PDA

View Full Version : Locations on ZM that should be made illegal to cade

Mallissin
01-20-2010, 02:14 AM
I was told by Walter and Dart tonight that the wheel-barrel spot on roy_highway is now "common knowledge" to be off-limits, yet I can't find any place on the forums discussing this.

I don't understand why it would be off-limits, since zombies can move the objects inside out of the way through the walls, unlike red room on highschool. The spot itself can only handle 2-3 people at most and I've seen it broken quite a lot in the almost two years it's been on the server.

Can we get a consensus?

inthebutt
01-20-2010, 02:29 AM
I was told by Walter and Dart tonight that the wheel-barrel spot on roy_highway is now "common knowledge" to be off-limits, yet I can't find any place on the forums discussing this.

I don't understand why it would be off-limits, since zombies can move the objects inside out of the way through the walls, unlike red room on highschool. The spot itself can only handle 2-3 people at most and I've seen it broken quite a lot in the almost two years it's been on the server.

Can we get a consensus?

admins need to stop making up "off limit" spots on ZM maps.

if you guys can't behave I will come back into ZM and straighten all of you out.

walterbrunswick
01-20-2010, 02:31 AM
Mallissin, I believe you misunderstood.

It is not off-limits entirely; however, it's been accepted (to the best of my knowledge) by most of the regulars and admins alike who frequent Zombie Mod on a daily basis, that cading it is illegal.

Cading any spot with only 1 entrance which is impossible to break into is prohibited, just like the red room on Texas Highschool and the shelf room on snoopie.

Hope this clears up some misunderstandings.

loka
01-20-2010, 02:33 AM

if you guys can't behave I will come back into ZM and straighten all of you out.

This.

anex
01-20-2010, 02:50 AM
It is not off-limits entirely; however, it's been accepted (to the best of my knowledge) by most of the regulars and admins alike who frequent Zombie Mod on a daily basis, that cading it is illegal.

Cading any spot with only 1 entrance which is impossible to break into is prohibited, just like the red room on Texas Highschool and the shelf room on snoopie.

I have never deemed that spot illegal. The only spot that I deem illegal is red room. Thats it. The wheel barrel spot is not like the red room cade where the wheel barrel requires that you shoot something into it. The red room you just shoot down a bookcase and boom your golden.

Cading spots with 1 entrance being prohibited is retarded. If you are able to make that cade then you deserve to be in it.

Vladninja
01-20-2010, 03:05 AM

You guys really need to listen to ITB... this shit needs to stop.

Walter what if the regulars and admins got together and accepted that you shouldn't play ZM
(I mean if it was a landslide vote by most of the regulars and admins alike who frequent Zombie Mod on a daily basis)...
does this give them the right to ban you on site?

NO... Of course it wouldn't cause it would be a made up rule.

Only one place is an officially punishable spot and that's the red room on highschool.

Mallissin
01-20-2010, 04:59 AM
Some guy named "Macho Madness" was in there several rounds, Walter threw him to spec the first time and then Dart kicked him after she said he called her a "peice of shit" when he was on spec (but I don't think anyone else saw it). Here's his stat's page.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/zm_stats/player.php?id=59012

Anyway, he came back and got into an argument. Another guy went into the spot (Mike), Walter froze him and he went ballistic (but wasn't kicked or banned). Macho's argument quickly slipped into insults and was banned by Dart.

Then the admins got into a "I banned so'n'so for xxxxxx minutes" competition when I asked how long the guy was banned (but I never got an answer).

Anyway, if the original offense (the barricade) wasn't real, maybe the guy should be unbanned?

XxMastagunzxX
01-20-2010, 07:56 AM
While that spot IS NOT illegal I have had trouble with macho madness before. Maybe he should wait his ban out.

Abandoned
01-20-2010, 07:57 AM

Hope this clears up some misunderstandings.

I am with you on this, as far as I know most of the people who play on there "know" it is a really tough if not impossible spot, for the simple fact that once the wheelbarrow is in there it cannot be taken out by zombies. If we want to just forget the whole thing and have a perma fix, I can always just go in edit the map and fix it so that there is no wheelbaroow to begin with!!

Mallissin
01-20-2010, 08:30 AM
If you're going to go through the effort of modifying a map, why don't you fix the object physics issue as well so we can barricade other spots. Without the correct physics settings, zombies can jump through most objects.

It's what we call a glitch map, where barricades are worthless.

Once you figure it out, there are a few others waiting in line.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-20-2010, 10:28 AM
howabout the little house right next to the wheelbarrow spot? that place only has one entrance, and i've been in there with people and we made fucking amazing cades w/ the couches/bed/chairs and stuff.

is that illiegal now too?

you admins really do need to stop making up rules "for the good of the players"

if the players want it, they can join the forums and make a fucking topic

Jeimuzu
01-20-2010, 10:34 AM

I can break into that spot easily. And I know of a few other regulars who can too.

All you need to do is get one or two zombies, stand on their head, and push E on the barrel through the wall. It'll push it in, and then a zombie can walk in and jump over it (or if they shoot the barrel into the zombie it's even easier because the zombie can just glitch through it once inside) and tag the guy(s) in there.

You guys really need to listen to ITB... this shit needs to stop.

Agreed.

Christmas
01-20-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm going to fucking kill whoever forced me out of there a week ago.

I was knifing a jumper for five minutes when I was in there, too.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-20-2010, 11:44 AM
hehehe, knife kills vs. zombies are fun

Jeimuzu
01-20-2010, 01:28 PM
hehehe, knife kills vs. zombies are fun

And oh so satisfying..

Rezel
01-20-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm getting really tired of all the admins coming up with new rules that aren't even on the list, We need to figure out what spots are banned, what spots aren't, and quit bitching about things that aren't even against the rules.

If we do make a list of banned spots , dear god please post the name of the location along with a picture accordingly so there is no more confusion and ridiculous kicks/bans and warns.

anex
01-20-2010, 03:57 PM
And oh so satisfying..

I think James just came...

Andrew_Pavlik
01-20-2010, 04:47 PM
One spot I haven't seen talked about yet is cading the opening to the secret spot on the map lvl? And the other day I was told that the fishtank was illegal on ranch(not by admins, by everyone who saw me trying to go in)

THE HOLY SH**T!
01-20-2010, 04:49 PM
I got about... 5-10 spots in mind.

I was about to post this thread myself, but you beat me to it.

I will have these spots down by saturday.

OMGBEARS
01-20-2010, 04:50 PM
All Walter and Shit were doing was trying to make sure that the players on the server were having a good time. There's no fault there. But the penis measuring in this thread is pretty classic.

As far as the spot goes, I've removed people from the spot, I'll admit it. Then again, there are no zmod specific rules in the server rules. The only two that are mentioned in the main list are proper use of commands. Any server specific rules are understandings and "phantom" rules that have existed and will continue to exist because admins have to make their own calls to ensure the player experience remains balanced.

Perhaps we should develop a comprehensive server rule list for each individual server? That way we can cover all our bases since there are server-specific rules that aren't listed in the main list.

What say you people?

Kavinsky
01-20-2010, 05:25 PM
This shit really needs to stop, were low on hold out spots to begin with.

If you cant get at him stop and either wait for the players who know how to get at them, get them or just wait for them to get bored and come out on there own accord.

no need to make up rules against spots like that just because walter cant get them.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-20-2010, 05:26 PM
i personally think that that spot should not be illiegal.

Kavinsky
01-20-2010, 05:26 PM
yes and any walter wants are automatically ignored.

walterbrunswick
01-20-2010, 05:59 PM
I agree.

I will not longer consider it off-limits even with the wheelbarrow.

The way James described it, seems pretty do-able.

Bumpkin
01-20-2010, 06:16 PM
I say, if it's not an official rule, stated by ZERO, then the spot is okay.

Whether or not it's socially accepted, doesn't make a difference.

Like for instance, we were playing this odd map on ZM the other day (can't remember the name), but people were cading in the bathrooms.

Regs started asking me to kick and ban him for cading in an illegal spot.

the only spot I know that is illegal is the redroom in highschool.

I refused to punish him and ignored the requests, arguing that if ZERO has not deemed it to be illegal, then it is legal.

The people who want it banned need to come here and ask for it to be banned.

