PDA

View Full Version : Hi, and Help!

Action
12-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Hey all,

I used to play on your servers, but I was banned one night by accident I think. The admin was telling people to change from fast zombies to something else. I did, but then some other jerk didn't and then suddenly I was banned.

Can you guys undo me?

STEAM_0:1:169165 01:09 83 0 active

thanks, look forward to playing again.

Jeimuzu
12-12-2009, 03:27 PM
They should NOT ban people just because they use the fast.

I'm sure someone will unban you shortly, but do you know who it was that banned you? (By any chance, someone who didn't have Ibis.A in their name and had strange letters?)

walterbrunswick
12-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Hi Action.

When we play escape maps where the majority have voted against fast zombies, I will fore-warn players at the start of the map to change their classes.

Following, a round or two later, I will be in spec watching for fast. If I see a fast, I will freeze him/her and request (through verbal and text) that they type !zmenu and change to a non-fast zombie class. If they heed my request, all is well. If they do not, I ban them from the server for the duration of the map (usually no more than 30 minutes).

I warn players every round by admin say that fast are not allowed, to type !zmenu, and that fast will be banned.

That being said, I don't recall banning you, and if I had done so it wouldn't have been for more than 30 minutes.

And welcome to the forums.

Kavinsky
12-12-2009, 05:36 PM
It was probably holy shit then who banned you if it wasnt walter, hell on general pricipal you should stay a fast just to piss'em off

walterbrunswick
12-12-2009, 06:33 PM
It was probably holy shit then who banned you if it wasnt walter, hell on general pricipal you should stay a fast just to piss'em off

You're not helping anyone's case here...

XxMastagunzxX
12-12-2009, 06:41 PM
You can't ban fast zombies on every single escape map...that's just stupid

loka
12-12-2009, 07:16 PM
You can't ban fast zombies on every single escape map...that's just stupid

Pretty much. There's no rule written that says fast zombies are not allowed especially on escape maps. If you don't want fast zombies, send a message to ZERO and complain. Otherwise, making degenerate rules about things you don't like is useless. Banning someone for being the wrong class for even 30 minutes is a waste of time.

Jeimuzu
12-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Walter, don't ban people just because they don't change their class. I can understand freezing, but you should never ban someone for that.

You know what, scratch that.. You shouldn't be banning or freezing fast zombies. Change the map off escape maps and go to a barricade map. They're more entertaining anyways.

Wait until BMT to play escape maps. Then go crazy.

walterbrunswick
12-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Walter, don't ban people just because they don't change their class. I can understand freezing, but you should never ban someone for that.

You know what, scratch that.. You shouldn't be banning or freezing fast zombies. Change the map off escape maps and go to a barricade map. They're more entertaining anyways.

Wait until BMT to play escape maps. Then go crazy.

I know what you're saying. I only ban them for the duration because they do not listen, and thus make the map unplayable for the rest of the server.

A lot of people like quite a few of the escape maps (esp. deathstar, jurassic, etc). They can be really fun.

What I'm doing is making the maps playable for humans. Most of the people comply without complaints.

Like I said in another thread, and I believe Rezel told ZERO this... to actually limit the speed of the zombies on a per-map basis.

Anex, OMGBEARS, myself, and a few other admins are in-tune with the players on a day-by-day basis, and we do not enjoy sitting in spec babysitting.

Kavinsky
12-13-2009, 12:32 AM
yes yes why aren't you mr completely unfathomable.

you still dont get it, its not the fast thats to blame its the fact that no one ever turns around and shoots at them and then they wonder why they get raped up the ass by a fast

on cade maps fasts get shreded like fuck because they HAVE to watch out for them and other zombies while they get there cade up. if people would just start paying attention they wouldnt need you to babysit them.

and how the hell are people going to learn to turn around and shoot at a fast as soon as someone says there is one if you keep holding there hands by forcing people not to be them on escapes?

NiXHeX
12-13-2009, 12:57 AM
i still see after 2 years of not playing CS the drama from the zombie server hasnt changed once lol

walterbrunswick
12-13-2009, 01:40 AM
yes yes why aren't you mr completely unfathomable.

you still dont get it, its not the fast thats to blame its the fact that no one ever turns around and shoots at them and then they wonder why they get raped up the ass by a fast

on cade maps fasts get shreded like fuck because they HAVE to watch out for them and other zombies while they get there cade up. if people would just start paying attention they wouldnt need you to babysit them.

and how the hell are people going to learn to turn around and shoot at a fast as soon as someone says there is one if you keep holding there hands by forcing people not to be them on escapes?

When was the last time you actually PLAYED on an escape map with fast zombies. It is 99% IMPOSSIBLE, Kavinsky. Do you understand this? Not even the best players can out-run or out-shoot a fast. How would you expect to run blindly backwards and jump and crouch WHILE SHOOTING!?!!?

walterbrunswick
12-13-2009, 01:40 AM
i still see after 2 years of not playing CS the drama from the zombie server hasnt changed once lol

Some things never change :wtg:

uuntiltheendd
12-13-2009, 01:06 PM
When was the last time you actually PLAYED on an escape map with fast zombies. It is 99% IMPOSSIBLE, Kavinsky. Do you understand this? Not even the best players can out-run or out-shoot a fast. How would you expect to run blindly backwards and jump and crouch WHILE SHOOTING!?!!?

are you being sarcastic? plenty of people win on escape maps with fasts.. even me and im a noob.

oh and welcome :wtg:

acolyte_to_jippity
12-13-2009, 01:11 PM
:sigh:

guys, did you miss the part where walter said if the majority of players agree.

loka
12-13-2009, 01:13 PM
:sigh:

guys, did you miss the part where walter said if the majority of players agree.

That's based on a votes and we all know votes consist of 1 spammers. Not a good way to determine you consensus.

walterbrunswick
12-13-2009, 01:17 PM
That's based on a votes and we all know votes consist of 1 spammers. Not a good way to determine you consensus.

Usually I do

ma_votequestion "Allow fast zombies?" " " " " "Yes" "No"

... so, no.

acolyte_to_jippity
12-13-2009, 01:18 PM
what if he started seeding the votes against one spammers?

vote:
1. i take it in ass
2. ban them
3. leave them

loka
12-13-2009, 01:22 PM
I could careless. Arguing and complaining about something that's already implemented on the mod is retarded. Either get better or shut up. You guys treat this like it's real life. If you want to consider this real life then consider the fast zombies tigers, cheetahs, hyenas, and other fast animals. You can never outrun those.

Jeimuzu
12-13-2009, 01:34 PM
I kinda have to agree with Kavinsky.. I actually played Train Escape to prove to someone awhile back that you can live on it as a human, and win.. Of course I had a group of people that all actually listened at the time, but that just might be the problem.

But like I told you.. It's fine if you freeze the fast zombies on certain escape maps.. Just don't ban them.

I could careless. Arguing and complaining about something that's already implemented on the mod is retarded. Either get better or shut up. You guys treat this like it's real life. If you want to consider this real life then consider the fast zombies tigers, cheetahs, hyenas, and other fast animals. You can never outrun those.

Yeah but I can kill them with a single shot.. I may be able to slow down a fast zombie to the point he can no longer move, but once I run out of ammo and I'm in the open I'm pretty much screwed. But again.. Get off escape maps and we wouldn't HAVE this happening.. I still vote for two ZM servers, one escape and one barricade..

Superman
12-22-2009, 08:25 AM
Welcome to the IBIS Community!

ChronicVT
12-30-2009, 10:25 AM
First and formost... Welcome to ibis Gaming re-noobie...

Walter, you're a ban, kick, and hindrance person anyways, espeically when things are not going "your way"... this is not to say you abuse your powers of Admin, but merely everytime I am on a server you play on (seldom as I can) you are complaining about someone,... whether it is something they say, how they are playing, or just generally your dislike of the player... you are bitter... go get drunk... your "funner" (or, more fun, as the correct English would say), to play against... Lighten up just enough to remind yourself, "It is only a game!"...

Jeimuzu is correct... there are "other ways" to deal with things... if it is part of the game, you should not "ban", kick or prevent it from being used... it is part of the game... you don't kick the player out of Monopoly just because they get to roll again when they get doubles... if it is an option in the game... it is there to be part of the game... for ALL players to manipulate... like it or not... it is in the forums you bitch... and it is suggestions to Zero and Jigsaw that make decisions to change the game play...

Can't we all just get along...

~Rogue

ps... Don't forget to stop by and check out our WCServer ( 174.36.201.114:27015 ) where CounterStrike meets WarCraft...

walterbrunswick
12-30-2009, 12:37 PM
First and formost... Welcome to ibis Gaming re-noobie...

Walter, you're a ban, kick, and hindrance person anyways, espeically when things are not going "your way"... this is not to say you abuse your powers of Admin, but merely everytime I am on a server you play on (seldom as I can) you are complaining about someone,... whether it is something they say, how they are playing, or just generally your dislike of the player... you are bitter... go get drunk... your "funner" (or, more fun, as the correct English would say), to play against... Lighten up just enough to remind yourself, "It is only a game!"...

Jeimuzu is correct... there are "other ways" to deal with things... if it is part of the game, you should not "ban", kick or prevent it from being used... it is part of the game... you don't kick the player out of Monopoly just because they get to roll again when they get doubles... if it is an option in the game... it is there to be part of the game... for ALL players to manipulate... like it or not... it is in the forums you bitch... and it is suggestions to Zero and Jigsaw that make decisions to change the game play...

Can't we all just get along...

~Rogue

ps... Don't forget to stop by and check out our WCServer ( 174.36.201.114:27015 ) where CounterStrike meets WarCraft...

Why don't you actually try admining the Zombie Mod server once and see how it fairs for you, instead of being completely passive and criticizing how others do it?

Not that I can't take the criticism, but it doesn't weigh much coming from the peanut gallery.

Happy New Year!

ChronicVT
12-30-2009, 12:58 PM
This "Peanut Gallery" plays GunGame and WCS... can't stand the drama on ZM... but I do "pop-in" to ZM... there are lots of other Admins there, that they don't need my opinion... To many Admins spoil the server... :lmao:

I don't see your lame ass on WCServer...

now that was critizism...

~Chronic