PDA

View Full Version : a question about the <Ibis> tag

mag36
10-12-2009, 06:28 PM
i know that admins have the the <Ibis.a> tag to let people know that they are admins but what about us ibis regulars and forum community members.
One thing I'm constantly trying to do when a round starts in zombie mod is finding the regulars to team up with but there are so many people to scan through. And we don't always use the same name for ingame. Why can't we start using a tag like <ibis.c> meaning community or i<ibis.r> for regulars. But i can see how r would be confused with reserved players.

walterbrunswick
10-12-2009, 07:36 PM
I like that idea, mag. +1.

Clan == <ibis>
Admin == <ibis.a>
Reserved == <ibis.r>
Regular == <ibis.reg>

The regulars must have at least played on the server for say, I don't know, 1 month on a consistent basis?

Good?

DJ SniperKiD
10-12-2009, 07:52 PM
I like that idea..
I remember probably about a year or so ago, if you played the server alot, it automatically changed your name to like [IBIS Fan].

Vladninja
10-12-2009, 08:11 PM

Clan == <ibis>
Admin == <ibis.a>
Reserved == <ibis.r>
Regular == <ibis.reg>

The regulars must have at least played on the server for say, I don't know, 1 month on a consistent basis?

Good?
This wont work and Im suprised that you wouldnt remember this Walter...

08-20-2008 11:41 PMZERO
Ok, here is the deal. You guys can have ibis in the group name on the forums but you can not have IBIS in your names ingame. Now while I am sure that you and all future members of these groups will try to behave I can not allow the use of IBIS to go unregulated. Everyone in the forums understands that this is simply a group of ibis fans that are friends, but players on the server are not as knowledgeable. Also anyone that has the IBIS tag is an ambassador of IBIS, they represent IBIS. Admins for example can have powers taken away if they tarnish our name. But what of a "fan" of ibis. How is he punished -banning; this seems rather harsh as an instant response. Especially so when the fact that there is no overall system of regulation for this and future groups other than friendship. In other words because the actions and operations of this and other groups are not official representatives of ibis nor are they controlled by any direct authority or system with the authority of ibis, ibis can not be used in any tags ingame assuming that such tags exist anyway.

Thank you for your understanding,
ZERO <ibis>

Christmas
10-12-2009, 08:17 PM
1. I don't see why anyone would want to put that tag on if you aren't affiliated with the clan in any way.

2. It will be even harder to find out if an admin is on with all the "IBIS" tags around.

3. Vladninja's post.

Basically, no.

Jeimuzu
10-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Basically, no.

Agreed.

mag36
10-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Well I thought I would ask and I can see your points. Well I'm up for any suggestions for an unofficial tag for Forum members then that doesn't have ibis in it. I just wanted see the forum members unified on the servers and to show that we are proud of it .

yours' truely
10-12-2009, 11:42 PM
I say we forum members just tag ourselves up with like two capital letters to let everyone know that we have at least a tiny bit of knowledge

walterbrunswick
10-13-2009, 01:53 AM
I say we forum members just tag ourselves up with like two capital letters to let everyone know that we have at least a tiny bit of knowledge

This is how [GS-ZM] was started.

yours' truely
10-13-2009, 02:17 AM
i was thinking more of [deuche]

:)

Ren
10-13-2009, 02:24 AM
Yeah, I think a tag would be nice--a non-ibis tag though (we'd hate to sully Ibis' reputation wouldn't we?). How about FN for Fart Nugget.

yours' truely
10-13-2009, 02:55 AM
Yeah, I think a tag would be nice--a non-ibis tag though (we'd hate to sully Ibis' reputation wouldn't we?). How about FN for Fart Nugget.

deuche is better, but i guess if everyone can agree on a single tag then FN would be fine.

Sin
10-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Isn't this how all of those "communities" started out, that branched off of IBIS?

Jus sayin...

Ren
10-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Isn't this how all of those "communities" started out, that branched off of IBIS?

Jus sayin...

What, you can't branch off of a community this small! That is madness!

Christmas
10-13-2009, 09:59 AM
What, you can't branch off of a community this small! That is madness!

It's not that small.

uuntiltheendd
10-13-2009, 10:19 AM
It's not that small.

thats what she said. *sarcasm*
but really though, ibis isnt that small. small would be like cie or fateless i would think.

but a tag would be cool. but nothing as serious as fart nugget, please.

Sin
10-13-2009, 10:28 AM
thats what she said. *sarcasm*
but really though, ibis isnt that small. small would be like cie or fateless i would think.

but a tag would be cool. but nothing as serious as fart nugget, please.

What about - IC - Just plain IBIS Community? Makes sense to me. -shrug-

mag36
10-13-2009, 10:53 AM
ok..... Um how about <FMiC> Forum Members of the Ibis Community. Like I said really just wanted everyone in the Ibis forum recognized together instead of a small group of selected people.

Give me some Ideas and Ill put up a pole by Friday in the General Thread of what we like. Lets face not everyone looks down into the forums this far some many just in the general threads, But I would like to have this as an open invitation. So no hate'n on select people for wanting to have the tag

Christmas
10-13-2009, 11:32 AM
How about you guys call yourselves Forumers and gamers.

FAG.

Sin
10-13-2009, 12:03 PM
how about you guys call yourselves forumers and gamers.

Fag.

hahahahahaha!

ChronicVT
10-13-2009, 02:17 PM
If you want a tag... purchase a reseved slot /and or become an Admin... or better yet apply for clan membership (IBIS Gaming Forums > Counter-Strike > User Help>Apps)... Then wear your tag with pride and belonging!

~Rogue

Christmas
10-13-2009, 02:33 PM
If you want a tag... purchase a reseved slot /and or become an Admin... or better yet apply for clan membership (IBIS Gaming Forums > Counter-Strike > User Help>Apps)... Then wear your tag with pride and belonging!

~Rogue

You don't get a tag for having a reserved slot and not everyone can pony up 11 bucks a month to be an admin.

Apocalypse
10-13-2009, 02:45 PM

Clan == <ibis>
Admin == <ibis.a>
Reserved == <ibis.r>
Regular == <ibis.reg>

Good?
i use to wear the tag <ibis.reg> :p

ChronicVT
10-13-2009, 03:02 PM
You don't get a tag for having a reserved slot and not everyone can pony up 11 bucks a month to be an admin.

And for $11.00 USD you can wear a tag.... a tag is a tag... yes it is like showing your colors... but you will be know for who your are, not what you will be called or labeled or tagged! Everyone knows Rogue represents ibis Gaming by merely getting to know who his is and that linking good people to ibis is the better for the server over any tag!

but that is just my take...

~Rogue

yours' truely
10-13-2009, 10:51 PM
i'll prolly tag myself up as [Fag] just for the fun of it

Pink
10-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Maybe zero should recruit for a zmod team so people that are regs feel special and stay playing and may pay for admin making the servers more money.

maynard
10-15-2009, 12:03 PM

~Rogue

you don't get a tag for reserved slot. and you should try wearing your tag once in a while, more so when using admin commands...

Christmas
10-18-2009, 11:06 AM
And for $11.00 USD you can wear a tag.... a tag is a tag... yes it is like showing your colors... but you will be know for who your are, not what you will be called or labeled or tagged! Everyone knows Rogue represents ibis Gaming by merely getting to know who his is and that linking good people to ibis is the better for the server over any tag!

but that is just my take...

~Rogue

....what?

whytboiz33
10-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Maybe zero should recruit for a zmod team so people that are regs feel special and stay playing and may pay for admin making the servers more money.

zmod team... selling out you mean? or just completly making a mokery of the clan.

Rapedollar$
10-18-2009, 09:37 PM
zmod team... selling out you mean? or just completly making a mokery of the clan.

I lol'd

+1 whyt

Jeimuzu
10-18-2009, 10:19 PM
The only tag I could see that would be worth wearing is <IBIS> or IBIS.A

Apart from that, it's kind of pointless. If your a regular, some people will know who you are. Play good for a couple rounds, every single person in-game will know your name and will listen to you.. Usually.

And wasn't Chronic the one who wasn't wearing their admin tag?

Christmas
10-18-2009, 10:20 PM
The only tag I could see that would be worth wearing is <IBIS>.

Apart from that, it's kind of pointless. If your a regular, some people will know who you are. Play good for a couple rounds, every single person in-game will know your name and will listen to you.. Usually.

And wasn't Chronic the one who wasn't wearing their admin tag?

That is correct. However that no longer seems to be the case.

Tragedy
10-20-2009, 03:08 PM

zomg its whytboiz!

ZERO
10-20-2009, 07:11 PM
This thread is still going I thought vlad cleared it up with my pm from like 1000 years ago?

Vladninja
10-20-2009, 08:11 PM
This thread is still going I thought vlad cleared it up with my pm from like 1000 years ago?

LOL some people just cant let old threads die... and damn 1000 years... that must make me one of the oldest IBIS community members ever. :icon_mrgreen:

loka
10-20-2009, 08:18 PM
i wasn't aware a thread created on october 13, 2009 is old. must be in the year 2020. damn fucking myan calendars. :roll:

walterbrunswick
10-21-2009, 01:00 AM
i wasn't aware a thread created on october 13, 2009 is old. must be in the year 2020. damn fucking myan calendars. :roll:

What? I'm drunk and that math doesn't even make sense!? What the fuck??

whytboiz33
10-21-2009, 09:08 PM
zomg its whytboiz!

adam?

๖ReS
10-21-2009, 11:27 PM

Exactly.

uuntiltheendd
10-28-2009, 03:40 AM

does math make more sense when youre drunk? thats awesome.

walterbrunswick
10-28-2009, 01:23 PM
does math make more sense when youre drunk? thats awesome.

Well, it would have been Oct 13, 3009... Idk where she got 2020?

Rick12337
10-29-2009, 11:49 PM
I dunno beer is good math bad. But anyways what about some people that have played forever yet are not reconized? For example I only play on the ibis servor for god knows how long yet as some of you know I suck so. lol maybe I can apply for worst zombie survivalist.

Tragedy
10-30-2009, 10:20 AM
adam?

You remember my name? Damn son. Haha