PDA

View Full Version : Official ZM map settings thread

ZERO
09-26-2009, 05:51 PM
NOTICE: PLEASE POST IN THE MAPS SECTION WITH A THREAD STARTING [CONFIGURE]
http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27

All configuration changes are now handled in that section.

Below is a list of things you can request to be configured:

parachutes: on or off
noblock: on or off
Respawn: on or off
Zombies: maximum number of random zombies that can be spawned at the start of a game (2 default)
knockback: can be reduced as a % of original
speed cap: this can slow the fast zombies down but only 1/2 works
reduce speed: this slows down all the zombies it is done by a % of original speed, currently this is done on all escape maps along with the above option
health: zombies health can be changed as a % of original, effects all zombies
teleport: first zombie is telephoned
physics: this is altered on every ze map that I install to allow moving objects to work. If moving objects are not working or if physics are messed up request this to be changed.
Zombie Spawn time: Do zombies need to start later or sooner?

*************DO NOT READ BELOW OLD DATA*************

Please list maps that you would like to have the settings changed on. For example enable or disable parachutes noblock ect.

Please use the following format:

Map Name: zm_example
Enable: noblock
Disable: nothing
Change: Reduce zombie speed, reduce health
Reason: Humans keep getting blocked at point x and the zombies always win. If no block were enabled the humans could get up the ladders at the start of the map. If the zombies where slower and weaker they humans could have a better chance to escape.

By using this simple format it will help me know what maps need settings changed and what the problems are. Below is a list of things I can change and some explanations:

Zombies: maximum number of random zombies that can be spawned at the start of a game (2 default)
reduce speed: this slows down all the zombies it is done by a % of original speed, currently this is done on all escape maps along with the above option
physics: this is altered on every ze map that I install to allow moving objects to work. If moving objects are not working or if physics are messed up request this to be changed.

anex
09-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Map Name: ze_rooftop_runaway (all versions)

parachutes: off

REASON: People and zombies can parachute to the end from the first building at spawn, bypassing all obstacles.

Map Name: ze_winter zm_marioescape

noblock: yes

REASON: We all get stuck in the first tube portal also too many people only 2 small entrances.

Map Name: ze_deathstar_escape, zm_spacestationflee_v2_fix (and zz), ze_trainescape_b3,ze_jurassicpark_v2

noblock: yes (deathstar and jurassicpark only)
speed cap: Fast zombies
health: Fast zombies 50% health

REASON: Even though we try to enforce "No Fast Zombies" on that map people still choose it and sometimes we don't catch them and screw all the humans in the map over. Making them slower and giving them lower health will give humans more of a change for survival.

Map Name: zm_atix_helicopter

teleport: Spawn

REASON: Zombie spawns in the middle of 20 people waiting at the spot for the helicopter and everyone dies. Its labeled as a zm but its a ze.

Map Name: ze_icecave_escape_v2c

noblock: on
speed cap: Fast zombies 50%
teleport: Make spawn time for zombie longer

REASON: Zombies spawn to quick and we barely make it to the second obstacle before the zombies tags us all. Also at the end, zombies can parachute and bypass the last obstacle that they need to go through in order to get to the humans.

Map Name: ze_elevator_escape

speed cap: Fast Zombies

REASON: Can actually beat humans to the end. People can glitch others out of the elevator by standing on their heads. Noblock would eliminate the "Admin so and so is on my head!"

ZERO
09-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Note that the health reduction is for all zombies.

anex
09-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Scheisse, I guess just speed caps then.

Jeimuzu
09-27-2009, 09:31 PM
*Cracks fingers.* Let's see..

zm_ATIX_helicopter

zombie spawn teleport
disable ztele

reasons: Zombies will spawn in the middle of dozens of people, dooming them all. People enjoy building cades on this map, many wish that it was just solely a cade map, but zombies can teleport into almost any room.

zm_roy_the_ship

parachute: off

reason: Takes literally no time for a zombie to parachute into windows, where as before they would fall off most of the time. This makes it nearly impossible for humans to survive in what was one of the best barricade maps.

zm_spacestationflee_v2_fix

reason: The same old usual reason.. It causes people to die because of blocking.

ze_jurassicpark_v2

speed cap: fast zombies

reason: fast zombies can completely pass you and get to the end way before humans.

ze_icecave_escape_fixed (This map should be removed to be honest)

speed cap: fast zombies

reason: nearly impossible to win on thanks to fast zombies and blocking.

ze_hospital_escape_b1a (This map should also be removed... not zm_hospitalv4 though)

teleport: spawn

reason: Most people crowd together and end up all dying because of a zombie spawning in the middle of them, but really this map should just be removed.

zm_zdf_marioescape 14,777

teleport: spawn

reason: Everyone gets stuck on the first part from teleporting into each other, and the guy in very front could just turn into the zombie.

ZERO
10-16-2009, 07:04 PM
The changes above have been evaluated and corrections made.

The thread has been updated with new settings options.
Respawn
Zombies
Knockback

These values can be changed as needed on a map by map basis. I think there are quite a few that would benefit from respawn. Note that I recommend this only to be used on maps with few hiding spots and where zombie health will be greatly reduced.

Kavinsky
10-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Map Name: zm_loki_horrorhood_v3
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/15944
Zombies: 1
additonal: updated version of zm vc2 horrortown, so the old one will need to be removed

Map Name: zm_echo_italy_reloaded
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/47438

Map Name: zm_fubar_towers_v4
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/24586

zero pm me when this one is added, its by far my favorite of the bunch

Map Name: zm_little_town
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/50825

Map Name: Atix_Helicopter_Urban_Edition
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/111015
teleport: first zombie is teleported back to spawn

Kavinsky
10-22-2009, 01:28 AM
two new ones to add

Map Name: zm_lighthouse_v1a
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/30946

Map Name: zm_cabin_v3
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/25059

Kavinsky
11-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Map Name: zm tower of resistance v4
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/49307
Enable: nothing
Change: nothing

NLA
11-11-2009, 06:51 PM
JESUS CHRIST, THIS IS URGENT

Map: ze_underground_escape_v5, and any other versions like this on the server
Enable: noblock. Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ. I have never seen such a map where noblock has been needed so desperately. This is the difference between this being a hated map or a great map. Parachutes are fine as they are.
Disable: nothing.
Change: either reduce zombie speed by 10% (this is completely and utterly aimed at Fast Zombie), or, as I prefer and I think many others will agree with, change teleport-in time to 1:00-1:30. Its simply too soon as it is now in the map, it must be longer.

PLEASE. :wtg:

Kavinsky
11-12-2009, 03:33 AM
so far he hasnt changed or added anything so once you get to that map you might as well leave zmod for about an hour and go to another server till they get off it.

NLA
11-12-2009, 07:09 PM
so far he hasnt changed or added anything so once you get to that map you might as well leave zmod for about an hour and go to another server till they get off it.

Eh, I still like the map enough as it is to play it, but no one other than myself will probably enjoy it until at least noblock is on. Increasing time till zombies first teleport in would be amazing though. :icon_mrgreen:

Kavinsky
12-12-2009, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't mind those tweaks and a votemute feature, be kinda interesting to see how many people would honestly like to mute walter.

Pitty regular players cant make a question vote, can you imagine how many people would vote yes when the question of do you thing walter should shut up about fast zombies and GTFO?

Pink
12-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Map Name: zm_fourcorners
Enable: the map
Change: nothing
Reason: This was a pretty sick map but it went poof and the people want there zombie fix want to play this map..

Superman
12-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Can we work on getting the matrix map put in on the WCS server? That is a decent map.

Kavinsky
01-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Map Name: zm_ATIX_helicopter
Enable:
Disable: noblock
Change: limit the scout to 3
why: because the fast zombies just fly through each other and any other zombies that are in there way, catching up with the humans far faster than they would normally do on a cade map with noblock off, and limit the scout to 3 so we have enough firepower to hold the zombies back

Map Name: zm_spacestationflee_v2_fix
Enable:
respawn: off
Map Name: zm_boatescape5_remix
Enable:
why: because the fast zombies just fly through each other and any other zombies that are in there way, catching up with the humans far faster than they would normally do on a cade map with noblock off, and limit the scout to 3 so we have enough firepower to hold the zombies back

Map Name: zm_ATIX_helicopter_uefinal
Enable:

Map Name: ze_licciana_escape_v1
Enable:

Map Name: ze_rooftop_runaway2_v4
Enable:

Map Name: ze_LOTR_Helms_Deep_v3_1
Enable:

Map Name: ze_death_star_escape_v4_2
Enable:

Map Name: ze_the_Mines_of_Moria_v4_1
(whichever version of the map we play the most)
Enable:

Map Name: ze_LOTR_Mount_Doom_v2_3F
(same as above whichever version of the map we play the most)
Enable:

Map Name: ze_titanic_escape_v2_2
Enable:

Jeimuzu
01-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Indiana Jones escape map needs 15-20 second delay for zombie spawn time.

And parachutes disabled.

Kavinsky
01-15-2010, 09:53 PM
ze_indiana_jones_beta_x_004
noblock: off
Respawn: off
teleport: back to spawn, yes

additional: is there anyway to rig up no block so the humans have it but the zombies dont Zero, that would solve alot of issues we've been having on these escapes.

StarsMine
01-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Kavinsky, NoBlock is on the escape maps because there are greefers that will just stop on a ladder or something and get everyone behind him tagged.

There is also the possibility that someone will get stuck in someone on a ladder or rope, that happened to me and get the whole server pissed at me for "not moving" even though I couldn't.

Kavinsky
01-19-2010, 04:38 PM
thats what a good admin is for, no warning or anything, just a quick prompt kick for anyone like that and if they do it again its a ban.

Sorry but its just that with no block off the fast zombies catch up way too quickly and if people learn the map and learn how to navigate its obstacles quickly it becomes a non issue.

and with the fast zombies disabled it becomes a cake walk for the humans and no one will want to play as the zombie no matter how many spawn at the begining.

DrTran
02-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Wrong. Its a strange half-life source glitch; if three people touch each other head-to-toe on the ladder, the top person cannot move. Noobs keep telling the top person to go when they actually need to move down.
Its the same reason why you cannot stack more than 3 people at a time.

xx-DeCiMaToR-xx
03-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Two requests:

#1: Reduce the reconnection penalty to 15 seconds instead of 45 seconds.

#2: Change or remove the zombie kill penalty. I cannot say how utterly gay it is to kill a zombie and win the round for your team only to sit out the next round and lose the points that you gained for that zombie kill.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Two requests:

#1: Reduce the reconnection penalty to 15 seconds instead of 45 seconds.

#2: Change or remove the zombie kill penalty. I cannot say how utterly gay it is to kill a zombie and win the round for your team only to sit out the next round and lose the points that you gained for that zombie kill.

ummm...what?

xx-DeCiMaToR-xx
03-10-2010, 06:32 PM
There is some kind of a penalty in place, that when you kill the last zombie, thus ending the round in victory for the CTs, no matter if it's a cade map or an escape map, the person who kills the last zombie get's autoslayed the beginning of the next round and loses the points they gained for that one zombie kill.

Twice now I've quitted the server instantly because of that stupid addition.

THE HOLY SH**T!
06-15-2010, 06:01 PM
- Keep them on.

- Off

- Off

- 1 for cade maps, 2 for escape maps.

- Currently the only thing i think is fine in the server.

- Predators need a bit more speed.

- No complaints.

- No complaints

- Cade map no, Escape 1 is, and 1 isn't. Alpha zombie should be teleported.

Non Currently, but i would like to add a few.

All talk on or off: OFF - Server is very anoying with all talk on.

Reduce #of players in server to about 34/35. It's to crowded and it ruins the fun when you cant move around and be flexible. Example: zm_hospital.

Add more time per round for cade maps: Change it back to 6 mins, 5 mins is to short.

Spawn time for the zombie: This correlates to the round limit time... go back to what it used to be same with the server run time.

I personally hate the zombie mod now, just a few changes though would make it alot better and enjoyable. I don't expect to see change, but i hope others agree with my idea's so maybe we can get the zombie mod back into it's prime. There is alot of traffic in it today, which is good, but the fun last about 5-10 mins because of the settings of the server.

That's just my opinion on what the servers like, people shouldnt expect to see me in the zm much anymore. Just like all the old regulars who gave up months ago.

DrTran
06-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Decimator that happens when the server thinks you team killed so it slays you for it the next round.
All you have to do is type !zspawn and you'll come back to life as a humans.

Holy shit the server starts each map with all talk off. Most zm admins turn it on though to hear everything that's going on. If you're human you can't hear the zombie's mic and vice versa and if you're on specator and you can't hear jack.

Oasis
06-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Decimator that happens when the server thinks you team killed so it slays you for it the next round.
All you have to do is type !zspawn and you'll come back to life as a humans.

Holy shit the server starts each map with all talk off. Most zm admins turn it on though to hear everything that's going on. If you're human you can't hear the zombie's mic and vice versa and if you're on specator and you can't hear jack.

Having alltalk on, especially on cade maps where you can't strategize at all to do ANYTHING is annoying. It was never like that, and whoever started it can fuck off.

acolyte_to_jippity
06-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Having alltalk on, especially on cade maps where you can't strategize at all to do ANYTHING is annoying. It was never like that, and whoever started it can fuck off.

there used to be something called zombie talk.

living zombies talk to living zombies, dead zombies talk to living humans.

living/dead humans talk to living humans

anex
12-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Ze_Paradise

Parachutes: Off

Reason: Zombies can fly across invisible wall and beat humans to the end.

BladeTwinSwords
12-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Ze_Paradise

Parachutes: Off

Reason: Zombies can fly across invisible wall and beat humans to the end.

Problem, humans have to reach the helicopter somehow. Jumping into the water isn't good because of the backwards current.

anex
12-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Problem, humans have to reach the helicopter somehow. Jumping into the water isn't good because of the backwards current.

Is there a way to only have it team specific?

ZERO
12-15-2010, 02:48 PM
I think there actually is however this thread has been replaced by the configure option in the maps subforum.

ZERO
12-15-2010, 02:51 PM

hallwagner
12-15-2010, 05:08 PM

teleport: first zombie is telephoned physics: this is altered on every ze map that I install to allow moving objects to work. If moving objects are not working or if physics are messed up request this to be changed.

can i have this zombies number?

Meltdown
02-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Map Name: ZE_ ApertureSceeince_Final
Enable: -
Disable: -
Change: Limit time of rounds from 5 to 8 minutes.
Reason: The maps ends before the objective is completed making the map irrelevant and items under way too.

Map Name: ze_Jurassicpark_escape_vi
Disable: Parachute
Change: Round time from 5 to 6 minutes.
Reason: Parachute destroys the purpose of almost half the map, round time needs to be 6 for humans to complete the objective

acolyte_to_jippity
02-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Map Name: ZE_ ApertureSceeince_Final
Disable: -
Change: Limit time of rounds from 5 to 8 minutes.
Reason: The maps ends before the objective is completed making the map irrelevant and items under way too.

Map Name: ze_Jurassicpark_escape_vi
Disable: Parachute
Change: Round time from 5 to 6 minutes.
Reason: Parachute destroys the purpose of almost half the map, round time needs to be 6 for humans to complete the objective

read zero's most recent post...

this is the wrong place