PDA

View Full Version : Admins, keep your tags on

Christmas
09-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Chronic AKA rouge needs to keep his tags on when performing admin commands on other players.

UnBORN` killed Thomas with m3.
your mother is to low for me =) killed UnBORN` with m4a1.
tuna killed tonylau with knife.
(ADMIN) Rogue: player Beeb is now a beacon
your mother is to low for me =) killed Liquidity Kitty with m4a1.
*DEAD* dragging_man : grr my freind steam called nme
(ADMIN) Rogue: player Beeb is no longer a beacon

That is all.

๖ReS
09-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Chronic AKA rouge needs to keep his tags on when performing admin commands on other players.

UnBORN` killed Thomas with m3.
your mother is to low for me =) killed UnBORN` with m4a1.
tuna killed tonylau with knife.
(ADMIN) Rogue: player Beeb is now a beacon
your mother is to low for me =) killed Liquidity Kitty with m4a1.
*DEAD* dragging_man : grr my freind steam called nme
(ADMIN) Rogue: player Beeb is no longer a beacon

That is all.

Indeed.

-=NYS=- C.O.
09-27-2009, 04:17 PM
He's done this before. I guess he thinks he's special.

๖ReS
09-27-2009, 04:19 PM
He's done this before. I guess he thinks he's special.

Herpa derpa special or "I'm cool" special ?

-=NYS=- C.O.
09-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Herpa derpa special or "I'm cool" special ?

As in Handicapped Special.

Jeimuzu
09-27-2009, 08:50 PM
I can understand if he wanted a break from being an admin, but that usually means stopping all use of admin powers.

Christmas
09-28-2009, 10:32 AM
He is continuing to do it.

(ADMIN) Rogue: started a map vote
Chri[S]tmas -hDkP- voted Yes
Internet Badass voted Yes
ACER voted No
DJo_Viver voted Yes
tuna voted Yes
Juice voted Yes
tonylau voted Yes
Noobsrox voted Yes
Want to join IBIS? Visit us at IBISgaming.com
Internet Badass has a $600 Bounty started
Internet Badass killed DJo_Viver with scout.
 DmgGiven v1.0 You will be shown Damage Given on screen  www.Source-Powered.comRaiden - level: 4 - XP: 364/500
[Tracer MOD] Type !tracer to enable/disable your weapon's tracer.
ETB: Terrorists have an advantage.
Results are in, 8 votes cast
(ADMIN) Rogue: accepted vote

Sin
09-28-2009, 11:56 AM
*ALERT!!!*

Admin Police coming through!!!

Haha! Jus playin! :O

I'm guilty of using the admit chat when I don't have the tag on, so I can't say anything. ^_^ HOLLER!

Hitman
09-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

walterbrunswick
09-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Hitman
09-28-2009, 02:02 PM
He does what he wants. I'm first admin andd he comes in there and does map votes and I'm the senior admin.

I guess since he didn't get punished for kicking me so I guess when he gets outa control imma kick him too.

He doesn't wear his tag and listen then ur first admin on simple as that as fgar as I can see

Sin
09-28-2009, 02:05 PM
ROFL! Did that srsly just happen?

Hitman
09-28-2009, 02:08 PM
ROFL! Did that srsly just happen?

Yes quick reply sucks on a blackberry

THE HOLY SH**T!
09-28-2009, 02:20 PM
i usually go untag when im only in for a few mins just to stop in and see what's up...

Hitman
09-28-2009, 02:39 PM
i usually go untag when im only in for a few mins just to stop in and see what's up...

I do that only when there is a hacker in the server. Come in demo say bye bye in admin and then

THE BAN HAMMA

He keeps his tag off. Once have I seen him wear it.

Sin
09-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read somewhere in the ToS that as long as you're not using your admin powers, then you weren't required to wear the tag? o_O

I'll have to glance through it once more when I get home, but that's the impression I got.

Again, if I'm wrong then I will gladly wear the tag 24/7.

Christmas
09-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read somewhere in the ToS that as long as you're not using your admin powers, then you weren't required to wear the tag? o_O

I'll have to glance through it once more when I get home, but that's the impression I got.

Again, if I'm wrong then I will gladly wear the tag 24/7.

And that isn't why I made the thread.

This thread is to remind people that if you want to use your admin powers, you HAVE TO HAVE THE TAG ON.

anex
09-28-2009, 05:32 PM
I think the only exception is when your going undercover to catch hackers.

Mallissin
09-28-2009, 06:31 PM
I think the only exception is when your going undercover to catch hackers.

Yah, if you show on ma_admins, you better have the tag on unless you're incognito to watch a hacker.

If the guy is not following admin rules, demo it and post. Text is easy to fake and a demo holds more weight.

It is possible to remove access to certain features in the Mani Admin mod. I know the servers have the ability because Zero has yet to let me give cash on Pub.

Here's a website explaining the permissions (halfway down has a list).

http://www.xtremecybergames.com/mani_mod.php

Christmas
09-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Yah, if you show on ma_admins, you better have the tag on unless you're incognito to watch a hacker.

If the guy is not following admin rules, demo it and post. Text is easy to fake and a demo holds more weight.

It is possible to remove access to certain features in the Mani Admin mod. I know the servers have the ability because Zero has yet to let me give cash on Pub.

Here's a website explaining the permissions (halfway down has a list).

http://www.xtremecybergames.com/mani_mod.php

If it was an abuse thread, I'd agree with you.

But I am just posting this because I've seen people without the tag and I just think it should be reiterated that the tag must be worn if you are an admin and are executing admin commands. That is all.

Sin
09-28-2009, 09:07 PM
If it was an abuse thread, I'd agree with you.

But I am just posting this because I've seen people without the tag and I just think it should be reiterated that the tag must be worn if you are an admin and are executing admin commands. That is all.

So just to make things clear for future reference, as Mallissin stated, we must have our tags on at ALL times, even if we're not executing any admin commands?

Holler.

Not trying to be difficult, I'm just inquiring because I don't want the admin police on my ass for this. D:

Vladninja
09-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Zero came in to Gungame today and said Admins must have thier tags on when using admin powers.... but from what he was saying that means all admin commands (even admin chat). If your not using any commands not having the tag shouldnt be a big deal.

Im sure zero will be by soon to go over everything.

maynard
10-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Rogue never wears his tag, not sure why, he's been asked countless times.

Mallissin
10-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Same with Swm#4 on ZM.

I don't understand why they refuse.

walterbrunswick
10-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Same with Swm#4 on ZM.

Well, as long as they don't use ANY of their powers, they don't need to wear the tag, by my understanding. I guess they just don't want to deal with problems and play?

Pink
10-15-2009, 09:56 PM
Same with Swm#4 on ZM.

I have to say wearing the tags help other admins that you are an admin. I said on Ze Paradise no one glitch the map by flying over the edge about 10 times. I stayed in spec and froze every one that did that and kick if they did it a few times. SWM was frozen then he asked me to unfreeze him I told him if he wanted to be treated like an admin he would need to wear his tag first. He qqed and he stayed frozen that round. Its not just to use your power it so you can let other admins know your an admin and should be treated like one, since I didnt know he was an admin to that night.

Mallissin
10-16-2009, 03:40 PM
I can understand wanting to be "off-duty" but even cops are expected to act a certain way when not on the job and get a special respect when not wearing the badge.

I can also understand Pink's comment. When we were playing Mines of Moria, Res and Christmas changed their names to LOTR stuff and I forgot it was Res when he glitched into a wall so I threw him to spec. He bitched up a storm after wards, using admin chat to hammer it home, all while not wearing his tag.

So, while it seems IBIS only expects us to wear the tag when we plan on using admin powers, perhaps the admin protections are also only in effect with the tag on as well?

loka
10-16-2009, 03:51 PM
So just to make things clear for future reference, as Mallissin stated, we must have our tags on at ALL times, even if we're not executing any admin commands?

Holler.

Not trying to be difficult, I'm just inquiring because I don't want the admin police on my ass for this. D:

shut up homo. you don't care anyways lol. btw if you jump on my bed i will boobie trap it so it can trap you like a venus fly trap. :muffy: :violin::lmao:

Christmas
10-16-2009, 03:57 PM
I can understand wanting to be "off-duty" but even cops are expected to act a certain way when not on the job and get a special respect when not wearing the badge.

I can also understand Pink's comment. When we were playing Mines of Moria, Res and Christmas changed their names to LOTR stuff and I forgot it was Res when he glitched into a wall so I threw him to spec. He bitched up a storm after wards, using admin chat to hammer it home, all while not wearing his tag.

So, while it seems IBIS only expects us to wear the tag when we plan on using admin powers, perhaps the admin protections are also only in effect with the tag on as well?

I'm not an admin and was not an admin during the incident in question.

And yes I agree with the last paragraph. In the WCS server Chronic was taking up the last spot in the server while afk in spectate, and Maynard wouldn't kick him because he is an admin. Chronic did not have the tag.

Sin
10-19-2009, 01:35 PM
shut up homo. you don't care anyways lol.

How did you know that I don't care?! O_O

xD :lmao::lmao::lmao:

๖ReS
10-19-2009, 02:50 PM

I was not pissed because you didn't know it was me ass hole. I was pissed because I didn't do anything wrong. I waited until you glitched in too and then I shot you, Thats not against the rules as far as I know. You can glitch in a wall, and as long as you do not defend the entrance its fine. I was the last human left ! I was gunna make a heroic run to the end ;-;

-=NYS=- C.O.
10-20-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm not an admin and was not an admin during the incident in question.

And yes I agree with the last paragraph. In the WCS server Chronic was taking up the last spot in the server while afk in spectate, and Maynard wouldn't kick him because he is an admin. Chronic did not have the tag.

You can kick an admin from spec if hes not demoing someone or not answering you on chat.

Christmas
10-20-2009, 07:17 PM
You can kick an admin from spec if hes not demoing someone or not answering you on chat.

I thought that was the case.

maynard
10-21-2009, 12:52 PM

ive had chronic freak out at me and threaten 2 report me 2 zero for changing the map when he was logged on under the name "rogue" ofcourse I didn't notice he was Ibis at first, when I join I just scan for an ibis tag. but my point being, if he would freak out over that, I know for sure if I kicked him he would freak out, and regardless if I was in the right or wrong, I just really didn't feel like dealing with drama. + you get kicked from spectator quickly. and if he was planning on coming back its pointless 2 kick him 2 let someone else join cause as soon as he joins someone will just get random kicked for reserved slot anyway, there's really no diff.

Tragedy
10-31-2009, 03:02 PM
Server: GunGame
Admin Name: fLoSs
Time: Saturday October 31st, 4:00pm EST
Map: Simpsons_X

So I've told fLoSs to add his admin tag while in (Admin Only) chat 3 times now and he has yet to change it. Yet he continues to use admin commands on other players and threatening to kick other players as well.

EDIT: fLoSs just banned player "Jo" at 4:04pm EST on Map: Simpsons_X without warning and without his tag on...still. Jo team attacked 2 players that I saw and BAM, banned.

EDIT: Other players and admin Envy have told him to add his tag and he refuses saying "Zero doesn't care". Hmm??

Just adding this in here seeing how it is the most appropriate thread to place it in.

Christmas
08-28-2010, 05:06 PM
(ADMIN) Envy: slayed player LevelUpEcho
*DEAD* Bink of the North Village : haha
Type join to visit our community page!
(ADMIN) Envy: slain spawn camping

Just to reiterate my point, since people seem to be unaware of how things are to be done here.

Also I think there needs to be a general understanding on what power an admin has without the tag (i.e. seniority) on. Because Envy believes he counts in seniority even without the tag while James says he does not. And according to Envy ZERO posted in a previous thread that he does.

DJ_MikeyRevile
08-28-2010, 05:11 PM

Just to reiterate my point, since people seem to be unaware of how things are to be done here.

YOU ON ANOTHER CRUSADE? can i join =D

Christmas
08-28-2010, 05:14 PM
YOU ON ANOTHER CRUSADE? can i join =D

It's not a crusade. It's just an attempt for people who think they are special to take two seconds to put on the tag when performing a command.

Perry
08-28-2010, 05:27 PM
I was gunna say something last night to him (he was Ren at the time) and every admin told me not to fuck with him, cuz he would perma ban me.

So ya envy please use your tag.

DJ_MikeyRevile
08-29-2010, 12:25 AM
I was gunna say something last night to him (he was Ren at the time) and every admin told me not to fuck with him, cuz he would perma ban me.

pussy...

correct him.. demo him.. then get perma banned by him for attempting to correct his flaw as an admin... post it on the abuse section.. vwala

CYBER
08-29-2010, 04:14 AM
yeah we had a long discussion about this yesterday:
So this is me somewhat asking rhetorical questions so that ppl can correct me if i;m wrong:
1- admins CANNOT execute ANY commands unless having their tag on. Not even once?
2- an admin WITHOUT a tag is NOT an admin at the moment, and thus can be treated like a another player: i.e can be muted, slain, kicked (afk in spec wiz no reply, or being a nuisance), banned temp (just asking, dnt be affraid :P) ?, i mean if the situation should require this?
3- altho admins with or without tag DO appear in ma_admins, and thus other admins KNOW that a person without a tag IS an admin, and even IF that person without a tag has been playing the longest, THAT admin WITHOUT the tag (when the other admins joined) is STILL NOT considered SENIOR? and therefore the second admin WITH a tag on that played the most should be considered senior instead?
4- if an admin without a tag executes an admin command, such as muting someone permanently, etc, can an admin WITH a tag on, OVER RULE his acts (if they appeared unfair?) because since they didnt have their tag on, it wouldnt be considered as overruling an admin?(until they put their tag back on i mean?)

etc... its technical stuff like that , that seem to cause trouble on the server as far as i;ve seen between other admins. Each scenario above happened AT LEAST ONCE, so am not being too theoretical there...
it would be appreciated if zero posted a FAQ thread (Q&A style maybe?) about being a tagless admin. Xmas, envy and I alreaded asked james who gave us a reasonable answer (for me nways, that i agreed with), but still. Some ppl still need confirmation . Thanks.

it would be preferable for admins to always have a tag on unless they are going undercover to spec someone, or if they are unfit to be admin (i.e DRUNK AS FUCK)

taz1stP
08-29-2010, 04:38 AM
cyber the only thing that i see wrong with what you just said is the senior thing b/c here is what would happen the admin would bitch then tag up and bitch more so that's a touchy subject there.

DJ_MikeyRevile
08-29-2010, 04:45 AM
cyber the only thing that i see wrong with what you just said is the senior thing b/c here is what would happen the admin would bitch then tag up and bitch more so that's a touchy subject there.

not if there was a demo....

retard.

demos make or break everything.
its like finger prints on a pistol at a crime scene.

they can argue all they want but as soon as you provide a demo they have nothing left to say but to either flame or attempt to justify there actions that they had previously lied about

cyber i cant say this is right but it would make perfect sense to assume that YES you could kick mute or ban some one if they were not wearing there tag.
how often do any admins actually check ma_admins?

makes perfect sense to override some one who isnt "representing the ibis community as an admin" and take over as senior admin.

the only draw back with having that kind of "power" over them is they can easily change there name back to having a tag.. in which case you better hope to god you have a working demo of the incident.

CYBER
08-29-2010, 06:28 AM

about the senior , for me , when i join a game, the first thing i do is checking ma_admins, and then looking at the score board, and checking who is admining and who is playing (to say hi to everyone.)
now when someone didnt have a tag on when i joined, i would tell the guy just before me that they arent considered senior admin bcos i joined with a tag first... (always have a demo when u play... ALWAYS)
now if they decide to put their tag on again and say otherwise, well thats just a matter of courtesy i guess... but me personally i would give the current guy a chance (common courtesy of my part, not a rule), unless i know they suck at seniority:P

not if there was a demo....

retard.

demos make or break everything.
its like finger prints on a pistol at a crime scene.

they can argue all they want but as soon as you provide a demo they have nothing left to say but to either flame or attempt to justify there actions that they had previously lied about

cyber i cant say this is right but it would make perfect sense to assume that YES you could kick mute or ban some one if they were not wearing there tag.
how often do any admins actually check ma_admins?

makes perfect sense to override some one who isnt "representing the ibis community as an admin" and take over as senior admin.

the only draw back with having that kind of "power" over them is they can easily change there name back to having a tag.. in which case you better hope to god you have a working demo of the incident.

agreeed ( omg did u just agree again with u? damnit!)
but seriously tho, i check ma_Admins every 5 mins to see who is on...
about the guy just putting a tag on and doing their shit again, thats the part u mentionned about having a demo ready prior... bcos thats no long a thing about not wearing a tag, but more a thing about abusing powers if the actions done weren't fair.
still need more confirmation about the whole executing commands on non-tag-wearing admins tho. but thx for the insight.

mag36
08-29-2010, 10:04 AM
The only time that admin should be allowed to use admin powers with out the tag is when coming in and catching a toggle hax.....
Then far as other admins that dont have a tag on i ask them if they are acting as senoir admin.....
Cause ill join again after playing another server and forget to put it on. But siimple general rule:

No tag = No powers.

And even if they don't have the tag on you shouldn't ban or mute them or anything ON Purpose. I emphasize that cause i can see admins doing that to another admin they dont like

maynard
08-29-2010, 12:43 PM
if you join a server without admin tag on then you're joining the server as a regular person, and are not allowed 2 execute admin commands. you're also not in the running for senior admin if you join without admin tag on. it's simple, if you're paying for admin, then wear the tag...

anex
08-29-2010, 03:56 PM
This should either be in the server rules, or in a cleaned up stickied thread clarifying the tag issue once and for all. W/ Zeros blessings of course.

hallwagner
08-29-2010, 06:04 PM

Also I think there needs to be a general understanding on what power an admin has without the tag (i.e. seniority) on. Because Envy believes he counts in seniority even without the tag while James says he does not. And according to Envy ZERO posted in a previous thread that he does.

its kinda hard to prove an admin doesnt have a tag nowadays. ive seen numerous admins use the clantag thingy (you know, the thing with the dropdown box to select the tag you want from your steam groups.) that tag doesnt show up in chat, and i believe it doesnt show up on the mic icon. just an observation

THE HOLY SH**T!
08-29-2010, 06:36 PM
i don't see the point of a tag... it's pretty obvious to tell an admin apart from a non admin... but i guess having the ibis.a makes it easier for people to know who's admin and who is not.

BTW FPC WHY BRING UP AN OLD THREAD... IDIOTS.

Pink
08-29-2010, 07:01 PM
If admins just wear their tag all the time while on the IBIS servers they shouldn't be any issues nor a point for this thread. We all can keep it simple and keep the tags on and every one is a winrar. When i played alot new admins popped up all the time I kicked, frozen banned a few cause they didn't wear tags and broke clear rules (and I didnt know them as a admin). Its not a admins duty to find other admins they should tell other admins by wearing the tag it avoids alot of issues.

Envy
08-29-2010, 07:15 PM

I do not perma ban unless there is a reason. Bitching at me is not a reason. Now mind don't be an asshole about bitching because if I percieve your actions as disrespectful... you will most likely get a 30min time out.

Also I was not in server as Ren. I was in server as Inappropriate Envy. I have been running a clan tag of "Ren Ren"

maynard
08-29-2010, 07:16 PM
This should either be in the server rules, or in a cleaned up stickied thread clarifying the tag issue once and for all. W/ Zeros blessings of course.

he's already declared what I said in my msg several times in the past.

if you join the server without tag on, then you're joining as a regular. 2 use admin commands you must put your tag on. you also don't count towards senior admin if you log on without admin tag on.

Perry
08-29-2010, 09:10 PM
I do not perma ban unless there is a reason. Bitching at me is not a reason. Now mind don't be an asshole about bitching because if I percieve your actions as disrespectful... you will most likely get a 30min time out.

Also I was not in server as Ren. I was in server as Inappropriate Envy. I have been running a clan tag of "Ren Ren"

When i first saw you, you were Ren Ren Ren Ren lol.

Vladninja
08-29-2010, 09:55 PM
If you are gonna use ANY admin commands have your tag on end of story!!!!

If you don't have your tag on and you use admin powers or abuse... it is acceptable for any admin to punish you.

Zero has spoken on this matter several times.

ZERO
08-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Admins only have authority when the proper tag is applied. While it is best for people to check ma_admins to avoid confusion anyone without a tag on is treated as a regular player. In other words if your on the server without a tag you will not be treated as an admin and are just a regular player. You do not retain any authority during the time when you do not have the tag on. Authority starts when the tag is on and ends when it is off. While logically you could still use powers with the tag off it is recommended that this be left to banning hackers as without the tag you do not possess the authority to give players warnings.

It should also be noted that if you are not using the tag as to be undercover to track hackers ect you should notify other admins of this when they connect as to help pervert you from being kicked for sitting in spec ect while your trying to demo for example. This logic also applies to regular players in spec too as you can msg the admin to let them know your demoing and not to kick you. :wtg: