PDA

View Full Version : a new kind of dumbass

echo501st
10-17-2009, 05:13 AM
I have started noticing that newcomers to the zm server seem to think that they are in charge and the best in the game. For instance i was building a cade and 2 newbies decided it was there cade, needless to say it failed bringing me down with them. when i asked them to stop messing with the cade they seem to just shrug me off.

i really don't know how much more of it i can take. I would suggest to them to go watch James' videos but most of these people don't get as much into this as we tend to. I'm just getting fed up with all of this stuff. I mean, i know im in there for fun to take a break from reality and we have these dumbasses who just mess it up for everyone. between that and people just opening doors for zombies, literally. on atex we had set up a cade in one of the rooms that has a skylight, btw it could only be opened from the inside. well we were holding it off great and suddenly a jumper appears among us. as it turns out a newbie named bling had opened the skylight and just let the zombie in.

loka
10-17-2009, 07:36 AM
There is some regulars like that too. I forgot his name, but he was dictating how to build a cade in a place where I have caded successfully on lila panic (the crate) with a vending machine. My last straw was when he shot it out to the end where a possible moron with a grenade can blow it out... and that is exactly what happened. I cussed him out telling him the next time he wants to tell me how to build a cade listen to others and not go doing them on his own or go cade by his damn self.

XxMastagunzxX
10-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Loka you need to start playing zm again.

There was an idiot in the server yesterday mic spamming and I was told this over steam, I came in the server and banned him. I was labeled savior of the server lol.

Apocalypse
10-17-2009, 11:00 AM
I have started noticing that newcomers to the zm server seem to think that they are in charge and the best in the game. For instance i was building a cade and 2 newbies decided it was there cade, needless to say it failed bringing me down with them. when i asked them to stop messing with the cade they seem to just shrug me off.

i really don't know how much more of it i can take. I would suggest to them to go watch James' videos but most of these people don't get as much into this as we tend to. I'm just getting fed up with all of this stuff. I mean, i know im in there for fun to take a break from reality and we have these dumbasses who just mess it up for everyone. between that and people just opening doors for zombies, literally. on atex we had set up a cade in one of the rooms that has a skylight, btw it could only be opened from the inside. well we were holding it off great and suddenly a jumper appears among us. as it turns out a newbie named bling had opened the skylight and just let the zombie in.
Arent you admin.

Kavinsky
10-17-2009, 11:07 AM
a private invite only zm server would remedy this.

yours' truely
10-17-2009, 11:21 AM
a private invite only zm server would remedy this.

what, and have it just like the pub? that would kill the IBIS zm experiance.

While there is a ton of morons out there (me included) the best solution would either get admin or wait untill more ppl get reserved spots so when they log in the morons would be booted one by one.

so in short... tell your friends, get them hooked (like drug dealers) and convince them to get reserved spots.

Jeimuzu
10-17-2009, 12:03 PM
I know what you mean Echo. I had the same thing happen to me last time I played ZM. Some random guy came in, and acted like he owned the place while I was in the middle of setting up the barricade. I was so tempted to type rank.. Instead I let him build the cade, and watched him get tagged.. Got him and the invading zombie stuck and killed them both, and built the cade myself. Was pretty funny actually.

As for a private ZM server?.. Naw. I heard that was what gs-zm(or whatever) was basically. And they obviously aren't around anymore.

What seems to make the current ZM such a success is the mix of newcomers, regulars, and pro admins. It keeps the servers all alive.

Though most of those admins have gone off to college.. X_X I need admin again.

Holy-Sonic
10-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Loka you need to start playing zm again.

There was an idiot in the server yesterday mic spamming and I was told this over steam, I came in the server and banned him. I was labeled savior of the server lol.

you were honey, i was there, i was getting res but he was slow as a fat whore

Kavinsky
10-17-2009, 03:34 PM
I mean 2 servers, the regular ibis one, and an unmarked one, invite password protected one.

it'd be nice to have more than 40% of the team to actually know what to do and what not to do, rather than having abunch of annoying people around who fuck up your shit for fun.

mastercheff
10-17-2009, 04:14 PM
I mean 2 servers, the regular ibis one, and an unmarked one, invite password protected one.

it'd be nice to have more than 40% of the team to actually know what to do and what not to do, rather than having abunch of annoying people around who fuck up your shit for fun.

exactly i hardly play anymore because i'm a wcs whore,if there weren't dumbasses who didn't know things after doing something i would play more often these days

yours' truely
10-17-2009, 05:56 PM
how can you play wcs? i try but i have no idea how to play, pick a class, upgrade, use abilities and everyone else is super powerful.

ReyMafioso
10-17-2009, 06:10 PM
yea i know wat you mean but sometimes noobs are good because they become free kills for us pr0s XD and hey free kills are always good

Pink
10-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Freeze every one in your cade till you build it. I do that some times.

echo501st
10-17-2009, 08:06 PM
yeah i have admin. but it seems like every fucking person has to voice their opinion about every thing an admin does. i think we should make a rule that you cant question an admin's actions. They can do it privately or on the forums but not in a public game. It just makes newbies think that they can walk over admins.
for instance i gave a 1 hour ban to some one who broke my cade. and someone, a regular, told me that it was to much. He said that since i had not warned the cade breaker i should have only warned him or kicked him. I believe that what i did was well within reason. I consider the rules as the warning for cadebreaking. I almost gave the breaker a day ban.

Jeimuzu
10-17-2009, 09:03 PM

You know, as much time as you spend in there, you should get admin. You'd finally be able to mute every child that uses a mic, and keep the maps going to good ones.

yeah i have admin. but it seems like every fucking person has to voice their opinion about every thing an admin does. i think we should make a rule that you cant question an admin's actions. They can do it privately or on the forums but not in a public game. It just makes newbies think that they can walk over admins.
for instance i gave a 1 hour ban to some one who broke my cade. and someone, a regular, told me that it was to much. He said that since i had not warned the cade breaker i should have only warned him or kicked him. I believe that what i did was well within reason. I consider the rules as the warning for cadebreaking. I almost gave the breaker a day ban.

Echo, people have to ask questions in order to learn sometimes. As I said to the new admin, freeze rule breakers and explain things to them instead of banning. However, if they don't reply or acknowledge, or are disrespectful if they do, then it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to ban them for a short period of time.

If they don't believe you though about certain rules or whatever, send them to the forums and watch them be ripped apart by Inthebutt, Turtles, and a lot of the others, or have them type !rules in-game.

I'll tell you though, as long as you remember every rule and the ToS by heart, and follow it, you won't have any problems, unless your too harsh about it. There won't be a single admin abuse thread that will be counted against you.

If there is a problem with a larger group however, you should definitely come to the forums and let it be known.

Steamer
10-18-2009, 12:25 AM
As for a private ZM server?.. Naw. I heard that was what gs-zm(or whatever) was basically. And they obviously aren't around anymore.

Fail fact. ;)

Jeimuzu
10-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Orly? What would make that fact true?

And what's the true story 'bout them? This was all before my time, so I really don't know. I'm still trying to figure out why pooter left if he was such a great player.

Steamer
10-18-2009, 12:10 PM
True fact is, still around and never private.

The main reason was, abusive clan member's during a time when things were pretty shitty and nothing was being done, thank god it isn't as bad now. I'm sure people have their own other small reasons also.

Kavinsky
10-18-2009, 12:56 PM
echo for the most part I agree with you, but I reserver the right to bitch at walter for telling people not to be fast zombies on escape maps that work with them on it

mag36
10-18-2009, 02:59 PM
well one fact is we are getting alot more people in the forums and in-game. More are becoming daily regulars and getting a crap load of noobs on weekends. Making a private server probably would hurt ibis over all but have a second zombie mod server could help with conjestion. Hear lately its getting harder for me to get in the game my first try, since its full all the time. Zero could make a second zm or something with like only thirty people and i can see most of us regs keeping it full all the the time and keeping some of the noobs down. But we all were noobs at one time. If it was for gunz teaching everything i would have probably never would have stayed with ibis. I was totally new to Css period till a couple of months ago.

Jeimuzu
10-18-2009, 03:41 PM
"We all start somewhere."

Vladninja
10-18-2009, 05:00 PM
True fact is, still around and never private.

Very true.... GS-ZM has a server.... we may have taken a break to play L4D but most members are back and very active. Honestly I will only play Zombie Mod in the GS-ZM server. Still cant beat IBIS Gun Game and Pub though....

Kavinsky
10-19-2009, 05:59 PM
listen I cant turn around without someone destroying my cade, alright maybe a separate server is a little extreme but the only other thing I can think of is that the main page when you join the server says this:

IBIS SERVER RULES

1. IF A CADE IS SET UP THAT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO BREAK INTO IT TO GET IN REGARDLESS IF THE ZOMBIE HAS SPAWNED OR NOT, DOING SO WILL RESULT IN A 2 HOUR BAN BY THE ADMIN ON AT THAT TIME

IBIS FEATURES

PARACHUTES: HOLD YOUR USE KEY (E BY DEFAULT) WHILE FALLING IN MID AIR TO ACTIVATE THE PARACHUTE

THERE IS NO !ZSPAWN HERE, ONCE YOUR DEAD YOU STAY DEAD

TO CHANGE CLASS TYPE !ZMENU THE CLASSES ARE AS FOLLOWS

Steamer
10-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Very true.... GS-ZM has a server.... we may have taken a break to play L4D but most members are back and very active. Honestly I will only play Zombie Mod in the GS-ZM server. Still cant beat IBIS Gun Game and Pub though....

True True, Love IBIS GG. ZM ehh.. only cause of the population, and that population gets very annoying at times. And SCREW parachutes! Wish it would just be removed all together.