PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age

anex
11-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Is it bad when you play a game so much that you dream about and your excuse to sleep 30 min. more (hit the snooze button twice) is because you need the key to defeat the dark spawn in your dream?

It feels good to play a game this epic again.

loka
11-16-2009, 12:52 AM
lol i saw the commercials and it looks good... but me no have money.

Jeimuzu
11-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Haven't gotten around to playing it. Not enough time.

As for the sleeping thing.. To be honest, I dream about whatever I think about when I go to sleep. A lot of the times I'll end up dreaming the way to beat or solve something.

wickedtribe
11-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Best game ive played in a while.

Love it so far, have beaten it one playthrough, as a rogue dalish elf, on normal... now I'm playin Human Noble Warrior (sword and board) on hard.

This has to be the most difficult game I have ever played, I can't imagine playing on insane... I really should just roll a mage seeing as how they are ungodly powerful, but... Friendly Fire on Insane does 150% more damage than apponents and unfortunatly unless you have extremely high willpower/magic stats 90% of your spells are resisted or have no effect.

The only thing about this game that makes me rage is the "memory leak" which I don't understand why its called that but, it means, as you play the game your load times will be extremely short (for me 5-12 seconds) between load zones, however, as you continue playing at about 1 hour of playing without exiting the game and going back in your load time will be (for me 1-3 minutes) and as it continues I even had a load screen last 30 minutes (I went and cooked a pizza in the oven while watching south park waiting) untill I decided to look into it.

Bioware says they are investigating and looking to fix this bug though... they say its only with quad cores.. not dual cores.... (guess what I am!).

I highly suggest this game to anybody who likes a good rpg rich with story and a more intellegent approach to combat, and anyone who likes a good challenge, try this bitch out.

Mallissin
11-17-2009, 04:24 AM
It's a pretty good game. Definitely better than Oblivion (and I still think Morrowind was better too). I've played through it twice, once as a rogue city elf and once as an elf magi. The mage was a lot more fun. Arcane Warriors are incredibly powerful, especially after you get spell weaver and throw a lot of attributes into dexterity and magic. I was landing 72 damage hits on the arch-demon at the end.

Most of the fun now is discovering the 27 variations of endings. They seem very skewed against the easy way out, which I guess is noble, but I haven't really played as a truly evil character yet.

Anyway, I'm tired of spending 2 hours to go through the end-game to see how the decisions play out. Going to install the editor and see if I can extract some of the logic to see the various epilogue scenarios.

After I'm done with that, I might attempt a dwarf noble warrior depending on how the markets act this week.

I noticed the load time issue too. After two or three hours I just save and restart the game. Saves a lot of time over the long run.

The second patch is also suppose to add a bunch of stuff they forgot. Like Ancient Elven Boots, which they got a lot of people bitching (as did I) that they weren't in the game. The ancient elven armor is the best medium armor in the game and you can't finish the set for the bonus without the boots. They also had issues with one or two of the smaller side quests that had bad script logic (alienage demon for one). I'm also told they're considering making the arch-demon harder too, which was another complaint that I agree. The Gaxkang wraith was harder than the arch-demon for me.

Oh, and it really pisses me off that you can't put runes in any bows. I think archery is nerfed because of that. Would also be nice to put runs in mage staves too I guess. Half the runes aren't even worth the effort. Adding 2-4 damage when you're doing 20+ ain't that helpful. Two paralyze runs on a dual wielding dagger rogue is pretty impressive though.

Sin
11-17-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm pissed BioWare pushed BioShock 2 back for this game.

Jeimuzu
11-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Definitely better than Oblivion (and I still think Morrowind was better too).

Don't make me hurt you.

anex
11-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Don't make me hurt you.

Dude this game made me feel more epic than oblivion. All it needs is free roam in order to beat oblivion.

"I'm pissed BioWare pushed BioShock 2 back for this game."

Hell I am pissed they are making a Bioshock 2!

Jeimuzu
11-17-2009, 02:42 PM
I spent literally 3 months worth of hours on oblivion.. I use to be able to tell you where every stone and glitch was in that game.

Anyhow, installing Dragon Age Origins as we speak.

Mallissin
11-17-2009, 04:58 PM
I actually prefer the Darklands-ish travel in Dragon Age to the free roam in Elder Scrolls.

You can add a lot more scenarios to travel with the instance thing that you can't do with free roam without seeming silly (like some parts of Fallout 3).

Bioshock was a horrible game. It had so many cliches and the writing was horrible. Everyone said it took forever to beat, but I got so annoyed with the shitty plot as things were progressing that I blitzed through it and wish I bought retail to pawn if off on Ebay.

Mallissin
11-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Don't make me hurt you.

Did you ever play Morrowind? Way better writing and challenging.

Oblivion got really boring the moment I realized I could just run through most of the portal realms without killing anything. In fact, my second play-thru took only a FIFTH as long because of that fact alone.

I'm considering buying Borderlands next to see the play style.

wickedtribe
11-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Oh, and it really pisses me off that you can't put runes in any bows. I think archery is nerfed because of that.

Archery is in no way nerfed at all.... its the most powerful thing in the damn game..... I had leliana or w/e her name is with 40 dexterity, use arrow of slaying and it did 460 damage.... by the way that can one shot anything not elite boss level (on normal).

I agree the arch demon should be a little harder... at least be harder to kill than that high dragon guarding the Urn of Sacred ashes that you can avoid...

On normal though everything is pretty much easy especially if you have 2 attack mages in the party (don't count Wynn as attack since shes a healer)

Thanks too cone of cold which is IMO the most usefull spell in the game followed by that entropy spell that puts all your enemies to sleep, then you can use Horror for 150+ damage, followed by that spell that makes all your enemies turn crazy and either stuns them or makes them attack eachother.

Without that mage crowd controll element idk fighting the arch demon on hard with no mage is damn near impossible.

loka
11-17-2009, 06:30 PM
You guys are horrible at video games if you couldn't beat BioShock. I beat it in 2 days. I for one will be waiting for BioShock 2 because the entire story line was fucked up, and twisted. Not to mention much of the atmosphere reminded me of LFD mixed with resident evil.

As for glitches... LOL. This is why you buy these games on console.

Mallissin
11-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Archery is in no way nerfed at all.... its the most powerful thing in the damn game..... I had leliana or w/e her name is with 40 dexterity, use arrow of slaying and it did 460 damage.... by the way that can one shot anything not elite boss level (on normal).

That's nothing special. Warriors have similar activated powers to throw stamina into damage. Still no reason to not allow runes in bows, if only the defensive stuff like spell or physical resistance. I gave Oghden tons of Strength and Willpower to make his final blow or whatever skill do 400+ damage. But it rarely hit.

I agree the arch demon should be a little harder... at least be harder to kill than that high dragon guarding the Urn of Sacred ashes that you can avoid...

None of the dragons were that hard. High Dragon, Flemeth, or archdemon. I had more problems with the Drakes than the big mommas.

Thanks too cone of cold which is IMO the most usefull spell in the game followed by that entropy spell that puts all your enemies to sleep, then you can use Horror for 150+ damage, followed by that spell that makes all your enemies turn crazy and either stuns them or makes them attack eachother.

I liked that about Morrigan too, until I died in big group battles because she froze half of the team. You can't stop her from accidentally hitting friendlies with the cold cone. Thank god Sleep and Dreams only affects enemies.

Without that mage crowd controll element idk fighting the arch demon on hard with no mage is damn near impossible.

With my arcane warrior, I pretty much solo'd the archdemon. The rest of the team were covering me and I was beating on it with spellweaver while drinking health potions when necessary. My first attempt used range attacks like bow and magic, but the arcane warrior route took way less time. With Spellweaver, I had the equivalent of 53 strength.

EVL_Ripper
11-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Wow Mallisin, you are disgusting human being and I wish nothing but all the bad things in the world to happen to you and only you.

Oblivion and Bioshock are awesome. You are a stupid stupid person.

wickedtribe
11-18-2009, 07:59 AM
What difficulty are you playing this at on, as a warrior im doing it on hard right now and im getting through fairly difficultly, At start (I did the circle tower first) it was easy because I have my warrior as a templar (going for a champion/templar build) templar have the best offensive attack IMO for a shield bearer, and really right now my guy is a casters worst nightmare.... Juggernaut plate full set combined with the templar training. (Juggernaut plate has about 25% to all spell class resistences on the full set combined with the helmet have 10% mental resistance)

Jeimuzu
11-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Bioshock was alright, Bioshock 2 is going to disappoint though I believe..

Finally got around to playing Dragon Age, and it was pretty good. Only spent about 3 hours on it, due to people asking me to play L4D2. (Which might I add, they have once again succeeded in putting EVERYTHING except maps and a few useless items into the demo..)

Anyhow, in DAO the gameplay is way better than KotOR, and the story is better than Oblivion's.

Mallissin
11-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Wow Mallisin, you are disgusting human being and I wish nothing but all the bad things in the world to happen to you and only you.

Oblivion and Bioshock are awesome. You are a stupid stupid person.

I won't disagree with the first paragraph, but I take special exception to the second!

I enjoyed Oblivion but Bioshock was shit. I think both were over-hyped. There were games that were tons better that never got much publicity, such as the Longest Journey series for one.

@wickedtribe: My second play-through was on Nightmare, first was normal just to get a feel for the spells and combat. After awhile on Nightmare, Wynne started to get worthless because the heal spells took too long to go off. In fact, I couldn't get through the Cult ruins with her which is where I started going with more crowd control. If you get Morrigan the Neutralization glyph, and the three other party members are in a tight group beating on baddies, you can whip out a big group quickly. If a mage starts targeting one of your fighters, cast the glyph over as many of them as possible and they're okay for awhile. I also made sure they all had decent bows for dealing with the ranged enemies after the scrappers were dead. Everyone stayed in the glyph and focused fire on one enemy at a time.

This was the only way I could get past the one alter room with the mage, drakes and reavers. The Urn was the last thing I did that play-thru, so most of my party were level 17-18+.

wickedtribe
11-18-2009, 05:02 PM
I generally use traps etc... I didn't make a single potion for a long time untill i noticed i had 154 elfroots... had plenty of poultices after that.

Anyway taking out any of the three dragons was a bitch for me because of two reasons. First play through I was rogue Duelist/assasin (IMO the best 2 specs for rogue) and my group makeup was the same throughout the game once i got the characters: Wynn (healer) Morrigan (crowd controll spec) and allistair (tank spec with all tank gear and only constitution with minor strength)

Now the reason why these two things were problematic was... as the rogue I would have to get up close near the rear of opponents to do major damage... well dragons don't like that and they give you a good ol' fashion kick in the chest for 100+ damage everytime you get close. So that made me use range, which even with special arrows (i think the arrows are the reason no runes are alowed for bows) I was only dealing about 30-35 damage per arrow shot.

Unfortunatly all but the arch-demon (in my experience) would bite and hold onto whatever character was right infront of them and do massive damage before you could get them free (on normal even except for cone of cold Its super hard to stun them unless you have high magic).

All of these things pieced together ment... I was doing hardly anything shooting arrows while Morrigan would have to save mana and only use cone of cold while Wynn auto attacked and healed allistair if the dragon got a hit in or not. If Morrigan was resisted or worse... ran oom (out of mana) Allistair was quick to die... followed by me because even though when fighting dragons I wore high magic resistance gears the physical damage massacred me. And even if wynn got the rez up it didn't matter.

maynard
11-18-2009, 05:30 PM
this game has also hardcore fucked with my dreams, more so then any other game ever has... and I thought wow made me have some crazy dreams. ya, this was the best free downloaded game ive ever played heh.

Mallissin
11-18-2009, 06:14 PM
You can tank a dragon but you need incredibly high physical resistance to avoid all the captures and such. Oghren was a good candidate. I gave him a nice maul and a bunch of physical resistance runes/amulet/etc., and he stayed alive pretty well without a lot of potions. This was on normal, though. No way I'd try that on nightmare. I must have died 20+ times trying to kill the high dragon on Nightmare before eeking out a kill and that was with three mages trying their best to stun/paralyze it as much as possible.

๖ReS
11-18-2009, 08:46 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1096-Dragon-Age-Origins

Mallissin
11-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Nice, Res. Completely true and hilarious.

๖ReS
11-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Nice, Res. Completely true and hilarious.

I love Yahtzee :D

wickedtribe
11-18-2009, 11:08 PM
lol wtf I couldn't talk that fast if i practiced.

๖ReS
11-19-2009, 12:25 AM
lol wtf I couldn't talk that fast if i practiced.

Lmao.

It's his thing.

Jeimuzu
11-19-2009, 12:13 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1096-Dragon-Age-Origins

<3...

maynard
11-19-2009, 01:01 PM
oh wow, thx for posting the link res. I havn't seen any vids from this guy sinse like 2007.

