PDA

View Full Version : getting tagged on purpose

tj26
01-17-2010, 05:28 PM
last night i was in zombie mod and a certain admin was getting tagged on purpose on rooftop run away and than proceeded to jump to the end every round before any humans got there and tagged them, is there any rule against this because in my mind i consider it an exploit, i understand that the map has that glitch but getting tagged just to ruin the map for everyone else it bullshit. (i know he was getting tagged because he would just wait in spawn, i have a demo but it wont let me upload)

so any ways i guess opinions on this?

XxMastagunzxX
01-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Was it oasis?

Christmas
01-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Was it oasis?

Yup. I don't even know how he was able to do it.

chase
01-17-2010, 06:46 PM
hah, i know how he does it. i do it all the time as first zombie. or ill get tagged and hit the button at the end and scare the shit out of humans..

I dont tag them unless they dont get the hint that im friendly or if all other zombies fail hard.

Oasis
01-17-2010, 08:08 PM
It was me, and i usually don't tag people either. But some dick would always shoot me at the end.

tj26
01-17-2010, 10:29 PM
the point is oasis u were asked many times to stop ruining the map and u proceeded to do so neglecting the whole server

Oasis
01-17-2010, 11:36 PM
the point is oasis u were asked many times to stop ruining the map and u proceeded to do so neglecting the whole server

I don't have to listen to you whiny fucks. I wasn't exploiting a glitch or hacking, so I can do whatever the fuck I want.

Christmas
01-17-2010, 11:54 PM
I don't have to listen to you whiny fucks. I wasn't exploiting a glitch or hacking, so I can do whatever the fuck I want.

Same could be said of cade-breaking.

tj26
01-17-2010, 11:57 PM
V. Glitching

1) Taking advantage of the shortcomings of a map
A) Using methods not intended by the map creator to gain an advantage where it is 99%+ impossible for zombies to get you
B) Camping in areas that you can only get to by exploiting a map or using special zombie powers to get to the end of an escape map
a) Prenuking or camping on the platform on atix

not sure about everyone else but jumping to the end to hit the button seems like prenuking..... and its not so much that even its just waiting to get tagged instead of actually trying to survive which is the purpose of zombie mod

Clone
01-18-2010, 12:06 AM

not sure if that is a good thing to say.... Probably not...

Clone

Jeimuzu
01-18-2010, 02:00 AM
I can do whatever the fuck I want.

No.

It was me, and i usually don't tag people either. But some dick would always shoot me at the end.

Don't get tagged on purpose. I have it happen to me all the time and it is really is annoying.

not sure about everyone else but jumping to the end to hit the button seems like prenuking..... and its not so much that even its just waiting to get tagged instead of actually trying to survive which is the purpose of zombie mod

Actually, there is no button. You just walk up and it sets the nuke off. Why are we talking about ATIX?..

Mallissin
01-18-2010, 05:28 AM
I think you guys missed the mark on the compliant. There's nothing wrong with someone staying in spawn to get tagged if they want to be a zombie, but to do so in order to exploit a glitch in the map is something entirely different.

In that respect it does have some similarity to the ATIX Helicopter issue, where the player will choose a specific zombie class to glitch their way ahead of the humans (and set off the nuke). On ATIX it's a poison, while on rooftop it's a predator.

So, Oasis is right that no one should get on his case for getting tagged on purpose in spawn, but if he's only doing it to get over an invisible wall for an unintended shortcut than he's clearing breaking V.1.B.

OMGBEARS
01-18-2010, 05:57 AM
Humans are able to surf to the end as well, and I'm assuming that's what he's doing in order to get to the end faster than intended. Anyone who can run as fast as a human (i.e. not deformeds and poisons) can easily surf to get an advantage.

Unless he's doing it another way. Then it would depend entirely on the other way.

tj26
01-18-2010, 06:37 AM
No.

Actually, there is no button. You just walk up and it sets the nuke off. Why are we talking about ATIX?..

James i was looking more at the prenuke factor maybe im just reading that rule wrong but prenuking is still not allowed if any non admin did it they would be banned

anex
01-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Hey tard, instead of complaining, why didn't you own his ass back? No rules are being broken and guess what, you can do the exact same thing... BEFORE HE DOES as a human! If he was really pissing you off that bad about it then how about you you fly around the invisible wall then wait and shoot his ass down when he tries to fly over.

He's not doing anything wrong, not breaking rules and this absolutely has no "pre-nuke" angle to it. So please next time you see anyone dong this shit, pone him or ask an admin to turn parachutes off!

tj26
01-18-2010, 09:35 AM
annex i really didnt have a problem with u but im starting to now if u knew what u were talking about u would know the parachutes are turned off on that map so before u start being a dick u should check things out. he would get tagged right away and jump there before any human got there and start the countdown which is prenuking and ruins the map

anex
01-18-2010, 10:24 AM
He would get tagged right away and jump there before any human got there and start the countdown which is prenuking and ruins the map

Parachutes are off? Then why the hell are you letting him beat you guys to the end? Problem solving. Use it! He beats you to the end because you fail at the map. Thats not his problem. His goal is to stop you. I would say he did a pretty good job.

Its not prenuking when it takes two min before the final doors open and you have more than enough time to go through all the obstacles. I have seen instances where zombies have beaten the humans up there and they were able to kill the zombie and win the round. Why can't you?

XxMastagunzxX
01-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Anex oasis is using a secret to teleport to the end.

anex
01-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Then its part of the map and legit.

Jeimuzu
01-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Sorry, I misunderstood. (It was late..)

tj26
01-18-2010, 12:21 PM
if its legit than your saying prenuking on other maps by poison's jumping up to the place is legit in your reasoning

anex
01-18-2010, 01:26 PM
if its legit than your saying prenuking on other maps by poison's jumping up to the place is legit in your reasoning

Only if its legit. Is poisons jumping to nuke on atix legit? No because it was not intentional on the side of the map maker(s). Also let me make this clear to you. You cannot prenuke on Rooftop. It is impossible.

Really dude you need to quit crying about how you got owned on rooftop. :lmao:

tj26
01-18-2010, 03:33 PM
so starting the countdown before any humans can get there is not prenuking?

Also i dont believe it was intentional of the map maker looks more like crappy walls

And third i dont care if i die on zm its just a map that humans should be able to defend but if zombies get there first its not even possible

loka
01-18-2010, 04:05 PM
This map was not designed to play with the bullshit that is in the IBIS ZM server. This includes fasts, poisons, parachutes etc. Parachutes are disabled in this map so mentioning it is useless. However, a fast zombie can strafe through the glitch that was not intended for ANYONE to get through. So really if your going to exploit this map the way certain people have been doing it then either; A. Remove it or B. Do exactly what the people who whine about fasts on escape maps and ban the fast on this map.

The creator of his maps has stated half his maps are not designed for the type of ZM IBIS has. It was designed for classic ZM

Oasis
01-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Thug Aim.

anex
01-18-2010, 05:54 PM
FFUUCCKK I lost!

acolyte_to_jippity
05-02-2010, 02:42 PM
scribble[nuke];64158']looks to me as if tj was just suggesting a change and not bashing oasis. way to look ignorant, oasis.

necro much?

SCRIBBLE
05-02-2010, 02:50 PM
necro much?

i'd like to ask you the same question ;)

haha not sure how this got in the new threads list, that's the only reason i had my original reply. thanks jip for bringing to my attention the age of this thread.