PDA

View Full Version : Ban the use of pump Shotguns in vents and crawlspaces?

Kavinsky
09-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I just got to thinking that its just kind of super cheap that a pump shotgun in a vent or crawlspace can launch a zombie 50 feet back and with a bunch of people backing the shotguners up with m249s theres really no way to get at them.

if it was just guys with m249s you can get atleast get at them when they reload so why not just ban the use of that particular shotgun in crawlspaces but not the auto since it doesn't knock them back that far and cause that much damage.

THE HOLY SH**T!
09-08-2009, 10:48 PM
stop makeing these votes ! make 1 big forum post....

JESUS.

no don't ban that...that's just stupid.

There's many pussy things that i can come out with.

yours' truely
09-08-2009, 10:52 PM
indifferent, b/c you only put options that support your arguement.

it would really be too hard to enforce and to constantly tell new players not to do that.

I like the pump shotty in small places. I don't use it, but it really makes it a challenge for zombie to get in there. I like that zombies have to communicate and plan a Z-Train to get in there to sex you up.

Christmas
09-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Wow.

It's called a fucking zombie train.

Also, your poll options are horrible. It's either I want the shotguns banned in some capacity, or I don't care if they are?

YOU KEEP MISSING OPTIONS IN THE POLLS!

walterbrunswick
09-08-2009, 11:09 PM
I definitely agree with Kavinsky.

Ban shotguns in crawlspaces.

Vladninja
09-08-2009, 11:15 PM
no don't ban that...that's just stupid.

For real get some FUCKING SKILLS... and stop banning everything that gives this game any challenge. LoL back when I playd I was warned by an admin for going into a tube alone with a pump shotty. This is exactly why I dont play ZM anymore.

How about this...
Ban all weapons... and cading in any matter... just run around in circles till everyone gets tagged.

Seriously are you the same poeple that dont want letter grades in schools or scores on sports games cause then people might feel bad? I heard the rumors but I didnt think you people actually fucking exsisted I thought it was just a joke.

walterbrunswick
09-08-2009, 11:34 PM
@ Vladninja

What is it with you? I thought you were an alright guy. Maybe it's just that you don't play ZM enough?

I've played with Kavinsky a lot more recently than with you, and I absolutely agree with him that shotguns in *vents* (that is, spaces with a few feet of crawlspace, not necessarily a short 1-man tube spot) is cheap.

Perhaps you should spend more time in ZM to be able to give opinions that actually reflect practical gameplay?

As I recall, shotguns and automatic weapons were not allowed in GS-ZM vents (such as the vent space on snoopie), and for good reason.

Vladninja
09-08-2009, 11:56 PM
@ Vladninja

What is it with you? I thought you were an alright guy. Maybe it's just that you don't play ZM enough?

I've played with Kavinsky a lot more recently than with you, and I absolutely agree with him that shotguns in *vents* (that is, spaces with a few feet of crawlspace, not necessarily a short 1-man tube spot) is cheap.

Perhaps you should spend more time in ZM to be able to give opinions that actually reflect practical gameplay?

As I recall, shotguns and automatic weapons were not allowed in GS-ZM vents (such as the vent space on snoopie), and for good reason.

LoL... sorry walter but your wrong about GS-ZM... no weapon were banned anywhere... we didnt take those weapons into vents cause we enjoyed the challenge. We also didnt ban any cadaing spaces. I even got to use the Magnum sniper... lol.

I think my time in the IBIS ZM server speaks for itself (even if I havent playd in a while I have more time under my belt than 70% of the kids you play with every night) and its all the banning of weapons and spots... and general harrassment from noob admins that made me move on. Maybe one day if everyone grows up and things get more like the were in the old days I might comeback and play some ZM but for now I will stick to GG, Pub, and Wcs. I got nothing personal with Kavinsky but hes posted 4 polls already about changing ZM.

Good luck with all that...

walterbrunswick
09-09-2009, 12:27 AM
I got nothing personal with Kavinsky but hes posted 4 polls already about changing ZM.

Good luck with all that...

Given, he does bitch a LOT, he does have some good points.

In any case, nothing is going to be done about this, so it's a moot point.

Just passing time...

yours' truely
09-09-2009, 03:40 AM
How about this...
Ban all weapons... and cading in any matter... just run around in circles till everyone gets tagged.
wait, we're making a duck duck Goose server? I'm so fucking down for that, when can we expect it?

TheLittlestHobo
09-09-2009, 09:08 AM
I would vote against this one because shotguns are extremely easy to counter if zombies are smart and coordinated enough to do a ZOMBIE TRAIN. Once you get a fast inside the tube/crawlspace with another right behind it, it's a done deal. The pump is not fast enough for a second shot at the fast.

Again, I voted "indifferent" as a way of saying "Allow shotguns in tubes/vents"

Kavinsky
09-09-2009, 12:57 PM
it just seems ridiculous that if you get within 2 feet of a cade with a pump shotgun that you lose a shitload of health from it AND get knocked back 50 feet and it gets even worse if your trying to get someone in a crawlspace.

I Mean theres a reason that after seeing the cade with a pump shotgun and getting hit once that the people playing the zombies just start to go screw about with the physics engine instead of going after the remaining humans.

I don't know maybe the regen of health needs to be increased on zombies to deal with the damage most of the weapons do, especially when dealing with a pump shotgun camper, even if you ztrain him you typically lose atleast one of the trainers if not the whole train if your health is low enough.

and a ztrain with noobs is just a clusterfuck of people standing on each others heads while they lose massive amounts of health from the shotgunner.

although I do agree that enforcing this roule would be a pain in the ass, but it seems like for the last minute and a half of any cading map if you've heald out most people just wont even bother going after you anymore.

Christmas
09-09-2009, 02:06 PM
it just seems ridiculous that if you get within 2 feet of a cade with a pump shotgun that you lose a shitload of health from it AND get knocked back 50 feet and it gets even worse if your trying to get someone in a crawlspace.

I Mean theres a reason that after seeing the cade with a pump shotgun and getting hit once that the people playing the zombies just start to go screw about with the physics engine instead of going after the remaining humans.

I don't know maybe the regen of health needs to be increased on zombies to deal with the damage most of the weapons do, especially when dealing with a pump shotgun camper, even if you ztrain him you typically lose atleast one of the trainers if not the whole train if your health is low enough.

and a ztrain with noobs is just a clusterfuck of people standing on each others heads while they lose massive amounts of health from the shotgunner.

although I do agree that enforcing this roule would be a pain in the ass, but it seems like for the last minute and a half of any cading map if you've heald out most people just wont even bother going after you anymore.

Not everything is supposed to be easy. I also find this confusing since I see you tube A LOT with a shotgun or para.

It is fine as long as people know what they are doing.

Pink
09-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Why cant I vote no...

yours' truely
09-11-2009, 12:33 AM
opinion about the Para?

I get the general idea that lots of people lookdown upon the use of the para. I use it every time, but b/c i like to set up my lil fail-cades and often i'm alone or don't know what I'm doing so I need speed. I use the deagle or duelies to kill Z's, but para to help keep them away or set up my fail-cades.

TheLittlestHobo
09-11-2009, 12:39 AM
Two people in a 2-person tube, that knows what they are doing, can undoubtedly be unstoppable (assuming ammunition isn't an issue). You can bring that up instead as a debate.

๖ReS
09-12-2009, 05:12 PM
For real get some FUCKING SKILLS... and stop banning everything that gives this game any challenge. LoL back when I playd I was warned by an admin for going into a tube alone with a pump shotty. This is exactly why I dont play ZM anymore.

How about this...

Seriously are you the same poeple that dont want letter grades in schools or scores on sports games cause then people might feel bad? I heard the rumors but I didnt think you people actually fucking exsisted I thought it was just a joke.

This post, made me giggle.

mastercheff
09-12-2009, 05:23 PM
stop rank whoring kavinsky sheesh

Mallissin
09-12-2009, 05:52 PM
I think Kavinsky has gone a little too Pro-Zombie.

Someone should check his pulse!

walterbrunswick
09-12-2009, 05:58 PM
I think Kavinsky has gone a little too Pro-Zombie.

Someone should check his pulse!

It's called "fair gameplay," Mallissin. I.e., balance.

Christmas
09-12-2009, 08:16 PM
It's called "fair gameplay," Mallissin. I.e., balance.

If you don't know how to zombie train that is your own problem.

Jeimuzu
09-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Shotguns can usually be trained pretty easily. If your going to ban them, you might as well ban the para.

Christmas
09-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Shotguns can usually be trained pretty easily. If your going to ban them, you might as well ban the para.

Bingo. Para plus shotgun in a tube or vent is virtually unstoppable.

Pink
09-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Its fair imo... I would vote wtf who made this poll.

Kavinsky
09-14-2009, 03:37 AM
the pump shotgun does incredible damage to anyone trying to get close, as much as an awp shot to the head, which is why I think its an unfair weapon, I mean a shitload of damage AND you get knocked back 50 feet just seems unfair.

If the regen rate of the zombies was increased so that you wound't be knocked out of action for essentally the whole round if you valued your life and the kickback of the pump was reduced I wouldn't have any issues with it, but even with a two man ztrain its impossible to get at them if they have a pump shotgun.

Christmas
09-14-2009, 12:05 PM
the pump shotgun does incredible damage to anyone trying to get close, as much as an awp shot to the head, which is why I think its an unfair weapon, I mean a shitload of damage AND you get knocked back 50 feet just seems unfair.

If the regen rate of the zombies was increased so that you wound't be knocked out of action for essentally the whole round if you valued your life and the kickback of the pump was reduced I wouldn't have any issues with it, but even with a two man ztrain its impossible to get at them if they have a pump shotgun.

No it's not.

Jeimuzu
09-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Last night on Winter Complex there was someone in the tube with a pump shotgun, I was able to run and parachute/glide in and nearly tag him twice, but after I missed (because it was late, and I was tried) he started to prefire, and I had too low of hp to try it again. But I know I can get them, because I have before.

lukeydukey
09-14-2009, 01:35 PM
I don't see why that would be necessary. I can already destroy in a crawlspace with a tmp. if anything i've found pump shotties to be more fail than other guns esp with a z train, since you don't do damage to the people behind the 1st guy. (yes the 1st guy will probably die, but if coordinated properly they can be easily rolled...Now that's fucking teamwork...)

mag36
09-15-2009, 01:05 AM
I just got to thinking that its just kind of super cheap that a pump shotgun in a vent or crawlspace can launch a zombie 50 feet back and with a bunch of people backing the shotguners up with m249s theres really no way to get at them.

if it was just guys with m249s you can get atleast get at them when they reload so why not just ban the use of that particular shotgun in crawlspaces but not the auto since it doesn't knock them back that far and cause that much damage.

Kavinsky I understand your frustration but at the same time you have to pick your weapon and get to that vent/crawlspace before you get tagged and then hope that one of your teammates doesn't become one.

And if you good at zm chances are your not going to get turned and have to fight in the vents/crawlspace. Banning a specific weapon and area would be impossible to enforce just like fast on escape maps.

If you have a real problem with it why don't you try asking to limit ammo on weapons that are almost impossible to cade with like shotguns

Kavinsky
09-15-2009, 03:14 AM
personally I'd just like the pump shotgun to be restricted like the awp and autosnipers for the same reason they are, it just does too much damage and breaks up gameplay.

its not a challenge going up aganst someone with a pump shotgun its a matter of stupidity and luck unlike all the other guns in zmod.

Christmas
09-15-2009, 08:07 AM
personally I'd just like the pump shotgun to be restricted like the awp and autosnipers for the same reason they are, it just does too much damage and breaks up gameplay.

its not a challenge going up aganst someone with a pump shotgun its a matter of stupidity and luck unlike all the other guns in zmod.

It really doesn't.

And it is a challenge.

You are overrating the shotgun here.

Rapedollar$
09-15-2009, 08:28 AM
despite zm being an overall noobfest, there are rare occasions where skill is involved. kavinsky, please figure out how you can learn this skill so we dont have to look at any of your retarded and heavily opinionated polls.

thank you,

RapeDollar$

Kavinsky
09-15-2009, 05:28 PM
so much for trying make the game fucking fair, less tedious, boring and more fun ya fucking asshole.

Death
09-15-2009, 05:55 PM

Dude the shotgun is meant for close combat and u cant even use an awp in the zm server anyways...and if u train the guy when hes in a vent u fuck can easily fuck his ass up and the shotty is weak when far away

Christmas
09-15-2009, 06:19 PM
so much for trying make the game fucking fair, less tedious, boring and more fun ya fucking asshole.

The shotgun doesn't make the game unfair.

You are virtually the only person who thinks it is a cheap weapon.

Death
09-15-2009, 06:35 PM

And if u wanna make it fair, make ur poll less ban, ban, ban .....indifferent

walterbrunswick
09-19-2009, 12:35 PM
The shotgun doesn't make the game unfair.

You are virtually the only person who thinks it is a cheap weapon.

Kavinsky is right in this case. It really is cheap.

Christmas
09-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Kavinsky is right in this case. It really is cheap.

No it isn't.

It's called a zombie train. Ever heard of it Walt?

Breezy
09-19-2009, 02:38 PM
There's no vote no, so I'm not even going to bother reading any of this thread, give everyone a chance to vote. If you did, you may have had my vote for no, but I say yes.

yours' truely
09-21-2009, 10:50 AM
It's called a zombie train. the correct internet term is Z-TRAIN

learn to type right ont he internets!!!!!

walterbrunswick
09-21-2009, 11:36 AM
the correct internet term is Z-TRAIN

learn to type right ont he internets!!!!!

Is this supposed to be an oxymoron?

yours' truely
09-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Is this supposed to be an oxymoron?
words of wisdom that i give freely. RECOGNIZE!!

Fish
09-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Shotguns are easy to train against, or get people as a team. The pump inbetween shots is what makes them vulnerable.

Kavinsky
09-26-2009, 01:08 AM
just had a better idea, just restrict the amount of shotguns to one or two so we dont have half the team using them along with the m249.

Christmas
09-26-2009, 12:58 PM
just had a better idea, just restrict the amount of shotguns to one or two so we dont have half the team using them along with the m249.

No. If half the team uses pumps then half the team won't be able to make their own cade.

And one miss with the shotgun and you are screwed. It is not a rigged weapon.

walterbrunswick
09-26-2009, 03:16 PM
No. If half the team uses pumps then half the team won't be able to make their own cade.

And one miss with the shotgun and you are screwed. It is not a rigged weapon.

Good thing CS:S doesn't have chainsaws, otherwise half the team would die of asphyxiation in the ventilation systems.

yed
09-27-2009, 05:33 AM
You guys just need to learn to not suck with zombies. If you were pro with a fast zombie, you'd just jump+crouch into there and eat some faces.

Damion
11-30-2009, 11:18 PM
I only have a problem with pumps when they are used to prolong life on ze maps while failing the objective. If someone is decent enough to hold zombies off with a pump in a crawl space, more power to them. The point I mean to make is that it is not an "unbreakable cade" or spot, rather an unbreakable player :)

Most maps give limited crawl space, and if you have too many people, you are bound to get tagged. So there is a balance in place between the length of the vent and the number of people who can be in that spot.