PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Mod Realism!

Alfa
10-04-2009, 10:30 PM
This is a new idea for a brand new zombie mod server.

Zombies: The Zombies would have endless lives and all would be fast/moderate speed zombies but would only have 300-500 HP so there 1-3 Hits.

Survivors: The Survivors would be regular but the buy menu would be heavily restricted to what you would normally find in a Zombie Apocalypses to Pistols, Pump Shotgun, Scout, and maybe a very weak Rifle or SMG. (Idk about this but semi limited ammo?)

Maps: Pretty much all escape maps if not all escape ( I dont think cading would work very well in this mod.) (And this could have map makers come up with entirely new kinds of ZM maps with real objectives other than just hitting buttons...)

THE HOLY SH**T!
10-04-2009, 10:35 PM
This is an awesome idea. The zm would be more realistic. Escape maps would be more fun and it would also be a challenge to survive.

This is how i would think we could make zm more balance and alot more fun.

I like the idea of restricted weapons because you dont see machine guns, p90s, desert eagles laying around on the street irl.

This could also help james idea of a cade and escape server, and make escapes more fair for humans.

Christmas
10-04-2009, 10:51 PM
This is a pretty awesome concept.

I like the lower health of zombies and the infinite respawn.

๖ReS
10-04-2009, 11:05 PM
I had an Idea sorta like this one.

Because in all seriousness, zombies have WAY too much heath, but that's because the humans have p90's and M249's - Weapons that you really cant find lying around. Although I saw a p90 at my local Gander Mountain, I lul'd pretty hard. They also have assault rifles too, so that debunks my "cant find em laying around thing"...

Anyway It should be:

Zombie: 700 - 1,000 Heath for the Alpha Zombie, 500 for the Recently infected.

- Maybe some special classes, one that explodes when killed, causing splash damage, like a boomer. One that has lower knock back because its rotting, but is really slow, because rigamortis set in. Just suggestions.

- Can re-spawn infinitely.

Humans: Only have access to normal guns, Pistols, shot guns, we could restrict the assault rifles and the sub-machine guns, then only allow like 2 or 3 per team.

- I think you should be able to get stabbed and live, then make the choice of going out in a blaze of glory, or staying with your team and fucking them over. You could say, "Oh I took falling damage, then when you turn (after a set amount of time, say, 2-3 minutes, maybe faster.) you try and infect all your friends. Though if your stabbed to the point of death, you insta-turn and can then attack your teammates.

- I remember saying a while back that it would be interesting to see what people would do if they knew they were gunna turn, I personally would run out guns-a-blazing. Some would probably keep to themselves and wait to turn or maybe even break the cade XD

I would like to see a server like this, Ive played the ones were all the zombies are bots and there are like, 40 of them, they are okay, but face it, bots are fucking stupid, and cant break cades for shit, also, some cannot navigate maps properly. That was a shit load of commas and my English teacher would murder me...

In conclusion (Finally) I think we should at least give this a shot. It might be what CSS ZM really needs :D

Thanks a lot if you read all of that crap ^_^

Alfa
10-04-2009, 11:13 PM
I had an Idea sorta like this one.

Because in all seriousness, zombies have WAY too much heath, but that's because the humans have p90's and M249's - Weapons that you really cant find lying around. Although I saw a p90 at my local Gander Mountain, I lul'd pretty hard. They also have assault rifles too, so that debunks my "cant find em laying around thing"...

Anyway It should be:

Zombie: 700 - 1,000 Heath for the Alpha Zombie, 500 for the Recently infected.

- Maybe some special classes, one that explodes when killed, causing splash damage, like a boomer. One that has lower knock back because its rotting, but is really slow, because rigamortis set in. Just suggestions.

- Can re-spawn infinitely.

Humans: Only have access to normal guns, Pistols, shot guns, we could restrict the assault rifles and the sub-machine guns, then only allow like 2 or 3 per team.

- I think you should be able to get stabbed and live, then make the choice of going out in a blaze of glory, or staying with your team and fucking them over. You could say, "Oh I took falling damage, then when you turn (after a set amount of time, say, 2-3 minutes, maybe faster.) you try and infect all your friends. Though if your stabbed to the point of death, you insta-turn and can then attack your teammates.

- I remember say a while back that it would be interesting to see what people would do if they knew they were gunna turn, I personally would run out guns-a-blazing. Some would probably keep to themselves and wait to turn or maybe even break the cade XD

I would like to see a server like this, Ive played the ones were all the zombies are bots and there are like, 40 of them, they are okay, but face it, bots are fucking stupid, and cant break cades for shit, also, some cannot navigate maps properly.

In conclusion (Finally) I think we should at least give this a shot. It might be what CSS ZM really needs :D

Thanks a lot if you read all of that crap ^_^

I don't think you saw P90 or any military grade assault rifles at gander mountain cause its illegal to own thoughs. They do probably have commercial grade Assault rifles but nothing like in CSS.

I don't think classes will work in this mod cause they would just get shot in the face with a scout if they didnt have speed so if you start bringing in powers ur going to have to slow them down to balance it.

๖ReS
10-04-2009, 11:18 PM
I don't think you saw P90 or any military grade assault rifles at gander mountain cause its illegal to own thoughs. They do probably have commercial grade Assault rifles but nothing like in CSS.

I don't think classes will work in this mod cause they would just get shot in the face with a scout if they didnt have speed so if you start bringing in powers ur going to have to slow them down to balance it.

No they were not "Military grade" if you can call an Assault Rifle that, you would have to define that to give it any meaning. It takes about 10 minutes to swap the parts inside an Ak-47 to make it fully automatic. Does that make it military grade ? It's not illegal to own any weapon in PA unless it is fully automatic. (Not 100% sure I would have to check, but I'm like 90%)

I swear to fucking go there was a P90, I held it in my damn hands, they had an MP5 too, 22. Mod though... Still a MP5... The P90 could be considered a "Rifle" because it had an extended barrel on it.

Side Note: P90 feels like an extension of your arm, its gorgeous.

Jeimuzu
10-05-2009, 03:17 AM
This would be the ZM escape map only server we've all been wanting..

Sin
10-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Back in the old ZM days, this was how most servers operated. Well, not this EXACTLY, but close enough. None of the 'cade-n-wait, boring shit.

ZERO
10-05-2009, 02:10 PM
The most popular escape maps kill anything that respawns this is a "feature" of them...

THE HOLY SH**T!
10-05-2009, 02:18 PM
The most popular escape maps kill anything that respawns this is a "feature" of them...

What loool

ZERO
10-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Yea think when you ztele on some escape maps you die instantly this is becuase those maps have "afk" protection...

yours' truely
10-05-2009, 04:14 PM
hopefully if this comes to pass, it will only be for ZE maps. Being, it's really hard to set up a cade with pistols, shotguns and snipers... lol.

ZERO
10-05-2009, 04:23 PM
This is basically what I planed to do on escape maps in the future when it is possible to restrict zm classes and adjust settings such as this on a map by map basis.

Jeimuzu
10-05-2009, 05:19 PM
The only maps I know of that do that ztele of death thing are the Lord of the Rings ones, I think..

Pink
10-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Its a good idea, there would need to be two servers unless we decide to not have a WCS server any more >.>

THE HOLY SH**T!
10-05-2009, 05:29 PM
The only maps I know of that do that ztele of death thing are the Lord of the Rings ones, I think..

all 3 lotr maps...
deathstar
are the only ones i know.

๖ReS
10-05-2009, 06:00 PM
all 3 lotr maps...
deathstar
are the only ones i know.

Those are the only good ones T-T

Blaze1
10-05-2009, 11:03 PM
u can find most military style weapons in any gun show, their just usually striped of the parts that make it automatic. But a few well parts off line make it a snap to put them fully auto again.

Your idea sounds great, just have a second zm sever to try it out.

Kavinsky
10-06-2009, 12:22 PM
and if your caught with said weapon its an automatic 25 years in the slammer, same goes for a home made suppressor or a sawn off shotgun (under 10 inch barrel length I think)

its best just to pay the 500 bucks for the class 3 licence and do it legally, although by doing so you give up your right to refuse being searched and if you use it on a human you go to jail as well even if you were just defending yourself, I guess they dont want people running around with full autos.

back on topic though I'd be up for any sort of server like that as long as we can have both servers, the old zm and that one running at the same time.

Christmas
10-06-2009, 02:40 PM
and if your caught with said weapon its an automatic 25 years in the slammer, same goes for a home made suppressor or a sawn off shotgun (under 10 inch barrel length I think)

its best just to pay the 500 bucks for the class 3 licence and do it legally, although by doing so you give up your right to refuse being searched and if you use it on a human you go to jail as well even if you were just defending yourself, I guess they dont want people running around with full autos.

back on topic though I'd be up for any sort of server like that as long as we can have both servers, the old zm and that one running at the same time.

You can defend yourself perfectly well with a pistol.

Anything above that or a shotgun is overkill and would do more harm than good.

๖ReS
10-06-2009, 03:24 PM

Plus fully auto is pointless.

Only useful for cover fire.

Single and Burst Ftw.

Sin
10-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Plus fully auto is pointless.

Only useful for cover fire.

Single and Burst Ftw.

http://i8.tinypic.com/6ph0j5z.gif

Totally NOT pointless.

๖ReS
10-06-2009, 05:43 PM

Totally NOT pointless.

lmfao.

So.

Much.

Blood.

Kavinsky
10-06-2009, 07:12 PM
a full auto has its uses in combat but for personal defense a snub nose revolver is more than adequate seeing as the most bad guys your ever going to come across is about 3 - 4 if your in the wrong place at the wrong time in a back alley somewhere.

If there breaking into your place you should be close enough to a shotgun or crowbar anyways.

๖ReS
10-06-2009, 10:06 PM
a full auto has its uses in combat but for personal defense a snub nose revolver is more than adequate seeing as the most bad guys your ever going to come across is about 3 - 4 if your in the wrong place at the wrong time in a back alley somewhere.

If there breaking into your place you should be close enough to a shotgun or crowbar anyways.

Well if you only shoot a guy once with a Full auto in self defense how can you get in trouble ?

Christmas
10-06-2009, 11:07 PM

Totally NOT pointless.

Think about how the shooters at Columbine would have felt if they had access to that kind of firepower.

Honestly.

Sin
10-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Think about how the shooters at Columbine would have felt if they had access to that kind of firepower.

Honestly.

I'd rather think about how I would feel if I had access to a .50cal.

Fuckin' ecstatic!

Kavinsky
10-07-2009, 04:19 PM
It's one thing if your rich and like go to machine gun shoots with it, but really its not exactly cheap to shoot something like that.

Especially considering how much just 50 rounds costs and that thing can easily go through 600 rounds per minute.

Hell I think a box of .50 AE is about 30 bucks for 20 shots let alone a box of .50 call browning machine gun rounds

I think most class 3 shooters most would probably have a 9mm sub machine gun, a 223 rifle and maybe a suppressed pistol and thats about it.

and one other thing, thats a rambo movie, the only realistic one that came out was first blood in 82'
realistic in the sense that something like that might actually happen

Sin
10-07-2009, 04:43 PM
and one other thing, thats a rambo movie, the only realistic one that came out was first blood in 82'
realistic in the sense that something like that might actually happen

This thread is about "zombie realism". I thought I'd throw a little "rambo realism" into it, just to MIX IT UP!

Rapedollar$
10-11-2009, 12:00 AM
.50 cal rounds are going for about $12 a round last time i checked... (one of the reasons im opting out of buying a barret, the 4-12 grand price tag being the other...) as for the cyclic rate on a m-2... not sure... i thought i had the manual around here somewhere but im too lazy to look for it...

Mallissin
10-11-2009, 03:23 AM
Eh, don't see how the respawn idea would be helpful with escapes, even without the AFK killer. The run from spawn each respawn would be tedious and unhelpful.

Why can't we just reduce fast zombie health on escape maps using the same system Zero setup on the server? They're reduced 80% or more right now. Maybe pull it down lower? Perhaps far enough that a single P90 clip or 4-5 shotgun blasts would kill without headshots.

Can you edit the percentages on a per zombie class basis or is it applied across all equally, Zero?

Tragedy
10-30-2009, 10:40 AM
I would DEFINITELY play the Zombie Server if the first person and second persons ideas were implemented into it. That shit sounds real as hell and would be fun as fuck.

EVL_Ripper
11-03-2009, 09:33 AM
I agree, sounds like a great idea.

Alfa
08-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Bump This idea needs further discussion...

Spasm
08-11-2010, 01:31 PM

Anyone with class 3 FFL's can own machine guns, silencers etc.
Anyone who wants to get fingerprinted and give up a lot of your rights can get those guns for a fee of 200 dollars. FYI

hallwagner
08-11-2010, 02:10 PM

yes but it's much easier to legally purchase a shotgun or rifle than a pistol (at least in my state) in my state i cant even legally buy a pistol for 2 more years. (21 years) on top of that, in maryland, its extremely hard to get the concealed weapon permit you would need to carry a pistol on your person. getting caught carrying a concealed weapon without a permit is a huge deal in maryland, and that charge carries a ton of jail time.

X 1 Viper1
08-12-2010, 09:58 AM
For the zombie respawning being a problem, htere are 2 possible solutions.

1.) On an escape map we could make multiple spawn points for the zombies so that once the humans pass a certain point on the map the zombies will start spawning closer to the humans.

2.) The second solution is in the map development itself. We could make some pmaps like zombie panic where the humans run around in like a building and have to complete objectives to gain access to better weapons, and eventually a chopper or some way to escape. We could then have a room right in the middle of the map where the zombies could spawn. As i said in the other post this is alot like zombie panic! so it is possible.

Also, i think res said about having the humans need to be hit more than once that is also an idea from Zombie Panic!, and only the alfa zombie should be able to infect people, which would then turn the human about 30 seconds later.