PDA

View Full Version : loosing 28lvls on WCS server...?!

wizard
12-01-2009, 11:31 AM
hi all who are going to read this, actually im lvl 276 on wcs instead of 304....... i was going to get vagabond... i mean like OMG!!
the thing is that WCs server lagged, could only kill with abilities, i called for ANEX who came and reseted all, BUT i loosed all thoose 28 levels... i will never be vagabon =((((

please any admin help me, ask ANEX if you doesnt believe me...

Steam : Rasen300.

Thx:cheer:

Christmas
12-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Okay, it is losing and lost.

Second, you should post your STEAM ID.

Third, calm down. ZERO will fix the problem when he gets around to it.

maynard
12-01-2009, 01:24 PM
zero, his id is .#Bzi`Ko | .wizard` STEAM_0:0:17114837

ZERO
12-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Server saves data on map changes also during that time the server was broken and becuase it is broken it likely does not actually record levels gained during that time. Unfortunately, you will need to simply regain those levels. Luckily, I am working on a fix for this crazy glitch :wtg:

maynard
12-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Server saves data on map changes also during that time the server was broken and becuase it is broken it likely does not actually record levels gained during that time. Unfortunately, you will need to simply regain those levels. Luckily, I am working on a fix for this crazy glitch :wtg:

there's no way he gained 28 lvls when you could only hurt ppl with ultimates lol. that's just crazy talk.

mastercheff
12-01-2009, 04:53 PM
actually they were letting people plant bomb and kill people on purpose to farm exp

maynard
12-01-2009, 04:56 PM
actually they were letting people plant bomb and kill people on purpose to farm exp

you sure about this? and if so who else was involved? cause I believe I need 2 have a bit of a chat with them...

acolyte_to_jippity
12-01-2009, 07:09 PM
maynard, does it matter now? if he didn't get any levles from it (and 28 is freaking amazing, especially in one morning...must have been over several low-level classes) then the others didn't get any levles eithre.

maynard
12-01-2009, 07:14 PM
maynard, does it matter now? if he didn't get any levles from it (and 28 is freaking amazing, especially in one morning...must have been over several low-level classes) then the others didn't get any levles eithre.

hell yeah I do. I'm not gonna ban him, I'm going 2 give him a warning that manipulating the server in anyway 2 get lvls is BAD. lvl feeding is and has always been frowned apon and something that can get you band

it is NEVER ok for a group of people 2 agree 2 let them kill the other for a short time, and then re-pay the favor.

no duh 28 lvls is good for the morning, it's cause they didn't do it legitly Lol. but I find it funny that this guy breaks server rules 2 get lvls then complains when they're gone.

if the server is not working correctly. then leave till it's restarted, or play it the way it is. lvl feeding = I stab you.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-01-2009, 08:17 PM
how much xp do you get for planting/defusing bomb anyway?

maynard
12-01-2009, 08:19 PM
how much xp do you get for planting/defusing bomb anyway?

15 plant 15 if it goes off.

but even with using just ultimates and spells... if you're doing like a 2 on 2 lvl up sesh, with a shadow hunter, and objective, you could rack up XP really fast. and you know the ppl who are on the recieving end of it are on there highest lvl characters 2 give the max amount of xp 2 the others... it's just bad. it's cheating, and manipulating the server.

look at chibby. he was giving out free money (another form of manipulating the server) and he lost his admin. it's just abuse doing that. it's like cade breaking in ZM.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-01-2009, 11:07 PM
it's a shame. i really liked chibby.

and i seriously thought his cash rounds were allowed, just rare.

maynard
12-01-2009, 11:11 PM

lol nope. and it's a slap in the face to the serious regulars who work for the top10.

you must be the only person who liked chibby. I don't know any 1 else who liked the guy.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-02-2009, 12:26 AM
well, he wasn't ever an ass to me, whenever he was an ass to someone they deserved it, and he came whenever i chatted him that we needed an admin (reset server, deal with spammer/hacker, examine a glitch (hell demon)) (nested parenthases </sp> btw!)

maynard
12-02-2009, 02:25 AM
well, he wasn't ever an ass to me, whenever he was an ass to someone they deserved it,

Lmfao, ya... telling any 1 who disagrees with you "ILL BAN YOU! YOU CANT TALK TO AN ADMIN LIKE THAT" is real cool. dude, literally the entire server did not like him, I could easily get about 30 names that hate him without trying. the dude would change the map 5 times within 5 minutes. every time he logged on would set the map 2 what he wanted 2 play, regardless of other admins being already on for hours (against the tos) the dude was an ass. maybe he liked you, cool. but he was an absolute prick 2 a shit-ton of ppl. there's a reason every 1 started lipping him off hardcore the second they new he wasn't admin Lol, and it wasn't cause they liked him. also ive seen you more frequently over like the last week but prior 2 that I don't recall really seeing you often... a few hours here and there spread out over a long time... there's a good bit of chibby you never saw. I'm not trying 2 make you not like him, I'm just saying he's an ass 2 the majority of ppl, and the majority do not like him.

Christmas
12-02-2009, 02:52 AM

No. Giving cash is only allowed in PUB because in PUB you don't get a shopmenu where you can buy experience. If giving cash was allowed then it would be very easy for people to farm cash from the admins and whore their experience. That ruins the fun of gaining levels.

Maynard: I would really wish people didn't obsess over their rank. It's a pointless number. I don't even remember there being any rank system on the server, and either way what does it matter if a player is 9th or 10th in the top10?

maynard
12-02-2009, 03:27 AM
Maynard: I would really wish people didn't obsess over their rank. It's a pointless number. I don't even remember there being any rank system on the server, and either way what does it matter if a player is 9th or 10th in the top10?

cause it takes it takes time and dedication 2 rise up on it... just like any ranking system... 2 say whats it matter if you're 9'th or 10'th is stupid... by that logic, sports would be pointless as would board games or any game in general. the point of a game, video or RL is 2 WIN and be competitive. it's a competitive game, and the ranking makes it more fun. hence why COD and most games always give you an option 2 feel progression as you play... ppl like it.. hence why 90% of servers have a ranking system 2 begin with. I never said it matters if you're 9'th or 10'th I did say though that it's a slap in the face 2 those who work there ass off 2 be on that list or high up on it. if you don't agree with ranking and being competitive that's your call, but most do enjoy a ranking system and that aspect of it.

anex
12-02-2009, 06:23 AM

I've only done it a couple times on last round of a map so people can stock up on powers and have a crazy last battle. I like to call it "Super Happy Fun Time." And super happy fun time it is.. :D Mabye a sudden death round where everyone has 1 hp could be "Oh my fucking god time" and where people have 500 health could be "I r has health time."
Just like Zmod has its fail map Thursdays and mic spam Mondays, gg with its sexy Saturdays courtesy of Hobo, WCS will have its fun moments as well. :D

It was a shame about Chibby, but he was racist against people with names that included linear lines

Ya but the ranking system in wcs is based on who has the most levels, which is retarded. Instead of "wow this player is really good", we all get the feeling of "wow, this person has NO life!"

maynard
12-02-2009, 11:38 AM
I've only done it a couple times on last round of a map so people can stock up on powers and have a crazy last battle. I like to call it "Super Happy Fun Time." And super happy fun time it is.. :D Mabye a sudden death round where everyone has 1 hp could be

ppl do nothing but buy xp on the last round. so if you could quit fucking with the server and giving free money that would be great. if I see any admin giving free money I'm gonna see 2 it that they're removed from the server permanently. thinking that the majority is spending it on anything but xp is just ignorant. I'm becoming very tired of you admins from other ends of IBIS coming 2 WCS, and fucking it up. if you don't like it, or have a problem with it, stay out. Don't come 2 WCS 2 give out free money and ban ppl for skywalking and or doing things you think should be bannable when they're not. follow the WCS rules, or fuck off. this goes for all admins and all players. There is no special day in WCS, nor do any regulars want 1. as I said, quit trying 2 change WCS 2 what you think it should be. stay on ZM if you have a prob with WCS.

we all get the feeling of "wow, this person has NO life!"

Lol who the hell is "we"? un-like yourself I got a little more then 10 hours logged on the server lol... I'm pretty sure I know what the regulars want overall. and other then new races, lag issues and some other tweaks fixed, the server is fine, and the regulars are very happy with it. as I said before, if you don't like the set up, or how it works, go else where. don't come into WCS and complain about it, or give out free money which is the number 1 bannable offense on the server.

Christmas
12-02-2009, 12:14 PM
cause it takes it takes time and dedication 2 rise up on it... just like any ranking system... 2 say whats it matter if you're 9'th or 10'th is stupid... by that logic, sports would be pointless as would board games or any game in general. the point of a game, video or RL is 2 WIN and be competitive. it's a competitive game, and the ranking makes it more fun. hence why COD and most games always give you an option 2 feel progression as you play... ppl like it.. hence why 90% of servers have a ranking system 2 begin with. I never said it matters if you're 9'th or 10'th I did say though that it's a slap in the face 2 those who work there ass off 2 be on that list or high up on it. if you don't agree with ranking and being competitive that's your call, but most do enjoy a ranking system and that aspect of it.

Unless we are talking about competitive sports, then the entire aspect of any game is to enjoy yourself. Winning is but a minor part in it. Competitiveness in the servers is me trying to kill every fucker on the other team in any way that I can each round. Not to see if I can camp and increase my rank. That is how rank whores ruin the game.

I'm not going to feel bad if someone beats me in the ranking system, I will be more mad that someone is getting higher levels than me because they cheated their way into doing it.

maynard
12-02-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm not going to feel bad if someone beats me in the ranking system, I will be more mad that someone is getting higher levels than me because they cheated their way into doing it.

you do realize that's what I said in my msg right? that it's a slap 2 ppl who do take the top 10 seriously, 2 have ppl just give out free money and quick lvl.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-02-2009, 12:16 PM
i'm happy with the server the way it is. i don't even think new races would be good. i'm happy with what we got.

maynard, i'm on all the time, but it seems like its rarely when you are. though as my motivation for the last week of term is quickly falling, i hjave been on much more. that's gonna slow down for a while though, just bought evil genius and mirror's edge!!

I'll agree, that it seems like there was a side of chibby i hadn't seen, and like i said, i didn't know some of the tings he was doing were not allowed.

in hindsight though, it makes sense. after the server crashed during one of his cash rounds (too many people buying tomes) another admin came on and the cash round ended instantly, and he told people who asked for more to shut up. i guess he knew what he was doing. i didnt realize at the time because i was busy being a warden and killing off everyone typing to ask him for more money lol ^__^

Sin
12-02-2009, 12:19 PM
ppl do nothing but buy xp on the last round. so if you could quit fucking with the server and giving free money that would be great. if I see any admin giving free money I'm gonna see 2 it that they're removed from the server permanently. thinking that the majority is spending it on anything but xp is just ignorant. I'm becoming very tired of you admins from other ends of IBIS coming 2 WCS, and fucking it up. if you don't like it, or have a problem with it, stay out. Don't come 2 WCS 2 give out free money and ban ppl for skywalking and or doing things you think should be bannable when they're not. follow the WCS rules, or fuck off. this goes for all admins and all players. There is no special day in WCS, nor do any regulars want 1. as I said, quit trying 2 change WCS 2 what you think it should be. stay on ZM if you have a prob with WCS.

Lol who the hell is "we"? un-like yourself I got a little more then 10 hours logged on the server lol... I'm pretty sure I know what the regulars want overall. and other then new races, lag issues and some other tweaks fixed, the server is fine, and the regulars are very happy with it. as I said before, if you don't like the set up, or how it works, go else where. don't come into WCS and complain about it, or give out free money which is the number 1 bannable offense on the server.

So, I can give cash to everyone, right?

maynard
12-02-2009, 12:20 PM
i'm happy with the server the way it is. i don't even think new races would be good. i'm happy with what we got.

maynard, i'm on all the time, but it seems like its rarely when you are. though as my motivation for the last week of term is quickly falling, i hjave been on much more. that's gonna slow down for a while though, just bought evil genius and mirror's edge!!

I'll agree, that it seems like there was a side of chibby i hadn't seen, and like i said, i didn't know some of the tings he was doing were not allowed.

in hindsight though, it makes sense. after the server crashed during one of his cash rounds (too many people buying tomes) another admin came on and the cash round ended instantly, and he told people who asked for more to shut up. i guess he knew what he was doing. i didnt realize at the time because i was busy being a warden and killing off everyone typing to ask him for more money lol ^__^

you've logged like 105 hours over 3 and a half months, so that averages around 1 hour - 1.5 hours a day. not saying that's bad or anything just saying yeah.. there really was a good bit of chibby you never saw lol. I fucking hate cheaters.... they really piss me off.... but no point getting mad, he's gone.

So, I can give cash to everyone, right?

BAHHH!!:pistols::pistols::pistols:

Christmas
12-02-2009, 12:27 PM
you do realize that's what I said in my msg right? that it's a slap 2 ppl who do take the top 10 seriously, 2 have ppl just give out free money and quick lvl.

I never said anything about disliking it because of rank in my post.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-02-2009, 12:29 PM
well, some days i can't play at all/i'm playing something else on steam. so really, the days i play o (on wcs, i also play sg's jailbreak) i'm on for 2-3+ hours. just not every day.

actually, i'm amazed that i'm (points wise, not levels i don't think) 113 on wcs, and like 147th on sg's jailbreak.

i guess i'm better than i thought

maynard
12-02-2009, 12:31 PM
well, some days i can't play at all/i'm playing something else on steam. so really, the days i play o (on wcs, i also play sg's jailbreak) i'm on for 2-3+ hours. just not every day.

actually, i'm amazed that i'm (points wise, not levels i don't think) 113 on wcs, and like 147th on sg's jailbreak.

i guess i'm better than i thought

jail break is for noobs heh

and christmas

"
Maynard: I would really wish people didn't obsess over their rank. It's a pointless number.

I will be more mad that someone is getting higher levels than me because they cheated their way into doing it

you can see why I got confused with your wording. from your first response I figured you were anti competitive or something.

anex
12-02-2009, 03:15 PM

Its funny that the number one ranked guy doesn't like it when you give out money to other players :P No need to get so pissed off about it dude. Last time I did it was about a month and a half ago, since your panties are in a bunch I won't be doing it again :( Almost banned for ppl for skywalking but the other players said YOU said it was ok, and since I respect you as an admin I followed what you said.

Those special days were just a suggestions. God I was trying to be helpful! You didn't need to be so mean! *cries in a corner* You could have just said, "No thats gay" and we could have left it at that. ( I wasn't serious about them anyways dude)

BTW with rank I was just saying I wish it was based more on K : D ratio then who has the most levels. I mean really when I look at ranks and someone has 400 levels its like, damn dude.

maynard
12-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Its funny that the number one ranked guy doesn't like it when you give out money to other players :P No need to get so pissed off about it dude. Last time I did it was about a month and a half ago, since your panties are in a bunch I won't be doing it again :( Almost banned for ppl for skywalking but the other players said YOU said it was ok, and since I respect you as an admin I followed what you said.

Those special days were just a suggestions. God I was trying to be helpful! You didn't need to be so mean! *cries in a corner* You could have just said, "No thats gay" and we could have left it at that. ( I wasn't serious about them anyways dude)

BTW with rank I was just saying I wish it was based more on K : D ratio then who has the most levels. I mean really when I look at ranks and someone has 400 levels its like, damn dude.

the remark I made towards banning ppl for skywalking was aimed at some other admins. when I said ppl coming 2 WCS and fucking things up I didn't mean just you, or even really you at all. other then the money thing I have no issue with you /hug. I was just venting my anger over ppl constantly going against the server rules and fucking things up on WCS. you got 2 keep in mind that WCS only really has 2 active admins, my self and chronic. and chronic has not been playing that much over the last couple weeks... so it's like I'm constantly having to deal with issues and ppl bitching over other admins trying 2 in-force rules that don't exist, and admins banning ppl for stuff like skywalking when it's permitted. we made the WCS rules rough draft for a reason, I wish zero would have made it offical by now, but I know he's busy. but those literally are the server rules for WCS, and half the admins who come in don't even read the rules.... I don't understand why... then on top of it, I explain the rules 2 ppl like echo, and when I'm logged off they still ban ppl for doing shit they're allowed 2 do... it's a joke. on ZM and GG you guys have lotts of admins, as where on WCS it's pretty much me 90% of the time, and chronic for a couple hours a day.

do you really think id be happy about ppl giving money out? I work damn hard for my lvl 950, and every 1 else can do the same.

but I have no beef with you and I'm sorry for coming off the way I did, I just get UBER pissed off when I have 2 deal with ppl breaking server rules constantly...