PDA

View Full Version : Todays ZM crash

ZERO
10-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Clone....

Do not turn plugins on and off via rcon you crashed the zm server for 2 hours :banghead:

walterbrunswick
10-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Clone....

Do not turn plugins on and off via rcon you crashed the zm server for 2 hours :banghead:

What plugins did he turn on and off?

Christmas
10-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Not like it matters, since the ZM server crashes every hour or so anyways.

inthebutt
10-12-2009, 08:23 PM
way to go clone!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think clone was boning some big chick on his desk and her fat rolls were hitting different key combo's and she could have accidentally hit the right combo to turn the plugin's on and off hahahahahahahahahahaha

oh speaking of that, how come admins don't have the weapons management option in the admin menu anymore???

Kavinsky
10-12-2009, 08:43 PM
what plug in was it, if it was the stupid zombie hand plug in im all for shutting it off.

ZERO
10-12-2009, 08:59 PM
It was no block

Kavinsky
10-12-2009, 10:59 PM
thats kinda weird that, that of all things would cause the crash.

ZERO
10-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Well when you turn it on and off in like 2 seconds with 40 people who are running though each other at the time it is probably a bad idea...

Mallissin
10-13-2009, 12:57 AM
How would this cause the server to crash for two hours? When the server reboots or changes maps, noblock reverts back to off state.

We have noticed the noblock seems to be turning itself on automatically for certain maps, though. We guessed you had done this for certain escape maps.

On a similar note, I did a fact finding mission earlier tonight, jumping on various servers with a lot of people (32+), ranging from other ZM servers to pubs, and I was just watching the IN field on net_graph 3 and the kbps. I found that the IBIS ZM is sending a lot more packets than other servers, but almost a factor of two or three.

Sending more packets means the server is doing more work. Could be why things are so unstable.

๖ReS
10-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Get rid of the fucking zombie hands !

They look OK... I just don't like that its a hack and every like 12 frames its regular hands.

That and humans have them...

walterbrunswick
10-13-2009, 09:42 AM

They look OK... I just don't like that its a hack and every like 12 frames its regular hands.

Agreed. +1.

You don't see it on the forums, but I've heard quite a few people bitch in-game about the zombie vision, about the hands, and most recently about the music (although not so much about the music, some like it...). All three are annoying, and at least thank God for bind "l" "zombie_vision 0".

ZERO
10-13-2009, 10:49 AM
The IBIS Server sends out more packets due to having a higher tick rate and the fact that I have high max rate settings. The reason for this is to ensure that all clients are able to get the packets needed to ensure the best shot registration possible. As for noblock being turned on or off at maps this is at map start before any players are playing the game. In addition it did not crash the server because if it did the server would restart. What it did instead was freeze the server.

Christmas
10-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Agreed. +1.

You don't see it on the forums, but I've heard quite a few people bitch in-game about the zombie vision, about the hands, and most recently about the music (although not so much about the music, some like it...). All three are annoying, and at least thank God for bind "l" "zombie_vision 0".

Zombie vision is necessary because it makes it very easy to realize that you have been tagged by a zombie.

If people really care enough to be rid of it there is a simple line you can type in console.

Also Zero needs to use the music I recommended. It's the best.

Kavinsky
10-13-2009, 06:40 PM
I'd prefer a tinted version of the zombie vision to what it is now, but it doesnt really bother me anymore because I just press K everytime I get tagged

bind "k" "zombie_vision 0"

but I think switching it over to this would be a good idea, with a proper healthbar thats up all the time rather than just when you get shot
http://chcgaming.com/forum/download/file.php?id=14

rather than this

walterbrunswick
10-13-2009, 06:48 PM
I'd prefer a tinted version of the zombie vision to what it is now...

We had that last year. It was great.

But as the trend is going, everything seems to be going down the shithole, so what's to expect.

Jeimuzu
10-13-2009, 07:13 PM
I don't get how the zombie vision is annoying.. I do get how the hands are though. Halfway through the attack you get a knife, and then it disappears..

