PDA

View Full Version : NYS Ban Stamp

liquidblack
06-11-2008, 02:35 AM
From this day, all abuse reports must be formatted and contain the following information:

Admin's INGAME name:-=NYS=- C.O. | ibis
You're INGAME name:Stamp

How did he/she abuse
I am reporting this on behalf of Stamp for im not sure if he would of even realised to do this. Earlier about 3:10 am EST Stamp was banned for making a joke comment about NYS, No warning as stated, no kick, no mute, not anything. An instant 7 day ban. I have heard about his abuse before, and I personally feel as though he went to far this time.

-=NYS=- C.O.
06-11-2008, 02:55 AM
First off, you wasnt even there, second let him post his own complaint, third, i did warn him after 2 kicks, 4th, 7 day ban for Disrespecting me 3 times after several warnings and kicks.

You were also being disrespectful and I let it slide.

And if those statements by me arent true, the logs be can be checked.

Have a Wonderful Day !

Stamp
06-11-2008, 10:06 AM
First off, you wasnt even there, second let him post his own complaint, third, i did warn him after 2 kicks, 4th, 7 day ban for Disrespecting me 3 times after several warnings and kicks.

You were also being disrespectful and I let it slide.

And if those statements by me arent true, the logs be can be checked.

Have a Wonderful Day !

There was no warning.

When I rejoined the server after the first kick, I immediately heard Pollyanna saying "hey be nice to stamp" then: kicked a second time.

When I rejoined the third time, again I hear Pollyanna "why are you doing that?" No response on your part: only a third kick and a ban.

And don't bullshit (pardon my language, don't know if your guys' forums are censored for language). I didn't disrespect you multiple times after multiple warnings and kicks. That's a fucking lie outright. Everytime I rejoined the server there wasn't even time for me to "disrespect you." The only time I had to say anything over the mic was to say "Polly, he kicked me because I said C.O.s were gay" before you banned me. If you misconstrue that as disrespect, you need to pay a little more attention. Polly asked, you never answered, so I clarified the situation for her. There was 1 (I say again, ONE) situation of disrespect. That was my immature and sarcastic retaliatory response to you being asinine, "C.O.'s are gay." I said it once. After that, like I said, I wasn't even given time to fart in your general direction.

No offense, no disrespect intended, you came into the server and disrespected me for starters. I don't care if you're admin or not, not good public relations for admins to come in and disrespect gamers. If you can't handle a little sarcasm without acting irrationally, I don't know how you work for NYS DoCs. I have several friends that work in Corrections, so my remark about C.O.s be "gay" wasn't me being literal. You be a sarcastic prick, I'll be one.

As stated, no offense nor disrespect intended. I just find it somewhat implausible for several IBIS admins to play with me in the server from 2130 hrs EST to roughly 0300 hrs EST without a single God forsakened problem.

-=NYS=- C.O.
06-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Serve your 7 days well and make sure you abide by the rules of the server. I hope you learn your lesson after those 7 days to respect ALL CLAN MEMBERS and ADMINS.

Stamp
06-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Serve your 7 days well and make sure you abide by the rules of the server. I hope you learn your lesson after those 7 days to respect ALL CLAN MEMBERS and ADMINS.

Thanks for the advice, but I'd rather see a reply from someone higher up in the chain of command than you. No offense, but I think that was quite irrational last night. And for your information, liquid was in the server last night. Why do you think he made this thread. Seems kind of funny I had 2 different instances of your fellow clan members rolling up to bat for me while you were acting out (Polly in server and liquid here in the forums.)

By the way, thanks liquid (and Polly). At the time I was kicked last night, it was time for me to hit the hay anyways. Figured I'd make an account in the morning and make a rational post rather than be tired and angry and make an imprudent post.

-=NYS=- C.O.
06-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the advice, but I'd rather see a reply from someone higher up in the chain of command than you. No offense, but I think that was quite irrational last night. And for your information, liquid was in the server last night. Why do you think he made this thread. Seems kind of funny I had 2 different instances of your fellow clan members rolling up to bat for me while you were acting out (Polly in server and liquid here in the forums.)

By the way, thanks liquid (and Polly). At the time I was kicked last night, it was time for me to hit the hay anyways. Figured I'd make an account in the morning and make a rational post rather than be tired and angry and make an imprudent post.

Let me correct you. They are not clan members. You were mistaken when you thought that you can mouth off and disrespect other admins because you know Liquid and Polly. It makes me laugh when people like you think they can break the rules because they KNOW *standard admins*. Not IBIS Clan Members. It makes me laugh when regulars get too comfortable and they start thinking they can do whatever they want.
Im going to make it plain and simple. Dont make disrespecting remarks especially to an IBIS member whom you dont even know. You can cry here all you want but your 7 days will not be overturned. You dont seem to get it. I didnt act irrational. I acted on enforcing the rules that are established in this server. Dont try and act all innocent in the forum claiming that I didnt give you warnings. After I kicked you, mind you not once, but twice from the server and YOU STILL were mouthing off to me. That granted you the temp ban on you. Again, enjoy your 7 days vacation from the IBIS Zombie server.

The.Beast.13.
06-11-2008, 12:21 PM

:iagree:

Just stop, don t make it a flame war and come back in a week. Just think before saying anything on the mic.

Peace

vicious
06-11-2008, 12:32 PM
nah, it shouldn't be a week. didn't you see what he said, he just repeated over he mic what he said, he didn't say it directly again to C.O.

what i see, he disrespected c.o. one time, got kicked multi times then banned. That isn't continuous disrespect, a week ban for that is bs.

dublin
06-11-2008, 12:43 PM
nah, it shouldn't be a week. didn't you see what he said, he just repeated over he mic what he said, he didn't say it directly again to C.O.

what i see, he disrespected c.o. one time, got kicked multi times then banned. That isn't continuous disrespect, a week ban for that is bs.

agreed. may be a 5 min ban

The.Beast.13.
06-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Well...i think that pple that come on our servers appreciate to be respected and everyone should be respected, especially clan members and admins....5 minutes bans???? How can it be taken seriously....

Since I wasn t there and i respect NY CO judment, i totally back him up...DO NOT DISRESPECT A CLAN MEMBER / ADMIN... or serve your time.

Peace

ZERO
06-11-2008, 02:52 PM
M 06/11/2008 - 02:57:44: [MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [-=NYS=- C.O. | ibis] [STEAM_0:1:3309157] Executed : Kick (By Admin) [Stamp] [STEAM_0:0:9826361] kickid 1294 You were kicked by Admin
M 06/11/2008 - 02:58:00: [MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [-=NYS=- C.O. | ibis] [STEAM_0:1:3309157] Executed : Kick (By Admin) [Stamp] [STEAM_0:0:9826361] kickid 1621 You were kicked by Admin
M 06/11/2008 - 02:58:23: [MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [-=NYS=- C.O. | ibis] [STEAM_0:1:3309157] Executed : Banned (By Admin) [Stamp] [STEAM_0:0:9826361] banid 10080 1622 kick

The time between the kicks is clearly way to low for anyone to have actually say anything or for a real warning.

The actual ban took place <1min after the first kick. Considering it takes a minimum of lets say 5 seconds (being very generous) to connect and lets say 3 seconds to join a team he was only on the server for about 8 seconds after the first kick. Also it would take you at least 3 seconds to kick him again so that would give him about 3 seconds to start flipping out and you about 1 second to cut him off and tell him to stop disrespecting admins.

Also if you actually wanted to tell him he was doing something wrong and be able to uninterruptedly inform him why not at least mute him before the first kick.

I am not saying stamp did not do wrong, I am saying that this situation should have been handled differently. NYS was right for his kick but I do think that the ban is to harsh considering that I do not believe stamp was giving an actual chance after reconnecting from his first kick.

NYS is a good admin and I am sure that in the future he will take the time to mute first then kick only if the player is totally out of control and is trying to change their name to say shit in the future. Now that I have made it clear what the way to deal with people verbally abusing anyone I trust that other admins will heed this.

For players that are having issues with chat:
Mute->Kick->Mute->Ban

When I see this formula spread across a reasonable amount of time I know that the admin made it clear to the player that they were doing something wrong and the player continued to act out of line.

Admins please use this in the future, also I would like to point out that this topic should have been better placed in the unban me section. As abuse would be from an admin continuously doing something like this just to try to show his power or from an admin that is banning someone and others on a rampage.

This is more of a case of admin misuse that admin abuse. Admins make mistakes and misuse admin that is what the unban me section is for this topic is moved to where it belongs and is closed.

Stamp is unbaned and I hope I can bet will not be disrespecting players anymore and also that people such as him that do act out of line are muted and Fully informed to S T F U! :assault: