PDA

View Full Version : An Understanding about Ibis ZM

NLA
10-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Was playing Jurassic Park map just now, got to the part where you can close/open the electrified gate to let humans in and out, was banned when I went to open a gate to let more players in to keep them from being zombified, which would give humans more of a chance to survive. All I hear is "who opened the gate?" and then 4 seconds later, KICK + BAN. Doesn't this seem very abusive of power?

The admin that performed the KICK + BAN was Pink Fuzzball of Doom. Proof from after I got back into the server:

*DEAD* NessLookAlike : Who was the admin that banned me?
*DEAD* NessLookAlike : Who is the admin here?
(ADMIN) Pink Fuzzball of Doom <ibis.a>: Im
[SM Parachute] Welcome! This server is running SM Parachute.
[SM Parachute] Free parachute for everyone is enabled!
*DEAD* NessLookAlike : k

I'm just asking for abuse like this to happen less frequently in ZM, or in the least, when I eventually have to purchase admin because I'm sick of this and am willing to pay to prevent further abuse, that I be allowed to pull the same thing on other players. It's only fair, right?

๖ReS
10-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Was playing Jurassic Park map just now, got to the part where you can close/open the electrified gate to let humans in and out, was banned when I went to open a gate to let more players in to keep them from being zombified, which would give humans more of a chance to survive. All I hear is "who opened the gate?" and then 4 seconds later, KICK + BAN. Doesn't this seem very abusive of power?

The admin that performed the KICK + BAN was Pink Fuzzball of Doom. Proof from after I got back into the server:

I'm just asking for abuse like this to happen less frequently in ZM, or in the least, when I eventually have to purchase admin because I'm sick of this and am willing to pay to prevent further abuse, that I be allowed to pull the same thing on other players. It's only fair, right?

This would only be a serious problem if zombies got under and tagged the humans, if you opened it to let some humans in, and no zombies got in, then this ban was not legit.

walterbrunswick
10-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Pink, what's going on? You used to not be so harsh with your admin? You've changed, and I don't like where this is going...

NLA, I remember you as you started an admin abuse thread (one of many) against Chelsea/Autumn. Lol, you seem to be a prime targeted for abuse :lmao:

Kavinsky
10-13-2009, 05:02 PM
its the same sort of thing with letting humans into your cade after the zombie has spawned.

you cant do it because its way to easy for them to get zombiefied when you open the cade for them, and if they break it trying to get in thats even more of a pain in the ass.

thats why when the cades shut unless the owner lets you in you go somewhere else and if you break in its a ban.

walterbrunswick
10-13-2009, 05:06 PM
its the same sort of thing with letting humans into your cade after the zombie has spawned.

you cant do it because its way to easy for them to get zombiefied when you open the cade for them, and if they break it trying to get in thats even more of a pain in the ass.

thats why when the cades shut unless the owner lets you in you go somewhere else and if you break in its a ban.

Wrong Sherlock. Opening a gate is not the same as letting in humans into a caded area. You're saying, the first person that crosses the gate can close it and leave everyone for dead. It's a fucking ESCAPE map.

Use your head, please.

Apocalypse
10-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Wrong Sherlock. Opening a gate is not the same as letting in humans into a caded area. You're saying, the first person that crosses the gate can close it and leave everyone for dead. It's a fucking ESCAPE map.

Use your head, please.

+1 totally agree.

Kavinsky
10-13-2009, 06:16 PM
I am impllying that everyone that could get in BEFORE the zombies have arived is already within the safe area on the other side of the fence.

you do NOT open it for 4 humans being chased by zombies just because they might make it before the zombies catch up to them because most of the time it will backfire and get the rest of the team tagged.

the same way you do not open a cade for the 2 or 3 unlucky people wandering around looking for a cading spot after the zombie has spawned and tagged a few people

XxMastagunzxX
10-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Pink should have kicked you first if you had done something wrong but you did nothing wrong. I think pink should let me ban her for how long she banned you at a random time when she is playing....:smirk: :icon_twisted:

*Holy-Dart*
10-13-2009, 08:19 PM

Just/Wondering How long was the ban anyways?

inthebutt
10-13-2009, 09:04 PM

I would have done the same thing if you lifted that gate and a zombie came in, the only difference is PINK probably only banned you for an hour at most.

oh and a side note, just cause your an admin doesn't mean you can't be punished. the $11 buck you pay will not make you untouchable, keep that in mind if you are willing to pay for admin.

Pink
10-14-2009, 02:57 PM

Im sorry Ness open the gate for the zombies... all the humans were tagged that round it was a 5 minute ban for a fair warning. Opening gates for zombies is the same as breaking a cade for zombies

mastercheff
10-14-2009, 03:16 PM
go QQ walter

uuntiltheendd
10-14-2009, 03:19 PM

i think what we need to know is if you let zombies in. if you opened the gate and got everyone tagged, then yes i think you deserve to be punished.

if you opened the gate, teammates came in safely, nobody got tagged, and the gate closed safely, then i dont think you should have been banned.

so did you cause other people to be tagged?

yours' truely
10-15-2009, 09:56 PM

a bit off topic b/c i have no opinion here...

thank you for putting your post up in a pleasant manner without out the drama lvl being over nine thousand.

NLA
11-08-2009, 02:34 AM
a bit off topic b/c i have no opinion here...

thank you for putting your post up in a pleasant manner without out the drama lvl being over nine thousand.

:)

Im sorry Ness open the gate for the zombies... all the humans were tagged that round it was a 5 minute ban for a fair warning. Opening gates for zombies is the same as breaking a cade for zombies

I opened it for the people then started pushing button to close it, but as I found out the gate button is not as responsive as I would have liked, and one or two zombies got in before the gate closed. I wouldn't know about everyone dying because you banned me before I knew what happened. Also, what warning? You never talk in server. Also, I didn't deliberately open for zombies (obviously) so no, its not the same here. Warn or freeze bomb would have been better and definitely more preferred. ;)

EVL_Ripper
11-08-2009, 06:10 AM
Sounds like a legit ban , this wasn't his own cading spot that he decided to risk opening up for people, this was something that all the humans and they got tagged for it. Be happy it was 5 minutes.

Holy-Sonic
11-09-2009, 08:02 PM

how the hell did you escape my weeks ban? ZERO didn't say anything to unban your fucking fail thread against me which you did admit to cade breaking, the way ZERO said it was it was legit your did cadebreak he never said you were unbanned

Tragedy
11-10-2009, 07:27 AM
:)

I opened it for the people then started pushing button to close it, but as I found out the gate button is not as responsive as I would have liked, and one or two zombies got in before the gate closed. I wouldn't know about everyone dying because you banned me before I knew what happened. Also, what warning? You never talk in server. Also, I didn't deliberately open for zombies (obviously) so no, its not the same here. Warn or freeze bomb would have been better and definitely more preferred. ;)

He is right, there should of been at LEAST 1 level of prior punishment prior to the ban. Freeze, Kick, or at least a warning saying you will ban him if he does it again.

NLA
11-11-2009, 08:54 PM
how the hell did you escape my weeks ban? ZERO didn't say anything to unban your fucking fail thread against me which you did admit to cade breaking, the way ZERO said it was it was legit your did cadebreak he never said you were unbanned

Hi,

Come back in a few days when you learn about difference between October and November, and then we'll discuss why you're either posting in the wrong thread or just an idiot with admin powers. roffle. :lmao: :plzdie:

walterbrunswick
11-11-2009, 10:16 PM
... an idiot with admin powers. roffle. :lmao: :plzdie:

On the nose, man :wtg:

Nemesis
11-11-2009, 10:53 PM
I would have done the same thing if you lifted that gate and a zombie came in, the only difference is PINK probably only banned you for an hour at most.

oh and a side note, just cause your an admin doesn't mean you can't be punished. the $11 buck you pay will not make you untouchable, keep that in mind if you are willing to pay for admin.

i didn't think it was in the rules that you couldn't open a gate, but i guess its not the first time you've really made up your own...