If you remove the zombie vision, but put health up constantly, wouldn't that get on your nerves? At least the zombie vision blends in. A constant health bar would just be out of place.

JigSaW
10-13-2009, 07:59 PM
I'd prefer a tinted version of the zombie vision to what it is now, but it doesnt really bother me anymore because I just press K everytime I get tagged

bind "k" "zombie_vision 0"

but I think switching it over to this would be a good idea, with a proper healthbar thats up all the time rather than just when you get shot
http://chcgaming.com/forum/download/file.php?id=14

rather than this

thats cause you have super low resolution.
i have 1440x900 and the vision really dosn't block much view

Kavinsky
10-13-2009, 08:00 PM
my peripheral vision while playing is bad enough with 1, 22 inch monitor, its much worse with zvision on, and I just hate those bright ugly colors, maybe if the colors were abit darker it wouldn't bother me as much.

Kavinsky
10-13-2009, 11:58 PM
im running at 1024 x 768 always have been, although I run left 4 dead and tf2 at 800x600 to keep the frames up

and 1024 is considered low?

walterbrunswick
10-14-2009, 12:22 AM
im running at 1024 x 768 always have been, although I run left 4 dead and tf2 at 800x600 to keep the frames up

and 1024 is considered low?

Yes. My family's computer was running 1024x768 in 2003.

800x600 is quite poor by today's standards. I'm not one to be in the "technology loop," but I don't think I would like running that today. Especially when I was programming, I had multiple windows up, and there just isn't enough space on the display monitor.

Jeimuzu
10-14-2009, 09:23 AM
22 inch monitor,

Pfft.. I've got a 17 inch 10 year old IBM box monitor. In your face.

On a side note, the test server never crashed to my knowledge. Never once did it crash while I was recording. So I'm thinking the amount of people on the server may have something to do with the regular ZM's crashes.

Kavinsky
10-14-2009, 06:47 PM
yeah it always seems to crash at about the 39 - 40 point, maybe it wont happen if its reduced to 36

walterbrunswick
10-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Pfft.. I've got a 17 inch 10 year old IBM box monitor. In your face.

Woooooh. 10-year-old monitor.

I have 3 monitors from 1994. And a terminal from the 1980's.

In YOUR face.

ZERO
10-15-2009, 12:15 PM
The test server also was not filled with clients that are running exploits and rate hacks that eat the server alive. I am going to make changes to the zombie vision this year but part of the point of the vision is that zombies should not be able to see everything just like humans do.

ZERO
10-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Looks like someone froze it again but this time it can not be fixed until 4pm because I am at school and it can only be restarted from a crash like this on by my computer because it requires special software.

Clone
10-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Okay i have to comment... I turned off the no block because some one had turned on no block and everyone was like this is gay etc.., So i turned it off after doing a vote and people wanted it off... there was like 15 guys in a tube on that map and it seemed unfair to me...

NOT MY FAULT! i blame the admin b4 me that turned no block on!

Jeimuzu
10-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Freaking hackers..

Rob
10-30-2009, 08:18 PM

agree. the hands don't even look like zombie hands. they are annoying, glitchy, i could do a better texture, and... i don't like them. :D
theres real zombie claws somewhere on FPSbanana, that dont replace human hands, arent glitchy, and do actually look lke zombie hands.

Really zero. GET RID OF THE HANDS.

๖ReS
10-30-2009, 08:52 PM
agree. the hands don't even look like zombie hands. they are annoying, glitchy, i could do a better texture, and... i don't like them. :D
theres real zombie claws somewhere on FPSbanana, that dont replace human hands, arent glitchy, and do actually look lke zombie hands.

Really zero. GET RID OF THE HANDS.

+ mother fucking 1

walterbrunswick
10-30-2009, 08:53 PM
+ mother fucking 1

+2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XxMastagunzxX
10-30-2009, 09:17 PM
+2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+3!!!!!!!!!!!!