PDA

View Full Version : WCS Race Balance

ZERO
11-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Official Thread For Race Balance Discussion

This thread is for discussing and recommending changes to current races.

To view the current selection of races go here: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2236

To suggest a change follow this format:

Copy the current posted version of the race found in the thread above
Using {} Show your own idea of how you think it should be adjacent to the current value also you can use it to indicate something is broken
Use <> to recommend additional changes that are beyond the current options as a comment after the raceinfo

Below is an example of these 3 easy steps in use:

Evangelion 01
Required Level: 400{600}
Levels per ability: 8{12}
(DEAGLE/P90 only)
Prog knife: *Shot vibrations who dmg and knock back your enemy
AT-Field: *5-30% chance to absorb damage
Positronkanon: *1-7% chance to do 160-300 damage
Cycloton Positrongun: *5-55% chance to paralize with you Cycloton Positrongun [p90]
Langinus throw: *50-120 damage by throwing the holy lance who stuck into Lilith
<There should be levels of cooldown for the ultimate. It is hard to use but it should be made easier by being able to fire it more often>

Rapscallion
Required Level: 80{120}
Levels per ability: 5{8}
(knife only)

Flickering Shadows: *10-55% chance to be invisible from far
Adrinaline: *20-60% more speed{BROKEN}Blades: *5-22% chance to do double knife damage

Levitation: *68-26% of normal gravity
Complete Invisibility: *Invisible when not moving [every 5-0sec]{4-0sec}
<Blades does not apply damage and needs to be fixed>

You can also make normal posts in here to discuss changes with each other and to discuss problems with races in more detail. Note however that only suggestions, problems and changes recommended that are posted using the above format will be evaluated.

Also you can view the most recent accepted recommendations in this thread: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?p=37236#post37236 and they will be indicated with []

Lastly you can view the changes that will occur in the next update in that same thread and those changes will be indicated by an *

Christmas
11-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Evangelion 01
Required Level: 400{600}
Levels per ability: 8{12}
(DEAGLE/P90 only)
Cycloton Positrongun: *5-55% chance to paralize with you Cycloton Positrongun [p90]

<remove the long-jump and speed to balance out the race. That makes it weaker to faster races (since I don't believe it has ANY weaknesses)>

maynard
11-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Evangelion 01
Required Level: 400{650}

the doors being fixed would be nice. when you're on the move and then open a door and it takes 3 and a half seconds 2 open, it's kind of annoying.

I'm not gonna write down changes for all race lvl's. but they deff need 2 be spread out. people can lvl way 2 fast. it was harder 2 get eva when it was 275 prior 2 the new races. now people get like lvl 400 in 3 days, that's just lame.

also it seems like on the forums GG ZM and pub all get a little display thing showing how much they play those server. but us in WCS get nothing. would be nice if there was something that showed your total lvl.

also make it so the hosties don't fuck you over. when ever a hostie touches you, you are like 100% stuck and have 2 hit the jump button like 10 times 2 get out of it. makes doing the objective real hard sometimes.

Blackmage
11-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Vagabond
Required Level: 170
Levels per ability: 5
(Scout only)

Flickering Shadows: *30-48% chance to be invisible from far
Adrinaline: *20-66% speed increase
Scout: *13-55% chance to deal extra damage
Levitation: *Lower gravity to .68-.26 of normal
Complete Invisibility: *Teleport to and become invisible 620-1600ft

Vagalion
Required Level: 180
(Knifeonly)

Flickering Shadows: *20-42% chance to be invisible from far
Adrinaline: *20-56% speed increase
Blade: *1-13 extra damage
Levitation: *Lower gravity to .68-.46 of normal

<Switch the abilities of these two.

The knife race has lower or equal in all stats, is easier to detect due to how he teleports(the ring residue on tele and return, compared to short dust when you leave), and for some reason the knife race doesn't have a knife when he's invisible, yet the scout race does.

The scout also turns it's shots into one hit kills much of the time, but the knife doesn't make much of a difference(well, won't), since it doesn't turn the left click into anything useful, and the right click will still be 1 right cripple, 2 right kill.>

Evangelion 01
Required Level: 400
Levels per ability: 8
(DEAGLE/P90 only)

<Remove all access to the shopmenu>

Spider Man
Required Level: 115

Spider sense: *17-30% chance to evade shots
Agility: *Jump 20-160% further and run 10-40% faster
Web-shooters: *13-31% chance to entangle enemy in web
Weblines: use your Weblines to travel

<Add some form of delay to the weblines, probably minimal, to slow down the hispeed highjinx>

Strider Hiryu
Required Level: 120
Levels per ability: 4

Flying Dragon: *Bind +fly hold to fly, release to land 1-4 speed
Advanced High Jump: *10-30% chance to increase high jump on a kill
Kayakujutsu: *Bind strider to use, The art of fire and explosives
Portal: *Save and teleport to location

<Change Kayakujutsu bind to ability to streamline wards>

acolyte_to_jippity
11-05-2009, 10:34 PM
definately fix blades for rapscallion. When you max out the skill it should always deal double, or at least like 70% of the time.

Athena
Required Level: 110
Athena's Realm: *12-33% chance to do 20-60% more damage
Athena's Spear: *13-33% chance for extra damage
Necalace of Immunity: *10-45% chance to be immune to ultimates
Golden Helmet: *20-66% chance to evade head shots
*Medusa's gaze: *Freeze 3-4 people at 550-750ft
<increase time the people are frozen. maybe make the time leveled? like lv. 1 will freeze for 1.7 sec, but lv. 5 will freeze for like 3 or 3.5>

ZERO
11-06-2009, 12:27 AM
I can use the teleport from the scout race on the knife version also I can update and fig the damage for that race.

I am not sure if I can level freeze time but I could increase it and level the coodown time instead.

