PDA

View Full Version : New Hack

ZERO
08-14-2009, 05:56 AM
I believe there is a new hack out that allows a user to uber lag the server forcing it to require a manual reboot. If you start to see it get really laggy you may be able to get a reboot off in time if you bind a key to the rcon command.

Otherwise there is nothing that can be done until it is patched. I will try to install some upgraded security mods and 24 hour automated demo recording this weekend to help catch the people doing it. I will also get into contact with developers to ensure that a patch and cause can be found. Hopefully a fix could be available as soon as Monday. For now I am off to bed...

๖ReS
08-14-2009, 10:19 AM
All of our admins should know that command by heart.

ma_rcon _restart

If you do bind it however, dont bind it to like C or F or some shit.

Bind it to \ or something very very far away from your hands...

Oasis
08-14-2009, 10:42 AM
all of our admins should know that command by heart.

Ma_rcon_restart

if you do bind it however, dont bind it to like c or f or some shit.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

-=NYS=- C.O.
08-14-2009, 10:54 AM
I really don't think binding it is a good idea. Even though it can be an odd key but one of you might rage and slam on the keyboard.

Jeimuzu
08-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Agreed.

Christmas
08-14-2009, 12:25 PM
I don't see the point in binding it considering it doesn't take that long to type and you won't use it enough for a bind to be useful.

TheLittlestHobo
08-14-2009, 12:26 PM
just type it.

And to correct you, Res, it's ma_rcon _restart. Not ma_rcon_restart. Note the space between rcon and _restart.

๖ReS
08-14-2009, 12:54 PM
just type it.

And to correct you, Res, it's ma_rcon _restart. Not ma_rcon_restart. Note the space between rcon and _restart.

My post was correct...

๖ReS
08-14-2009, 12:56 PM
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Go back to /b/ you fag.

Double Post D:

ZERO
08-14-2009, 04:51 PM
All of our admins should know that command by heart.

ma_rcon_restart

If you do bind it however, dont bind it to like C or F or some shit.

Incorrect command, it is ma_rcon _restart *note the space after the ma_rcon you see _restart is the command it is not all one word. :smirk:

TheLittlestHobo
08-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Incase you guys didnt see my post the first time. Here's ZER0's post. LOL. It explains exactly the same thing.

๖ReS
08-14-2009, 07:17 PM
lolwut.

wow that's kind of stupid...

I apologize I'll edit my post D:

PoopyPenis
08-26-2009, 04:53 PM
On my server over at OCS the other Server Administrator (other than myself I mean) wrote a script that blocks a lot of these Lag Exploits via ES. I'll see if I can't get a copy for ya ZERO.