PDA

View Full Version : why was I banned?

Sniper raptor jesus
08-09-2009, 05:56 PM
I was playing and then suddenly i got locked out and banned, i tried logging on every hour today but I'm still banned. Can you tell me why please?

&&toasties
08-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Oh, ZM... well, what admins were on?

Christmas
08-09-2009, 05:57 PM
What server were you on?

Sniper raptor jesus
08-09-2009, 06:11 PM
I was on the zombie server, mastagunz and rob were on, but i dont think it was rob. Can you try to get me unbanned by tommorow? I play zombies a lot and IBIS is the only good server I know.

Christmas
08-09-2009, 06:29 PM
I was on the zombie server, mastagunz and rob were on, but i dont think it was rob. Can you try to get me unbanned by tommorow? I play zombies a lot and IBIS is the only good server I know.

Do you have any idea what you may have done?

Whoever banned you should be around eventually. In the mean time keep trying to connect, because the ban may be short.

Sniper raptor jesus
08-09-2009, 06:30 PM
No, I was in spectate because a ton of idiots kept breaking my cades and I didnt want to loose any rank, and I just got locked out.

Christmas
08-09-2009, 06:34 PM
No, I was in spectate because a ton of idiots kept breaking my cades and I didnt want to loose any rank, and I just got locked out.

First mistake: do not go to spectate to avoid being tagged. That is most likely the reason you were banned. Were there any zombies by you?

Secondly, your rank really is not that big a deal.

Sniper raptor jesus
08-09-2009, 06:37 PM
No, the day before I got a warning that if I went to spectate near zombies again I'd be perma banned so I went into spectate as a round started. (I'm not dumb enough to try that while I saw two admins on the server)

&&toasties
08-09-2009, 06:46 PM
No, the day before I got a warning that if I went to spectate near zombies again I'd be perma banned so I went into spectate as a round started. (I'm not dumb enough to try that while I saw two admins on the server)

Well, if they banned you, it's probably a short term.

Maybe 2 hours or so.

they might have thought you were doing that to avoid being tagged.

But whoever threatened a perma-ban, do not know the rules.

You can't get permabanned for going to spec to avoid being tagged.

That's the same as !ztele'ing.

MAX 7 day ban.

Sniper raptor jesus
08-09-2009, 06:47 PM
the ban was at least one day, its been 12 hours so far and no luck yet

Sniper raptor jesus
08-09-2009, 06:49 PM
so when do you think I'm going to get unbanned? hopefully by tommorow morning, I like to play early and today I've barely played at all which is VERY annoying

&&toasties
08-09-2009, 06:50 PM
the ban was at least one day, its been 12 hours so far and no luck yet

PM Zero or Jigsaw.

^^

Sniper raptor jesus
08-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Im kind of new to this how do I do that?

&&toasties
08-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Im kind of new to this how do I do that?

Go to members.

Search:

ZERO

and

JigSaw

OR:

Go to your pm's. (top right corner)

and create new.

Put one of their names in.

walterbrunswick
08-09-2009, 06:53 PM
The admin who banned you should have issued you a warning prior-to.

Or at least said admin should make a post here as to why you got banned.

All admins should make a write-up in the chat console as to the reason for the banning. When I issue a ban, I write it up as follows:

@ Banned XX minutes, X count(s) of <offense>.

That way the server administrator can check the console log as to the time and reason for banning of an offense.

Yay for police college training.

Sniper raptor jesus
08-09-2009, 06:58 PM
well thanks a ton everyone :D I just pmed jigsaw, I hope this doesnt have to happen again D:

&&toasties
08-09-2009, 07:00 PM
well thanks a ton everyone :D I just pmed jigsaw, I hope this doesnt have to happen again D:

I'll hope for the best for you.

^^

TheLittlestHobo
08-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Before I ban, I tell them:

<Name>. I'm banning you for <time> for <offense>. Have a nice break/day.

Then I ban immediately after.

&&toasties
08-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Before I ban, I tell them:

<Name>. I'm banning you for <time> for <offense>. Have a nice break/day.

Then I ban immediately after.

I do the same.

Usually over mic though.

TheLittlestHobo
08-09-2009, 07:09 PM
I type it out so I can get record of it. Before, I copy the console and paste it onto notepad.

Now, I'm recording demos since 3 days ago. I record at the beginning of round, type sb_status, then "thetime". Now when I make bans, I can say them over the mic then ban.

For some reason I still have records of rounds where nothing happens...I guess it's just so I can look back 10 years later to see how good I was then. lol...

mastercheff
08-09-2009, 07:12 PM
lawl hobo special documents i will call them

walterbrunswick
08-09-2009, 09:05 PM
I type it out so I can get record of it. Before, I copy the console and paste it onto notepad.

I used to that too, until I learned about condump!

bind "f10" "thetime; ma_version; ma_admins; ma_users; wait; condump; clear"

@Autumn

Using voice to warn them is fine, but you really SHOULD make a write-up for logging purposes. In fact, this should be part of the Admin TOS if it isn't already.

Tip on being a good admin^^.

Besides, the write-up will explain to others why he was banned and possibly act as a deterrence factor.

ZERO
08-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Is he unbanned yet?

XxMastagunzxX
08-09-2009, 10:39 PM
I did not ban you.

ZERO
08-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Unbanned :wtg: