PDA

View Full Version : ban after leaving

Superman
01-05-2010, 11:17 AM
How do you ban someone after they have left the server? Also, how do you get their ip's?

maynard
01-05-2010, 11:53 AM
you should try the admin help forum, not dicussions.

Superman
01-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah, if a forum moderator could change it, thats cool.

Christmas
01-05-2010, 01:29 PM
It is not possible. I believe only ZERO and Jigsaw can actually do that.

Btw, where has Jiggy been?

OMGBEARS
01-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Manually putting in the ban request into console will work for you:

ma_ban <player name, partial player name, steam id or user id> <ban time>

If you don't put in a number (greater than 0) in the variable for ban time it WILL permanently ban them. Big no-no unless you caught them hacking, etc. It will ban by the information you put into the console; i.e. it will be a "ban-by-name" if you put the players name in, "ban-by-steamID" if you put the players steam ID in, etc.

Christmas
01-05-2010, 01:41 PM

If you don't put in a number (greater than 0) in the variable for ban time it WILL permanently ban them. Big no-no unless you caught them hacking, etc. It will ban by the information you put into the console; i.e. it will be a "ban-by-name" if you put the players name in, "ban-by-steamID" if you put the players steam ID in, etc.

That doesn't work unless the player is in the server.

Superman
01-05-2010, 01:41 PM

I tried that after they left and it said it couldn't find that player. So, i guess I will just have to wait till he shows up, I don't have his info anymore.

Rapedollar$
01-05-2010, 01:42 PM
jig is still probably at basic training for jarheads... hes probably moved on to his mos training by now though..

OMGBEARS
01-05-2010, 01:42 PM
That's really odd. It should add the players name/steam id/IP to the ban list.

EDIT --

ma_aban_name <a player name> <ban time>
ma_aban_pname <a partial player name> <ban time>

Those two commands should physically add the player to the ban list. When they log in next time they should be automatically banned. Try that?

Christmas
01-05-2010, 01:43 PM

Like I said, only ZERO and Jigsaw have that power.

The system works based on who is in the server. If it can't find the specific I.D. or name in the server, it doesn't ban anyone.

maynard
01-05-2010, 01:44 PM

only if they online

OMGBEARS
01-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Like I said, only ZERO and Jigsaw have that power.

The system works based on who is in the server. If it can't find the specific I.D. or name in the server, it doesn't ban anyone.

Huh. That's lame! I suppose it does regulate abusers a bit.

EDIT - I do suppose that allowing admins to add a name to the auto-ban list is a dangerous affair as anyone with that name in their name (pimp my ride ftw) will be automatically banned.

Superman
01-05-2010, 02:25 PM
yeah, i figured, I will grab him next time he's on. For those wondering why, past 2 days he's been getting on Jack and flipping loads of weapons in spawn, both days I warned, 2nd day I got a kick off, then he said, welp, I got to leave anyways and did it again before he left dispite the fact that he was kicked for it and dispite my words. So I figure a 24 hour ban will cool his heels a bit. Dont know the whole name, but its something like <????? swifftness>.

inthebutt
01-05-2010, 04:44 PM
christmas is right.

only ZERO and JigSaw can ban someone when there not in any of the IBIS game servers.

once someone leaves there is no banning them unless you make a post in the ban request section with a demo and ZERO or JigSaw approve of it.

and JigSaw is in basic training from what I last heard.

you have to remember admin powers only work while in the servers.

just for the same reason you can't ban someone with out being in the ZM/GG/PUB/WCS server.

and superman you've given this guy plenty of warnings and kicks already. 24 hours may not be enough to teach that players to follow the rules.

maynard
01-05-2010, 07:25 PM
and superman you've given this guy plenty of warnings and kicks already. 24 hours may not be enough to teach that players to follow the rules.

agreed... id 7 day ban his ass... but that's just me.

when you are nice and give someone constant warnings it's time 2 get mad....

make sure you never use the 7 day ban in the admin preset.... it will only ban for 5 minutes. you need 2 type ma_ban 10080 <steam ID>

Superman
01-07-2010, 02:15 PM
agreed... id 7 day ban his ass... but that's just me.

when you are nice and give someone constant warnings it's time 2 get mad....

make sure you never use the 7 day ban in the admin preset.... it will only ban for 5 minutes. you need 2 type ma_ban 10080 <steam ID>

I gave him another warning last time i seen him, he's been good so far, but if any other admin see's him, GET HIM!

Jeimuzu
01-16-2010, 03:52 AM

The actual command is ma_ban <time> <steamid> I believe.
time set to 1 would = one minute.