PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Mod Barricading Tutorials

Jeimuzu
10-07-2009, 06:27 PM
For awhile now I've been thinking of creating video tutorials to give the concept of barricading in Zombie Mod to newcomers, and maybe even give some ideas to the regulars.

The barricades in these videos aren't perfect, but that isn't the point. The less precision I show, the more room there is for people to implement improvements towards the barricades.

The reason behind bothering to create something like this is because in my opinion, Zombie Mod differs greatly from almost any other type of mod for CS:S because there is a bit of an art to it. It isn't just point and shoot.

So I give you,

ZM Barricading Tutorials

Special thanks to Zero, Mastagunz, Res, Kavinsky, Mag, Christmas, and Dj Delinquent.

Episodes 1-10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqPPsVZHjHQ&feature=PlayList&p=81F14C6B6AC23A30&index=0&playnext=1)

zqPPsVZHjHQ

-nUmGpz5cuY

A_0QTNn5mEM

DcTEd0ZCIGw

9XdhLSpHHnw

nnc9RVvCh9M

TdjBkIKSOMA

Jeimuzu
10-07-2009, 06:28 PM
k81w2eTPpiI

kPv5xiM-zqs

yT0e16NsGw4

Christmas
10-07-2009, 07:46 PM
I better get some credit, yo.

THE HOLY SH**T!
10-07-2009, 09:55 PM
the funny thing is, i knew all cade spots on all the maps loool.

Show me one that i don't know :).

Christmas
10-07-2009, 10:27 PM

Well for the record these weren't made for regulars like you and me.

walterbrunswick
10-07-2009, 10:37 PM

Agreed. I'm not seeing anything remarkable in any of these.

It's all very logical and simple barricading.

You remember pooter's tutorial? Now THAT was interesting.

๖ReS
10-07-2009, 10:39 PM

Way to shoot down James...

ZERO
10-07-2009, 10:43 PM
What I like is how he always uses the least amount of cade material to set it up. I also like the overall system for his cade setups that you get the idea of though the videos. Also keep in mind that you are not seeing any advance techniques he is just making them for people that need help and there are a lot more of those noobs. Also when you watch the videos you can see some ideas that most new players do not think of such as making the cade so that you can still see the zombies to help counter them. Also he indirectly shows how to flip cades as well.

Christmas
10-07-2009, 10:44 PM

It's a simple fucking guide for people who don't know what the fuck they are doing.

If you can't understand that, don't bother posting in the thread.

Jeimuzu
10-07-2009, 11:07 PM
It's a simple fucking guide for people who don't know what the fuck they are doing.

If you can't understand that, don't bother posting in the thread.

That or he needs to learn to read..

The barricades in these videos aren't perfect, but that isn't the point. The less precision I show, the more room there is for people to implement improvements towards the barricades.

And pooter has tutorials? Where are they? I thought they just showed all the map secrets. PM (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=314) me the links if they still exist, I'd like to see.

Also, I ask that you please, for the love of all that is holy, don't start spamming/arguing here.

Pink
10-08-2009, 03:01 PM
This was very good work, and some of the sots I didnt know like on snoopie I thought that was just a fail map with vent and a cade disco room. I personally think the last the was best for new caders High school is a great map to learn to cade since there so many good spots and you get the idea of cading on it. And the music is just wonderful. Very great work every that help and made this.

yours' truely
10-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks J.

I for one was trying to figure out how to get the vending machine into a air shaft on police.

also, it's great how you showed the placing of cades in doorways without reinforcing it and then using them to glitch a zombie so you can keep em still.

I give this a thumbs up and hopefully other nubs like me can benifit from it too.

mastercheff
10-08-2009, 05:29 PM
hm nice creative spots most of the time i can never pull off what james does i and i mean never

yours' truely
10-09-2009, 03:42 AM
just saaw the last two vids.

They're also great and the funny intro's are a great addition.

Request: HD viewing?

Jeimuzu
10-09-2009, 11:20 AM
They are HD. They're pretty much full screen for me, but youtube reduces it to that..

And yeah, I was hoping someone would get a laugh out of them.

yours' truely
10-09-2009, 04:35 PM
looking foward to more hijinks and great cading tut's!

Alfa
10-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Most of the noobs that play in the ZM dont ever come on the forums and the odds of them going on Youtube and looking up that are very slim. Unless they actually want to learn how to play ZM which is a nice change of pace if thats true...

Jeimuzu
10-10-2009, 12:13 AM
I know what you mean, but still.. Read above your post. At least two people have benefited from this as far as I know, so it wasn't a waste. This is going to be here for a very long time I hope, so maybe it will help even more.

Anyhow, uploading episode 10 tonight. And unless anyone else has any suggestions, I'm done.

Edit: Uploaded.

yours' truely
10-10-2009, 12:30 AM
At least two people have benefited from this as far as I know, so it wasn't a waste. i know i'm one of them. And I'm already finding it easier to spot new creative cade spots and more speedy at getting them up.

I also am able to get in a second lvl tube... i was never able to do that before.

Anyhow, uploading episode 10 tonight. And unless anyone else has any suggestions, I'm done.bout time. your such a slacker! :)

Jeimuzu
10-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Updated the second post.

On a side note..

I found pooter's tutorials... He has 3.. One on how to open doors outward, which I figured out during the first month I was here, and map secrets.. All of which I already knew..

To be honest.. I think this (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1179) is better.

Vladninja
10-11-2009, 04:21 PM
I don't think Pooters was really a tutorial.... more just a few tips and tricks. Your lucky to really ever get secrets out of Pooter.

The tutorial is great I think all noobs should watch it before being allowed to play Zombie Mod.

I laughed my ass off when you rolled the coke machine so easily... like yea the noobs will all be doing that within a day of seeing this video...:lmao:

Also the music was sic. Watching all of basic cades I already knew about was worth it just to hear those dope tracks.

Good job keep it up. :wtg:

yours' truely
10-11-2009, 06:28 PM
I laughed my ass off when you rolled the coke machine so easily... like yea the noobs will all be doing that within a day of seeing this video...:lmao:Yeah. I've noticed different maps have different prop physics. Some maps you can send a vending machine spinning off into oblivion and others you can barely move.

Jeimuzu
10-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Thank my buddy Dj Delinquent over in new grounds for the music. He just came out with a new remix of the RE song.

Anyhow, I basically finished at episode 10, unless any of you have requests.

One thing I was thinking of doing was getting together any bloopers left over and putting them into one video, but I think I deleted most of them.. <.<''

๖ReS
10-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Thank my buddy Dj Delinquent over in new grounds for the music. He just came out with a new remix of the RE song.

Anyhow, I basically finished at episode 10, unless any of you have requests.

One thing I was thinking of doing was getting together any bloopers left over and putting them into one video, but I think I deleted most of them.. <.<''

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO D:

We worked hard on those ;-;

yours' truely
10-13-2009, 05:03 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO D:

We got hard working on those ;-;
there, fixed.

๖ReS
10-13-2009, 03:44 PM
there, fixed.

Yeah that too.

:D

yours' truely
10-17-2009, 01:26 PM
oh wow. didnt' realize this was stickied. was going to recommend it.

still waiting on more vids. maybe how to get the dragon on mt doom?

anyways, keep it up, i really enjoy it.

Jeimuzu
10-17-2009, 09:47 PM
I stopped at 10.

Though, there are two maps left that deserve to be recorded. One is West Wood.

But I don't really want to show everything, that would defeat the purpose of playing for yourself. And secrets? Well, you learn those in-game from experience.

thanh thai
11-19-2009, 09:47 AM
The only wrong thing would be to deny what your heart truly feels.

PureLuck <3
05-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Great tutorials thanks it helped me out alot.

acolyte_to_jippity
05-26-2010, 06:52 PM
wow necro

Amon
06-03-2010, 01:09 PM
I learned quite a bit. =)

JUKE
06-11-2010, 06:36 PM
good beach strike tutorial XD.. i liked the one underground but the one one up top by the dock... theres just too many noobs in the way and the zombies multiply quickly.. didnt really have much time to set up.. but once its done its a freakin fortress XD:wtg:

dontbescaredhomie
09-08-2011, 06:18 PM
great thread for a noob like me it helps. but i'm still not learning the hold E thing haiiizztt...