PDA

View Full Version : ZM Major Lag Update

ZERO
10-16-2009, 02:24 PM
As you may know there has been very bad lag on the zm server. Some new and some old. Yesterday the server got some big updates that fixed a lot of exploits and thus has greatly reduced the number of crashes in the last 24 hours. In addition I have released major updates to some of my custom scripts such as auto equip that has immensely reduced round start lag.

With these software updates also comes some performance updates. The servers process priority has been increased to prevent lag spikes when clients connect and or disconnect from the server. Also the fps of the server has been doubled to provide greater overhead for server performance so that the server has an easier time producing its 66 effective tick rate. These changes should reduce what people refer to as "cpu server side lag". (note that it actually has little to do with the cpu of the server)

The other servers will also be updated with similar changes (with the exception of fps increases) in order to increase performance and reduce lag on them as well. :wtg:

Kavinsky
10-16-2009, 03:08 PM
zero you badly need to reenable bind "k" "zombie_vision 0" I cant play with 1/4th my screen blinded and other people are complaining too.

walterbrunswick
10-16-2009, 03:12 PM
zero you badly need to reenable bind "k" "zombie_vision 0" I cant play with 1/4th my screen blinded and other people are complaining too.

Agreed. +1.

Lol Satan shit bricks yesterday because of that. He said he would never come back...

Kavinsky
10-16-2009, 04:06 PM
we also need a working votemute which only requires one person to type votemute and 3 votes to pass, and can be done over and over again to people who reconnect to bypass it.

ZERO
10-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Both of those are problems created by programs that I did not make and the zombie vision is a change in zombie mod that I can not change. What resolution are these people playing at? I use 1034x768 and can see fine...

Kavinsky
10-16-2009, 08:26 PM
1024 x 768 as always.

Steamer
10-16-2009, 09:08 PM
1400x900, it is very annoying not being able to disable the vision. Maybe change it up or renable?

yours' truely
10-16-2009, 11:19 PM
1400x900, it is very annoying not being able to disable the vision. Maybe change it up or renable?
i play at this and I've enver had a problem with seeing things.

plus, your a zombie. how much accuracy do you need?

Kavinsky
10-17-2009, 12:16 AM
alot of acuracy, escpecally when underfire and on fire.

Mallissin
10-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Still noticing some high choke, but I'm getting use to it.

A worse problem is the fact whenever a vehicle that moves on the Z axis is in a map, it causes horrible lag. Regular boats or the helicopter on ATIX work fine, but the helicopter or pods on Boat escape, the helicopter on paradise, etc. will all cause horrendous lag. I use to think it was only vehicles that players can control, but tonight we played paradise and the lag started the moment the helicopter activated.

It literally makes your screen stutter, stopping everything in jolts, making the game unplayable.

We also had a weird physics issue with objects. Some maps will let you push objects by running into them, and the use key (E) will do nothing. Well, earlier this evening a normal map had this issue and we had to restart to correct.

Steamer
10-17-2009, 12:50 AM
i play at this and I've enver had a problem with seeing things.

plus, your a zombie. how much accuracy do you need?

Didn't say I needed accuracy. I said its annoying.

walterbrunswick
10-17-2009, 12:55 AM
It literally makes your screen stutter, stopping everything in jolts, making the game unplayable.

Never used to be like this before.

JigSaW
10-17-2009, 01:22 AM
alot of acuracy, escpecally when underfire and on fire.

Think of it as a challenge.

Jeimuzu
10-17-2009, 01:37 AM
I still can't comprehend how it effects your vision.. You can see right through it and it only takes up about 1 inch of the screen on each side.

Try to imagine something you love Kavinsky, imagine that in your head.. Like your favorite car.. Now move that image over the image you have of the zombie vision.

Does it still bother you?

Sorry.. Been watching Derren Brown all night.

Apocalypse
10-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Both of those are problems created by programs that I did not make and the zombie vision is a change in zombie mod that I can not change. What resolution are these people playing at? I use 1034x768 and can see fine...

Bring back the old Green vision. That shit was hot.

Kavinsky
10-17-2009, 11:10 AM
I do not want to lose 1/4th of my vision on either side just because zero turned off the ability to shut the zvision (something I've been complaining about since day one, till I read how to shut it off on the forums) off

jigsaw its not a challenge its another pain in the ass along with not having a quick operating votemute.

ZERO
10-17-2009, 05:57 PM
I did not turn it off it just no longer works. This is a problem only coldfry can fix...

As for the lag on some maps with moving objects this is due to poor map programing. As for they physics issues this is also a map based problem. Can I get the name of the map so I can look into it.

Steamer
10-18-2009, 12:17 AM
You can remove the visual effects entirely and even use just overlay hues from the zombie.cfg, even with the new betas... (server side)

Kavinsky
10-18-2009, 12:54 PM
spacestation flee v2 is the primary offender right now, we havent been to redux yet.