dude weeman this is fucking awesome lol.

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Is it just me or does Walter have that backwards?

No, I believe that's how it went.

o O

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 10:16 PM
dude weeman this is fucking awesome lol.

I totally agree.

I WANT IT.

D:

Jeimuzu
07-30-2009, 11:37 PM
It looks like a replica of the gravity hammer from Halo3

Christmas
07-30-2009, 11:52 PM
No, I believe that's how it went.

o O

Impossibility of dragging someone long distances by the balls aside, I don't think it did.

&&toasties
07-30-2009, 11:53 PM
Impossibility of dragging someone long distances by the balls aside, I don't think it did.

I doubt it was by the balls.

My apologies, I missed that part.

I always read they dragged them by their feet to the cave.

o O

Jeimuzu
07-31-2009, 12:08 AM

Ow...

Rob
07-31-2009, 03:31 AM
Right, the ZM crashed again just now (10.28AM~ Holland), and once again, enforcing guns. whats with this?

&&toasties
07-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Right, the ZM crashed again just now (10.28AM~ Holland), and once again, enforcing guns. whats with this?

Your mom.

hahaha, just kidding.

I love you<33

Jeimuzu
07-31-2009, 03:46 PM
You really are bored aren't you Autumn?

Anyways, a few times the other night the ZM server started getting large lag spikes, or lagging for a long period of time, like when Zero was downloading something and took up all the bandwidth. One time half the server was kicked because everyone had over 200 ping.

&&toasties
07-31-2009, 08:49 PM

Anyways, a few times the other night the ZM server started getting large lag spikes, or lagging for a long period of time, like when Zero was downloading something and took up all the bandwidth. One time half the server was kicked because everyone had over 200 ping.

Very.

weeman2412
08-01-2009, 11:57 AM

... if stuff like this happens... just warn everybody you will Kick the entire server.. to see if it just zero or another hacker..

ma_kick #all

If everyone is kicked and the lag still persist its probably zero.. If everyone is kicked and its virtually lag free.. probably a hacker.. please if ur gonna decide if the server is lagging.. please make sure you don't have a piece of shit internet... or a piece of shit computer thx ^^

Jeimuzu
08-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Believe me, I thought about it. The lag was ridiculous. But It stopped shortly. The best thing to do is probably record the times that this occurs, then Zero or Jigsaw can take a look at it.

Christmas
08-01-2009, 08:36 PM
... if stuff like this happens... just warn everybody you will Kick the entire server.. to see if it just zero or another hacker..

ma_kick #all

If everyone is kicked and the lag still persist its probably zero.. If everyone is kicked and its virtually lag free.. probably a hacker.. please if ur gonna decide if the server is lagging.. please make sure you don't have a piece of shit internet... or a piece of shit computer thx ^^

That sounds like a really dumb idea.

Mallissin
08-02-2009, 01:24 AM
This is a known issue with CS:S. Certain Cvars are not loaded at server startup. The "sv_consistency" setting on the server doesn't update until after first map change.

So, when the server reboots (from a crash in this case), those with custom models will not be able to join until the server cycles to a second map.

This is done intentionally to stop griefers from spamming servers with corrupt models.

inthebutt
08-02-2009, 01:38 PM
This is a known issue with CS:S. Certain Cvars are not loaded at server startup. The "sv_consistency" setting on the server doesn't update until after first map change.

So, when the server reboots (from a crash in this case), those with custom models will not be able to join until the server cycles to a second map.

This is done intentionally to stop griefers from spamming servers with corrupt models.

so basically in a nut shell, stop using custom skins and models for now till we get the server fixed, than you won't have to sit out for a map that won't let you in due to your own customization.

THE HOLY SH**T!
08-02-2009, 02:39 PM
i want a ban hammer.

&&toasties
08-06-2009, 12:22 PM
i want a ban hammer.

My ban hammer.

D: