PDA

View Full Version : Admin Map Change?

Diabeetus
10-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Ibis is a great clan and has awesome servers but i don't fully understand how you go about managing maps. You have to be the longest admin in a server to change a map?? I don't understand that.. Someone explain this to me and tell me how its a good rule for the admins? especially if your paying for admin? I understand that you shouldn't just go and change the map whenever you don't like the one your currently on but ah.. just doesn't make sense to me.

SouthSide
10-31-2009, 11:50 PM
im guessing so there arent constant map changes

walterbrunswick
11-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Admin with the longest playing time has seniority.

Simple.

Diabeetus
11-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Admin with the longest playing time has seniority.

Simple.

No disrespect but doesn't make sense to me, but whatever.

Christmas
11-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Ibis is a great clan and has awesome servers but i don't fully understand how you go about managing maps. You have to be the longest admin in a server to change a map?? I don't understand that.. Someone explain this to me and tell me how its a good rule for the admins? especially if your paying for admin? I understand that you shouldn't just go and change the map whenever you don't like the one your currently on but ah.. just doesn't make sense to me.

The admin who enters the server first has seniority over map changes, that way there isn't a constant amount of power-play over who gets to pick the map votes or whatever.

However other admins do have the option to change the map if they ask the senior admin if it is alright.

Just because you pay $11 doesn't mean you have the power to do whatever the fuck you want. With power comes responsibility.

Diabeetus
11-01-2009, 12:53 AM
The admin who enters the server first has seniority over map changes, that way there isn't a constant amount of power-play over who gets to pick the map votes or whatever.

However other admins do have the option to change the map if they ask the senior admin if it is alright.

Just because you pay $11 doesn't mean you have the power to do whatever the fuck you want. With power comes responsibility.

eh w/e

Christmas
11-01-2009, 12:56 AM
eh w/e

I'd really like to know what makes you think this concept is complicated or seriously flawed.

walterbrunswick
11-01-2009, 01:30 AM
I'd really like to know what makes you think this concept is complicated or seriously flawed.

Alcohol/drugs?

Kavinsky
11-01-2009, 03:09 AM
I'm glad I blocked him here on the forums

Holy-Sonic
11-01-2009, 11:49 PM

well obviously FREAKING Waleezy, he thinks he can do what ever he pleases if he doesn't get enough fps, im like really like earlier today, walter was senior admin *i think* he's like fuck this i pay admin so i can change the map, so i change it to something else just to piss off Waleezy:banghead::banghead: lucky walter was there ^_^:headache::headache::icon_mrgreen:

Christmas
11-02-2009, 01:18 AM
well obviously FREAKING Waleezy, he thinks he can do what ever he pleases if he doesn't get enough fps, im like really like earlier today, walter was senior admin *i think* he's like fuck this i pay admin so i can change the map, so i change it to something else just to piss off Waleezy:banghead::banghead: lucky walter was there ^_^:headache::headache::icon_mrgreen:

That's why we have demos and a system that is supposed to work.

walterbrunswick
11-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Yes I was the fucking senior admin I get back from being AFK to find the maps being changed randomly! No votes or anything! WHAT IS THIS SHIT!?!!? :assault::assault::assault::assault:

Diabeetus
11-02-2009, 03:08 AM
Well i would hopefully think that every admin is mature enough to come to a decision to change the map instead of always provoking each other fighting about wanting or not to change the map. Wouldn't it be easier that way?

Sin
11-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Well i would hopefully think that every admin is mature enough to come to a decision to change the map instead of always provoking each other fighting about wanting or not to change the map. Wouldn't it be easier that way?

It's not up to the admins to choose what map to change it to, or if there even should be a vote. It's up to the majority of the players on the server.

Remember, you're there for the players, not for yourself. If you don't enjoy the map, and everyone else does, then you can suck it up and play or leave.

Sweet process, right?

Diabeetus
11-02-2009, 08:47 AM
It's not up to the admins to choose what map to change it to, or if there even should be a vote. It's up to the majority of the players on the server.

Remember, you're there for the players, not for yourself. If you don't enjoy the map, and everyone else does, then you can suck it up and play or leave.

Sweet process, right?

well yeah of course, its always about the players, no matter how much the admins might not like it.

Christmas
11-02-2009, 11:28 AM

No, it would be easier for the senior admin to be able to know when it is time for a map change, and when a fail random vote is brought up they can cancel it and make their own.

It would just be too much of a clusterfuck if every admin could change the map if they wanted without consequence.

Sin
11-02-2009, 11:32 AM
It would just be too much of a clusterfuck if every admin could change the map if they wanted without consequence.

This is what Sonic enjoys doing. Sonic is a great example for a poor admin.

Diabeetus
11-02-2009, 02:47 PM
im not gonna reply to this thread anymore because i know a fight will come if i try to explain the way id imagine it and other ppl do, so im gonna let you do your thing. thread closed.

Sin
11-02-2009, 04:08 PM
I for one, would love for you to share your ideas with the community, simply because it possibly will turn into an argument.

Please share?

Holy-Sonic
11-02-2009, 08:20 PM
This is what Sonic enjoys doing. Sonic is a great example for a poor admin.

i don't do that anymore, anyways the fact of the matter was waleezy does it saying he's a admin and he can do what he wants, anyways i did it yesterday so waleezy didn't get his way i changed it to some fail map again

Mallissin
11-02-2009, 09:05 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaah! *collapse*

walterbrunswick
11-02-2009, 09:08 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaah! *collapse*

I lol'd.

Holy-Sonic
11-02-2009, 11:09 PM

Sweet process, right?
this made me lol so hard, and yea you wish it would because we have waleezy and me when im in my pissy moods

Christmas
11-03-2009, 10:08 PM
im not gonna reply to this thread anymore because i know a fight will come if i try to explain the way id imagine it and other ppl do, so im gonna let you do your thing. thread closed.

I think your moderator privileges aren't working right. You said the thread is closed yet I'm still posting in it.

ZERO you should look into that...

maynard
11-04-2009, 03:05 PM

Lmfao

I for one, would love for you to share your ideas with the community, simply because it possibly will turn into an argument.

Please share?

Sin, you're hilarious.

ChronicVT
11-05-2009, 11:46 AM

And that is why EVERYONE loves Christmas! Mawahahahha! Christmas is coming... just around the corner... FOR YOU!

~Chronic

ps thread is not closed yet!

maynard
11-05-2009, 07:37 PM
I still desire egg nog...

Diabeetus
11-08-2009, 07:06 AM
well i thought this was a cool server but i guess i was wrong since it takes months to fix the servers, oh well bye

Christmas
11-08-2009, 10:11 AM
well i thought this was a cool server but i guess i was wrong since it takes months to fix the servers, oh well bye

Good riddance then.

Big baby.