PDA

View Full Version : Separate zm escape only server with no fast zombies?

Kavinsky
09-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Yes or no

Holy-Sonic
09-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Yes or no

yes because its GG if fast zombies are allowed and it gets annoying.
:wtg:

Jeimuzu
09-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Whoever voted no needs to be slapped.

Christmas
09-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Why isn't there an "indifferent" option?

THE HOLY SH**T!
09-08-2009, 02:34 PM
No. Get good.

weeman2412
09-08-2009, 02:36 PM
No, the ZM server is vacant as hell.. Splitting the population in half right now is a bad idea.. and making a new server would just double the cost for Zero (he loves his money)

ZERO
09-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Future release of zm will have the ability to remove fast zombies on escape maps. Cold has already confirmed this. Hopefully he is working on it now and will support it in the next release.

mastercheff
09-08-2009, 03:14 PM
well ya but some people hate escape maps

Mallissin
09-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Why don't we just make a "Fun" server and a "cesspool of rank whores" server.

You can call the "Fun" server the "escape" server, as in escaping the egotripping control freaks who can't let loose and enjoy themselves instead of hiding on spec when we go to a map they don't like, or get themselves tagged on purpose for easy kills, or jump spec when they're behind a barricade with someone they don't like.

Meanwhile, the "barricade" server will have a layer of vile and anger protecting the same 7-8 faces from the horde of newbies they so despise (yet need to plump their rank up). But after awhile it will only be those 7-8 faces, because no one would bother playing the same 4 maps all the fucking time when everyone's in an impossible spot to take. Then those 7-8 people will get bored and come to the "escape" server to do the same cheap shit they've always done to screw others over and trump up their rank.

On second thought, it would save a lot of time to just reset the ranks, since that's what will happen anyway if the server was split.

So, I vote No.

yours' truely
09-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I voted yes... but I think there should be an 'indifferent' choice in it.

While I hate and dispise ZE's, I don't mind them in the rotation everyonce in a while. It's when ZE's get voted on for 3 maps in a row that makes me change servers. Definately remove fast zombies from ZE's.

ZM only server? great idea, but would have to really get people to vote and discuss which maps should be cut from teh line up. I'm not suggesting to cut them now, but cut a few when a few new maps get put up so there's still a nice number of maps to choose from.

Holy-Sonic
09-08-2009, 05:45 PM
this might be stupid but make it like scheduled hours that we play ZE only or something like that

๖ReS
09-08-2009, 05:50 PM
this might be stupid but make it like scheduled hours that we play ZE only or something like that

Yeah that's pretty fucking stupid.

walterbrunswick
09-08-2009, 05:51 PM
well ya but some people hate escape maps

Do you realize how fucking boring it is CONSTANTLY playing cading maps?

One...

After another...

After the third...

After the fourth...

Hours passing...

Time slowing down...

Same old, same old...

... NO!

VARIETY IS THE BEST!

It's nice to be able to run a few times, and then kick back and relax in a cold damp dark basement room without a beer with a bunch of retards who don't understand the logic of building structures?

Yeah, good times.

Kavinsky
09-08-2009, 06:10 PM
how many times a day do we play titanic escape, mines of moria, space station and all the numerious escape maps on the server? hardly ever.

Division of the ze and zm maps is the best possible thing to have hapen right now, especally considering the server is crashing like fuck and we never really go to escape maps anymore walter, I'd like to play spacestation, titanic or mount doom but no one else wants to, and atleast it would give us a place to go when the main zm server crashes besides the pub.

mastercheff
09-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Why don't we just make a "Fun" server and a "cesspool of rank whores" server.

You can call the "Fun" server the "escape" server, as in escaping the egotripping control freaks who can't let loose and enjoy themselves instead of hiding on spec when we go to a map they don't like, or get themselves tagged on purpose for easy kills, or jump spec when they're behind a barricade with someone they don't like.

Meanwhile, the "barricade" server will have a layer of vile and anger protecting the same 7-8 faces from the horde of newbies they so despise (yet need to plump their rank up). But after awhile it will only be those 7-8 faces, because no one would bother playing the same 4 maps all the fucking time when everyone's in an impossible spot to take. Then those 7-8 people will get bored and come to the "escape" server to do the same cheap shit they've always done to screw others over and trump up their rank.

On second thought, it would save a lot of time to just reset the ranks, since that's what will happen anyway if the server was split.

So, I vote No.

QQ nub cake

THE HOLY SH**T!
09-08-2009, 06:22 PM
how many times a day do we play titanic escape, mines of moria, space station and all the numerious escape maps on the server? hardly ever.

Division of the ze and zm maps is the best possible thing to have hapen right now, especally considering the server is crashing like fuck and we never really go to escape maps anymore walter, I'd like to play spacestation, titanic or mount doom but no one else wants to, and atleast it would give us a place to go when the main zm server crashes besides the pub.

i love ESCAPE maps. There should be a certain ranking system in escapes so then rank whorers.... can get there rank up even without getting kills.

Surviving hard escape maps should be like the same as a knife kill. Others like Atix should be the same as a nade kill.

This will help people support escape maps. There is a few flaws with this but i think that we chould make some rules to fit it.

So zer0, is it possible to make a mod as i describe?

Kavinsky
09-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Hell any incentive to survive the round without getting turned rather than get kills would be welcome on an escape, the less people that survive the more points you get.

THE HOLY SH**T!
09-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Hell any incentive to survive the round without getting turned rather than get kills would be welcome on an escape, the less people that survive the more points you get.

see this is good, keep building on this !

yours' truely
09-08-2009, 10:38 PM
actually, like i said, I hate escape maps.

but Walter has a point. The server needs to retain it's variety.

Really the only problem with our ZE's right now, besides server side bugs, is the fast zombies. Once we figure out how to restrict fast zombie from only ZE's then they will be more playable.

I would like to suggest that, if able, lower the map rotation timer on ZE's so you only have to suffer, maybe, 3 rounds.

Christmas
09-09-2009, 03:58 PM

Which will mean that rounds will last 5 minutes on an escape because someone is hiding in a corner and all the rest of the zombies are running around either trying to find the human or just fuck around cause they don't care.

Pass.

PRI.Jordan.PRI
09-09-2009, 04:12 PM
fast zombie still in cade map :O if not my vote is a big fat No*:violin:

walterbrunswick
09-09-2009, 05:31 PM
After reading Mallissin's comment...

I really think we need to get rid of rank. These rank whores fuck up gameplay bigtime.

I can name some names but I won't do that here.

Get rid of rank, the server will be a lot more fun. Sure you're still going to have your fair share of tube whores, but they won't matter anymore as much.

TheLittlestHobo
09-09-2009, 11:55 PM
After reading Mallissin's comment...

I really think we need to get rid of rank. These rank whores fuck up gameplay bigtime.

I can name some names but I won't do that here.

Get rid of rank, the server will be a lot more fun. Sure you're still going to have your fair share of tube whores, but they won't matter anymore as much.

It's okay, Walter. I'll take the fall for this one. :D

Jeimuzu
09-11-2009, 06:32 AM
Well, I suggested to Zero before to add the in game rank to see if it would cause players to want to play more.. It did. But now, people have gotten too serious about it.

Kavinsky
09-14-2009, 02:22 AM
Zero when is the next release of zmod coming out?
and when you come right down to it the pred xp would be a good basis for a redo of the fast class.