PDA

View Full Version : Zmod theme: do you want to stick with the hl2 music, get the old one back or...

Kavinsky
09-08-2009, 07:23 PM
wait for zero to implement the new interactive one hes working on which will consist of two themes, one pre zombie spawn, one post spawn, similar to what they do in the hitman series when your cover is fine and when its blown and the ballers come out.

heres what the old one was by the way for people new to zmod:
x8FhcOHXa-M

ZERO
09-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Actually the current one is interactive just that all the music is the stock sounds from hl2. What I plan to do soon is add a large mix of custom music to it so that you will have other sounds/music in addition to what you already have. I could even break up the old long music file into smaller pieces that activate based on gameplay.

Kavinsky
09-08-2009, 09:53 PM
that breaking up the old music into the new stuff sounds cool, I just miss that horror feel that old music gave me when I was the last one left and the tempo kicked in during the last 30 seconds or so while i waited to see If I surived or got tagged at the last second.

but at the begining or the round and the middle it did seem a little redundant, so maybe have the new stuff play most of the duration of the round till theres only one left and then the old music kicks in to ramp up the tension.

Mallissin
09-08-2009, 09:58 PM
All of it is stock HL2 music? I recognize one of the songs from the Longest Journey sequel, not HL2. In any case, I like it what's on the server already. Resident Evil music tends to be electronic music, which isn't what I think of along side zombies.

THE HOLY SH**T!
09-08-2009, 10:11 PM
just bring the old music back, it is so much better. The hl2 crap gets anoying and makes me think of 2 gay guys doing areobics.

old music please FTW !

Kavinsky
09-08-2009, 10:30 PM
most of Kelly Bailey music is electronic (the composer of hl2, portal ep1 and ep2) and if cut properly it could work

I wasn't talking about the resident evil game series music just that particular movie theme I posted looped to last 6 or so minutes.

Jeimuzu
09-11-2009, 06:25 AM
I say just wait for Zero to pick out new interactive music. Hopefully it won't be limited to just one type of music. As you can tell from the music thread Getcha started, not all of us agree on a music type. If anything, I hope there's a command to turn off the music if need be.

Christmas
09-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Saw music for zm!

Saw music for zm!

Breezy
09-11-2009, 04:41 PM
wait for zero to implement the new interactive one hes working on which will consist of two themes, one pre zombie spawn, one post spawn, similar to what they do in the hitman series when your cover is fine and when its blown and the ballers come out.

heres what the old one was by the way for people new to zmod:
x8FhcOHXa-M

I, as I have agent 47 in my in game name, LOVE THAT IDEA. Plus, the hl2 music pisses me off, please get rid of it.

Jeimuzu
09-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Saw music would be nice. It is pretty epic.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/233849

Christmas
09-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Saw music would be nice. It is pretty epic.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/233849

That is pretty epic.

Seriously though check out the soundtrack for the first saw movie. There is some great ambient music that could be used.

Christmas
09-11-2009, 11:28 PM
When you are the last human:
__4r7DIO9do
Standard:
Ag7TO3dgSGE

๖ReS
09-12-2009, 09:27 PM
__4r7DIO9do
Standard:
Ag7TO3dgSGE

Oh my fucking god, those are PERFECT.

Though the "Last Human" One should be cut up a bit in the beginning so it gets more intense faster, because the beginning is kind of calm, kinda like the standard.

+ over 9,000

-=NYS=- C.O.
09-15-2009, 11:12 AM
__4r7DIO9do
Standard:
Ag7TO3dgSGE

I have to say this music gits well with ZM. Good Choice there Ol' Chap !

ZERO
09-15-2009, 03:44 PM
I can only dl the flv file this does not help me get the mp3. If you can post the mp3s then I can add them...

Christmas
09-15-2009, 06:20 PM
I can only dl the flv file this does not help me get the mp3. If you can post the mp3s then I can add them...

Give me a minute. I'll try to edit the first one so that it is more intense at the beginning.

Christmas
09-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Standard Music
http://rapidshare.com/files/280639166/ZM.mp3.html

Last Human
http://rapidshare.com/files/280639788/Last_Human.mp3.html

Enjoy.:icon_mrgreen:

-=NYS=- C.O.
09-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Standard Music
http://rapidshare.com/files/280639166/ZM.mp3.html

Last Human
http://rapidshare.com/files/280639788/Last_Human.mp3.html

Enjoy.:icon_mrgreen:

Did i ever tell you that I like you like you. I like some people but I like you like you. :icon_mrgreen:

๖ReS
09-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Did i ever tell you that I like you like you. I like some people but I like you like you. :icon_mrgreen:

:O

Christmas, are you having an affair with CO ?

BASTARD.

*storms out*

Christmas
09-15-2009, 07:42 PM

Awww how sweet! :icon_mrgreen:

ZERO
09-15-2009, 10:17 PM
I did not get a chance to add those two in this update but they will be included in the future. However I am worried about making the downloads too long so perhaps I will remove some of the ones I added and replace them with these in the future. Currently I just added over 100mb of new music to the server! Luckily with the fast dl it only takes 45 seconds but that is still a significant time for first time players when you add all the other downloads... well as people get better connections the dl speed will increase b/c I have the bandwidth to give what ever anyone can take on the server end :wtg:

Jeimuzu
09-16-2009, 10:29 AM
I think some of the music might be in the wrong place. I opened up the file after downloading all the songs, and some of the slower songs were in with the fast.

But yeah, thanks for the new music Zero.

Are you taking suggestions for music to add to the server? My music mostly consists of things that would go well with video games, and I have no trouble editing any of them to fit accordingly.

If so, I'll grab the most fitting music I have and upload them all at once to megaupload.