For spiderman maybe I should level the cooldown also that and a lot of these races need more levels. I will be posting this weekend with my recommend changes.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-06-2009, 11:12 AM
i think spiderman is fine. esp. the lack of cooldown for it's ultimate. if anything, i'd reduce the distance traveled w/ ultimate by a little, as i could have maxed out weblines, but any higher than 3 or 4, you travel just way too damn fast and far to control easily.

What would be awesome though, would be if you hit an enemy w/ your weblines, they'd be stuck/blinded/somehow effected. Maybe it would pull them towards you or fooled w/ them somehow.

panorama, the one skill says it turns the enemy's view upsidedown, but actuually triggers drugs on them. Change the wording for that skill to be more clear.

more will probabky come later

maynard
11-06-2009, 03:08 PM
i think spiderman is fine. esp. the lack of cooldown for it's ultimate. if anything, i'd reduce the distance traveled w/ ultimate by a little, as i could have maxed out weblines, but any higher than 3 or 4, you travel just way too damn fast and far to control easily.

What would be awesome though, would be if you hit an enemy w/ your weblines, they'd be stuck/blinded/somehow effected. Maybe it would pull them towards you or fooled w/ them somehow.

panorama, the one skill says it turns the enemy's view upsidedown, but actuually triggers drugs on them. Change the wording for that skill to be more clear.

more will probabky come later

agreed spiderman is fine. if people want 2 freak out and fly around big open maps using there ultimate constantly, let them. cause they're gonna die when they try 2 land back on the ground Lol.

ChronicVT
11-06-2009, 04:22 PM
it would be nice if the reaction of turning visible and ability to shoot was quicker for Vagabond... you lose the suprise due to a one to two second response after becoming visible before you can fire the rifle...

it would be nice if the Eva could at least drop the bomb, much like it happens to Vagabond, so that the objective can be executed without having to wait for Eva to die...

it would be nice if damage was remove from Strider's landing or coming to ground...

It would be nice if someone would show me how to fly as the friggin crow when playing Magician...

other wise each race has a pro and con... despite people cry'n that one race is better than other... And there should be allowed two Vagabonds per team... so when Patriot and I play we don't have to change what we are great at playing as or switch teams... And get rid of that Rapscillion, it is a thorn to my Vagabond class...

~Chronic

ZERO
11-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Here is my ideas for changes. Basically increase the level requirements for all the new races. It is apparent that they are balanced with the old races even at a high level requirement. Also it has been seen that they level very quickly and so increases to their level caps to increase leveling time. These changes will result in a better dispersion of the races and will get people to actually play with a race before they can unlock the next one. If you already use a race these changes would not effect it other than require you to level it more. :wtg:

Evangelion 01
Required Level: 400{700}
Levels per ability: 8{16}
(DEAGLE/P90 only)
Raiden
Required Level: 10 {120}
Levels per ability: 5 {7}
Fighting Thunder: *Chance to do 90-240% more nade damage
Thundrbolt: *25% chance to do 30-240% more damage
Thunder God: *25% chance to shake enemy 1-5 seconds
Raidens Rath: *Damage 3-5 enemies at longer ranges
Magician
Required Level: 10 {130}
Levels per ability: 4 {8}
Levitation: *5-11% chance to shoot enemy into the air
Disapearing Dash: *15-33% chance to disappear for .8-1.3 sec
The Crow: *11-33% chance to turn into a crow when killed
Up in Smoke: *Disappear in cloud of smoke and remain invisible for .5-1.7 seconds
Shadow Of The Void
Required Level: 32 {130}
Levels per ability: 4 {6}
Immune To Enemy Ultimates: *55-70% chance
Do Extra Damage: *13-33% chance to do 3-13 damage
Blind The Enemy: *5-20% chance to blind
Black Hole: *20-28% chance for 2-4sec
Eye Ra
Required Level: 35 {150}
Levels per ability: 4 {6}
Resurrect: *15-50% chance to raise teammate
Blink of an Eye: *21-33% chance to evade shots
Lens of Truth: *5-36%{5-99} chance to reveal cloaked enemy
Summon: *Activation delay of 6-3{6-2} seconds
Nebula
Required Level: 45 {160}
Levels per ability: 5 {6}
Maser: *22% chance to do 30-240% more damage
ProtoStar: *30-58% chance to raise teammate
Messier: *13-37% chance to do more damage
Nebula: *Disappear for 1-5sec
<cool down is leveled>
Molecule
Required Level: 45{160}
Levels per ability: 5{6}
Speed: *10-40% more speed
Electric Shock: *15% chance for 30-70% more damage
Evade: *11-33% chance to evade shots
Force Field: *Freeze and take no damage for 1-4.5sec
<leveled cool down>
Die Xonvert
Required Level: 53{180}
Levels per ability: 7
Freeze by fear: *5-23% chance to freeze enemy
Blood lust: *33% chance to get 1/8-1/3.5 hp from damage
Ritual: *start with 12-50 extra hp
Zeal: *move faster for 2-7sec
Beast
Required Level: 53{190}
Rage of the Beast: *8-22% chance to do extra damage
Resurrection Of The Beast: *13-33% chance to respawn
Blind: *8-28% chance to blind for .7-2 sec
Burning Blind: *8-28% chance to blind+burn for .7-2 sec
Teleport: *Every 8-3sec for 620-2600ft
Rapscallion
Required Level: 80{200}
(knife only)
Flickering Shadows: *10-55% chance to be invisible from far
Adrinaline: *20-60% more speed
Blades: *5-22% chance to do double knife damage
Levitation: *68-26% of normal gravity
Complete Invisibility: *Invisible when not moving [every 5-0sec]
Genocide
Required Level: 95{220}
Levels per ability: 4{8}
Regeneration: *18-33% chance to get 1/4-1/2.5 hp from damage
Genocide: *18-33% chance to do extra damage
Grenades: *18-99% chance to do extra nade damage
Deja Vu: *go back in time 1.5-5 sec
Athena
Required Level: 110{240}
Athena's Realm: *12-33% chance to do 20-60% more damage
Athena's Spear: *13-33% chance for extra damage
Necalace of Immunity: *10-45% chance to be immune to ultimates
Golden Helmet: *20-66% chance to evade head shots
*Medusa's gaze: *Freeze 3-4 people at 550-750ft every 15-10sec
<level the amount of time you can use ultimate>
Spider Man {250}
Required Level: 115
Spider sense: *17-30% chance to evade shots
Agility: *Jump 20-160% further and run 10-40% faster
Web-shooters: *13-31% chance to entangle enemy in web
Weblines: use your Weblines to travel
Strider Hiryu
Required Level: 120{260}
Levels per ability: 4{6}
Flying Dragon: *Bind +fly hold to fly, release to land 1-4 speed
Advanced High Jump: *10-50% chance to increase high jump on a kill
Kayakujutsu: *Bind strider to use, The art of fire and explosives
Portal: *Save and teleport to location
Dragon Fly
Required Level: 130{270}
Blood Loss: *5-35% chance to do extra damage
Death Sparks: *18-33% chance to leave deadly sparks on death
Weapon Menu: *28-62% chance to get a weapon menu on spawn
Jet Fule: *Fly at 1.3-3 speed with partial invisibility
Panorama
Required Level: 140{280}
Wall Climb: *Climb 45-200ft at a time
Flip View: *5-28% chance to flip enemy view upside down
Rematch: *25-46% chance on death to reverse time for both players in 3-8 seconds
Zoom: Use a Scope on any weapon
=Jack=
Required Level: 160{300}
Levels per ability: 4{10}
*Pinochle: *18-33% chance to deal extra damage
*Spades: *1.2-2.6 long jump at 20-40% speed increase
*Clubs: *18-33% chance to push enemy when hit
*Hearts: *33% chance to leech 1/4.5-1/3hp from enemy
*Jack of all trades: *Switch between AK/Scout
<leveled cool down 7|7|6|5|5|4|3|2|1|0>
Vagabond
Required Level: 170{310}
Levels per ability: 5{10}
(Scout only)
Flickering Shadows: *30-48% chance to be invisible from far
Adrinaline: *20-66% speed increase
Scout: *13-55% chance to deal extra damage
Levitation: *Lower gravity to .68-.26 of normal
Vagalion
Required Level: 180{320}
Levels per ability: 5{10}
(Knifeonly)

Flickering Shadows: *20-75% chance to be invisible from far
Adrinaline: *20-56% speed increase
Blade: *50% chance for (1-10)-(65-100) extra damage
Levitation: *Lower gravity to .68-.46 of normal
<fix blade damage and replace teleport ability with the one from the scout race>

What do you think?

maynard
11-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I think it's beautiful. it literally brought a tear 2 my eye. when will it be implemented?

ZERO
11-06-2009, 08:37 PM
I can do it this weekend. :wtg:

maynard
11-06-2009, 08:40 PM
I can do it this weekend. :wtg:

I love you, Zero.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-07-2009, 01:42 AM
how long will athena freeze?

that's the one problem i have w/ athena. You freeze people so far away, and then by the time you turn around to find the blue trail and get moving, they're already unfrozen and ready to kill your face off <sic>

oh, and also, what exxactly does panorama mean about "get weapon menue at spawn"? don't you always have that?

and...ah! strider. change the kayakujutshi-shu thing to a normal ability. it makes key mapping easier. people don't need to have two keys, one for each ward.

ZERO
11-08-2009, 06:17 PM
That is why it says that it is a % chance to get the menu. Also you can mind multiple things to the same key you just need it in the cfg file and make it read only. I will see if that can be changed in the future but right now it could break things.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-08-2009, 10:31 PM
but what does it actually do?

ChronicVT
11-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Maynard do your lips get any bigger... LOL

Zero, I am sure i speak for most of us on WCServer, when I say we are willing to try any suggestive changes, and as you are aware you will get feedback regardless of good or bad... the fact that you spend so much time and effort for us, we could only be respectful, and give it a try... Testing something to work is a step in the right diercetion... lets get it implament soon, so we can work out any kinks!

~Rogue

Baby steps are always the first step before leaping head first ~Anonymous

maynard
11-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Maynard do your lips get any bigger... LOL

I love when people try 2 act clever, and fail.:stupid:

acolyte_to_jippity
11-10-2009, 11:42 AM
oh, i forgot something. i think spiderman should have reduced (or nullified) fall damage. it's ultimate is way to hard to control at any level above 2 and even then you lose most of your health by hitting the ground too hard

Christmas
11-10-2009, 01:25 PM
oh, i forgot something. i think spiderman should have reduced (or nullified) fall damage. it's ultimate is way to hard to control at any level above 2 and even then you lose most of your health by hitting the ground too hard

It's really not that hard.

If you take away the challenge in using a skill then you ruin the fun in using the race. Especially for those who do well with certain skills that other players falter with.

acolyte_to_jippity
11-10-2009, 03:30 PM
oh, on the right map (crackhouse, deathcookin, militia, dust) i can rock it with lv. 2 ultimate. It's just something that's kinda annoying. especially when a single letter press sends you ALL the way across the map a super speeds (lv. 4 & 5 ultimate, now i guess going up to 7 too)

ChronicVT
11-11-2009, 10:56 AM
I thought that those who already had Eva (mine I had just maxed out) would keep them, and it would only affect those who had not opened a race... I lost my Eva just after I maxed it out, just because I am only in five hundreds... took me one hundred levls to max it, due to maynard and a few others griping I used it alot, and had to use other races... so where did my experience go... my ability points... I earned them... skills did not end up on some other race, like before did it?

~Chronic

Blackmage
11-11-2009, 02:35 PM
IIRC, Zero said, any race that you had leveled prior to the updates, but no longer have access to would keep the levels, and when you got access back to them, it would be the same as prior.

ChronicVT
11-11-2009, 02:57 PM
so i need to wait 200 levels to access what i earned previously, and get it given all back to me... I want my lawyer... thsi sounds suspicious

~Chronic

ZERO
11-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Also the levels per ability have been changed so for races like eva that were maxed are now at 50% power. This applies to many of the other races too. It is important to note that this change does not alter the difference between high and low level players as lets say two people unlock eva although the player that use to have it maxed now only has it at 50% the new player still has it at 0 and it will take them longer to reach the same 50% mark that used to be 100%.

So please note that the changes no matter what they are always benefit old vs new players. Also if you gained levels over max already with eva you can still access those extra points and apply them immediately to the skills you want.

I want to make it clear that this update and all future updates will ALWAYS balance out to actually be a slight benefit to the higher level players.

maynard
11-11-2009, 05:29 PM
so i need to wait 200 levels to access what i earned previously, and get it given all back to me... I want my lawyer... thsi sounds suspicious

~Chronic

funny.

Christmas
12-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Vagabond needs to be nerfed.

When someone can go 40-0 on dust2 something isn't right.

Also the team balance needs to work. Three players on one team with a +2:1 KD while not a single player on the opposite team with a 1:1 KD.

The server has serious balance issues.

mastercheff
12-29-2009, 03:37 PM
your saying someone is that pro with scout? also thats why i left ibis wcs its just not balanced half of the time a player just rushes the enemy spanw and dominates them

maynard
12-29-2009, 03:38 PM
When someone can go 40-0 on dust2 something isn't right.

agreed... so go athena? WCS isn't about picking a race, and just playing it cause you want 2, you actually have 2 change your race 2 counter other ppl from time 2 time. and as stated before.. athena DESTROYS all fast and invis classes.

Christmas
12-29-2009, 05:58 PM
agreed... so go athena? WCS isn't about picking a race, and just playing it cause you want 2, you actually have 2 change your race 2 counter other ppl from time 2 time. and as stated before.. athena DESTROYS all fast and invis classes.

I am not at a high enough level to use the Athena.

And I'm aware of the whole "changing races for strategies lawl" but the ability to go invisible and teleport halfway across the map cause you can is irritating, especially when you are unable to use a race to counter it. Sure I could use the Night Elf but the ultimate does not have a comparable range. If the ultimate for vaginabond (im so witty lul) had a cooldown of maybe 2-5 seconds it would force users to think more on their feet, though I am not sure how that could be done.

maynard
12-29-2009, 06:30 PM
I am not at a high enough level to use the Athena.

And I'm aware of the whole "changing races for strategies lawl" but the ability to go invisible and teleport halfway across the map cause you can is irritating, especially when you are unable to use a race to counter it. Sure I could use the Night Elf but the ultimate does not have a comparable range. If the ultimate for vaginabond (im so witty lul) had a cooldown of maybe 2-5 seconds it would force users to think more on their feet, though I am not sure how that could be done.

I'm not denying that it's a cheap race... but cause it's cheap and a bit trickyer 2 beat than the average race... doesn't mean it should be nerfed. just simply figure out how they move, and beat them. I can take a vaginalion on as any class, it's not hard, they only teleport where they are looking, knowing that and having the advantage of seeing them on your radar = win win. like I said when you all complained about eva, just get better. also vaginalion and bond both make a unique noise everytime they come in and out of stealth... so there's another easy way 2 know if 1's on your ass, or about 2 shoot you. the only time they have the advantage is when you're running around in the open and they snipe you from far away.

Christmas
12-29-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm not denying that it's a cheap race... but cause it's cheap and a bit trickyer 2 beat than the average race... doesn't mean it should be nerfed. just simply figure out how they move, and beat them. I can take a vaginalion on as any class, it's not hard, they only teleport where they are looking, knowing that and having the advantage of seeing them on your radar = win win. like I said when you all complained about eva, just get better. also vaginalion and bond both make a unique noise everytime they come in and out of stealth... so there's another easy way 2 know if 1's on your ass, or about 2 shoot you. the only time they have the advantage is when you're running around in the open and they snipe you from far away.

I still maintain that the eva should be removed. The reason I don't bitch about it as much is because nobody plays it anymore due to the fact nobody likes the person who continually plays that race.

maynard
12-29-2009, 09:41 PM
nobody plays it anymore due to the fact nobody likes the person who continually plays that race.

lol that's not why ppl don't play it.

Christmas
12-29-2009, 09:44 PM
lol that's not why ppl don't play it.

Why not then?

maynard
12-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Why not then?

cause it's broken. ultimate doesn't work at all.

ChronicVT
12-30-2009, 09:46 AM
I don't play it anymore... only because it is so far outta reach, now that it is level 700... and I am just under 600... and though I play almost every day... the leveling takes longer... kinda forces me to play lame classes I would not normally play just for the levels... but that is the way the levels are setup... I loved playing Eva... who doesn't... most of the complaints regarding Eva, come from those who don't play Eva... or those who can't yet... Talk last night suggested making other "Prime" classes... The knife max class could be like Rogue (hint, hint Zero)... on some other WCServers the Rogue class is even more powerful than Eva... there are other "powerful" classes out there... instead of making classes "outta reach", or ridding them completely... lets make other "powerful" classes to compete with the Eva...

it should also be noted that individual players play differently... some play well as Vagalion, some some play well as Raiden... but the one who plays well as Vagalion, may not play well as Raiden... it is of the individual playing skills that bring the game TOGETHER... like last night when all the CT's were all ibis staff and we all came together with the class we were playing... we won... not everyone likes a particular classes that someone else is good at playing... that is life... but when everyone on your team, plays a class in which each is good at, makes for a rather fun game... and that is the point of us playing... to have fun... I could see if we were playing for more serious reasons, but... But, we're not...

So... in short lets look into classes with "equal" powerfulness and rid ourselves of some of the lesser played classes... Like Succubus Hunter, Crypt Lord, Hells Demon, Panorama, Nebula, or even Shadow of Void, for the reason it lags server when preforming ultimate... Let's look into a powerful knife class, more powerful shotgun class, lets look into equaling out classes... and for Christ sakes, master a class of yuor chosing and stop whining that someone else is better at that class than you... lol

Just my opinion what's yours?

~Rogue

maynard
12-30-2009, 11:50 AM
So... in short lets look into classes with "equal" powerfulness and rid ourselves of some of the lesser played classes... Like Succubus Hunter, Crypt Lord, Hells Demon, Panorama, Nebula, or even Shadow of Void, for the reason it lags server when preforming ultimate... Let's look into a powerful knife class, more powerful shotgun class, lets look into equaling out classes... and for Christ sakes, master a class of yuor chosing and stop whining that someone else is better at that class than you... lol

Just my opinion what's yours?

~Rogue

so you want 2 remove a bunch of good classes just cause you personally, and some new ppl 2 WCS don't play them? that makes sense...

WCS is not supposed 2 be equal. all the classes you listed are good classes ppl play a lot. if you want 2 talk about classes no 1 plays then lets talk about charmeleon or night elf.

someone whose spent as much time on the server as you have shouldn't be complaining about hitting lvl 700. if you tried playing more then just l33t classes like vegabond constantly, you would easily have your eva back.

and though I play almost every day
lies
where the hell you been??? you havent been playing on the server regularly for like a month now. it's like you and myself for original admins on that server now. recoil doesn't ever play anymore =(

EDIT... just wanted 2 add that crypt lord is an amazing class...

ChronicVT
12-30-2009, 12:12 PM
HEY MAYNARD... it was ONLY a suggestion... you know... like a think tank... leave the classes we have... they DO NOT necessarily have to be removed to ADD other classes... but there ARE other classes out there as powerful as the Eva... we just don't have them yet...

Take a chill pill... and maybe even your anti-bitter pill... nobody said it WOULD, or that we SHOULD... suggestions are merely suggestions...

So back off Fry Girl... :lmao:

I play under the name " Rogue <ibis.a> "...

And I play my high level classes to stay in contention of the big boys (and some girls)... and it takes ten times longer to level up... My Vagabond, Hell Hunter, Undead Scourge, Human Alliance, Night Elves, Flame Predator, Chameleon, Raiden, Eye Ra, Beast, Athena, =Jack=, Orchish Horde, and Magician are maxed out or damn close to maxed out that it takes longer to level up! My Eva (when I get it back) was maxed out... I think I do pretty good and continue to play well... somedays i am on fire... other days I am sober...

I miss Recoil.... sniff, sniff

But some new Admins... Superman (hahaha, to signature picture) Mastergunz (who better get back his Admin) and the others who have come over from ZM to play... it is awesome... Last night all CT's were ibis.a staff, and it was the best time we have had on the server in a long time....

~Chronic (aka Rogue)

maynard
12-30-2009, 12:21 PM
HEY MAYNARD... it was ONLY a suggestion... you know... like a think tank... leave the classes we have... they DO NOT necessarily have to be removed to ADD other classes... but there ARE other classes out there as powerful as the Eva... we just don't have them yet...

Take a chill pill... and maybe even your anti-bitter pill... nobody said it WOULD, or that we SHOULD... suggestions are merely suggestions...

So back off Fry Girl... :lmao:

I play under the name " Rogue <ibis.a> "...

And I play my high level classes to stay in contention of the big boys (and some girls)... and it takes ten times longer to level up... My Vagabond, Hell Hunter, Undead Scourge, Human Alliance, Night Elves, Flame Predator, Chameleon, Raiden, Eye Ra, Beast, Athena, =Jack=, Orchish Horde, and Magician are maxed out or damn close to maxed out that it takes longer to level up! My Eva (when I get it back) was maxed out... I think I do pretty good and continue to play well... somedays i am on fire... other days I am sober...

I miss Recoil.... sniff, sniff

But some new Admins... Superman (hahaha, to signature picture) Mastergunz (who better get back his Admin) and the others who have come over from ZM to play... it is awesome... Last night all CT's were ibis.a staff, and it was the best time we have had on the server in a long time....

~Chronic (aka Rogue)

Hey rogue, it was only constructive criticism. just cause I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm not chill lol.

and I know you play on rogue... ive gametracked both acounts... neither have barley been used in a month +, hence me asking where you've been.

the hell is a fry girl?

ChronicVT
12-30-2009, 12:40 PM
I was just on last night... but that doesn't surprise me that your gametracker doesn't track me... none of my wins in GunGame registered either...

But I do play atleast once a day... ask my bitching, nagging, neglected wife...

~Rogue

maynard
12-30-2009, 12:47 PM
I was just on last night... but that doesn't surprise me that your gametracker doesn't track me... none of my wins in GunGame registered either...

But I do play atleast once a day... ask my bitching, nagging, neglected wife...

~Rogue

game tracker tracks everything, including you being on last night

http://www.gametracker.com/server/174.36.201.114:27015/player/Rogue%20%3Cibis.a%3E/

I thought you and your wife were split up? and share the kid? thought I heard you a few times go on about how you got your kid this week or for the weekend and shit.

Christmas
12-31-2009, 12:25 AM
cause it's broken. ultimate doesn't work at all.

Good. Fucking hate that race.

maynard
01-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Good. Fucking hate that race.

Lol.. most do.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-06-2010, 07:10 PM
i think the races are fine as they are.

maynard
01-07-2010, 10:33 PM
i think the races are fine as they are.

agreed

Xerxes
01-28-2010, 07:49 PM
I think that the one thing that needs to be fixed is all of the broken abilities. Get those fixed, then worry about inbalanced. If I can I will work on a list of all classes with broken abilities. That is, if that helps.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-28-2010, 07:51 PM
only 2broken classes right now:

eva (ult. don't work apparently)
hells demon.

the classes glitch occasionally, but that's to be expected, this is a heavily modded server after all

Blackmage
01-28-2010, 07:58 PM
And Flame Pred doesn't force weapon's drop, or burn people. And Dragonfly doesn't give weapon's menu. And... :)

There are actually quite a few problems right now, but the man in charge is fixing them.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-28-2010, 08:28 PM
And Flame Pred doesn't force weapon's drop, or burn people. And Dragonfly doesn't give weapon's menu. And... :)

There are actually quite a few problems right now, but the man in charge is fixing them.

oh, true. the weapons menu one i forgot.

but flame pred does cause drops and fire. it's not every time of course, there's a chance

Xerxes
01-28-2010, 08:36 PM
There are more than that. Blood Mage's Banish does not work. Human's Bash doesn't work. Neither does most of Crypt Lord's abilities. Proudmoore's Deagle/M4A1 spawn doesn't work.

As I said, I will post information when I get a chance.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-28-2010, 09:18 PM
proudmoor' weap. spawn does work, but extremely low chance.

banish does work, but normally goes away too fast to notice (it doesn't actually banish, just screws up the view)

bash...meh. not sure. didn't spend enough time on hooman to really tell

Blackmage
02-02-2010, 01:54 AM
If those flame pred abilities DO work, their percentage has been dropped below 1%, or else I am the luckiest person being attacked by, and the most unlucky person attacking with flame pred. I know I haven't seen a weapon drop even during speccing other preds either. (fully maxed preds, in well over a month)

maynard
02-02-2010, 12:06 PM
the new WCS change is supposed 2 fix it everything... report broken shit after the change. not before.

Xerxes
02-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Don't you mean 'during?' It only adds to the work unless it is known during the re-working of, correct?

Regardless, listing as much information as possible about errors and non-working abilities/powers are key to resolving the issue. So I'd think it would help no matter what stage Zero is in. Plus a "We're working on it." helps too.

maynard
02-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Don't you mean 'during?' It only adds to the work unless it is known during the re-working of, correct?

Regardless, listing as much information as possible about errors and non-working abilities/powers are key to resolving the issue. So I'd think it would help no matter what stage Zero is in. Plus a "We're working on it." helps too.

no, cause the new system is supposed 2 fix all the races, bugs and lag, so zero has said. so posting about broken shit right now is pointless. also zero wont be fixing anything till the new system is launched, and apparently when it is launched there wont be much of anything 2 fix anyway.

Blackmage
02-02-2010, 08:11 PM
There are at least a few good reasons to keep a list of currently broken things.

First and foremost, gives people knowledge for the rest of the month, at least, until the new server is up and running.

Second, depending on how he's programming, if we have a list and anything doesn't get fixed that was broken, he can compare new and old code.

Yes, posting anything now won't get it fixed as it is, but that doesn't mean that posting broken shit is a bad thing.

maynard
02-02-2010, 08:41 PM
First and foremost, gives people knowledge for the rest of the month, at least, until the new server is up and running.

like 3% of the WCS community actually comes on the forums Lol. and majority of the time ppl do come here from WCS, it's cause they've been told 2 come check the rules out.

go nutts post all the problems you guys want. I was just trying 2 say that nothing will be done about it till after the new WCS setup... and apparently when that happens there wont be any race glitches anyway

acolyte_to_jippity
02-02-2010, 11:19 PM
god, i remember when people were just really discovering the flame pred and hellhunter classes. everyone thought they were so cheap and overpowered...

good times.

Swifcfer
02-26-2010, 10:09 PM
When you say the races that dont work, like chameleon,dragon fly ect.. does that meen hells demon will aslo be fixed so that it will not bugged the server and crash other peoples games... i could use those levels, been dieing to play eva :alright:

acolyte_to_jippity
02-26-2010, 10:36 PM
why do you have a smily of someone smacking the back of someone's head for that post swif?

Swifcfer
02-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Because im sad about not having eva and your being the nice jiippity you are and paating me on the back:D

acolyte_to_jippity
02-26-2010, 10:53 PM
ooohhhh...nope.

looks more like i'm smacking you on the back of your head for wanting to add another eva to the mix.

taking all my fucking kills

speaking of which i'm rewatching neon genesis evangelion

Swifcfer
02-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Haha well i just want to fool around with prog knife,cause it looks fun, i kinda wanna level my vagalion to 75 just so i can say its to 75 for now :p Right now im still trying to get unbanned,, :twak

Swifcfer
02-26-2010, 11:31 PM
:twak: **

ZERO
02-26-2010, 11:38 PM
It is patting him on the back not smacking his head...

Also yes the main point of trying to convert the server into sourcemod is so that all of the races will work correctly. This is a VERY difficult task as the sourcemod version operates differently. Regardless I am pressing ahead and hope that I can work around problems as they come. For example the interface on the new system if a bit different and I think worse but it is worth it to have something that actually works.

XxMastagunzxX
02-26-2010, 11:53 PM
ooohhhh...nope.

looks more like i'm smacking you on the back of your head for wanting to add another eva to the mix.

taking all my fucking kills

speaking of which i'm rewatching neon genesis evangelion

The worst anime ever...:smirk:

Swifcfer
02-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Yah i bet, Good luck with it all, btw i think your wcs is great its the best mod ive played i have tried to play other ones since i cant play that one anymore and there not nearly as good so Good Job :wtg:

maynard
02-27-2010, 12:00 AM
yah i bet, good luck with it all, btw i think your wcs is great its the best mod ive played i have tried to play other ones since i cant play that one anymore and there not nearly as good so good job :wtg:

wcs ftw!

Swifcfer
02-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Yep ;D Every since i found the server it took my life away, its like a drug i cant stop playing it, being banned sucks :/

loka
02-27-2010, 01:40 AM
why do you have a smily of someone smacking the back of someone's head for that post swif?

he's patting him on the back consoling him. not sure where you see it smacking the back of the head. what does critiquing his smilies in his post have to do with the thread anyways?

acolyte_to_jippity
02-27-2010, 02:34 AM
he's patting him on the back consoling him. not sure where you see it smacking the back of the head. what does critiquing his smilies in his post have to do with the thread anyways?

why do you have anything to do with wcs?

Bullshit
03-02-2010, 12:33 PM
wcs ftw!

No you wring. Ibis wcs is the best :icon_mrgreen:

Wolfenstinger
03-28-2010, 06:26 PM
dragonfly weapon menu works excellently.. just a little too excellent. the dragonfly can spawn a bomb and a defusal kit (thus allowing the dragonfly if T to spam bombs for free xp). they can also type weapons while dead, thus bringing the menu up and allowing them to spawn weapons / bomb / defusal kit / nades for whoever they spectate. I dont know if your able to remove the bomb from weapon menu or not, but the use of a weapon menu while dead is pretty glitchy, especially if they spawn a defusal kit / bomb for a vaga

other than that, dragon fly pews :wtg:

Flandria4
03-30-2010, 12:24 PM
About Dragon Fly... I think its stupid that they have to spam te chat full with the command 'weapons'. Please remove it from the chatlist.

Other than that, what are new players going to do on the WCS server and what im I supposed to do if I am total lvl 240 and my races will be unattainable?

I think that rapscallion is useless right now. I maxed it because I thought it was very good but after all you die 90% of the times after doing the first damage if your ememy is hunting you. Its kinda camp race.

After all, the most races are mixes from what we already know. Like the new Bunny Hop race is a Flame predator mix with some other races. What if (the new) races can use the four elements: Fire, Water, Earth and Air. Races like that would making IBIS WCS remarkable and challenger. Each race has one weakness and one strenght point against an other race. Afcourse the four elements are just an example of my idea, but now are some races underpowerd and expensive and other races overpowerd and cheap.

That was an global idea how I think over the WCS server right now. After all, I still love it and it is my favorite CSS server, thanks for hosting :D

acolyte_to_jippity
03-30-2010, 12:34 PM
flandria, the new people will do what they're always done. either stick it out and keep playing, get better, and join in...or bitch about the server and ragequit. as for you, try a different race.

j!mmy_pop[KMFDM]
03-30-2010, 01:09 PM
What if (the new) races can use the four elements: Fire, Water, Earth and Air. Races like that would making IBIS WCS remarkable and challenger. Each race has one weakness and one strenght point against an other race.

dude, this isnt runescape, or Diablo, or any other little RPG out there.

THIS IS WCS.

If i ever see a pop-up on screen saying "you got hit with Flandria4's water missile" i will personally hunt you down and poop in your living room.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-30-2010, 01:27 PM
;59595']dude, this isnt runescape, or Diablo, or any other little RPG out there.

THIS IS WCS.

If i ever see a pop-up on screen saying "you got hit with Flandria4's water missile" i will personally hunt you down and poop in your living room.

this. most definately true jimmy

Flandria4
03-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Each race has one weakness and one strenght point against an other race. Afcourse the four elements are just an example of my idea.

It was an idea, what I mean is that races sould have an weakness and strenght against each other. I see that other games also have such an system but I don't want such thing as a 'water strike' or what did you say.

What I want is that higher races are vulnerable too.

If your are a Flame predator its almost impossible to kill an Athena or Eva, what is there weak point if you like kniving?

acolyte_to_jippity
03-30-2010, 01:47 PM
ok, lets ee, the so called "power races" of our wcs:

from the beginning...

flame pred
hell hunter
eva
spiderman
jack
vagabond
vagalion

now, there exist perfect counters to each and every one of these races.

flame pred, you got anything that can fly, hell hunter, or shadow hunter, or sucubus hunter, or anything else w/ long jump, vagabond

hell hunter, most anything at all. only reason they're a power race is because of ulti...which isn't the best to begin w/. i guess shadow hunter or molecule would be the best (just ride the ult out)

eva, you got athena, shadow hunter...and that's pretty much it. wouldn't be the "reward race" if it was easy to kill, though vagabonds can handle it pretty well

spidy, night elf or athena'll rape a spidy. as will a shadow hunter or hell hunter

jack, use shadow hunter, or athena, vagabond, or vagalion

vagabond/vagalion, athena, night elf, flame pred, or sucubus hunter.

everything has counters dude.

Flandria4
03-30-2010, 02:48 PM
ok, lets ee, the so called "power races" of our wcs:

from the beginning...

flame pred
hell hunter
eva
spiderman
jack
vagabond
vagalion

now, there exist perfect counters to each and every one of these races.

flame pred, you got anything that can fly, hell hunter, or shadow hunter, or sucubus hunter, or anything else w/ long jump, vagabond

hell hunter, most anything at all. only reason they're a power race is because of ulti...which isn't the best to begin w/. i guess shadow hunter or molecule would be the best (just ride the ult out)

eva, you got athena, shadow hunter...and that's pretty much it. wouldn't be the "reward race" if it was easy to kill, though vagabonds can handle it pretty well

spidy, night elf or athena'll rape a spidy. as will a shadow hunter or hell hunter

jack, use shadow hunter, or athena, vagabond, or vagalion

vagabond/vagalion, athena, night elf, flame pred, or sucubus hunter.

everything has counters dude.

Wtf? Can you make it next time more clear please? And it is like everybody hates me lol

Wolfenstinger
03-30-2010, 03:36 PM
was just reading all your people's posts about counters for certain races. honestly there are counters some people just dont see.

Vagalion - Itself (Player teles into a curved wall), Shadow of the void, warden, athena, hell hunter (if you can aim), eva, shadow hunter, santa (nades), undead (nades / random spray)

Ofcourse that IS just a few vagalion counters *cough cough*. Pretty sure there are more but all vagalions have a unique teleing method. Mine just so happens to be where im up in the air 98% of the time and constantly using it as my movement.

Point being... think outside the box, and shopmenu 3 2 when you hear a vaga nearby

callo
03-30-2010, 03:40 PM
was just reading all your people's posts about counters for certain races. honestly there are counters some people just dont see.

Vagalion - Itself (Player teles into a curved wall), Shadow of the void, warden, athena, hell hunter (if you can aim), eva, shadow hunter, santa (nades), undead (nades / random spray)

Ofcourse that IS just a few vagalion counters *cough cough*. Pretty sure there are more but all vagalions have a unique teleing method. Mine just so happens to be where im up in the air 98% of the time and constantly using it as my movement.

Point being... think outside the box, and shopmenu 3 2 when you hear a vaga nearby

1 immunity necklace and all but the most skilled vaglion would be instantly useless. the most skilled being someone who can tele and get off a kill mid movement before becoming unablet o move

acolyte_to_jippity
03-30-2010, 04:44 PM
1 immunity necklace and all but the most skilled vaglion would be instantly useless. the most skilled being someone who can tele and get off a kill mid movement before becoming unablet o move

wolf.

maynard
03-30-2010, 05:44 PM
;59595'] runescape

gross.

Blackmage
03-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Oh, just ask wolf, people like to try and hunt him with necklaces :)

One question for wolf though, "undead (nades / random spray)"? I don't follow. I do agree with "itself"... Stupid curved surfaces...

j!mmy_pop[KMFDM]
03-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Wtf? Can you make it next time more clear please? And it is like everybody hates me lol

first off, I dont know how you can get clearer than that. if you truly don't understand then read the raceinfo for each class he described and you will see how their ultimate/abilities make them counter a race.

secondly... i don't hate i was just saying that your idea would be stupid and redundant.

thirdly.... well i dont have a thirdly but i wanted to type the word thirdly because it looks cool.:icon_mrgreen:

j!mmy_pop[KMFDM]
03-30-2010, 09:01 PM
gross.

yes maynard... it does make me vomit in the mouth, but i could not think of anything else for comparison

Wolfenstinger
03-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Oh, just ask wolf, people like to try and hunt him with necklaces :)

One question for wolf though, "undead (nades / random spray)"? I don't follow. I do agree with "itself"... Stupid curved surfaces...

undead have their vampiric aura. if the nade hits the vagalion, a red line is directed exactly where the vagalion is. Same goes with the random spray. BOY i love talking about vagalion counters. :icon_mrgreen:

Chikun
03-30-2010, 10:28 PM
All races fall before me.

None shall pass.

And as for the "power races" wth. The only race i think that's really gay is nebula which is way underrated imo.

Nebula: "You hit the enemy once with the glock, +900 dmg"

acolyte_to_jippity
03-30-2010, 11:08 PM
All races fall before me.

None shall pass.

And as for the "power races" wth. The only race i think that's really gay is nebula which is way underrated imo.

Nebula: "You hit the enemy once with the glock, +900 dmg"

oh yeah, nebula and molecule. forgot about those. they deserve to be up there as well.

nebula, any long range class, shadow hunter, molecule, or...actually, there is no good counter for nebula. i mean, it's a pretty simple damage class. no real strategies against it. you find it and it's facing you, the faster shooter wins, you find it and it's facing away from you, you win.

molecule, any really fast class (jack, succubus, spidy, flame pred) or teleporting class (vaga, vaga, beast,) or quick flyer (dragonfly, santa) and you can probably get away from them once they ult, and come back to finish them once the shield drops.

ZERO
03-30-2010, 11:23 PM
There will be more counters for it when races with sharingan are made in the future that have the ability to negate or partly reflect ability based damage.

acolyte_to_jippity
03-30-2010, 11:35 PM
There will be more counters for it when races with sharingan are made in the future that have the ability to negate or partly reflect ability based damage.

zero...

i'm going to name my first two children after you

we also need a sam fisher race, one that is partial invis (aout the flame pred's levell) can see invisible people, xtra knife damage, restricted to only a usp, except for it's ult which gives it a famas as well

ZERO
03-31-2010, 01:35 AM
I guess I will post it here so I do not forget it but here is how I would like the kakashi race to work:

Attack power:
When he does damage to another race his attack power is that races attack power.

Defense power:
When he takes damage from another race he copies that races defense power.

Also yes I can do this.

OMG I just realized that I could make a kerby race! Yes one that could become another race when you fire your ability while aimed at them!

callo
03-31-2010, 01:51 AM
I guess I will post it here so I do not forget it but here is how I would like the kakashi race to work:

Attack power:
When he does damage to another race his attack power is that races attack power.

Defense power:
When he takes damage from another race he copies that races defense power.

Also yes I can do this.

OMG I just realized that I could make a kerby race! Yes one that could become another race when you fire your ability while aimed at them!

LOLOL i was gonna make a megaman race that just copies the abilities of the people it kills

also i updated my flash race again this time it should be finished
jsut need to test it before i post it up for use on wcs forums (unless someone convinces me to keep it exclusive to a single server)

Flandria4
03-31-2010, 07:30 AM
What about a tank race?

You walk at 50-80% of normal speed, leveling will increase this.
You start with 150HP and can level it up to 500HP (maby a little too much..)
20- 35% chance that the person who hit you must reload his weapon.
Ultimate: Works only (once) if 65%+ of your teamates are death, (% chance is % of death teammates) summon 1-2 death teammates into battle with their equipment how they die.
(example: 8/10 T are death, 80% chance to summon 1-2 teammates)

Chikun
04-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Instead of having it steal the ability after you kill someone or if you're facing them, have it work like crypt lord where it targets a random enemy, then binds their ultimate to "Ability" like shadow hunter. Hitting your ultimate again would then replace it with someone else's.

Or maybe I'm just a crazy hermit