PDA

View Full Version : Computer problem

matrixninja
11-15-2009, 10:38 AM
For some reason,when I play CSS my monitor goes black,then shuts off,leaving an anoying sound in the speakers.If I try to turn it on,It just shuts off again.The only way to fix it is to restart my comp.Ive run virus scans,and nothing.I think my drivers are crashing.Computer specs:

Video:Nivida Geforce 210
Processor:Intel [email protected] GHZ
Sound:Real tek HD audio.
OS;windows 7 home premium,64-bit.

It seems to ONLY happen when playing CSS.Any help?

anex
11-15-2009, 10:56 AM
I had something like that. Except I could still play css but on the lowest resolution and the lowest graphical settings. Turned out my video card was burnt out and thats what was causing.

It might be a hardware issue. Do you have another graphics card you can switch out and do some tests?

Holy-Sonic
11-15-2009, 01:02 PM
I had something like that. Except I could still play css but on the lowest resolution and the lowest graphical settings. Turned out my video card was burnt out and thats what was causing.

It might be a hardware issue. Do you have another graphics card you can switch out and do some tests?

maybe its not compadible with Windows 7?! or your power supply is not fit enough to run your video card.

ZERO
11-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Just with css or does this also occur with other games like if you played HL2 for a long duration. The first thing you should do is check you temperatures. Use core temp and gpuz to determine you cpu and gpu temperatures. Once you confirm that nothing is overheating you next need to ensure that you are running the latest drivers. If none of these are the problem than it is your power supply. I would actually guess that first but that is only because most people use cheep psus that are underpowered and they generally produce that result. However I would test the other options first to confirm. In the mean time what psu are you using?

matrixninja
11-15-2009, 04:30 PM

I have 2 graphics cards in my computer actually..A nvidia Geforce 7050 intergrated graphics card and a Nivida Geforce 210.They aren't connected through an SLI because I basicly upgraded my card.Maybe there interfering with each other since I have 2 in one system?.Also the cards I have probably arent good enough for an SLI

ZERO
11-15-2009, 04:32 PM
No one is just built into the chipset it turns off when the other is in use and basically no longer exists.

OMGBEARS
11-15-2009, 04:56 PM
hl2 runs fine on my Windows 7 System =P

That being said -- Zero does have a point. It may be your GPU. It doesn't exactly sound like a power supply issue unless it's an older PSU and the rail that is feeding power to your GPU is faulty or old. I would try running it on your integrated card (simple as plugging your monitor into the onboard port and changing the options) and seeing if the same issue happens. If it doesn't, then it's your graphics card or PSU rail leading to the graphics card. If it does, then it's something else.

matrixninja
11-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Just with css or does this also occur with other games like if you played HL2 for a long duration. The first thing you should do is check you temperatures. Use core temp and gpuz to determine you cpu and gpu temperatures. Once you confirm that nothing is overheating you next need to ensure that you are running the latest drivers. If none of these are the problem than it is your power supply. I would actually guess that first but that is only because most people use cheep psus that are underpowered and they generally produce that result. However I would test the other options first to confirm. In the mean time what psu are you using?

Comp temp's according to CPUID hardware monitor:

Not running CSS: GPU: Value: 75Celsius(168 Farienhiet) Min:61Celsius (141 Frienhiet) Max:77 Celsius (170 Farienhiet)

Procsessor: Core#0:Value:42Celsius (107 Farienhiet) Min:42 Celsius (107 Farienhiet) Max:42Celsius (107 Farenhiet)

Procsessor Core#1:Value:37Cesius (98 Farienhiet) Min:37Celcius (98 Farienhiet) Max:39Cesius (102 Farienhiet)

These are the usuall temperatures when NOT playing CSS,ofcourse they do go up when OFF CSS but by 1-3 Degrees.

While playing CSS:GPU: Value: 60C (140 F) Min: 60C (140 F) Max: 41C (201 F)
Core#0: 42C (107 F) 42C (107 F) 48C (118 F)
Core#1: 38C (100F) 37C (98F) 45C (113 F)

This is what the monitor I donwloded said.Basicly the difference when playing CSS and NOT playing it is not much different temperature wise,Alothugh I noticed more temperature spikes WHEN playing CSS.Im not exactly sure what the value,min, and max means,but thats what it said.Considering my computer is only a week old,its probably nothing TOO serious.Iam also pretty much runing the latest software.

ZERO
11-15-2009, 05:19 PM
The gpu is overheating, are you tiring to start a fire?

Also how is the temp lower when running css? also you said it was 75C idol and only 32C when playing the game?

matrixninja
11-15-2009, 05:26 PM
The gpu is overheating, are you tiring to start a fire?

Also how is the temp lower when running css? also you said it was 75C idol and only 32C when playing the game?

No...The tempatures are actually similar either idol or playing.Also,When I recorded the results,I was idol In game,but the game itself was still active.I have 2 video cards in my computer currently,I think thats the problem.

ZERO
11-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Ok assuming you are using gpuz you need to make sure that the video card selected in the drop down box is the one you want. You should see it at the bottom of the screen.

Here is my GPU which is under a heavy OC running the most intense operation physically possible for a gpu for 1115seconds.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=341&d=1234134563

If you are still having trouble just run furmark and post your results after 1115seconds.

matrixninja
11-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Ok assuming you are using gpuz you need to make sure that the video card selected in the drop down box is the one you want. You should see it at the bottom of the screen.

Here is my GPU which is under a heavy OC running the most intense operation physically possible for a gpu for 1115seconds.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=341&d=1234134563

If you are still having trouble just run furmark and post your results after 1115seconds.

Thanks to everybody who gave thier input,but espisially zero.He basicly helped me save my computer from being a useless wast of money.Here's to you zero. Also heres how I figured out my problem:

I went to my controll panel then to devices.I noticed my computer needed troubleshooting,so I let the computer search for problems,and sure enough,there it was.There was a problem with my defualt videocard (Nvidia Geforce 7050),It said there was not enough resource to run.I was suspecting the resource was my power supplie,And I think my upgraded graphics card (Nividia Geforce 210) Was hogging up the power supply.I disabled the 7050 so this SHOULD fix the problem.That pretty much explains what I thought what was a monitor crash,but It was really a video crash.

Noob explaination:Computer gu cr@ash,so i ausk fur hulp.zaro (zero) hulp muh (me) fix camputar i see problum (problem) wif graphucs (graphics) cared (card),su ieh (I) disabul (disable) graphucs cared dut (that) it (is) bade (bad) und (and) lave (leave) gud oune (one)

Again,thank you guys for the input,but here's to you Zero

ZERO
11-15-2009, 07:03 PM
You are saying you needed to manually turn off the integrated card. It should do that automatically...

loka
11-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Nah. I had the same problem too on my old computer. The integrated card wouldn't shut off for some odd reason and even then it was still causing me problems. I decided to just return the video card cause I was not going to deal with the bullshit and I had no patience for it.

Mallissin
11-15-2009, 10:38 PM
It's always best to disable devices on the motherboard you aren't using or have replaced.