PDA

View Full Version : Empire Total War

maynard
12-30-2009, 04:30 PM
any 1 else play this game? I just started playing it last night, always have been a huge fan of medieval total war... really enjoying the new 1 so far.

wickedtribe
12-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Ive had it for a long while, about a year now, I've gotten all single player achieves for it, I like the game but i don't like the warpath... at all... im waiting for napoleon total war to come out... it is soon but imo its just an expansion to empire even if it is a brand new game.

maynard
12-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Ive had it for a long while, about a year now, I've gotten all single player achieves for it, I like the game but i don't like the warpath... at all... im waiting for napoleon total war to come out... it is soon but imo its just an expansion to empire even if it is a brand new game.

I haven't played empire yet 2 say if I like or dis like it... so far though I see many improvements over the old 1... I like how you have little towns and villages you control now.. the technology unlock tree is kinda weird though.

the napoleon total war game will be lotts of fun

what specificly don't you like about the warpath?

wickedtribe
12-30-2009, 05:08 PM
what specificly don't you like about the warpath?

the fact that the entire UI is changed and harder for me to use, as well the only real way to win against a euro country is to outnumber them 3 to 1, as well commerce is alot harder to manage as your buildings are unique and perform multiple functions so its hard to decide which ones you need more than others, and to string it together, most people are hostill towards you which means diplomatic negotiations are nearly impossible unless you throw money you dont have at them, for trade which wont really benefit you as you dont have many trade goods as they are controlled by the euro and you cant construct the buildings to enhance trade like they can...

All in all I just dont like playin an america's faction as I did in the Medieval Kingdoms expansion.

maynard
12-30-2009, 05:28 PM
the fact that the entire UI is changed and harder for me to use, as well the only real way to win against a euro country is to outnumber them 3 to 1, as well commerce is alot harder to manage.

ill have 2 keep that in mind. what pissed me off right away is how there's so many factions you can't play... I was so happy when I saw there's like 40 factions and then found out you can only play like 10 of them or something... kinda stupid.

Curdy
12-31-2009, 06:14 AM
huge fan of the total war series, but i much prefer medieval 2 than this one. ima get napolean total war though.

maynard
12-31-2009, 03:09 PM
this empire total war version is hard... the tech tree and researching shit is kind of a nightmare imo.....

any 1 know if you can position your units? in medieval I believe it was < and > would let you angle your troops on the battle field... but I can't find a button 2 make this happen.

Curdy
01-01-2010, 06:15 AM
maynard try these to angle troops < and >

maynard
01-02-2010, 05:14 AM
maynard try these to angle troops < and >

I did that, cause that was the command for medi 2.... but in this 1 it just changes 2 my armed infantry when I hit < or >

is there any way 2 get a bonus for conquering?????

when a place starts rebelling how the fuck do you stop it with military??? or can you? cause the automated help NPC thing tells me 2 send my military in and wipe them out or lower taxes, but I don't get how I use the military 2 kill them.

Curdy
01-02-2010, 05:07 PM
best way to quell rebellion is to stop it before it begins. maange your taxes till, it goes to green.

maynard
01-02-2010, 05:54 PM
best way to quell rebellion is to stop it before it begins. maange your taxes till, it goes to green.

I think I like medi 2 more heh. which I just bought for 5 dollars on steam lol

Curdy
01-03-2010, 02:38 AM
same i think im gonna get it on steam too..

maynard
01-04-2010, 12:17 PM
same i think im gonna get it on steam too..

you ever had lag issues while playing empire? for some reason I would get horrible lag when I would pan the camera around the world map....

ManBearPig <ibis>
01-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Medi2 is the shit. Rome total war is still my fav though, i don't like guns added into the combat.

maynard
01-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Medi2 is the shit. Rome total war is still my fav though, i don't like guns added into the combat.

yeah, but you don't get guns into waaaay later in the game...

Curdy
01-04-2010, 06:57 PM
yeah once i advanced to gunpowder in medi 2 i converted every castle into a city lol to accomodate my new standard army lol mostly guns cannons and light cav ahaha i enjoyed crushing the french early on to.

wickedtribe
01-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I did that, cause that was the command for medi 2.... but in this 1 it just changes 2 my armed infantry when I hit < or >

is there any way 2 get a bonus for conquering?????

when a place starts rebelling how the fuck do you stop it with military??? or can you? cause the automated help NPC thing tells me 2 send my military in and wipe them out or lower taxes, but I don't get how I use the military 2 kill them.

You cannot stop a rebellion untill it has happend, try to change your political leaders to have higher stars and also not have negative effects on the happyness of populations, generaly the larger you get your going to want to change your gov type by having a revolution to become a republic, which means you will get shit leaders now and again but your people will still be happier than as a monarchy. This total war is very hard and its hard to decide what is more effective in the game.... as far as changing unit positions, Hold down right click and pull your mouse in whatever direction untill you see unit positions, then you will move your mouse to change the formation to how you like, you can make your unit lines thicker, or thinner, wider or shorter, each is beter for specific situations, a long single line is extremely effective against line infantry but weak against melee units such as calvary.

As far as MTW2 goes I always have all of europe or eastern europe and the middle east by the time gunpowder hits, (No cheats) hell if you do the Holy roman empire correctly you can have all of europe by turn 40... I did all the was required by turn 30... unfortunatly on very hard the second your excommunicated every country (even muslims) will declare war on you if they can.

Then again before I got CSS i always played Rome Total war so ive become pretty seasond on these games.

Curdy
01-05-2010, 09:38 AM
well if any of you are game for it im up for a little medi 2 battle's pm me if your up for some epic battle's :icon_mrgreen:

maynard
01-05-2010, 12:35 PM
well if any of you are game for it im up for a little medi 2 battle's pm me if your up for some epic battle's :icon_mrgreen:

ive never tried an online battle before... but I'm down

EDIT... nvm.. forgot my internet is fucked till like the 12'th... guess I can't play with ya till then =(

wickedtribe
01-05-2010, 08:07 PM
ive never tried an online battle before... but I'm down

EDIT... nvm.. forgot my internet is fucked till like the 12'th... guess I can't play with ya till then =(

Quick tip, do not use militia or any form of light infantry that you would use in the campaign, while they work well in campaign they suck HORRIBLY in the online battles.... ur beter off with the most expensive best troups possible.... Incedentaly the turks jannisary heavy inf. can beat any other inf. unit in one on one... threw me way off because i always thought the hashashim and conquistidors were the strongest...

maynard
01-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Quick tip, do not use militia or any form of light infantry that you would use in the campaign, while they work well in campaign they suck HORRIBLY in the online battles.... ur beter off with the most expensive best troups possible.... Incedentaly the turks jannisary heavy inf. can beat any other inf. unit in one on one... threw me way off because i always thought the hashashim and conquistidors were the strongest...

thx for the heads up.

ZERO
01-05-2010, 08:57 PM
You all got me ETW for Christmas so thanks. (it was like 75% off)

maynard
01-05-2010, 09:04 PM
You all got me ETW for Christmas so thanks. (it was like 75% off)

no problem :icon_mrgreen:

best 10 dollars a month ive ever spent.

ManBearPig <ibis>
01-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Napoleon total war? Anyone going to get it. I just started replaying Rome total war again this week and have become re-addicted. I skipped empire total war cuz i didnt have the money, now i think im going to shell out for napoleon total war. Anyone agree?

Christmas
01-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Is this related at all the Age of Empires?

If so I'm all in.

Curdy
01-30-2010, 12:42 AM
no its on a much much larger scale

maynard
01-30-2010, 02:26 AM
Napoleon total war? Anyone going to get it. I just started replaying Rome total war again this week and have become re-addicted. I skipped empire total war cuz i didnt have the money, now i think im going to shell out for napoleon total war. Anyone agree?

yeah I'm getting it. I also heard that they fixed a lot of AI bugs in this 1, and just current problems in general. looking forward 2 it.

Curdy
01-30-2010, 01:28 PM
yeah plus each nation won't have the same unit types like line infantry will be unique to each nation.

ZERO
01-31-2010, 05:35 PM
I was surprised how abruptly the campaign ends. I figured that you had to hold the territories until 1825 not just get 15 or what ever by then. Otherwise I would have just rushed and won faster. I still won by the end of 1783 but if it kept going to 1825 I could have taken the map.

maynard
01-31-2010, 07:22 PM
I just bought the expansion pack for medi 2. excited 2 play the americas and other custom campaigns.

ManBearPig <ibis>
02-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Expansions for medieval 2? Never seen em.

maynard
02-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Expansions for medieval 2? Never seen em.

has 1 expansion with 4 new campaigns.

americas
crusades
britania
teutonic

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uIzrNvQuWFo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uIzrNvQuWFo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

the americas is really awesome so far. without the expansion when you go to the americas it's like 5 places. it's now prob around 60 =D. really cool though playing a new land and just seeing all the native americans and the native drum beat music n shit.

ZERO
02-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Ok now trying the grand campaign and what would I need protectorates for if not to just invade them by placing my armies next to theirs and attacking them all at once? Are they like free territories that I get to invade with no real consequence?

maynard
02-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Ok now trying the grand campaign and what would I need protectorates for if not to just invade them by placing my armies next to theirs and attacking them all at once? Are they like free territories that I get to invade with no real consequence?

not sure if you're taking 2 me, or about the americas. but if you are

the americas have a buncha ppl on them, and the native armys have LOTTS of ppl. like I was seriously surprised how many armies were in the americas lol. it's no cake walk. your best bet if you want 2 do it easy is play spain. cause as you do well, you get reinforcements from home.

ZERO
02-03-2010, 01:34 AM
What I am saying is that the 13 colonies are protectorates so I can move my armies freely around their area. So if I rush those areas and place my armies in the right spots early on and then declare war I can crush them in one move. I won the road to independence by 1783 and I was not even trying to rush b/c I though I actually had to defend them until 1825. I can take a lot of area in one move and doing so early on against small armies is the best. The real key is not to start a war that you can not win quickly b/c you will be fighting the allies of your enemy too.

What I think sucks is that I can not play as America in the gran campaign. I just hope I can still get the us units if I take their land b/c I paid for the cool extra us bonus units but have never gotten to use one becuase I never got though more than 25% of the tech tree.

What I really love about this game is the turn based play. It lets me plan all my moves in advanced so I have something to do in class. Like I can plan when and where I am going to move my armies and all my plans for the attacks knowing in advance basically what the enemy has. I also know how far they can move and with what so it is not too hard to plan 10 or so moves ahead. This way I can block moves before they happen. Also b/c you can just go back it is funny to go back a few moves to fuck with a nation you know is going to declare war on you by sabotaging a bunch of their shit. I love having spys running 2 or 3 moves ahead of my armies laying the ground work for the invasion! I got to get the expansion if not just to be able to see the HMS victory!

maynard
02-03-2010, 01:38 AM
What I am saying is that the 13 colonies are protectorates so I can move my armies freely around their area. So if I rush those areas and place my armies in the right spots early on and then declare war I can crush them in one move. I won the road to independence by 1783 and I was not even trying to rush b/c I though I actually had to defend them until 1825. I can take a lot of area in one move and doing so early on against small armies is the best. The real key is not to start a war that you can not win quickly b/c you will be fighting the allies of your enemy too.

What I think sucks is that I can not play as America in the gran campaign. I just hope I can still get the us units if I take their land b/c I paid for the cool extra us bonus units but have never gotten to use one becuase I never got though more than 25% of the tech tree.

What I really love about this game is the turn based play. It lets me plan all my moves in advanced so I have something to do in class. Like I can plan when and where I am going to move my armies and all my plans for the attacks knowing in advance basically what the enemy has. I also know how far they can move and with what so it is not too hard to plan 10 or so moves ahead. This way I can block moves before they happen. Also b/c you can just go back it is funny to go back a few moves to fuck with a nation you know is going to declare war on you by sabotaging a bunch of their shit. I love having spys running 2 or 3 moves ahead of my armies laying the ground work for the invasion! I got to get the expansion if not just to be able to see the HMS victory!

I think we're not on the same page here. maybe its the booze or something. but the americas I'm fighting in are during the time of the Mians. there is no actual amerias there yet.

I'm talking medi2 expansion americas. not Empire total war americas.

ManBearPig <ibis>
02-03-2010, 02:02 AM
Yeah the medi2 expansion looks sick. I want it, but i would have to go to game stop and all that shit. we'll see.

ZERO
02-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Yea I know that, I am still talking about empire total war which I think I might give up on b/c when ever I look at the African cost it crashes the game. I have had 4 crashes today and it is just not worth it. Like that are is so major that if I need to play the game without half of the world b/c it crashes the game then fuck that. Too bad b/c I was about to preorder the expansion but it looks like this is yet another game that was not properly tested and still contains too many bugs to be playable.

maynard
02-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Yea I know that, I am still talking about empire total war which I think I might give up on b/c when ever I look at the African cost it crashes the game. I have had 4 crashes today and it is just not worth it. Like that are is so major that if I need to play the game without half of the world b/c it crashes the game then fuck that. Too bad b/c I was about to preorder the expansion but it looks like this is yet another game that was not properly tested and still contains too many bugs to be playable.

that's hilarious you say that cause that is literally the exact same reason I quit playing empire as well. whenever id go over africa or that area it would generate crazy ass game lag... even though I had none of the area visible or had been there before. tried restarting my PC and shit and nothing would fix it.

play medi 2 with the kingdoms expansion. it's like a million times better.

ZERO
02-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Apparently the problem is that the game exceeds the maximum amount of memory a program is allowed to use in a 32bit system. I am not sure if this is fixed if you have a 64bit os but I do know that you can reprogram your 32 bit os to allocate more memory to allow it to work...

So now the question is should I switch to 64bit or just reprogram my os. Also you should go here and complain so that they fix it sooner: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=231433

I do not think I will be buying the new expansion until I know it is fixed.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-03-2010, 05:44 PM
personally, 64 bit is the way to go. sure feels nice having 4 gb of RAM.

ZERO
02-03-2010, 07:45 PM
I tired an os patch that did do what it was supposed to by increasing the max memory allocated by the program but it still crashes like it did earlier when Spain makes its move...

ZERO
02-04-2010, 02:22 PM
So I figured out why it does not work. You are required to have a 64bit os if you have a 1gb or greater gpu. Therefore I would recommend not to buy the expansion unless you have a 64bit os.

whytboiz33
02-04-2010, 02:44 PM
So I figured out why it does not work. You are required to have a 64bit os if you have a 1gb or greater gpu. Therefore I would recommend not to buy the expansion unless you have a 64bit os.

i want YOUR 64 bit OS all over me

ZERO
02-04-2010, 07:38 PM
I found out that steam dl problems cause the game to have some files corrupt and that by verifying the cach I can fix it. Did so and found 9 bad files now trying to dl the correct ones.

wickedtribe
02-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I found out that steam dl problems cause the game to have some files corrupt and that by verifying the cach I can fix it. Did so and found 9 bad files now trying to dl the correct ones.

Ok so I come back and people actualy play this game now?

Ok before you talked about protectorcrates, and their importance... The advantage of having protectorcrates is very large in the Very Hard difficulty of the campain, but this is only true in europe, for which, you want to make those minor german nations (Bavaria, Wurtemburg, Westphalia, Hannover, Saxony) to be your protectorcrates or your allies, simply because, they are small but when they choose a region to attack they attack it in full force with everything, and they are all allied with austria at the begging of the campain, and on the very hard difficulty if you attack austria, without having good relations with the minor nations they will all jump in and help to attack you. which allows austria to have a safe western border.

And if your saying that you cant play the us in the grand campain... you can!

Just not starting in 1700, go to the road to independence and choose the very last one, its right after you become a country and the actualy state of the world, with british and french colonies in india, the french presence in canda removed, and many minor nations that had sprung up at the time such as naples, Afghanistan, and Norway, and you pick up from there with the relation they depict the States having with the world. And the way that america starts allows it to easily build a fleet, expand west and send troups across the atlantic to Europe, for me i took the african coast and expanded through asia minor and the illberian peninsula

maynard
02-08-2010, 02:36 PM
glitches and problems aside... I just think they rushed the shit out of empire total war. I think it's sad medi 2 has been around as long as it has, and it's a better game then empire Lol, and offers less problems/glitches.

the stupid map issue that zero and myself faced aside... id still get attacked all the time, would defend my settlement and the attacking army half the time wouldn't advance or come at me till I literally moved the majority of my troops outside the place.... soooo stupid....

also the citys and everything look horrible. I remember taking france 100 turns in and it was like 4 buildings... wtf is that Lol....

I dunno... I think empir was a complete waste of time and money. ill be trying the napoleonic wars cause I heard they actually are getting there shit together and trying 2 make it decent.

ill stick with medi 2 +kingdoms expansion till then.

ZERO
02-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Actually it turns out that map issue is due to using a 1gb video card on a 32 bit os and this impacts your ram mapping and is actually a problem on your computers side that can be solved by using 64bit or reprograming your ram to allocate 2.5gb instead of just 2gb to non hardware data.

All the other crashes I had were the result of corrupt files and that was steams fault and fixed after verifying them.

I do not understand what you are saying about the buildings but will all the grafix settings maxed the game looks very good for me.

Currently I have started as england and taken France in the first 5 turns. It is now 1705 and I have 11+ territories 3 in america including Quebec that I just took (yea I still got the starting places), I also have taken the main pirate island this past turn.
Current battle fronts:
Caribbean - island hopping with a small ground army taking pirate bases and soon an old french territory that has gold and close access to Brazil currently all pirate ports are under my control. By Florida I am holding off fleets from Louisiana and plan to keep that front in a defensive position.
African - Naval force is a few turns away from removing pirates and setting up 4 trade ships
Europe - A missive military force is being built up in pairs for an attack on the heart of spain, while I am at war with them we have yet to have any conflicts. I hope to take Spain in 3-5 turns from the first move of my army thus crushing the Spanish empire. My agents are already in Spain killing gentlemen and causing economic damage to help set up the invasion.
America - An invasion force has taken all territories previously held by France except the one below Quebec. The last french based outpost will fall within 3 moves. From here the Inuit Indians and the united states will be invaded. Also the Indians are sending a small army to try to take my northern settlement in main. When they are crushed troops from that position will leave in time to meet up with forces attacking NY in 5 turns. Force will split into two divisions to take the rest of the indian and the northern territory of Louisiana within 15 turns.
Will be opening up to 5-6 fronts in the next 20 moves.

maynard
02-08-2010, 07:12 PM
that can be solved by using 64bit or reprograming your ram to allocate 2.5gb instead of just 2gb to non hardware data.

but how does 1 do this.

ZERO
02-08-2010, 07:55 PM
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238484

wickedtribe
02-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Actually it turns out that map issue is due to using a 1gb video card on a 32 bit os and this impacts your ram mapping and is actually a problem on your computers side that can be solved by using 64bit or reprograming your ram to allocate 2.5gb instead of just 2gb to non hardware data.

All the other crashes I had were the result of corrupt files and that was steams fault and fixed after verifying them.

I do not understand what you are saying about the buildings but will all the grafix settings maxed the game looks very good for me.

Currently I have started as england and taken France in the first 5 turns. It is now 1705 and I have 11+ territories 3 in america including Quebec that I just took (yea I still got the starting places), I also have taken the main pirate island this past turn.
Current battle fronts:
Caribbean - island hopping with a small ground army taking pirate bases and soon an old french territory that has gold and close access to Brazil currently all pirate ports are under my control. By Florida I am holding off fleets from Louisiana and plan to keep that front in a defensive position.
African - Naval force is a few turns away from removing pirates and setting up 4 trade ships
Europe - A missive military force is being built up in pairs for an attack on the heart of spain, while I am at war with them we have yet to have any conflicts. I hope to take Spain in 3-5 turns from the first move of my army thus crushing the Spanish empire. My agents are already in Spain killing gentlemen and causing economic damage to help set up the invasion.
America - An invasion force has taken all territories previously held by France except the one below Quebec. The last french based outpost will fall within 3 moves. From here the Inuit Indians and the united states will be invaded. Also the Indians are sending a small army to try to take my northern settlement in main. When they are crushed troops from that position will leave in time to meet up with forces attacking NY in 5 turns. Force will split into two divisions to take the rest of the indian and the northern territory of Louisiana within 15 turns.
Will be opening up to 5-6 fronts in the next 20 moves.

Dude why you going to invade america? if you take the cherokee territory and already have the french ones, as well as geogia... you are given the 13 colonies... as per the mission given at turn one... to check your missions select the prestige button and click the second tab... you can be saved alot of troops and wages but just taking out the cherokee.

maynard
02-08-2010, 10:39 PM
where exactly do I find my boot.ini file. ive searched all over, and have show hidden files on... and I still can't find the damn thing.

ZERO
02-08-2010, 10:45 PM
That is what I am going to do but I do not have any standing armies on the southern part and so I am working along the back and will take Georgia last. The real problem is there is no financial gain in taking Georgia first but only cost as the territory is a net loss. Instead I will be moving from most profitable to least profitable so that I can sustain my military and economic growth. There is no point in warring down my economy to fight a enemy early on that will not ever be of much threat. Instead it is more important for me to allocate resources toward areas that not only have higher financial gain but also pose bigger risk to my long term goals like Spain. For example my military dispersion right now is:
Europe - 12 divisions of the good infantry 6 of them are upgraded, 6 divisions of the cheaper infantry 4 upgraded and 3 triple upgraded 3 cannons in europ one double upgraded 3 divisions of carvery one triple upgraded. Only one sloop monitoring for enemy ships in the Europe theater. One rake running around in spain.
Caribbean - 2 fleets dispersed thought the eastern and western sides with the largest protecting 5 tradeships that will be on the way to africa once the pirates are taken care of along with the old french outpost. Two divisions of the good infantry type and one regual type are taking the pirate bases and being reinforced with more of the regulars. The other territories are protected by two divisions of the good infantry, pickemen and a cannon.
America - 3 divisions of good infantry and 2 of the ones that are almost as good make up the force that took quebec with a general and dragoons. A force of 3 divisions of malllisha hold main. A fleet with a five star admiral along with fifth raths and brigs is heading south from main to take the us navy out. (note that 50%+ of my navy is from captured ships, taking ships has been my preference rather than building to focus for the land armies in Europe and to have max econ.

So as you see the forces to take Georgia simply do not exist and with the territory taking 3+ turns before I can even make it worth something let along get tax does not warrant the 3 divisions of good infinity 2 carvery divisions and 1 cannon needed to take it. That army would cost more per turn than could be gained from the land taken for at least 15 turns. There is no point to do it when I could spend less money and take out them from the top. Also in mine Georgia is the most defended city in America, 80% maxed out on the power bar.

ZERO
02-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Do not do that, what os are you using!? I fixed mine using only the console command.

maynard
02-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Do not do that, what os are you using!? I fixed mine using only the console command.

pirated version of xp

wickedtribe
02-09-2010, 01:00 PM
So as you see the forces to take Georgia simply do not exist and with the territory taking 3+ turns before I can even make it worth something let along get tax does not warrant the 3 divisions of good infinity 2 carvery divisions and 1 cannon needed to take it. That army would cost more per turn than could be gained from the land taken for at least 15 turns. There is no point to do it when I could spend less money and take out them from the top. Also in mine Georgia is the most defended city in America, 80% maxed out on the power bar.

So you dont care at all about diplomatic relations? Constant massive expansion will cause all nations to begin to HATE you, and unless your on easy (highly doubtful) they will cancle trade with you. And will lead to the second you capture a territory, all nations bordering that territory will attack you, in less than a few turns. Of course having friends in the game doesnt really matter if you are already have the ability to anihilate all of them, but based on how you asses your situations, you shouldnt be playing on anything less than very hard. And failure to uphold treaties will litteraly BUTCHER your reputation... as in attacking a protectorcrate. Also you have to repair the buildings you damage on your way through the colonies... not like the colonies ever build up a military though so you could probably take all of them with like one army.

Also food for thought... the maratha NEVER lose india... they capture the entire thing and again if your on very hard they will become very difficult to stop. Unless taken early on.

ZERO
02-09-2010, 05:41 PM
I am not attacking the 13 colonies. I thought I needed to only in the first 2 turns before the mission was assigned. Also I have kept good relations with the nations that I trade with and have not done anything in Europe besides take france and I am already at war with spain because of an alliance with the united provinces. Currently I trade with the marathaand am going to attack their enemies there and build up a military force until I have the advantage and then kill them in a quick and calculated move.

Once I take Spain I may invade northern Africa but I am avoiding war with anyone who I am not already at war with. I do not want to have the others attack me. Also b/c this is my first time paying the game outside of the road to independence i just have it on normal or what ever b/c I am playing for the 50 territories by 1800 although I am personally trying to see if I can get over 100 by then. I do not want to play on max difficulty until after I have beaten it on normal. What is funny though is that I did have a trade agreement with Quebec until they declared war on me, why the hate after I threaten them to get the agreement in the first place rofl! The only ally I tuned by back on was Norway b.c they are of no profit to be and being at war with Sweden is a death trap right now.

Also the maratha will fall, b/c I would rather run though there than start WWI in eurpoe lol. I really have no interest in moving east of France although I will take what I can get away with in north Africa. I mean I start off already at war with those one guys there.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-09-2010, 05:48 PM
but...it's sweeden.

what are they going to do?

yodel down some avalanches? death by chocolate?

----------------
Now playing: Muse - Take a Bow (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/muse/track/take+a+bow)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

wickedtribe
02-09-2010, 06:02 PM
but...it's sweeden.

what are they going to do?

yodel down some avalanches? death by chocolate?

----------------
Now playing: Muse - Take a Bow (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/muse/track/take+a+bow)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Suprisingly enough, the way they design territories in this game sweeden is like the second hardest nation to take out swiftly, hardest to take out quick is Russia... just because of how large it is. and the Sweeden is all coastal cities but their territory is so large its hard to police. and for some reason they always have troops scatterd around.

maynard
02-09-2010, 06:05 PM
yea... I deff need 2 get this game fixed and give it another shot.

if you got any ideas for me zero, as 2 fixing it plz let me know.

ZERO
02-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Actually you should follow those instructions I told you to stop b/c that is not what I did but I am running 7 not xp.

I have now taken spain in my last 3 turns however two nations declared war on me before I even got to spain lol. One was some random one territory indian and the other was that little nation below France who I believe may be launching a large inviason force to take England (which is completed un defended). I hope the united province fleet will stop them b/c I only have two sloops in Europe but hey now the game would not be fun if it is so easy for me to just roll over who ever I want. What gets me is I really would like to just finish off the people who are at war with me and have peace for a time.

At least I got a good trade agreement with Russia now. Now summer of 1709 with 13 territories.

Does anyone know if I take the other territory in spain will they fall or do I now need to get Portugal (Spain invaded them)

Curdy
02-10-2010, 02:25 AM
i reommend extreme naval power to choke the enemy's ports

maynard
02-10-2010, 04:07 PM
really well done vid.
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E2TmbmtmxHw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E2TmbmtmxHw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

playing as spain right now... kinda hard being half in the new world and half in the old world, but fun so far.

whats the deal with the cities n shit though. I got places with millions of ppl living in them... yet then I go into battle mode and it shows like 3 buildings, and a wall around them.... I don't understand this. in medi you had a huge ass settlement when you were attacked... something that looked like it was actually possible 2 house the masses... do the towns and citys ever look good in this game, or they always small little places with like 3-5 buildings?

wickedtribe
02-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Actually you should follow those instructions I told you to stop b/c that is not what I did but I am running 7 not xp.

I have now taken spain in my last 3 turns however two nations declared war on me before I even got to spain lol. One was some random one territory indian and the other was that little nation below France who I believe may be launching a large inviason force to take England (which is completed un defended). I hope the united province fleet will stop them b/c I only have two sloops in Europe but hey now the game would not be fun if it is so easy for me to just roll over who ever I want. What gets me is I really would like to just finish off the people who are at war with me and have peace for a time.

At least I got a good trade agreement with Russia now. Now summer of 1709 with 13 territories.

Does anyone know if I take the other territory in spain will they fall or do I now need to get Portugal (Spain invaded them)

In order to eliminate a faction, you must take out every territory they hold in their home theater, for spain, this means you must take italy, that island (cant for the life of me remember the name) granada, and every single territory they take in europe, what will happen when they fall is that, all of their islands will become pirate territories, and each individual territory they hold will either become rebels, or depending on location become independent nations (ex. Mexico)

ZERO
02-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Well at least I now know that I really am going to go though WWI to end this... fuck I really did not want to conquer Europe. However I have now been left with no choice. Europe, America, and the Caribbean are mine I will now need to plan how I am going to kill all of those territories. Luckily I will have fire by rank in the next 10 turns and that should basically triple my attack power. I will kill off the rest of Spain in Spain and push east on two fronts to take Europe. I will now need a navy in order to take control of the mediation. Therefore I will now try to move into a defensive position in Europe and take America first so I can have more resources.

I am really fucked now b/c I only attacked Spain thinking that I just needed to take the land in Spain to destroy the empire.

wickedtribe
02-11-2010, 06:29 PM
only way to stop the fighting... halt your advances... take no territories... instead focus on increasing defensive positions ie: forts towns etc... and send small bands of soldiers (i like 1 horse artilary and 1 line infantry) and just attack their little towns and trade routes (you can attack land trade routes by simply clicking on the road which they have trade) this will corrupt them economicly, forcing them to spend money on troops they cannot afford due to complete lack of production and trade.

Continue to hold where you are... try not to lose a single battle you enter (that goes without saying i think) and every turn try to get the best Vice pres (or w/e it is for england) so that you have improved diplomatic relations... from this by just holding and increasing production values of your own territories you will gain powerful commerce and be a valuble trade asset. which you will take the money you have and offer treaties to border nations... it will take several years for it to work but it does in the end... once territorial expansion is no longer a problem for your diplomatic relations you should be able to establish good relations... and from humble beginings you will be able to become a industrial giant and be on the verge of taking out massive territories and quickly seize the entire world.

ZERO
02-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Funny I noticed this quote in the game by Jefferson and I was thinking it did not sound like something he would have said so I looked it up and sure enough it is a Franklin quote: “The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.” How do you fail on pasting quotes into a game rofl!

loka
02-12-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm enjoying this game especially since I've always been a Revolutionary War buff back when I was a kid and growing up in Boston and visiting places like Bunker Hill, Plymouth Plantation, Lexington-Concord etc etc etc. I'm doing the Independence campaign where I'm focusing solely on fortifying all 13 states. Mainly focusing on New York on my defenses when the French want to take over Canada so they don't leak onto the states. I was making a fatal mistake of building in Boston, and not taking advantage of the Brits low defenses in Maine. After figuring it out after 2 tries, I've taken most of the north and heading next to Philly to take out the Brits from PA, VA, SC, NC, etc. Focusing on Naval, I fortified Allies with the Frenchies and the Spaniards. Once I use them to take out the Brits fleets, I'll take out the French from the West Indies and make ties with the Spaniards. Then backstab the Spaniards and take any remaining islands I can take in the West Indies.

ZERO
02-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Well I think I might just start a new game. Show cpu moves was turned off somehow and then a nation that does not have any ships lands a huge army on an island!

Jeimuzu
02-13-2010, 02:38 AM
Might get this.. Is it worth it?

Too lazy to read through so many pages..

maynard
02-13-2010, 03:38 AM
Might get this.. Is it worth it?

Too lazy to read through so many pages..

indeed it is.

it's also on sale for another day or 2 on steam for 10 bucks.

Jeimuzu
02-13-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't get things through Steam. I like hard copies for something to put on my shelf.

I'm also thinking about getting Medieval II: Total War.

Any thoughts on that?

loka
02-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Let's see. 40 dollars plus tax on 2 games, or get 6 games for 20.32 via steam. I don't care if it's a personal preference of wanting to show off collections. Saving $$ supersedes personal taste.

maynard
02-13-2010, 06:11 PM
I don't get things through Steam. I like hard copies for something to put on my shelf.

I'm also thinking about getting Medieval II: Total War.

Any thoughts on that?

medi 2 kicks ass!!!!! if you get the kingdoms expansion it's even better.

Jeimuzu
02-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Let's see. 40 dollars plus tax on 2 games, or get 6 games for 20.32 via steam. I don't care if it's a personal preference of wanting to show off collections. Saving $$ supersedes personal taste.

Have you seen my shelf? Few people do, but I admit, it probably is for personal preferences. I can look at anything on that shelf and have an instant flashback of all the time I've spent playing each game, watching every movie, etc. I can't do that if my computer dies or if my account gets unjustly banned by Steam. They are the memories and experiences I have in physical form. Though, it's kind of hard to explain.

But yeah, I was planning on getting the expansion too.. It adds 4 campaigns right?

Edit: Got them both.. Is there any chance that Empire Total War will destroy my computer? I saw talk of errors and glitches earlier. Best be sure before I do anything with the game.

ZERO
02-13-2010, 10:53 PM
It is a great game but knowing what I do now I would not buy it unless I had a 64bit os first. For me to make it work required changes to my os that now appear to be causing my computer to crash randomly.

o Dynasty zZ
02-14-2010, 12:05 AM
its great game just bought it two days ago makes my laptop crash sometimes but getting new computer soon anyway :wtg:

me and my friend charlie have battles a lot friend me on steam and we can all have a massive battle sometime

Jeimuzu
02-14-2010, 12:49 AM
Well I'm gonna get rid of Empire Total War then. I don't need crashing.

Curdy
02-14-2010, 05:44 AM
medieval 2 is the solution then, runs smoothly too and much more epic imo, Empire is a little civil for me.

Jeimuzu
02-14-2010, 11:49 AM
medieval 2 is the solution then, runs smoothly too and much more epic imo, Empire is a little civil for me.

I agree.

I'll get a chance to try it out tonight when I get home.

maynard
02-14-2010, 08:53 PM
I agree.

I'll get a chance to try it out tonight when I get home.

did you just get medi 2 or the kingdoms expansion as well?

if you got kingdoms the byzantine's get flamethrowers =p

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxnxieffejI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxnxieffejI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jeimuzu
02-14-2010, 09:27 PM
did you just get medi 2 or the kingdoms expansion as well?

if you got kingdoms the byzantine's get flamethrowers =p

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxnxieffejI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxnxieffejI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I got both. Installing the regular one right now though.

maynard
02-14-2010, 09:30 PM
I got both. Installing the regular one right now though.

just always launch the game from the kingdoms expansion. when you open kingdoms it will give you the option 2 play regular medi 2, or the additional campaigns.

Curdy
02-15-2010, 07:30 AM
yeah im installing kingdoms now also need to get a stupid gamespy id to play online though.

maynard
02-15-2010, 12:55 PM
yeah im installing kingdoms now also need to get a stupid gamespy id to play online though.

yeah ill be doing that tonight as well, we will have 2 play together some time.

Curdy
02-15-2010, 01:38 PM
sounds good maynard, James you should get an ID too

maynard
02-15-2010, 01:52 PM
sounds good maynard, James you should get an ID too

curdy, this your first time playing kingdoms?

StarsMine
02-15-2010, 11:45 PM
For some reason I cant get the game to run on my computer, The demo never worked wouldnt even boot up.

I bought that Total war package this weekend, and I get to the first loading screen before the menu, and the game crashes

maynard
02-16-2010, 02:51 AM
For some reason I cant get the game to run on my computer, The demo never worked wouldnt even boot up.

I bought that Total war package this weekend, and I get to the first loading screen before the menu, and the game crashes

what kinda vid card you got

StarsMine
02-16-2010, 03:35 AM
what kinda vid card you got

1 gig 9800 GSO... overclocked from 600 mhz to 700. Its a rebraded 8800 GS or GT idk, but its ment for media more so then gaming.

It is actually quite a nice budget card, plays crysis on medium no AA ~ 40 with AA ~ 24

Curdy
02-16-2010, 03:52 AM
I played a bit of kingdoms earlier, we jst need you maynard to get an ID james got one yesterday.

maynard
02-16-2010, 04:05 AM
oh yeah, I forgot. ill make 1 today and play this evening for sure.

Jeimuzu
02-16-2010, 08:40 AM
I took off my router, so I can host for the three of us. Me and Curdy are about to play right now as soon as Steam stops being annoying. (Yeah, like that'll ever happen.)

maynard
02-16-2010, 12:07 PM
I took off my router, so I can host for the three of us. Me and Curdy are about to play right now as soon as Steam stops being annoying. (Yeah, like that'll ever happen.)

ive never done an online battle before... should be interesting.

there's also a way to have 2 people play the same campaign, gonna look into that also.

ZERO
02-16-2010, 02:37 PM
1 gig 9800 GSO... overclocked from 600 mhz to 700. Its a rebraded 8800 GS or GT idk, but its ment for media more so then gaming.

It is actually quite a nice budget card, plays crysis on medium no AA ~ 40 with AA ~ 24

How much video memory and how much ram do you have? what os?

Jeimuzu
02-16-2010, 04:41 PM
ive never done an online battle before... should be interesting.

there's also a way to have 2 people play the same campaign, gonna look into that also.

Maynard, for some reason neither I or Curdy can host online, but I've come up with a solution: Hamachi. (Or something like that.)

When you log into Steam I'll explain. Curdy and I have already duked it out a few times.

Anyone else who might wanna play just message me on Steam/tell me here.

wickedtribe
02-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Ugh i wish i had my good internetz still so i could own you guys... I played medi 2 online so much... and you can only do co-op campaign on empire total war... it saves to steam so if one of you has to go do something it will save the campain and alow you to resume whenever... its fun if you have a friend who likes to keep doing it... unfortunatly if you team up you can take the entire world in a matter of a few turns... and then you end up going at war with eachother which is fun... but generaly it ends up that one person gets naval power while the other maintains land force...

StarsMine
02-16-2010, 10:33 PM
How much video memory and how much ram do you have? what os?

1 gig ddr2 of video memory, and 6 gigs ddr2 of ram

maynard
02-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Ugh i wish i had my good internetz still so i could own you guys... I played medi 2 online so much... and you can only do co-op campaign on empire total war...

how come I have a quick land or sea battle option, and no campaign option?

is it a mod or something?

ZERO
02-22-2010, 06:48 PM
How did you get DDR2 for video memory. Vid cards do not even use DDR?! Do you have GDDR2? Note that most cards now use GDDR5 and 3. GDDR2 would be very rare and old for a 1gb card...

StarsMine
02-22-2010, 07:59 PM
How did you get DDR2 for video memory. Vid cards do not even use DDR?! Do you have GDDR2? Note that most cards now use GDDR5 and 3. GDDR2 would be very rare and old for a 1gb card...

yea GDDR2.

it really is an odd card, usually they are sold with gddr3 but this has a gig of gddr2. Idk what to say

ZERO
02-22-2010, 08:10 PM
I can say to keep that gddr cool and not to try to oc it much b/c it will be hotter and use more voltage than gddr3. Logically you can oc the core still but I would leave the vidram alone.

StarsMine
02-22-2010, 09:06 PM
I can say to keep that gddr cool and not to try to oc it much b/c it will be hotter and use more voltage than gddr3. Logically you can oc the core still but I would leave the vidram alone.
its overclocked~16% and gets to a max of 62 Celsius on load. 41 at idle
Core oc from 600 to 700 mhz
Memory oc from 400 to 520 mhz
Shaders are overclocked from 1500mhz to 1750mhz

I dont have any problems with it

ZERO
02-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Oh your fine with that, I normally oc memory 30+% although check this OC out that I did for the 280 record(until recently broken by 810(he used voltage mods and mine is without any)):

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=98433&stc=1&d=1257486738

That is default clock is 602 and that is at 806 and the core temp is <50C under max load.

ManBearPig <ibis>
02-25-2010, 07:41 PM
I just saw that there is no cheats for empire total war or for napoleon total war. This will probably stop me from buying the games because i often used cheats to learn the geography of the time period. Without them i don't think i would be as invested in the game.

Curdy
02-25-2010, 07:46 PM
you shldnt have to cheat in the empire series since money isnt a problem in the game imo, but cheating on the older total wars like medi too is hilarious, having massive profesional armies while kicking french arse.

ManBearPig <ibis>
02-25-2010, 08:05 PM
I just bought napoleon total war. Ill check it out when it finishes downloading.

maynard
02-25-2010, 08:19 PM
I just bought napoleon total war. Ill check it out when it finishes downloading.

plz do. interested if it's worth the buy or not.

Curdy
02-25-2010, 08:26 PM
i think it wld be worth it imo

campaign trailer

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6Ngp8Ezl_4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6Ngp8Ezl_4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

multiplayer trailer

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Y8PQsVp9r4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Y8PQsVp9r4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

ManBearPig <ibis>
02-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Seen them. I did my research beforehand. I just hope the develop cheats for this one.

Curdy
02-25-2010, 08:31 PM
lol what cheats wld you need for empire, money isn't really a problem in this version of total war, unlike the previous total wars

maynard
02-25-2010, 08:34 PM
cheats??? really?:confused:

Curdy
02-25-2010, 08:38 PM
yeah for medi 2

hit your tild key then type

add_money 99999

to build stuff straight away in the city

process_cq London (note its case sensitive for settlement names)

maynard
02-25-2010, 08:44 PM
yeah for medi 2

hit your tild key then type

add_money 99999

to build stuff straight away in the city

process_cq London (not its case sensitive for settlement names)

pfff I don't even wana know. cheating at any total war game is retarded lol... honestly, why even play the game. giving yourself money constantly would unbalance the game 2 the point of pointlessness

Curdy
02-25-2010, 08:52 PM
I know that but I already beaten the game the hard way, its just a bit of fun really having a super hardcore army of armoured swordsmen charge an ill equiped army is lol

maynard
02-25-2010, 08:53 PM
I know that but I already beaten the game the hard way, its just a bit of fun really having a super hardcore army of armoured swordsmen charge an ill equiped army is lol

meh.. I see nothing fun in cheating.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-25-2010, 08:55 PM
age of empires and age of mythology had the best cheats.

nothing like killing your enemies with an army of flying purple hippos, who shoot hearts, trail rainbows as they fly and cast heart-shaped-shadows on the ground.

Curdy
02-25-2010, 08:58 PM
nah not as amusing as creating generals in medi 2 i thk i have a recording of commander walter and his peasent armies being obliterated by my longbow army even had a picture of walters avatar as a general portrait :lmao:

ManBearPig <ibis>
02-26-2010, 02:55 AM
I use the toggle_fow cheat which reveals the whole map. This enables me to learn the geography and the names of each country and city name. The whole reason i buy the games is to learn the history of the time period. Rome total war literally gave me an A- in my roman history class... lol

maynard
02-26-2010, 03:43 AM
Rome total war literally gave me an A- in my roman history class... lol

Epic:wtg:

ZERO
02-26-2010, 01:24 PM
I heard there is actually co-op for the empire games? I bet if you did that with someone you could win really fast!

maynard
02-26-2010, 07:54 PM
I heard there is actually co-op for the empire games? I bet if you did that with someone you could win really fast!

it would be hella fun, I wana do it.

ManBearPig <ibis>
03-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Update: Napoleon Total War isnt nearly as good as RTW or MTW2. The battles are cool but i don't like the systems they have implemented for tech and city growth.

maynard
03-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Update: Napoleon Total War isnt nearly as good as RTW or MTW2. The battles are cool but i don't like the systems they have implemented for tech and city growth.

is it the same as empire?

Curdy
03-02-2010, 06:21 PM
most likely with a few changes I guess

ManBearPig <ibis>
03-03-2010, 05:20 PM
I never played empire, but i bet it is. The game would be 10 times better with cheats though. After i beat the campaign i got bored.

maynard
03-04-2010, 01:47 PM
I never played empire, but i bet it is. The game would be 10 times better with cheats though. After i beat the campaign i got bored.

how would it be better with cheats? if you get bored of it regularly, cheating will just further that.... wouldn't it?

if you cheat youll pwwn the map like 10 times faster, with 0 challenge.... so wouldn't that be even more boring?

Curdy
03-04-2010, 02:47 PM
but you never cheated in it so you wouldn't know maynard its epic lolz

maynard
03-04-2010, 03:43 PM
but you never cheated in it so you wouldn't know maynard its epic lolz

that makes 0 sense. cheating in any game takes the challenge out. what I said is just common sense.

I don't have to have cheated in empire 2 know it makes it have 0 challenge.

Curdy
03-04-2010, 04:40 PM
its not like im cheating online now, no need to get all worked up about it, in fact it becomes even more challenging if i do cheat in medi2 since the european states band together to destroy me.

maynard
03-04-2010, 04:42 PM
its not like im cheating online now, no need to get all worked up about it, in fact it becomes even more challenging if i do cheat in medi2 since the european states band together to destroy me.

I'm not worked up... I'm just saying there's no challenge when you cheat... how could it possibly be harder... all you need to do is just keep creating generals, armys... and what not... it's cheating... how the hell is there any form of challenge evne if the entire game bands together... your still cheating and can double your empire with a few key strokes...

Cheatings bad mmmmmmkay:wtg:

Curdy
03-04-2010, 05:08 PM
shouldn't knock it till you try it =P

maynard
03-04-2010, 05:09 PM
shouldn't knock it till you try it =P

fine...:smirk:

Curdy
05-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Bumping this for Napolean total war. has anyone got it?

Because i have and its a much better game than empire. i have not stoped playing it since i got it in hong kong like a week ago.

ZERO
05-02-2010, 11:21 AM
I am still trying to play empire every once and a while when it does not crash. So far I am in 1717 with 25+ territories. I control everything west of savery and westopia. I also have the colonies and the islands except for cuba and dr. I have all trade locations. I have trade with every nation I am not at war with. I also have 4 Universities and am about to take north Africa. Once I secure North America I will take the rich South American mining territories. Estimate 20 years to conquer the entire New World. If I say on target I could conquer earth by 1800.

Curdy
05-02-2010, 01:33 PM
for me France has been utterly crushed by my might British forces, the level of wealth im bringing in from America, South America, Africa and the middle east has funded my major campaign in Europe, after France was crushed i carved europe up into larger states controlled by my protected states that i liberated early on in the campaign (I shall have some srceens soon). By this stage i had hoped for peace. but since this is total war that wont last long.

And so the alliance between Russia, Prussia and Austria and myself that fought against Napoleon is no more.

And now a new conflict has broken out, Against me and my Protected states, and im dragged into another conflict with my old Allies kinda sucks draged into a war to protect Austria as a soverign state. (what sucks the most is i saved those bastards from the Frenchy's, and they declare war on me!)

Prussian resistence is weakening, they have one region left. Russia is proving tricky taken moscow though. (begining to wish i never traded technology now)

sad thing is i only have 8 turns left T_T i doubt i will finish the Russians in time.

I think next time i play im playing it on hard that will be a mighty challenge!