PDA

View Full Version : How to restart server

ZERO
08-19-2009, 03:13 PM
I know that some admins have been trying to restart the zm server in the event of the gravity breaking via crashing it. They attempt to crash it by setting the gravity to a negative value. This however does not actually crash it but simply lags it into the next dimension and takes all the other servers with it as it opens up a black hole of doom in the memory, until it runs out and then finally crashes after a significant amount of time.

To alleviate this problem and to allow admins to restart the server when needed please use the following command: ma_rcon _restart

ma_rcon _restart
The _restart command will crash the server as soon as it is entered. This way it will restart via the auto crash detection immediately. Admins that abuse this power will have rcon powers taken away and or will be perma banned from all servers. The restart command should only be used in a situation where the server physics are broken and map switching nor switching around sv_turbophysics along with other possible cvars does not fix the problem. :wtg:

inthebutt
08-19-2009, 10:46 PM
lets say an admin does decide to abuse this power and a bunch of us admins are on ZM, how do we tell who executed the command?? or do we have to come in here and post about it??

TheLittlestHobo
08-25-2009, 11:45 AM
I believe ZERO has the logs of all admins and what commands they use.

matrixninja
11-16-2009, 04:31 PM
I know that some admins have been trying to restart the zm server in the event of the gravity breaking via crashing it. They attempt to crash it by setting the gravity to a negative value. This however does not actually crash it but simply lags it into the next dimension and takes all the other servers with it as it opens up a black hole of doom in the memory, until it runs out and then finally crashes after a significant amount of time.

To alleviate this problem and to allow admins to restart the server when needed please use the following command: ma_rcon _restart

ma_rcon _restart
The _restart command will crash the server as soon as it is entered. This way it will restart via the auto crash detection immediately. Admins that abuse this power will have rcon powers taken away and or will be perma banned from all servers. The restart command should only be used in a situation where the server physics are broken and map switching nor switching around sv_turbophysics along with other possible cvars does not fix the problem. :wtg:

Thanks,Zero

DeadEyeDeNNi$
12-15-2009, 09:49 PM
GG is going bonkers and I was asked to come into it to restart it. There have been issues all day as I was there earlier.

I tried the ma_rcon_restart command and it would't work. Can you plz rectify this?

Thanks

DED

anex
12-15-2009, 10:11 PM
I tried the ma_rcon_restart command and it would't work. Can you plz rectify this?

Hey dude try this ma_rcon _restart...

TheLittlestHobo
12-16-2009, 07:18 PM
It's ma_rcon _restart

* Note the space between "ma_rcon" and "_restart"

๖ReS
12-16-2009, 08:14 PM
It's ma_rcon _restart

* Note the space between "ma_rcon" and "_restart"

This is true.

I love you hobo. <33

Kestrel452
09-22-2010, 05:15 PM
We voted on low grav, and the low grav won't shut off. Tried switching maps and it still did not fix it. Tried entering "sv_gravity 800" but apparently i cant enter an "rcon" command. Please help!

acolyte_to_jippity
09-22-2010, 05:18 PM
We voted on low grav, and the low grav won't shut off. Tried switching maps and it still did not fix it. Tried entering "sv_gravity 800" but apparently i cant enter an "rcon" command. Please help!

don't fuck w/ gravity. simple? yes

Kestrel452
09-22-2010, 05:30 PM
don't fuck w/ gravity. simple? yes

Then should that option be removed from the admin commands list.

mag36
09-24-2010, 12:52 AM
That has been mentioned to zero about changing some of the many commands and i think the actual gravity for the server is set to 780 or 720 .... Don think its set to default

anex
09-25-2010, 06:05 AM

ma_rcon sv_gravity 800

Also don't fuck with gravity. It is a good way to either get your rcon or admin taken away. You didn't know, obviously, but now you do. Don't let us catch you guys messing with gravity in the servers.

XxMastagunzxX
09-25-2010, 11:37 PM
ma_rcon sv_gravity 800

Also don't fuck with gravity. It is a good way to either get your rcon or admin taken away. You didn't know, obviously, but now you do. Don't let us catch you guys messing with gravity in the servers.

I remember the good 'ol days when we used the gravity to crash/restart the server LOL!

anex
09-26-2010, 01:11 AM
I remember the good 'ol days when we used the gravity to crash/restart the server LOL!

Haha. Fucken trying to run away from zombies with gravity at -99999. :lmao:

ThA_DeAgLiZeR
11-12-2012, 03:03 PM
regarding our recent crashes...
I don't know if its dust2 when we first start up that keeps crashing it but after the sv_restart a map change seems to fix it immediately... did any other admins find this true? :reddot:

brett friggin favre
11-12-2012, 03:55 PM
nice 2 year necro bud.

Steamer
11-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Chikun.... Do your work please. :icon_mrgreen:

Meltdown
11-12-2012, 04:57 PM
nice 2 year necro bud.

your sig, it turns me on

ZERO
11-12-2012, 05:31 PM

Bane of Soldiers
11-12-2012, 06:06 PM
regarding our recent crashes...
I don't know if its dust2 when we first start up that keeps crashing it but after the sv_restart a map change seems to fix it immediately... did any other admins find this true? :reddot:
Yes, you aren't the first admin to do this. Many do, in fact.
The bigger achievement, here, is your 2 year necro.

anddd Acchi Kocchi :smirk:

ThA_DeAgLiZeR
11-13-2012, 11:21 AM
thanks! im just new to admin and tryna make it work :) #menoob