Phalanx
11-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Best game ive played in a while.

Love it so far, have beaten it one playthrough, as a rogue dalish elf, on normal... now I'm playin Human Noble Warrior (sword and board) on hard.

This has to be the most difficult game I have ever played, I can't imagine playing on insane... I really should just roll a mage seeing as how they are ungodly powerful, but... Friendly Fire on Insane does 150% more damage than apponents and unfortunatly unless you have extremely high willpower/magic stats 90% of your spells are resisted or have no effect.

The only thing about this game that makes me rage is the "memory leak" which I don't understand why its called that but, it means, as you play the game your load times will be extremely short (for me 5-12 seconds) between load zones, however, as you continue playing at about 1 hour of playing without exiting the game and going back in your load time will be (for me 1-3 minutes) and as it continues I even had a load screen last 30 minutes (I went and cooked a pizza in the oven while watching south park waiting) untill I decided to look into it.

Bioware says they are investigating and looking to fix this bug though... they say its only with quad cores.. not dual cores.... (guess what I am!).

I highly suggest this game to anybody who likes a good rpg rich with story and a more intellegent approach to combat, and anyone who likes a good challenge, try this bitch out.

Dont sound the horn when you come out of the temple and to the urn. The dragon will fuck you up.

Christmas
11-19-2009, 03:16 PM
I'll get into torrenting it when I get home tonight.

wickedtribe
11-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Dont sound the horn when you come out of the temple and to the urn. The dragon will fuck you up.

took me a few tries untill i said fuck it... got the urn then when i came out i fought and killed it.

Mallissin
11-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Wait till you meet Gaxkang. He makes the High Dragon look like a dragonling.

anex
11-19-2009, 05:06 PM

That quest for the urn was a fucking nightmare for me. I thought I had to beat the dragon to get the urn. Imagine how much I was pissed when I wasted hours finally defeating him only to find out that I didn't have to. :banghead:

maynard
11-19-2009, 05:19 PM
I'll get into torrenting it when I get home tonight.

gotta love free games.

yeah I did the horn... then I died quite quickly Lol.

wickedtribe
11-20-2009, 04:45 PM
I kept hearing about Gaxgang and after hearing how amazingly impossible he was I decided to look into him, I just need to go to the tavern in Orzamar to unlock the quest... that bitch is going down... and he beter drop this shield i keep hearin about.

Mallissin
11-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Oh yah. The Fade shield or whatever. Pretty nice!

wickedtribe
11-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Killed him first time... I think mostly he was easy because of my being a templar... I did a smite that wasn't resisted on him and it delivered 300 damage... even though it was near impossible to hit him with anything else.

Just used cleanse area alot with a combination of Wynn healing.... Only had my guy die about 1/4 into the fight but Morrigan with the Cone of Cold stunned him long enough for wynn to pop a rez

loka
11-21-2009, 01:08 AM
I'm stuck in the Faded right now... fun.... :dead:

maynard
11-21-2009, 02:02 AM

Lol me 2... sucks.

wickedtribe
11-21-2009, 02:04 AM

That "puzzle" took me about 2-3 hours on my first play through. Fortunatly you can gain a multitude of additional attributes while in there. Only time I actualy liked shapeshifting.

maynard
11-21-2009, 02:14 AM
That "puzzle" took me about 2-3 hours on my first play through. Fortunatly you can gain a multitude of additional attributes while in there. Only time I actualy liked shapeshifting.

Lol after 5 minutes I went 2 youtube and found a vid showing how to do it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vxFAjwlbBT8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vxFAjwlbBT8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

anex
11-21-2009, 05:59 AM
Haha dude I did the same thing. Mallissin called me a cheater. :(

maynard
11-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Haha dude I did the same thing. Mallissin called me a cheater. :(

Lol just chop it up 2 being a "strategy guide" :icon_mrgreen:

Christmas
11-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Installing now. Fuck yeah.

loka
11-21-2009, 06:16 PM
for everytime i die. i forget to save prior. bitches. so i bitch at anex for my stupidity. fyi alister is the worst tank ever.

Mallissin
11-21-2009, 06:47 PM
What the hell is the point of playing a game if you cheat? Part of the fun is learning how to do shit.

Fade was my favorite part. I wish my character could change shapes like that outside the Fade. So damn powerful.

Don't forget to go back to the first fade area when you get the spirit for the wisdom/magic attribute pillar.

The game would be so much better if you could coop with voice. Could MST3K during all the dialog.

Oh, and yes, Allistair is a pretty shitty tank before he gets a few knockdown actions. Make sure to setup a drink lesser health potion if his health is below 50 percent in tactics until then.

maynard
11-21-2009, 07:02 PM
What the hell is the point of playing a game if you cheat? Part of the fun is learning how to do shit.

Fade was my favorite part. I wish my character could change shapes like that outside the Fade. So damn powerful.

Don't forget to go back to the first fade area when you get the spirit for the wisdom/magic attribute pillar.

The game would be so much better if you could coop with voice. Could MST3K during all the dialog.

Oh, and yes, Allistair is a pretty shitty tank before he gets a few knockdown actions. Make sure to setup a drink lesser health potion if his health is below 50 percent in tactics until then.

I'm sorry but I don't find solving that puzzle fun in any shape or form.

Mallissin
11-21-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm sorry but I don't find solving that puzzle fun in any shape or form.

Lazy bastard.

wickedtribe
11-22-2009, 01:14 AM
That thing in the gauntlet was easy and I did it in about 5 minutes... the "puzzle" I'm talkin about is when your in the sloth demon nightmare i call it a puzzle because you have to collect the pieces

Christmas
11-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Just started playing the game, and I must say I'm fucking confused as fuck.

Tactics seems really complicated. Should I even bother spending a lot of time with it?

Mallissin
11-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Tactics are important for keeping the AI from doing stupid things.

In the early game, it's best to just set party members to the generic presets they give you, like setting Allistair to Defender, Wynne to Healer, etc. But later on, when you've trained some of your party in talents that are outside the presets, you'll need to create your own, especially for the mages.

The presets themselves aren't that bad, especially if you set the person to auto-level (the game picks skills based off the tactics preset you set). But on harder difficulties, most people tailor the teams more precisely than what the generic stuff offers.

Tactics is also helpful when setting up ambushes. Using doors or narrow spots for range attacks (using repulsion glyph), you can setup mages and archers to Ranged and make sure your tank is set to Defense. Some places it's incredibly beneficial to do this, especially in the dwarf campaign and Denerim.

Later in the game, it's best to setup focus fire tactics too, so you take down enemies faster. I typically setup my offensive mage to pick the weakest enemy for damage spells after paralysing/horror/etc. the biggest enemy. The defensive/healer mage can be set to attack the same guys as the offensive mage, and you can setup yourself to help the tank. I've found it's always best to kill off the easy enemies first. Later on, you can sometimes kill more than one at a time using area effect combination (fireball, blizzard+stonefist, nightmare+walking bomb, etc.)

Anyway, it get's complicated only because it's helpful. You could easily play the entire game without touching tactics on normal difficulty, but you'd probably die a lot more often.

maynard
11-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Just started playing the game, and I must say I'm fucking confused as fuck.

Tactics seems really complicated. Should I even bother spending a lot of time with it?

it's really not that confusing, just pause the game, tell who where 2 attack, give them an opening move like a spell 2 cast, sheild bash or whatever. and then you're good 2 go. it does seem like a bit much at the beginning but it's really not that bad and you get used 2 it quite fast. make sure you get heal on your mage. it helps quite a bit.

Jeimuzu
11-22-2009, 11:05 PM
I feel bad for everyone I fight in the game.. I just constantly freeze them with Cone of Cold.. And eventually they fall over dead or get shattered.

loka
11-23-2009, 05:29 AM
cone of cold is hilarious. i use the stone one (i forgot) on dragons and it freezes them for almost a minute. then me and the other tank will abuse him to half his health. then put cone of cold on him when he doesn't move and kill him.

Sin
11-23-2009, 08:20 AM
The Soldier's Peak side quest was fucking awesome. Now I have to do that Gulch one... And that Dragon Mail set that came with the content update is pretty sweet.

Christmas
11-23-2009, 01:28 PM
I swear at the rate I'm going its going to take me a year to finish all of the fucking quests.

Doesn't help I'm a warrior and leveled him up incorrectly (I'm attempting to just be a tank and use Morrigan's spells to fuck up shit).

But yeah, I am quite the noob at this shit.

Sin
11-23-2009, 02:35 PM
I swear at the rate I'm going its going to take me a year to finish all of the fucking quests.

Doesn't help I'm a warrior and leveled him up incorrectly (I'm attempting to just be a tank and use Morrigan's spells to fuck up shit).

You never played any other Bioware RPG's?

wickedtribe
11-23-2009, 02:41 PM

Hardest thing in my opinion is to decide which spells over which, they are all purely situational, and that leads to picking one situation over another, which if you run into a situation you don't have a spell for (happens a bit at early level) your fucked.

loka
11-23-2009, 03:44 PM
The Soldier's Peak side quest was fucking awesome. Now I have to do that Gulch one... And that Dragon Mail set that came with the content update is pretty sweet.

i'm not paying for that bullshit.

loka
11-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Right now I'm with the dwarf people. I gotta be honest... I feel right at home with them.

Christmas
11-23-2009, 04:33 PM
You never played any other Bioware RPG's?

I have played an RPG but they are all balanced differently. Bioware I haven't ever played.

Sin
11-23-2009, 04:38 PM
i'm not paying for that bullshit.

Uhm... you didn't pay for the game. I didn't pay for the game... did you think I paid for the content update? SLUT!

@ Xmas - All of Bioware's recent RPG's have used the same engine. Not that it would help you in leveling your character correctly, but that's just something you learn as you go along. Check out these games, all made by Bioware:

Mass Effect 1 & 2
Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
Jade Empire
Baldur's Gate (OOOLLLD)

Christmas
11-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Uhm... you didn't pay for the game. I didn't pay for the game... did you think I paid for the content update? SLUT!

@ Xmas - All of Bioware's recent RPG's have used the same engine. Not that it would help you in leveling your character correctly, but that's just something you learn as you go along. Check out these games, all made by Bioware:

Mass Effect 1 & 2
Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
Jade Empire
Baldur's Gate (OOOLLLD)

Nope, thought I always wanted to play Knights of the Old Republic. Looked fucking badass.

wickedtribe
11-23-2009, 10:11 PM
BIOWARE DIDN'T MAKE KOTOR 2! OBSIDIAN DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't associate the great bioware with that incomplete game!

lol anyway... umm... "The Witcher" was a great game that used the bioware game engine, no party combat that I can remember... god that game had alot of sex in it.

At any rate.... I DONT recomend the mage as the first play-through.

You don't really know what spells are good for and therefor have to go by description, if you play the rogue or warrior first then you are able to test it out with Morrigan and Wynn.

OH by the way... my human noble warrior.... is KING bitches!

lol :)

maynard
11-23-2009, 11:20 PM
BIOWARE DIDN'T MAKE KOTOR 2! OBSIDIAN DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't associate the great bioware with that incomplete game!

lol anyway... umm... "The Witcher" was a great game that used the bioware game engine, no party combat that I can remember... god that game had alot of sex in it.

At any rate.... I DONT recomend the mage as the first play-through.

You don't really know what spells are good for and therefor have to go by description, if you play the rogue or warrior first then you are able to test it out with Morrigan and Wynn.

OH by the way... my human noble warrior.... is KING bitches!

lol :)

I'm downloading the witcher right now, really excited 2 try it out, looks good.

Sin
11-24-2009, 07:34 AM
I'm downloading the witcher right now, really excited 2 try it out, looks good.

It got boring for me... I think I still have it somewhere.

@ Wicked - You're right Obisidian did make that game, but they used the same engine that Bioware did. Same combat system too, which I why I used it as an example.

I loved KOTOR 2, better than the first actually. Better characters, worlds, lore, fight scenes, story, etc...

loka
11-24-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm at the Broodmother... what a bitch this is.

maynard
11-24-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm at the Broodmother... what a bitch this is.

I'm trying to figure out how the fuck 2 get 2 the middle of the fade... stupid rat holes...

matrixninja
11-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Is it bad when you play a game so much that you dream about and your excuse to sleep 30 min. more (hit the snooze button twice) is because you need the key to defeat the dark spawn in your dream?

It feels good to play a game this epic again.

No,but it's bad when elmo appears from nowhere (OMGWTFTELEPORTZ) and rapes you.

loka
11-24-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm trying to figure out how the fuck 2 get 2 the middle of the fade... stupid rat holes...

is this a different fade? there's a specific room that takes you to the second part. after maneuvering the fade for about 45 minutes i got the gist of it and just had to find the other two shape shifter abilities.

i beat the Broodmother on my second try. I had Morrigan and Wynne on the stones, had the dwarf guy tank until he was killed and i helped Wynne and Morrigan from the henchmen and tentacles that followed.

Christmas
11-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I hate werewolves. My player doesn't have "taunt" learned yet so fucking Allstair (or whatever his name is) keeps bringing everyone to him and dies in the process.

He is always the first.

mastercheff
11-24-2009, 03:43 PM
meh i finally saw killing floor in wal-mart 2 days ago i can't wait to get it christmas anyways i saw dragon age looks epic to bad i haven't played any good pc rpgs

loka
11-24-2009, 04:04 PM
mmmm. i find your lack of punctuation disturbing.

http://www.hookedonphonics.com/

wickedtribe
11-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Best Strategy for the broodmother.... I learned from playing world of warcraft... yea i know gay right?

Anyway Pull off all of your party away from the broodmother, depending on your character type spread out all of your characters evenly across the room, this prevents you from being unable to tell who the tenticle is attacking.

Set Wynn if your using her to have nothing as her tactics, this way she conserves mana for when you need to use her.

Using another mage (assuming you have Wynn and another mage in your party) set them as no tactics to conserve mana as well and use Crowd Controll abilities when in clusterfuck situations, with your party spread out it will minimize friendly fire from the crowd controll.

Have Oghren In beserker on your designated tenticle and have everybody in the party save your main character auto attacking it. It will Die fairly quickly.

Meanwhile Using your party (This is assuming you use a balanced party [2 mages, 1 warrior, 1 rogue]) use your crowd controll mage to continualy stun and freeze the tenticles and incoming darkspawn and try to get the broodmother with them, its not important if you cant get her.

Use wynn to heal your weakend character and rejuvenate oghren who will likely be low on stamina.

Use this strategy rinse and repeat untill all adds and tenticles are dead, then bring ONLY oghren to the broodmothers front to begin tanking her, if your character is a rogue, even if they don't specilize in it, equip a bow and use it on her, because she does swipes and area effect attacks this will minimize the damage your party takes, try to cone of cold her every now and again untill you reach her health low enough more adds come.

Rinse and Repeat this entire process and she dies while you take minimal damage and use minimal mana.

This was about the only way I could do it on nightmare, Oh yes I used Wynn to glyph the ground around her with the nockback one so she would suffer minimal damage from adds.

Each time its only taken me one try except nightmare took me two tries.

This was on my rogue.

maynard
11-24-2009, 06:24 PM
is this a different fade? there's a specific room that takes you to the second part. after maneuvering the fade for about 45 minutes i got the gist of it and just had to find the other two shape shifter abilities.

i beat the Broodmother on my second try. I had Morrigan and Wynne on the stones, had the dwarf guy tank until he was killed and i helped Wynne and Morrigan from the henchmen and tentacles that followed.

I dunno, some asshole abomination all made me fall asleep and now I'm all alone in the fade and I have 2 find my way out, ive explored all the places but am missing 1 of the shapeshifting forms.... so great... now I have 2 back track the entire fucking thing 2 figure out where I messed up.... Grrr.

loka
11-24-2009, 06:47 PM
I dunno, some asshole abomination all made me fall asleep and now I'm all alone in the fade and I have 2 find my way out, ive explored all the places but am missing 1 of the shapeshifting forms.... so great... now I have 2 back track the entire fucking thing 2 figure out where I messed up.... Grrr.

Which ones do you have? I'm assuming you have the mouse, Spirit, which of the other two do you have?

maynard
11-24-2009, 08:23 PM
Which ones do you have? I'm assuming you have the mouse, Spirit, which of the other two do you have?

ive got the mouse, some fire warrior and this 1 guy thats like uber tall and lanky and looks dead. I think he's a spirit or something.

loka
11-24-2009, 08:32 PM
ahh your missing the golem. the spirit guy unlocks the golem, but you have to go through a spirit door that isn't accessible through normal human form.

Sin
11-25-2009, 07:44 AM
I just got to the Forest the other day. I was kickin' game to that elf chick that the little kid wanted to marry. Now she wants my dude because my persuasion skills are phenomenal. I spend too much time talking and not enough time going through the campaign quests.

One day, I'll go out into the forest to kill that werewolf guy.

wickedtribe
11-25-2009, 10:40 AM
I just got to the Forest the other day. I was kickin' game to that elf chick that the little kid wanted to marry. Now she wants my dude because my persuasion skills are phenomenal. I spend too much time talking and not enough time going through the campaign quests.

I love that it lets you do that.... still the Witcher let you have sex with any girl in the damn game.... even beggars

Jeimuzu
11-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Right now I'm with the dwarf people. I gotta be honest... I feel right at home with them.

Same.. I'm finding it hard to concentrate because they don't have drunken Irish accents.. I'm so used to the dwarves from wc3..

gPH46oUYmxE

Guns don't kill people... IIII DOOOOOOO!!!

-----

Also, I just let Allister or whatever tank, have Wynne heal him, while me and Morrigan nuke the hell out of him and anything around him.

I've had a lot less fatalities thanks to Wynne.

Christmas
11-25-2009, 12:26 PM

You fucking womanizer.

That elf dude is such a little bitch though. I try to help him out and shit and he is like "I have nothing left to say to you" as if I hurt his chances with that stuck up bitch.

Fucking elf douchebags.

maynard
11-25-2009, 02:24 PM
ahh your missing the golem. the spirit guy unlocks the golem, but you have to go through a spirit door that isn't accessible through normal human form.

ill keep that in mind, thx loka.

Sin
11-25-2009, 03:34 PM
You fucking womanizer.

That elf dude is such a little bitch though. I try to help him out and shit and he is like "I have nothing left to say to you" as if I hurt his chances with that stuck up bitch.

Fucking elf douchebags.

You need to put all your points into that Persuasion skill... forgot what it's called. Starts with a "c"... I don't fucking remember.

But yeah... I got that shit maxed out and I think my dude is like level 11 or 12... idfk... put a few points into Cunning so I could raise it...

It reminds me of the KotOR days... fuckin' jedi mind tricks were the shit!

Works on that mage bitch too. She's kinky. And the Bard chick... I don't care much for names. ROFL Makes me lol real good though.

maynard
11-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Same.. I'm finding it hard to concentrate because they don't have drunken Irish accents.. I'm so used to the dwarves from wc3..

gPH46oUYmxE

Guns don't kill people... IIII DOOOOOOO!!!

-----

Also, I just let Allister or whatever tank, have Wynne heal him, while me and Morrigan nuke the hell out of him and anything around him.

I've had a lot less fatalities thanks to Wynne.

thats awesome that they do a reference 2 the REAL/original iron chef show.

loka
11-25-2009, 06:34 PM
I am getting closer to the Archdemon. Unfortunately now I have to sacrifice myself. Bitches.

Jeimuzu
11-25-2009, 07:10 PM
Screw sacrificing myself.. Allister's nickname is Meatshield for a reason.

loka
11-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Are you at that part yet? If not... lol.

loka
11-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Finally beat it. anex only ruined one part of the ending for me.

Christmas
11-26-2009, 01:08 PM
You need to put all your points into that Persuasion skill... forgot what it's called. Starts with a "c"... I don't fucking remember.

But yeah... I got that shit maxed out and I think my dude is like level 11 or 12... idfk... put a few points into Cunning so I could raise it...

It reminds me of the KotOR days... fuckin' jedi mind tricks were the shit!

Works on that mage bitch too. She's kinky. And the Bard chick... I don't care much for names. ROFL Makes me lol real good though.

So basically you put all your points into getting laid but get your shit pushed in when you go out to battle?

Nice priorities, brah.

maynard
11-26-2009, 03:27 PM
So basically you put all your points into getting laid but get your shit pushed in when you go out to battle?

Nice priorities, brah.

just play the witcher, you get laid in like the first 5 minutes of the game lol.

Sin
11-26-2009, 08:49 PM

Nice priorities, brah.

I lol'd. The game is easy. Easy compared to KotoR or even Jade Empire. I brought my cunning up to 18 and whenever I got talent points I would put them into Coercion and the Combat one, forget what it's called.

I learned through playing Bioware's games that Persuasion goes a long way into getting good gear/monies. Fuck all the other talents for your main, like stealing, survival, herbalist, poison maker, etc... Put them into the combat one and Coercion and the game will be a LOT easier.

Christmas
11-27-2009, 12:21 AM
I lol'd. The game is easy. Easy compared to KotoR or even Jade Empire. I brought my cunning up to 18 and whenever I got talent points I would put them into Coercion and the Combat one, forget what it's called.

I learned through playing Bioware's games that Persuasion goes a long way into getting good gear/monies. Fuck all the other talents for your main, like stealing, survival, herbalist, poison maker, etc... Put them into the combat one and Coercion and the game will be a LOT easier.

How bout you go suck a dick, Sin.

FUCK YOU!!!

Sin
11-27-2009, 01:51 AM
How bout you go suck a dick, Sin.

FUCK YOU!!!

How 'bout you go suck a BAG of dicks, Xmas?! DO ET!

wickedtribe
11-27-2009, 03:12 PM
I am getting closer to the Archdemon. Unfortunately now I have to sacrifice myself. Bitches.

Actualy you don't have to sacrafice yourself.

*Spoiler Alert*

You can as Male:

Have child with morrigan, prevents death.
Have Allistair have child with morrigan, prevents death.
Sacrafice Allistair, prevents death.
Sacrafice Loghain, prevents death (you have to make him do the joining at the landsmeet)
Sacrafice yourself, you die.

You can as Female:
Have Allistair's child, Prevents death
Have Loghains child, Prevents death
Sacrafice Loghain, Prevents death
Sacrafice Allistair, Prevents death
Sacrafice yourself, you die

This are all the ways I have discovered thusfar and I think there is one more alternative for both male and female but, I havn't figured it out yet, one that doesn't envolve pregnancy.

loka
11-27-2009, 03:17 PM
*spoiler alert*

I let Loghain sacrifice himself since he betrayed the king and the Wardens, and considering him going through the ritual of becoming a Grey Warden was his death punishment... I figure I let it go through. I chased away Alister since he was being a little faggot anyways. Then I chased off Morrigan when Loghain refused to sleep with her. Morrigan is a freak though. i would fuck her in real life. Then marry her and run off.

wickedtribe
11-27-2009, 05:38 PM
*spoiler alert*

I let Loghain sacrifice himself since he betrayed the king and the Wardens, and considering him going through the ritual of becoming a Grey Warden was his death punishment... I figure I let it go through. I chased away Alister since he was being a little faggot anyways. Then I chased off Morrigan when Loghain refused to sleep with her. Morrigan is a freak though. i would fuck her in real life. Then marry her and run off.

Loghain will refuse but, if you go about it correctly you can force him to do it.

Or you can get your char preggo. I know your a lesbian in real life though :( but just let allistair nock you up lol.

loka
11-27-2009, 05:49 PM
I dumped Allister right after I defeated Loghain in the duel. So he was no where to be found :X Besides my char was a lesbian with Lilliana

wickedtribe
11-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Besides my char was a lesbian with Lilliana

Like it matters lol. I had Morrigan, Lelliana, and the queen all at the same time, till of course end game, cuz morrigan disapears after the arch demon. (not talking about what happens after you kill the archdemon and it lets you go around doing the sidequests).

Hell just for achievements I had all three Zevran, Morrigan and Lelliana all in love with me.

And yes they all do have their ultimatum thing that they do.

If you are given teh ultimatum before lelliana's sidequest and you side with morrigan, once you do the sidequest you can make her fall back in love with you.

Or after your given the ultimatum you side with lelliana you can get morrigan back in love with you by giving her the mirror.

After which nomatter who you chose they will not give you another ultimatum, unfortunatly morrigan becomes a cunt and wont sleep with your char but lelliana won't descriminate.

loka
11-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Haha I read women even through games. I knew Morrigan was a psycho bitch. Like i said hit it, marry and bounce! Lilliana was a ride or die chick hahahaha

wickedtribe
11-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Is morrigan a romance option as a female in the game?

Have not played fem.

loka
11-27-2009, 07:12 PM
I tried, but then said fuck it and stopped cause I just wanted to beat the game. Then I noticed Lilliana was all up in my shit...

I also frequented the Pearl. Lol

wickedtribe
11-27-2009, 07:18 PM
I tried, but then said fuck it and stopped cause I just wanted to beat the game. Then I noticed Lilliana was all up in my shit...

I also frequented the Pearl. Lol

I bet you tried out the "Female" companions :D that made me LOL that bioware put trannies in the game.

Jeimuzu
11-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Haven't.. Slept.. In 2 days.. But.. New monitor.. Must.. Play games..

SouthSide
11-27-2009, 08:02 PM
this game worth renting?

wickedtribe
11-27-2009, 08:28 PM
this game worth renting?

I doubt you would have enough time to complete as much of it as you would like. It is more of a "buy" game or you can just torrent it, either one works.

It won't be a waste of time though, this game is pretty beastly

SouthSide
11-27-2009, 08:30 PM
I doubt you would have enough time to complete as much of it as you would like. It is more of a "buy" game or you can just torrent it, either one works.

It won't be a waste of time though, this game is pretty beastly

i think 5 days would be enough to get through the main story line

wickedtribe
11-27-2009, 08:34 PM
i think 5 days would be enough to get through the main story line

Well, yes but you would serriously need alot of time on your hands, like dedicating at least 6 hours a day to the game, I did EVERY sidequest on my second playthrough and knowing how to do them all it took me 49 hours in game time.

First playthrough took me (didn't do all the sidequests) 53 hours.

The game tells you how long you have played.

Go for it if you want but, depends.

ManBearPig <ibis>
11-28-2009, 12:22 AM
http://www.platformnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/diablo_3.jpg

Christmas
11-28-2009, 02:22 AM
Is morrigan a romance option as a female in the game?

Have not played fem.

There is too much to this fucking game. I haven't even started to worry about wooing Morrigan. Every time I want to talk to her personally I get these stupid options like "why are you still here?"

Fucking no persuasion skills with my character, whatsoever.

(inb4 "JUST LIKE REAL LIFE LAWL")

wickedtribe
11-28-2009, 02:55 AM
There is too much to this fucking game. I haven't even started to worry about wooing Morrigan. Every time I want to talk to her personally I get these stupid options like "why are you still here?"

Fucking no persuasion skills with my character, whatsoever.

(inb4 "JUST LIKE REAL LIFE LAWL")

Lol dude what? All you have to do is give them gifts now and then, and talk to them in their style of belief, If its Morrigan you compliment her alot and when shes with you as long as you do things that benefit yourself, she agrees and approves.

And once you run out of things to say to her thats all you get left, the only way to open new dialog is to improve your relationship with her past friend.

The best ways to do this are, give her the golden mirror, and give her the black grimoir found in the mages tower.

Christmas
11-28-2009, 03:47 AM
Lol dude what? All you have to do is give them gifts now and then, and talk to them in their style of belief, If its Morrigan you compliment her alot and when shes with you as long as you do things that benefit yourself, she agrees and approves.

And once you run out of things to say to her thats all you get left, the only way to open new dialog is to improve your relationship with her past friend.

The best ways to do this are, give her the golden mirror, and give her the black grimoir found in the mages tower.

I know but I actually had her disapprove -10 twice because I tried to talk about personal stuff and she basically put me in a place where I couldn't say something she hated. I did give her the book but that was only a +8.

I'm trying to get to the Sloth Demon at the moment so its not like I can woo her anyways.

yours' truely
12-05-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm like 10 pages too late with this comment, but...

In oblivion, how fucked up was it that all mobs lvl when you do?

Combined with being able to run through everything, you are basically OP'd when you try to stay as low lvl as possible and you run through everything.

I liked morrowind much more. I favorite thing about it was, killing/looting/stealling all the cool armor/weapon sets and mat's, killing the occupents in a house, moving all your stuff into your new house, arranging it like so to be all martha stewart and feng-shui, and finally walking into your house causes the game to crash and sometimes giving you the BSOD b/c your house is too pimp for windows.

wickedtribe
12-05-2009, 02:50 PM

Combined with being able to run through everything, you are basically OP'd when you try to stay as low lvl as possible and you run through everything.

I liked morrowind much more. I favorite thing about it was, killing/looting/stealling all the cool armor/weapon sets and mat's, killing the occupents in a house, moving all your stuff into your new house, arranging it like so to be all martha stewart and feng-shui, and finally walking into your house causes the game to crash and sometimes giving you the BSOD b/c your house is too pimp for windows.

Lol I just think the idea of something living through a sword or axe to the head is completely stupid, but theres balancing issues :)

yours' truely
12-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Lol I just think the idea of something living through a sword or axe to the head is completely stupid, but theres balancing issues :)

lol. /agree. but for 'gaming' purposes it's fine.

but wtf about getting shot by bullets, not dying and all you have to do is jump behind some cover to auto-heal with no limits?

Christmas
12-05-2009, 02:56 PM
How far are people on finishing everything?

I am still not even at the part with Loghain (If there ever is a time when I can confront the guy) and I just got finished getting the urn and doing the Dwarf Carta bitch quest.

Sooo muchhh to dooooo....

Christmas
12-05-2009, 02:57 PM
I also hate boss battles.

FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN INSTEAD OF RUNNING AWAY TO YOUR STUPID TRAPS AND HENCHMEN.

wickedtribe
12-05-2009, 03:13 PM

You fight Loghain 1 on 1.

Anyway Ive beaten the game as every race, as every class, now im going through and trying to get the army of "werewolves, undead, golemns, dwarfs, and templars" (AKA evil)

Jeimuzu
12-05-2009, 03:21 PM

I did that in Morrowind, and I still do that in oblivion...

I've played that game so much that I have a higher gamerscore on 360 then what it physically allows. (It was a glitch because I got all achievements on the original, then all on the expansions, and uninstalled the expansions to get some room.)

See, you wouldn't have this problem if you froze everything that moves and then set everything on fire and shocked whatever is left until it dies.

loka
12-05-2009, 03:40 PM
You fight Loghain 1 on 1.

Anyway Ive beaten the game as every race, as every class, now im going through and trying to get the army of "werewolves, undead, golemns, dwarfs, and templars" (AKA evil)

I should do that now.. I miss playing it, but once I know an ending... it loses appeal to me

Christmas
12-05-2009, 04:21 PM
See, you wouldn't have this problem if you froze everything that moves and then set everything on fire and shocked whatever is left until it dies.

You mean like the revanent in the Forest Ruins?

Can't get close enough to that guy without him teleporting away and shocking everything within range. I had to go one on one with my warrior (with a ranged weapon) and kill him after at least ten minutes of constant shooting back and forth. Fucking bitch.

wickedtribe
12-05-2009, 04:55 PM
I should do that now.. I miss playing it, but once I know an ending... it loses appeal to me

Yea But, I mean you can vastly change the ending

Like even playing through almost exactly the same it changes alot.

I like just realised that once you have the talent you can Dual wield main hand weapons, going through on my evil rogue... I actualy think my warrior was the most over powered thing I have played though, he was a tank, best armor in game, Just to test it out I could solo the arch demon with him (with the help of the armies) thanks to the shield wall never nocking him down thing...

wickedtribe
12-05-2009, 04:58 PM
You mean like the revanent in the Forest Ruins?

Can't get close enough to that guy without him teleporting away and shocking everything within range. I had to go one on one with my warrior (with a ranged weapon) and kill him after at least ten minutes of constant shooting back and forth. Fucking bitch.

What? Revnants are melee badasses, they suck you close to them and can attack everyone in your party at the same time for like 60+ damage, (I had to do it for jugernaut armor like three times)

I don't know what your talking about teleporting away and using shocks, the only spell a revnant should use is that one where he pull a party member right up too him.

Jeimuzu
12-05-2009, 05:00 PM
I don't know what your talking about teleporting away and using shocks, the only spell a revnant should use is that one where he pull a party member right up too him.

In which case I freeze them, set them on fire, cast Tempist, and run away screaming like a little girl.

Christmas
12-05-2009, 05:01 PM
What? Revnants are melee badasses, they suck you close to them and can attack everyone in your party at the same time for like 60+ damage, (I had to do it for jugernaut armor like three times)

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. My strategy with the Revs was just use forcefield on him and kill his lackeys, then just go 1v1 me-lee with my tank and range him with everyone else. That was actually a fun "boss".

I can't remember exactly which one it was. It was in the ruins when you try to get Witherfang's heart, and there is a big room with four large circles in it. It is some kind of undead mage that hits you with a bunch of crazy spells and if your me-lee players get too close he teleports to another circle and uses an AOE lightning spell on the circle he was just in.

Sin
12-05-2009, 05:05 PM
There's like a bajillion endings in Bioware's games.

I stopped playing though. My attention span for video games now-a-days just dropped to shit.

wickedtribe
12-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. My strategy with the Revs was just use forcefield on him and kill his lackeys, then just go 1v1 me-lee with my tank and range him with everyone else. That was actually a fun "boss".

I can't remember exactly which one it was. It was in the ruins when you try to get Witherfang's heart, and there is a big room with four large circles in it. It is some kind of undead mage that hits you with a bunch of crazy spells and if your me-lee players get too close he teleports to another circle and uses an AOE lightning spell on the circle he was just in.

OHHH the Arcane Horror, Lol I did that boss the "bitch-way" every time I encountered him, if you equip a party member with a bow, have your party on hold posistion and get on the stairs so you can see him, you can just keep auto shooting him and he NEVER attacks you, he summmons skeletons but they wont even come up to you, u just sit there shooting him, and he acts like a fuckin moron standing still.

@ James, My warrior would butcher your mage any day, two words... Holy Smite. As well Templar warriors own mages up and down, Just because while ur stunned I can just use my melee swings to keep draining your mana and when the stuns almost over hit you with another stun, then when its almost over hit you with a nockdown, then another nockdown, and there is no way you would be alive unless your an arcane warrior. at that point :) but melee swings with a one handed weapon (Have the best weapon in the game, the DLC Meteor sword w/e its called) doing 60-90 damage on you cuz ur a squishy. :) (holy smite has a very very long range too it.)

Jeimuzu
12-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Hence the running away screaming like a little girl part.

Besides, of course I'd get 0wnd4.. I'm like level 11.

I only just got halfway through the Dead Roads in the midgety peoples' kingdom.

I need a nuke everything spell.. So I can just be like "HADUKEN!" and everything explodes. Like in Oblivion.

loka
12-15-2009, 03:21 AM
I save the dwarves for last. For some reason, that entire storyline should be last. I always start off with Redcliffe, the Elves, then the dwarves.

Jeimuzu
12-15-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm torn between Fable and Dragon Age now.. Once one starts to annoy me I'll just go back to the other, and so forth.

I had to save in Fable the other day, and I was like 80% done with a mission.. And as I reloaded it started me at the very beginning, with all my potions and everything I had gotten and used, missing.. Time for DA.. -_-''

loka
12-15-2009, 11:46 AM
I finally helped maynard figure out the Fade. I take breaks when I play games like that. So far in my second time playing, the storyline changed dramatically. I haven't tried, but can you play the game after beating it? Finish the side quests?

maynard
12-15-2009, 02:03 PM
I finally helped maynard figure out the Fade. I take breaks when I play games like that. So far in my second time playing, the storyline changed dramatically. I haven't tried, but can you play the game after beating it? Finish the side quests?

yeah I'm gonna just restart my game... I fucked up bad on everything my first time around.

Christmas
12-15-2009, 02:31 PM
yeah I'm gonna just restart my game... I fucked up bad on everything my first time around.

You didn't get the fade?

Come on, Maynard. They practically TELL you what to do.

Actually the fade was possibly the funnest part of the entire game. When you have to attack all the blood mages and skelingtons all I needed to do was morph into the fire-skelington guy and just firebomb myself while I was surrounded. I take no damage and everyone goes flying. Best. Strategy. Ever.

maynard
12-15-2009, 07:10 PM
You didn't get the fade?

Come on, Maynard. They practically TELL you what to do.

Actually the fade was possibly the funnest part of the entire game. When you have to attack all the blood mages and skelingtons all I needed to do was morph into the fire-skelington guy and just firebomb myself while I was surrounded. I take no damage and everyone goes flying. Best. Strategy. Ever.

well I did get kinda confused on the fade but the reason I want 2 restart my game is just cause I screwed up every 1's talent trees. all my guys should be a lot better then they are.

wickedtribe
12-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Actualy the best strategy in the fade when confronting the mages is wait, they all start attacking eachother and they will kill eachother untill 1 remains lol.

Also Don't try to make anyone multi-talented, otherwise it fucks them up, going full into one thing is the best to do other than being a mage, which if you know what like 80% of the spells in entropic and spiritual are used in combo's

Jeimuzu
12-16-2009, 01:44 AM
The Fade was mostly just a long, annoying maze..

maynard
12-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Also Don't try to make anyone multi-talented, otherwise it fucks them up

lol.. I figured that out the hard way

Dog Brother #1
01-13-2010, 04:18 PM
The Fade was mostly just a long, annoying maze..

It was a fun time though, plus all the +attribute statues/items? It was a worthwhile maze, you cannot deny that.

However, I restarted my game too. I became aggravated when I took my Blood Mage, and turned 'er into an Arcane Warrior/Blood Mage, and I basically could solo everything. I didn't want to get to the Landsmeet with that bullshit of a character.

I like a good fight.