PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 2

๖ReS
11-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Great game, lots of fun. It seems they smoothed out the combat a bit and the climbing as well. They changed up the story line and the game play entirely. You now run your own city, and collect taxes that you can use to buy stuff, and further improve your city. The better your city (with a brothel AND a church and all that stuff) the more taxes you get to have ! :D

Its pretty cool. The missions are more varied as well, the Assassination missions are all different but still have the same main focus. Go kill some guy. lol.

Also, TWO hidden blades, need I say more ? :D

Hitman
11-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Great game, lots of fun. It seems they smoothed out the combat a bit and the climbing as well. They changed up the story line and the game play entirely. You now run your own city, and collect taxes that you can use to buy stuff, and further improve your city. The better your city (with a brothel AND a church and all that stuff) the more taxes you get to have ! :D

Its pretty cool. The missions are more varied as well, the Assassination missions are all different but still have the same main focus. Go kill some guy. lol.

Also, TWO hidden blades, need I say more ? :D

I just went to Best Buy to get the game....... loaded it and just jizzed all over my couch --------LOLOL

๖ReS
11-21-2009, 04:25 PM
I just went to Best Buy to get the game....... loaded it and just jizzed all over my couch --------LOLOL

LOL !!

Inorite ?

maynard
11-21-2009, 05:11 PM
imma just download it... I rather have it for console... but I also rather not pay for it lol

๖ReS
11-21-2009, 11:19 PM
imma just download it... I rather have it for console... but I also rather not pay for it lol

Gamefly for the fucking win.

maynard
11-21-2009, 11:39 PM
Gamefly for the fucking win.

torrent spy and isohunt.com ftw :icon_mrgreen:

anex
11-22-2009, 02:56 PM
I can't wait to play this for pc. But some of it seems a little disappointing.

I mean I played the first one for the story line and the free-running. I like how you can kill your targets in different ways now. But really do you need to own your own city and collect taxes? I could do without that and "paying" for upgrades. That aspect seems gay.

Good thing I play games for storyline only. The second better be epic with its story because I was pissed at the cliff hanger from the first one.

btw... Long Live the Piratebay!

Sin
11-23-2009, 08:24 AM
torrent spy and isohunt.com ftw :icon_mrgreen:

Digital Hive FTW... 1MBps download every time!

wickedtribe
11-23-2009, 08:34 AM
The first one was fun untill this one error broke the game for me.

Is every mission essentially the same where you have to Climb a tower, pickpocket a person carrying an item of interest, violently interrogate somebody?

The first game was nothing but repetitivness over and over again all you did was climb a damn tower, go to your little assassins outpost, which were clones in every city, get your mission, go climb a few towers go mug/pickpocket sombody, go back to your outpost, get your kill target, stalk him just a little ways then jump off of a building and land on him with your hidden blade, and then run away to your outpost, rinse and repeat about ohhh 8+ times?

Sin
11-23-2009, 08:57 AM

Is every mission essentially the same where you have to Climb a tower, pickpocket a person carrying an item of interest, violently interrogate somebody?

The first game was nothing but repetitivness over and over again all you did was climb a damn tower, go to your little assassins outpost, which were clones in every city, get your mission, go climb a few towers go mug/pickpocket sombody, go back to your outpost, get your kill target, stalk him just a little ways then jump off of a building and land on him with your hidden blade, and then run away to your outpost, rinse and repeat about ohhh 8+ times?

They did away with the repetitive "missions". Downloading this tonight.

maynard
11-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Digital Hive FTW... 1MBps download every time!

whats this digital hive you speak of.

Sin
11-23-2009, 02:36 PM
whats this digital hive you speak of.

www.digitalhive.org

Or there's this awesome website called www.google.com. If you were to type in "digital hive", I'm sure their website would be the first on the list.

loka
11-23-2009, 03:49 PM
you have to make an account, but its harmless. activate it through your email and your good to go.

๖ReS
11-23-2009, 03:59 PM

Yeah they are pretty varied with the main objective still being there, a Race is a race, its just in a different area. An assassination contract is an assassination contract, just with different people and areas, and depending how good you are, different difficulties. The combat is cool, I like to change it up and try to counter with my hidden blade, its hard, one shot kill most of the time. The story missions are always different, The only problem is that there are still 60 fucking viewpoints you have to climb.

To anex, The city is a nice thing to have, you get a shit load of money for collecting taxes, based off of how nice you make your city. You own a Villa at the top end of the city that contains the "Sanctuary", which contains none other that Altiar's armor from the last game(you have to visit 6 assassins tombs to get the seals for each, unlocking the armor later). There are 22 weapons in the game and 4 sets of armor, and you dont just get handed them, you have to work for them and occasionally stop by your town and get your taxes, which you then spend on weapons at the blacksmith for 15% off. Hahaha.

My main point, is that Assassins Creed 2 is better, much better than the last. When it comes to combat, spice it up a bit, use your knife, try and strafe behind people, beat them to death with their own weapon lol.

ALSO, the model details are sorta shitty, seems like they could have knocked it back a few days to improve upon it. Whatever, the voice acting is good and the lip syncing rarely looks bad or off.

Okay, I'm done, thanks if you read any or all of that ^_^

Jeimuzu
11-23-2009, 04:09 PM
The second better be epic with its story because I was pissed at the cliff hanger from the first one.

Agreed.

Hitman
11-23-2009, 04:57 PM
If someone can find me the link for this game I would be forever in your debt. no time right now to look for it because im working a viewing :(

maynard
11-25-2009, 04:14 PM
If someone can find me the link for this game I would be forever in your debt. no time right now to look for it because im working a viewing :(

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mVWhWsgHzKM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mVWhWsgHzKM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/

loka
11-25-2009, 05:35 PM
They had a 1 hour special on Spike TV about the underlinings of AC2. I suggest you watch it.

Christmas
11-26-2009, 02:37 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mVWhWsgHzKM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mVWhWsgHzKM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/

Piazza San Marco?

That's badass.

Jeimuzu
11-26-2009, 03:21 PM
I heard a rumor that the third will finally take place in the future, but I bet they'll just end up stretching the series some more..

Anyhow, hopefully they hurry up and bring it out on PC.

maynard
12-01-2009, 12:39 PM
www.digitalhive.org

Or there's this awesome website called www.google.com. If you were to type in "digital hive", I'm sure their website would be the first on the list.

correct, but there website is noting but a login or register section... so seeing how there's 0 information as 2 what it is, I figured it was a logical question. I don't register 2 shit till I know what it is.

anex
12-30-2009, 10:50 AM
This game blows. Such a disappointment.

I about threw my controller at my TV because of the cliffhanger and then hated Ubisoft for taking a dump on what was once an epic storyline.

Res you lied to me!

maynard
12-30-2009, 04:12 PM
This game blows. Such a disappointment.

I about threw my controller at my TV because of the cliffhanger and then hated Ubisoft for taking a dump on what was once an epic storyline.

Res you lied to me!

shit, guess I wont buy it then.

Jackie Marlow
02-12-2012, 05:12 PM
I hate to bump ancient fucking threads but I just bought this game with the intention of powering through it so I can enjoy AC 3. Am I the only one who hates the kb + mouse controls? Is there some secret to making the gameplay not eat shit? I don't feel like unearthing my 360 controller - don't even know if a PS3 controller can connect to PC but the point of buying games on PC is so I don't have to deal with shitty controllers in the first place.

TIA

maynard
02-12-2012, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't use a mouse + keyboard for AC games. controller better.

Jackie Marlow
02-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Ahh, fuck. That's the last time I impulsively buy a game. My pieces of shit thumbs weren't made for controllers. :(

maynard
02-12-2012, 07:26 PM
My pieces of shit thumbs weren't made for controllers. :(

lol? how so?

Jackie Marlow
02-12-2012, 07:42 PM
lol? how so?
No coordination or dexterity. I think I'm part monkey or something. :headache: