PDA

View Full Version : !zspawn problem

Christmas
01-17-2010, 01:38 AM
Okay, so I am currently on bumfight, and a specific admin is disconnecting and then reconnecting with full health in order to keep from dying and attempt to turn the humans in the rafters.

This seems like it would qualify as being against the rules as it is virtually the same thing as either using !ztele or disconnecting to avoid getting tagged.

Jeimuzu
01-17-2010, 01:50 AM
This is an exploit that should probably be fixed before a large majority of the people start doing it..

That would make this the second exploit to come from enabling !zspawn. Some like it, but most don't.

Oasis
01-17-2010, 02:35 AM
Yeah, i'll stop.

It wasn't just cause I didn't wanna be killed, it was because every other zombie other than me wasn't trying to get you faggots on the rail.

Since nobody else wanted to fucking do anything, i thought i'd do it myself.

But in all seriousness, !zspawn needs to be taken out.

Steamer
01-17-2010, 02:40 AM
This happened long ago and was the reason it was disabled. It isn't only Oasis, but also many others including myself who do this. There are no rules against it though it is an abuseable feature.

How the hell is it like !ztele'ing (rules) or avoiding getting tagged(rules)?

Oasis
01-17-2010, 02:43 AM
This happened long ago and was the reason it was disabled. It isn't only Oasis, but also many others including myself who do this. There are no rules against it though it is an abuseable feature.

Seriously, this is nothing like !zteleing or moving to spec before getting tagged...

Christmas
01-17-2010, 03:05 AM

It can be used in order to keep from getting killed.

Just like !ztele is use to avoid getting tag.

Same dealio.

Steamer
01-17-2010, 03:53 AM
Except... It's not the same. :yernuts:

Kavinsky
01-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah it needs to be removed, holy dart does it alot and it prevents people from hiding from the zombies succesfully Like I used to do.

that and the round timer needs to be fixed so that it ends at zero and not 10 seconds after.

TheLittlestHobo
01-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah it needs to be removed, holy dart does it alot and it prevents people from hiding from the zombies succesfully Like I used to do.

that and the round timer needs to be fixed so that it ends at zero and not 10 seconds after.

Same dealio happened with me and Oonyx...

Back With A New Suggestion (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2475)

walterbrunswick
01-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Same dealio happened with me and Oonyx...

Back With A New Suggestion (http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2475)

Except you failed to show actual EVIDENCE that he REJOINED to SPECIFICALLY tag you.

Moving on, yes !zspawn needs to go. +1.

Christmas
01-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Except... It's not the same. :yernuts:

It's the same deal. I've already explained the similarities it's just you who doesn't understand it.

OMGBEARS
01-17-2010, 03:39 PM
You know, Oasis, if you weren't an admin and I saw you doing that you would have been banned for a while due to exploiting the server.

That isn't right, man. You can't just do these things.

StarsMine
01-17-2010, 05:59 PM
I personally dont think it should be removed but I do think there needs to be a rule for disconnecting and connecting to !zspawn.

The rounds are long and when I boot up a game, I want to play, and not wait 5 min.

Steamer
01-17-2010, 06:50 PM
No Christmas... You fail to understand that it's NOT the same. Yes, It can be related to those methods, but is not the same.

Either way, It needs to go or there needs to be some rules set in place.

Christmas
01-17-2010, 06:56 PM
No Christmas... You fail to understand that it's NOT the same. Yes, It can be related to those methods, but is not the same.

Either way, It needs to go or there needs to be some rules set in place.

You fail to understand what I mean by "same".

Obviously it is not the exact same. However the motivation for using it and the issue with it are the same. That is the point.

OMGBEARS
01-17-2010, 07:01 PM
I will be freezing or temporarily banning anyone who does this to gain an edge. Of course, this will be within the limitations of the ToS, however, this goes for regulars as well.

Using !zspawn in this way is a clear exploit of a server function in a manner which was not intended.

EDIT -- Until Zero says otherwise, I suggest all other admins follow suit with this.

Steamer
01-17-2010, 07:28 PM
It's not the same if you die before you respawn. Thats the reason it is there and to allow just connected players to join game.

Who the hell are you to make up rules on ZEROS' servers or even suggest other admins follow you on your made up rules. I can understand if its done IF it is being "exploited" as in the person is avoiding death.

When the rank whores bitch out and stop trying this is a great feature for others that at least try and do something.

Also, its not the same. It can be related however. Maybe it would help you if you looked up the definition of same.

Christmas
01-17-2010, 08:11 PM
It's not the same if you die before you respawn. Thats the reason it is there and to allow just connected players to join game.

Who the hell are you to make up rules on ZEROS' servers or even suggest other admins follow you on your made up rules. I can understand if its done IF it is being "exploited" as in the person is avoiding death.

When the rank whores bitch out and stop trying this is a great feature for others that at least try and do something.

Also, its not the same. It can be related however. Maybe it would help you if you looked up the definition of same.

I can tell you didn't watch the demo (in fact I doubt you even understood the OP), because that is the EXACT thing that was happening, and is the EXACT thing I'm talking about.

Avoiding tag.

Avoiding death.

Avoiding blemishes to the rank.

It's all the same.

Also, I'm not telling ZERO what to do. I'm not demanding. I'm saying that what was done in that demo seems to me like abuse of the !zspawn feature and a tactic that prevents the player from being killed, then respawning with full health. This is a discussion forum, and you must be out of your mind if you think that we shouldn't discuss what WE as a community thinks is the best way to enjoy the servers.

Spare me.

inthebutt
01-17-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm kinda glad I no longer play ZM.

OMGBEARS
01-17-2010, 09:17 PM

I am an admin on the server. It's my job to make game play is fair and consistent and to make sure server functions aren't being exploited by players to gain an edge.

Using the !zspawn feature to pop back up to full life is an exploit of the feature and shouldn't be tolerated.

Steamer
01-17-2010, 09:53 PM
I am an admin on the server. It's my job to make game play is fair and consistent and to make sure server functions aren't being exploited by players to gain an edge.

Using the !zspawn feature to pop back up to full life is an exploit of the feature and shouldn't be tolerated.

That doesn't give you any right to make any kind of rules. It's not being "exploited" unless your avoiding death.

It's not the same. :stupid:

At least we can all agree that !zspawn should be removed. :wtg:

loka
01-17-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm kinda glad I no longer play ZM.

I know, right?

OMGBEARS
01-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Let me give you an example, Steamer.

Someone is trying to break a cade. They get shot to hell and only have 50 life left. They disconnect and reconnect then !zspawn. They go back to the cade and try to break it some more. They get shot to hell and run away. They disconnect then reconnect and !zspawn again.

This is exploiting and avoiding death. Do you agree?

inthebutt
01-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Let me give you an example, Steamer.

Someone is trying to break a cade. They get shot to hell and only have 50 life left. They disconnect and reconnect then !zspawn. They go back to the cade and try to break it some more. They get shot to hell and run away. They disconnect then reconnect and !zspawn again.

This is exploiting and avoiding death. Do you agree?

when people were disconnecting to avoid being tagged by the zombie, we would ban them cause they were doing so to keep their rank in ZM.

this falls under that same category, you shouldn't be disconnecting and reconnecting in any way to avoid dying/tagged by zombie.

OMGBEARS
01-17-2010, 10:53 PM
when people were disconnecting to avoid being tagged by the zombie, we would ban them cause they were doing so to keep their rank in ZM.

this falls under that same category, you shouldn't be disconnecting and reconnecting in any way to avoid dying/tagged by zombie.

It's nice to know we agree on something for a change, ITB.

That being said, I'll be severely impede anyone's ability to enjoy the game if they exploit !zspawn in this manner.

Steamer
01-17-2010, 11:01 PM
I don't need an example. Yes that is avoiding death and also breaking rules and exploiting the feature. Dieing then rejoining I don't see as an "exploit".

Do you not see "avoiding death" in my posts? At least read the shit before you comment or give me an "example".

OMGBEARS
01-17-2010, 11:08 PM
That's exploiting the !zspawn feature as well.

Until Zero tells me otherwise I'll likewise be impeding one's ability to enjoy the game if they use !zspawn to play in any way other than the original intention - the ability to hop into the game immediately without waiting for the round to end.

It's exploiting the feature, and under server rules exploiting the server is bad. Zero can read these posts, and until he tells me otherwise I'll be trying to hold the feature to its original intended use.

Steamer
01-17-2010, 11:26 PM
No it isn't, it's what its there for. That was also it's intended use when c0ldfire added the feature long ago.

Christmas
01-17-2010, 11:28 PM
I don't need an example. Yes that is avoiding death and also breaking rules and exploiting the feature. Dieing then rejoining I don't see as an "exploit".

Do you not see "avoiding death" in my posts? At least read the shit before you comment or give me an "example".

Since you refuse to understand why I posted this in the first place:

My entire premise is based on the fact that the !zspawn feature was abused so that a zombie could reconnect without being killed with full health you moron.

Steamer
01-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Never said I didn't understand why you posted this in the first place.

More whine and spam please. :wtg:

Christmas
01-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Never said I didn't understand why you posted this in the first place.

More whine and spam please. :wtg:

Then you were making stupid comments for no reason then?

Got it.

You even admit to using the !zspawn command to get out of getting killed as a zombie? I mean since you knew what the OP was.

Steamer
01-18-2010, 01:35 AM
Not the getting killed part, but using the zspawn part. :wtg:

Jeimuzu
01-18-2010, 01:54 AM
You guys have a bad habit of arguing, don't you?

Don't reconnect only to spawn again to avoid dying. Use ztele or something and hide, instead of reconnecting. Because that can also be mistaken for ghosting.

Zero will post if he thinks otherwise, until then.. *Closed*