I agree totally with Mallissin on this one.

Walter, stop enforcing rules that don't exist.

Steamer
01-20-2010, 07:27 PM
So now I can cade the almost impossible crawl space's on maps while using a para and not get bitched at? Na... that'd be no fun at all...

Rezel
01-20-2010, 08:21 PM
I think there should be a written set of rules stating some of these places are illegal, to just randomly imagine these rules, and start enforcing them is quite absurd. If It does not say its a rule on the forum... Then don't enforce it.....

p.s: It takes Some common sense to play zombie mod, little more to be an admin.

p.s.s: I think we need to put a rule that says don't talk unless your balls have made a notion towards the floor, or you have a happy trail.

p.s.s.s: The P.s.s is a joke, but you get the idea.

Steamer
01-20-2010, 08:38 PM
+1 for the balls/happy trail.

So were does that leave women....

acolyte_to_jippity
01-20-2010, 08:51 PM
yeah. people can bitch all they want. if it aint a rule, they can shut the fuck up or get out

walterbrunswick
01-20-2010, 09:03 PM
When I get some time to think about non-computer-related shit and non-English-course-related shit I'll draft up a set of rules as per illegal cading spots and see if I can have my bill passed as law.

Until then, happy hunting!

Jeimuzu
01-20-2010, 09:13 PM
When I get some time to think about non-computer-related shit and non-English-course-related shit I'll draft up a set of rules as per illegal cading spots and see if I can have my bill passed as law.

Until then, happy hunting!

..That's my saying.

Some spots I'll agree with you, they aren't really all that fair, but remember that time on the office map, you stated that the large vending machine room was impossible to get into?

I said it was easy, and you said come prove it. About 5 seconds later they were dead lol..

TheLittlestHobo
01-20-2010, 09:13 PM
yes and any walter wants are automatically ignored.

That made me laugh pretty damn hard.

As for the spots...let's get started.

Cading maps:
---------------
highschoolbeta - Red Room caded WITH the bookcase facing flat down.
snoopie - the little shack at spawn WITH the fucking massive shelf to cade the entrance.
csk_4corners - the first floor of the blue building WITH vending machines caded behind the entrance door.

Escape maps:
---------------
ATIX_Helicopter - Nuke area and that ENTIRE area that is accessible ONLY BY helicopter --> NO ZOMBIES SHOULD BE UP THERE AT ALL UNLESS VIA HELICOPTER. (My punishments often is freeze + warn --> freeze + warn + ban)

Lessen fast zombies hp by a reasonable amount on ALL escape maps

that is all.

inthebutt
01-20-2010, 09:15 PM
look the only spot set in the rules is the red room on tx-highschool.

but the only other two spots I ever banned people for using was the glitched elevators on fidelers_green and scrapyard.

other than that I've let people us what ever they wanted to cade.

Bumpkin
01-20-2010, 09:17 PM
..That's my saying.

Some spots I'll agree with you, they aren't really all that fair, but remember that time on the office map, you stated that the large vending machine room was impossible to get into?

I said it was easy, and you said come prove it. About 5 seconds later they were dead lol..

James knows everything there is to know about ZM, he should write up the rules, share them with us, and then edit from there.

@Steamer: I hate you. xD

Steamer
01-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Sounds like a great idea Walter and James. Woohoo debates! I just hope things don't get out of hand and good things could come out of the ideas.

Christmas
01-20-2010, 09:51 PM
look the only spot set in the rules is the red room on tx-highschool.

but the only other two spots I ever banned people for using was the glitched elevators on fidelers_green and scrapyard.

other than that I've let people us what ever they wanted to cade.

I believe you can glitch the bathrooms in a couple maps to where it is impossible for the zombies to get in.

Steamer
01-20-2010, 09:56 PM
I believe you can glitch the bathrooms in a couple maps to where it is impossible for the zombies to get in.

True Story!

Jeimuzu
01-20-2010, 10:25 PM
It's a glitch, so it's automatically against the rules. It doesn't need to be counted.

Jeimuzu
01-20-2010, 10:28 PM
When the next version of ZM comes out, whenever that may be, Zero will be able to replace the fast zombies on escape maps, or disable them I think.

Also, I agree with hobo.

Kavinsky
01-20-2010, 11:35 PM
guys how about we knock this shit off till the zmod overhaul is done and sorted?

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?p=50387#post50387

and walter:
7WHptG35EWU

Kavinsky
01-20-2010, 11:40 PM
James unless the bones class is a gift from god, theres no way thats going to change any of the zmods problems.

Lets get down to brass tacks, We really need someone to figure out a way to rig up noblock for the humans on escapes but not the zombies, there has to be a way.

walterbrunswick
01-20-2010, 11:47 PM
guys how about we knock this shit off till the zmod overhaul is done and sorted?

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?p=50387#post50387

and walter:
7WHptG35EWU

Lawl.

Good sir, I do not cry.

I fucking OWN!

inthebutt
01-21-2010, 01:45 PM
look if you guys really want to get ZERO's attention on this, you need to come up with a civil list and images of spots that you guys want to made off limits and handle this in a grown up way.

and all you guys need to do is make ONE list!!!! on this thread. don't go posting multiple threads and multiple lists. just one is good enough other wise its gonna get lost in all the spam and flaming.

I"m gonna edit the title to "Locations on ZM that should be made illegal to cade" and sticky this.

TheLittlestHobo
01-21-2010, 04:50 PM
I say leave noblock turned OFF. It's funny to see people get stuck and block for the rest of us.

Possible fails of 2010 video!

AI_Scout
01-21-2010, 05:56 PM
ITB made a good point. Will someone compiled the list together and perhaps update it under the 1st post?

In addition to the TheLittlestHobo's list, a few of you already alluded to the "zm_ruined_town" map, but I’ll add it below:

Cading maps:
---------------
zm_ruined_town – Bathroom stall where humans can stand behind the door thus blocking the entrance. I believe there is an update to this map which have been updated 3 years ago: http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/15395
zm_ghs_abdandon_mall - The entrance to the secret disposal room WITH the vending machine blocking the crouch spot entrance.
zm_wintercomplex - Cading in the vent WITH a vending machine. It is impossible to pull out even as a defrom since, at the end of the vent, there is a 90 degree angle.
zm_lila_panic_v2 - Cading in the room downstair (underneath the room with the 2 tubes) that has the bookshelf, vending machines and couch WITH the money crate protecting the bookshelf from tipping over.

Edit: Added more maps

Steamer
01-21-2010, 06:36 PM
When the next version of ZM comes out, whenever that may be, Zero will be able to replace the fast zombies on escape maps, or disable them I think.

Also, I agree with hobo.

He can do that now. :smirk:

inthebutt
01-22-2010, 06:25 PM
if nobody is gonna start listing spots, than I'm gonna close this thread.

either you guys start getting more involved in improving this community or stop complaining and waiting for ZERO to fix everything.

he's not gonna know what to fix if you guys don't tell him what needs to be fixed.

if no one is gonna post than were gonna just to by what the rules state, red room is the only spot that can't be caded and no glitching.

Andrew_Pavlik
01-22-2010, 08:06 PM
I would do it but I was hoping someone with some more pull or admin type person would do it.

inthebutt
01-22-2010, 08:35 PM
I would do it but I was hoping someone with some more pull or admin type person would do it.

just put up places where you think shouldn't be allowed to cade andrew, no need for just an admin to do it.

anyone can

Christmas
01-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Can we list objects as well?

Money crate is impossible to move by a zombie when it is caded up. Sometimes you get lucky and the guy cading it gets too close or nades the crate out of the way, but otherwise it is unbreakable.

AI_Scout
01-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Can we list objects as well?

Money crate is impossible to move by a zombie when it is caded up. Sometimes you get lucky and the guy cading it gets too close or nades the crate out of the way, but otherwise it is unbreakable.

Good point. I'll add a few more maps to the list that have money pallets.

Christmas
01-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Good point. I'll add a few more maps to the list that have money pallets.

I would also like to amend that the money crate should be allowed at the stage on tx_highschool_beta because there is an opening in there that can't be barricaded (at least very easily).

AI_Scout
01-22-2010, 09:33 PM
I would also like to amend that the money crate should be allowed at the stage on tx_highschool_beta because there is an opening in there that can't be barricaded (at least very easily).

I added zm_lila_panic_v2. There are a few more maps (when cading with the money crate or blocking an entrance making it impossible to break into) but I can't remember the name of the maps at this time.

walterbrunswick
01-22-2010, 09:49 PM
IBIS Zombie Mod - Illegal Cade Spots

Revision 1.4, Jan 22/10

zm_csk_4corners_b2 - Cannot cade the entrance to the blue building
zm_ghs_abdandon_mall - Cannot cade secret entrance with vending machines
zm_lab_panic_b_4 - Cannot cade crouched spot with vending machines
zm_lila_panic_redemption_beta - No vending machines in the vents
zm_lila_panic_v2 - Cannot use the money crate to cade
zm_ruined_town - Cannot hide in bathroom stall
zm_snoopie_711_final_fixed1 - No vending machines in the tunnels
zm_tx_highschoolbeta7 - Cannot cade the red room
zm_wintercomplex - Cannot cade vents with vending machines

General rules:
Glitched spots are illegal.
Cannot cade with the money crate, EXCEPT where there is more than one entrance, e.g. stage in zm_tx_highschoolbeta7, in which case one entrance has to be breakable.

This is my draft.
If you have any other ideas, please let me know or post/edit in this forum; I will add the spots/map to the list and increment the revision number.

Hopefully we can get this bill passed.

Thank you.

loka
01-22-2010, 10:04 PM
To my knowledge...these spots are illegal to barricade on:

zm_lila_panic_v2 - money crate room
tx_highschool - red room
zm_ruinedtown - glitching the doors in the bathroom stalls
fiddlersgreen - glitching the elevator door

There will always be a spot that people will get pissed about. Problem is you can get in with team work or multiple entrances. The following are the only ones I know of. The money crate argument is a lie. In tx_highschool in the stage room, I've seen people barricade with the money crates to the entrance but leave the vent open. I've also seen zombies lure humans glitching the money crate from the vent entrance under the stage.... so you can get in with team work.

someone had the nerve to mention the teleport entrance in fourcorners to the office upstairs is illegal because zombies can easily get stuck in vending machines and couches. NOT TRUE. A zombie can easily press E more than once and fuck up that cade tagging you. If it's difficult for you to break out... let someone else do it. Mentioning spots that others can easily break is more of a personal preference as to either you suck at breaking cades or just want to give people a hard time. Do not ruin the already limited spots in ZM.

Christmas
01-22-2010, 10:10 PM
To my knowledge...these spots are illegal to barricade on:

zm_lila_panic_v2 - money crate room
tx_highschool - red room
zm_ruinedtown - glitching the doors in the bathroom stalls
fiddlersgreen - glitching the elevator door

There will always be a spot that people will get pissed about. Problem is you can get in with team work or multiple entrances. The following are the only ones I know of. The money crate argument is a lie. In tx_highschool in the stage room, I've seen people barricade with the money crates to the entrance but leave the vent open. I've also seen zombies lure humans glitching the money crate from the vent entrance under the stage.... so you can get in with team work.

If you looked I mentioned that as an exception.

The reason the money crate room in panic is illegal is because it is impossible to move from the opposite side. This is what I'm talking about.

AI_Scout
01-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Basically money crate should be prohibited when it is inside a room and using to block the doorway entrance since it is impossible for zombies to move.

It's funny, I have heard people in-game complained about blocking the teleport entrance in fourcorners to the office upstairs. Not many people realize a poison or predxp can easily jump in from underneath.

walterbrunswick
01-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Basically money crate should be prohibited when it is inside a room and using to block the doorway entrance since it is impossible for zombies to move.

It's funny, I have heard people in-game complained about blocking the teleport entrance in fourcorners to the office upstairs. Not many people realize a poison or predxp can easily jump in from underneath.

I'm a Pred XP by trade, and let me correct you on that point.

However, a jumper could get in quite easily.

Andrew_Pavlik
01-22-2010, 11:55 PM

Not saying it should be banned but we have been playing 4corners a lot this week and I am up in that office probably every other round or so and I haven't seen one zombie even dent the thing. Even when multiple zombies get stuck. If the jumper zombies are capable of jumping up through that square then in no way should it be banned, if they can't... perhaps something to look into but so many people go there...

loka
01-23-2010, 12:40 AM

Actually money crate is a 50/50 depending on the physics of the map. The lila one is a def no

EXACTLY! Mikey and I caded that place and some other guy with us decided to be a dick and shoot the bottom out which allowed a poison to jump and tag us.

I personally think these spots being mentioned should be tested out before deeming them uncaddable, even ones that are already obvious.

OMGBEARS
01-23-2010, 01:45 PM

Revision 1.4, Jan 22/10

General rules:
Cannot cade with the money crate, EXCEPT where there is more than one entrance, e.g. stage in zm_tx_highschoolbeta7, in which case one entrance has to be breakable.

---------

Admins could start putting these maps up to test them. As far as testing these spots I'll color-code them based on what players find. Does...

Tested - Illegal
Tested - Legal

Sound good? Also -- any illegal spots should have a screenshot of said spot. Should it be caded in the manner of it being illegal? Or should it be caded in one of the legal methods? Or should it just be the uncaded spot?

Another map with a money crate is wtfhax -- I've found that if it's placed behind the bookshelf when the bookshelf is against the door it almost makes the cade unbreakable (it's never been broken unless I have someone in there who stands too close to the bookshelf).

Kavinsky
01-24-2010, 04:11 PM
we dont even go to the zm panic maps anymore because of the lighting problem. Why list it here the makers probably never going to add lights to it?

OMGBEARS
01-24-2010, 08:27 PM
We can mod it to fix the lights if it is a popular map. Lila panic is a pretty common map to play through even with the light problem. As long as the maps are in the rotation they should be included here.

Abandoned
01-24-2010, 11:48 PM
If you're going to go through the effort of modifying a map, why don't you fix the object physics issue as well so we can barricade other spots. Without the correct physics settings, zombies can jump through most objects.

It's what we call a glitch map, where barricades are worthless.

Once you figure it out, there are a few others waiting in line.

dude it's me!! lol yeah I can fix the physics no problem!! Just let me know what map(s) you want fixed!!! I can do anything and EVERYTHING to ANY map you want!! :smirk:

We can mod it to fix the lights if it is a popular map. Lila panic is a pretty common map to play through even with the light problem. As long as the maps are in the rotation they should be included here.

I can fix the lighting in there as well no problem!

THE HOLY SH**T!
01-25-2010, 12:14 AM
- Cannot cade room next to spawn with the big shelf.
- Cannot cade under the stage.
zm_fidlersgreen - no glitching elevator.
zm_scrapyard v3 - no glitching elevator
Any sort of wall glitching. Glitching is fine, but cannot shoot at zombies.
Maps...
420beachstrike
fidlersgreen( dont ask not going to tell )
zm_ruintown v3
zm_royhighway
zm_islandefense 2
zm_snoopie711final
zm_atix_helecopter ( dont ask not going to tell )
zm_royoldindustrial
zm_littlecityv5
zm_idmfreefallv2

Constroversial spots -
zm_mall_beta whatever - Room with the soda machine next to the train station.
zm_applebworld - Room with the zig zag entrance, that has the bookcase in it.
zm_desertfortress - cadeing the tube in the building with a soda machine.
- Room that you have to open the secret door to go into the weapons room.
zm_oldroyindustrail whatever... - cadeing the red crate with all those carts and shelves.
zm_roybaracade factory whatever... - cadeing under the pipes in the room with the green locker.
zm_420beachstrike - the 2 blue rooms next to spawn.
- The room in the basement with the couch, soda machine, and window.

I will have a few more by the end of the week, i know there's still a few hiding from us. :icon_mrgreen:

Crim
01-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Lets just call it good and say we cant cade on ZM anymore. everyone just get para's and stand in a big circle in the middle of the map. ^_^

echo501st
01-25-2010, 01:07 AM
no we aren't stoping cadeing, just trying to make it more fair.
If you are hiding in a spot that i think is either glitched or unbreakable i will ask you to either ztele or break it. if you do not comply then i freeze the people in question. If they leave to escape punishment i refreeze them at the beginning of the next round. Or i just move them to spec.

Kavinsky
01-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Constroversial spots -
zm_mall_beta whatever - Room with the soda machine next to the train station.
zm_applebworld - Room with the zig zag entrance, that has the bookcase in it.
zm_desertfortress - cadeing the tube in the building with a soda machine.
- Room that you have to open the secret door to go into the weapons room.
zm_oldroyindustrail whatever... - cadeing the red crate with all those carts and shelves.
zm_roybaracade factory whatever... - cadeing under the pipes in the room with the green locker.
zm_420beachstrike - the 2 blue rooms next to spawn.
- The room in the basement with the couch, soda machine, and window.

holy did you suggest these? theres nothing wrong with any of those.

and echo don't you think your overstating you authorty? save for the red room in high school.

I mean as I already stated were running low on cading spots to begin with

most maps have only three spots that can hold out, seldome any more that that and sometimes even less than that.

then we have to divide that over 34 plus people, 10 - 15 of which know what there doing

roy highway:
1. wheelbarrel crawlspace
2. the rocks by the billboard
3. the powerline pole

zm westwood:
1. the general store
2 and 3 two rooms by spawn
4. the bathroom if you glitch the door which isnt allowed anymore

zm_tx_highschoolbeta7
1. go under the stage
2. one of the rooms by the front of the school if you can get the bookcase in without someone shooting it over in 30 seconds
3. the gunroom if you actually managed to get the vending machine in there in 30 seconds

zm_bumfight_v2
1. camping the raptors

zm_vc2_scrapyard
1. camping under the cars by spawn
2. camping under the van by blocking the zombies with an engine block
3 filling the underground entrance with vending machines, only works
if you have alot of time on your hands
4. the tubes
5. the two red crates

zm_natalyas_ship_v3
1. the electrified water room by spawn
2. the room filled with 2 desks and 2 shelves and its sister right next to it
which people seldome use
3. the hold of the small ship perpandicular to the main one

and if you think the spots impossible just leave them alone for two minutes and they'll break there own cade and go zombie hunting, just sit and wait like a hunter.

Christmas
01-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Camping the rafters is fine, Kavinsky. There are normally 3-5 jumpers on that map anyways so if you are all alone it is very hard to defend by yourself.

Also if you are talking about the outdoor bathroom on Westwood (right near the spawn) there is no way you can glitch that door. It is a free-swinging door.

Kavinsky
01-25-2010, 12:03 PM
I have nothing against the raftors Im just poining out that seems to be the only spot that really holds out on bumbfight

Well that explains why no one uses it on westwood anymore, I just remeber curdy using it a few times.

Christmas
01-25-2010, 12:09 PM
I have nothing against the raftors Im just poining out that seems to be the only spot that really holds out on bumbfight

Well that explains why no one uses it on westwood anymore, I just remeber curdy using it a few times.

I use it a lot because I find it to be a challenging and rewarding spot (unlike the majority of players on ZM which is why I don't play much). If there are two people in there you can rack up kills pretty easily if you work together. If not, then you are pretty much fucked.

Bumpkin
01-25-2010, 03:51 PM
I use it a lot because I find it to be a challenging and rewarding spot (unlike the majority of players on ZM which is why I don't play much). If there are two people in there you can rack up kills pretty easily if you work together. If not, then you are pretty much fucked.

Go in there with me next time we play together.

When I get tagged, I'mma play with the bucket.

Jeimuzu
01-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Barricades depend mostly on the people inside of them, not the barricades themselves. Some spots are cheap, but if you have a good player in there, it's impossible regardless.

So unless you want to start banning people for paying attention to barricades, I would still like to state: The only barricades that should not be allowed, are using the shelf on snoopie, the Red Room, or the first story of the blue building on 4corners.

The last one you can let slip if you want, but I was the one who pretty much first discovered that to my knowledge. After that, people copied, I saw it was just too cheap. So usually I ask people not to barricade there.

walterbrunswick
01-26-2010, 05:56 PM

I like challenging spots myself... along with few other good players, namely Oasis, chase, Oonyx, to list a few. We're the ones camping the glass skywalk on 420_beachstrike while the rest of the panzies are cowering away under the stairs or in the glass rooms.

Christmas
01-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Barricades depend mostly on the people inside of them, not the barricades themselves. Some spots are cheap, but if you have a good player in there, it's impossible regardless.

So unless you want to start banning people for paying attention to barricades, I would still like to state: The only barricades that should not be allowed, are using the shelf on snoopie, the Red Room, or the first story of the blue building on 4corners.

The last one you can let slip if you want, but I was the one who pretty much first discovered that to my knowledge. After that, people copied, I saw it was just too cheap. So usually I ask people not to barricade there.

I don't see why that place can't be caded up (the last one) considering all you are doing is putting a lot of vending machines together to block it. It is cheap but it should be legal.

Jeimuzu
01-26-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't see why that place can't be caded up (the last one) considering all you are doing is putting a lot of vending machines together to block it. It is cheap but it should be legal.

Yeah, but I doubt anyone would be using it now if I hadn't brought it to everyone's attention. So why can't I forbid my own barricading spot?

Anyways, as I said, I'll only ask people not to barricade there.

Oasis
01-26-2010, 06:17 PM
I like challenging spots myself... along with few other good players, namely Oasis, chase, Oonyx, to list a few. We're the ones camping the glass skywalk on 420_beachstrike while the rest of the panzies are cowering away under the stairs or in the glass rooms.

This is true.

@James : this is true, too.

Also... one more thing. The tube + vending machine on desert_fortress is so easily breakable it's not even funny.

inthebutt
01-29-2010, 03:50 PM
james when you get a chance can you go through this entire thread and make a master list of all the places that people think should be illegal.

that way we can post it in our section and let ZERO look at it.

Jeimuzu
01-30-2010, 12:24 AM
james when you get a chance can you go through this entire thread and make a master list of all the places that people think should be illegal.

that way we can post it in our section and let ZERO look at it.

Lol.. Way.. Waaayyyy ahead of you.

I've also tested most of these 'unbreakable' spots, and while playing have also broken into many of them. There are only 6 places of which I've never been able to kill people in, and they're the spots I refuse to use. (Cading with the shelf in snoopie, the red room, blocking the blue building entrance with 5+ vending machines in 4corners, blocking the small entrance to the secret area in abandoned mall, and two places in holdout mountain where you can put vending machines into the vents..)

There might be more that I'm not remembering, but that's all that comes to mind right now.

walterbrunswick
01-30-2010, 01:12 AM
There might be more that I'm not remembering, but that's all that comes to mind right now.

I believe I have compiled a very adequate and reasonable list. Nowhere in your list have you mentioned the money crate, but as we all know, it is impossible to break into a room that is caded with the money crate.

Please refer to my revision below.

Revision 1.4, Jan 22/10

General rules:

If you find anything wrong with my compilation, please inform me.

Jeimuzu
02-03-2010, 12:45 AM
I believe I have compiled a very adequate and reasonable list. Nowhere in your list have you mentioned the money crate, but as we all know, it is impossible to break into a room that is caded with the money crate.

It's not impossible. I've broken into cades with money crates, usually by pushing the bookshelves out of the way with a few zombies helping.

If you want to count the cades that we can't break by ourselves, then there's a lot..

Oonyx
02-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Can't some of these spots be edited so that they're not accessible, e.g. red room? Then admins would have less enforcement to deal with.

acolyte_to_jippity
02-03-2010, 03:43 PM
yeah, probably, but you really shouldn't. red room is fine as long as no-one cades it.

oh, and what's the policy fpr zombies cading it and !zteleing? i laughed my ass off one time i saw that happen

Jeimuzu
02-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Can't some of these spots be edited so that they're not accessible, e.g. red room? Then admins would have less enforcement to deal with.

That's what Raging is here for I think. We need to give him maps that need editing.

OMGBEARS
02-06-2010, 12:44 PM
yeah, probably, but you really shouldn't. red room is fine as long as no-one cades it.

oh, and what's the policy fpr zombies cading it and !zteleing? i laughed my ass off one time i saw that happen

There are no rules against it. Rules against cading spots only refer to CTs since they have guns and grenades and can pretty much annihilate any cade they run into that zombies have set up.