PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Rain

anex
11-08-2009, 06:02 PM
New PS3 game rumored to come out Spring 2010. I watched this and some of the gameplay videos. I can say without a doubt that this is the sole reason of why I will be buying a PS3. Note: The graphics look 10x better actually in the game.

-1DDcI7ixUY

Sin
11-08-2009, 06:40 PM
New PS3 game rumored to come out Spring 2010. I watched this and some of the gameplay videos. I can say without a doubt that this is the sole reason of why I will be buying a PS3. Note: The graphics look 10x better actually in the game.

Yep yep. Makers of Farenheit(PC) aka Indigo Prophecy(Consoles).

Check Farenheit out... that game is THE shit. Like playing through a movie. Same concept for Heavy Rain too... gonna be amazing.

Here's the original trailer, and extra gameplay footage - bnck2oXdxMo

Personally I think they're giving away WAY too much about this game, so early... That was the great thing about Faranheit. It was a sleeper title, but the game blew you the fuck away.

anex
11-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Check Farenheit out... that game is THE shit. Like playing through a movie. Same concept for Heavy Rain too... gonna be amazing.

Ya Im downloading it right now. And I just got done watching that gameplay vid on gametrailers. Fucking tight :D

maynard
11-19-2009, 05:41 PM
mouth movement looks like shit when they talk. I dunno... just checked out some vids on this game and I don't really see the point. looks like a linear detective game... I don't really see the big apeal 2 this. looks like dragon age minus the fighting. graphics look amazing.. well not so much in the vid you posted, but I'm watching some vids on youtube right now and the graphics are without a doubt the best of any ps3 game ive yet 2 see. someone want 2 explain though whats so great about this game other then the graphics?

Sin
11-19-2009, 06:58 PM
mouth movement looks like shit when they talk. I dunno... just checked out some vids on this game and I don't really see the point. looks like a linear detective game... I don't really see the big apeal 2 this. looks like dragon age minus the fighting. graphics look amazing.. well not so much in the vid you posted, but I'm watching some vids on youtube right now and the graphics are without a doubt the best of any ps3 game ive yet 2 see. someone want 2 explain though whats so great about this game other then the graphics?

You need to play Farenheit... go download an ISO... You'll understand then.

maynard
11-19-2009, 07:09 PM
You need to play Farenheit... go download an ISO... You'll understand then.

I'm on it.

ETA - 5h 41m

anex
11-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Maynard the thing that is so awesome about it, is the way they tell the story. Its like playing through a well scripted movie based on the decisions you make. Voice acting is amazing, graphics are amazing, and the story telling is amazing (as you will find with Indigo Prophecy.) The movie with that chick with the messed up mouth movements that are shit was done in 2006 I believe.

Its not the traditional shoot'em up because its aim is to be artistic and beautiful.

Anways I can't wait! Hopefully when i come back from the middle east next year, it will be released ^^.

maynard
11-21-2009, 07:18 PM
this games funny

"well that's the end of my story, I mixed alcohol and medication"

lmfao. it's kind of silly though my guys so upset it's like if I turn on the TV or read a news paper its game over right away.. and I'm like a half hour in, is that normal?

anex
11-21-2009, 08:02 PM
this games funny

"well that's the end of my story, I mixed alcohol and medication"

lmfao. it's kind of silly though my guys so upset it's like if I turn on the TV or read a news paper its game over right away.. and I'm like a half hour in, is that normal?

Might be because your character is too depressed. Are you watching his sanity meter?

maynard
11-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Might be because your character is too depressed. Are you watching his sanity meter?

well... yeah... but like shit I just pick up the paper under my door or turn the TV on and he gets even more hardcore depressed Lol. he's doin a bit better now. so far though very cool game.

anex
11-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Ya dude. Its fun till you get around to the end part. Kind of left it unfinished in terms of story and it just gets fucking weird. I love how it makes you feel like your watching a movie.

The way that you have the characters interact with each other really makes it feel like your watching a mystery thriller.

maynard
11-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Ya dude. Its fun till you get around to the end part. Kind of left it unfinished in terms of story and it just gets fucking weird. I love how it makes you feel like your watching a movie.

The way that you have the characters interact with each other really makes it feel like your watching a mystery thriller.

finished it. decent game, kinda short.

Sin
11-23-2009, 08:23 AM
It's all about the CHROMA! THE CHROMA BITCH!

The fight scene with the ORacle near the end was fuckin' sick. I nearly pooped myself.

And did you hear about in Heavy Rain, if one of the characters dies, they're dead for good? Fuckin' sick twist in the game.

maynard
11-24-2009, 06:37 PM
It's all about the CHROMA! THE CHROMA BITCH!

The fight scene with the ORacle near the end was fuckin' sick. I nearly pooped myself.

And did you hear about in Heavy Rain, if one of the characters dies, they're dead for good? Fuckin' sick twist in the game.

meh was ok.. couldn't really watch it seeing how I had 2 stare directly at those stupid flashing colors.... that's the 1 thing that really pissed me off, whenever something cool happens you can't really watch it cause you're just doing those color sequence things... oh well.

Sin
11-24-2009, 06:41 PM
You need to learn to use the Chroma and focus your eyes on the scene.

maynard
11-24-2009, 06:44 PM
You need to learn to use the Chroma and focus your eyes on the scene.

Lol shut up.

anex
01-20-2010, 01:08 AM
lNauNmJ9t-k

Release date Feb 23rd 2010

maynard
01-20-2010, 01:59 PM
ill be disapointed if there's no penatly for button mashing like in indigo child...

Dog Brother #1
01-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Oh my. It's quite a shame I have no plan to buy a PS3. This game would go wonderfully on a PC, were they inclined to disregard the money they'd likely be making by making it a PS3 exclusive. :/

anex
01-21-2010, 06:16 AM
Oh my. It's quite a shame I have no plan to buy a PS3. This game would go wonderfully on a PC, were they inclined to disregard the money they'd likely be making by making it a PS3 exclusive. :/

If they were to put it on PC it would run about like Crysis. The only reason why its coming out on the PS3 is because the programming works with the ps3's hardware. I wish it would come out for PC though, but fortunately I have a ps3.

Abandoned
01-23-2010, 12:37 AM
lNauNmJ9t-k

Release date Feb 23rd 2010

Dude that looks fucking tight!:muffy:

anex
02-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Yay!! Demo released! Here is the whole demo in youtube format. I am excited, only a couple days till its release.

Z91z9fGR-t0
LL_ddcUp2jY
wksBRKHjhb0

washythebreaker
02-17-2010, 09:50 PM
That looks so sick.

maynard
03-06-2010, 06:00 PM
so has any 1 played this game yet?

SouthSide
03-06-2010, 07:28 PM
so has any 1 played this game yet?

yes i bought it and it was a good experience =). theres 5 endings i think

and the game is around 10 hours

StarsMine
03-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Ill buy it when its cheeper to prevent any more hurt happening to my wallet

mastercheff
03-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Ill buy it when its cheeper to prevent any more hurt happening to my wallet

Thats what I do when i want a game that doesn't deserve a price of 60$.

StarsMine
03-11-2010, 05:04 PM
No it deserves 60$ as do most games. its just im supposed to be saving money not spending it all.
'I only get 300$ a month

loka
03-26-2010, 02:04 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/Artican_M/rainheavy.jpg

anex
03-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Oh I see...

loka
03-26-2010, 08:24 PM
lmao. I thought it was cute.

anex
04-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Just beat it. It was a crazy game, you really get into it with the twists and the six axis controller makes it a crazy experience. Plot was trippy, I didn't have the faintest idea who the killer was, although there was a lot of the plot that didn't make sense to me. Good game.