PDA

View Full Version : hl2.exe

o Dynasty zZ
01-21-2010, 03:18 PM
I seem to get this a lot whenever I play counter strike sometimes just happens randomly but mostly when switching maps. Anyone have any ideas how to reduce this occurrence. No its not my ram btw people kept saying that in game but i have 4gb of ram so i dnt think thats the problem and i have reinstalled as well since that was another suggestion so any help would be appreciated.

InterEffect
01-21-2010, 03:19 PM
It's not how MUCH ram you have, the ram could be overheating or be faulty. Ram causes a lot of problems and HL2.exe crashing is a memory problem. Now the other possibility is your harddrive is badly fragmented and has error sectors. Try doing a scandisk/defrag.

o Dynasty zZ
01-21-2010, 03:34 PM
alright ill try it thanks

InterEffect
01-21-2010, 06:42 PM
alright ill try it thanks

I just realized you're from Jersey Shore... I can't.. Resist.... FIST PUMP BROSKI. XD

o Dynasty zZ
01-21-2010, 06:54 PM
even though i live somewhat close to seaside doesn't mean shit. Only one person from that show is actually from NJ the rest are from NY and long island. and seaside is the shittiest town on the shore. that show is such a disgrace and such a lie the shore here is so much nicer then that

Jeimuzu
01-21-2010, 09:04 PM
I seem to get this a lot whenever I play counter strike sometimes just happens randomly but mostly when switching maps. Anyone have any ideas how to reduce this occurrence. No its not my ram btw people kept saying that in game but i have 4gb of ram so i dnt think thats the problem and i have reinstalled as well since that was another suggestion so any help would be appreciated.

Whenever I minimize while the map changes, is usually when this occurs. It's a problem with the Source engine.. It's touchy.. Or at least that's what I was told.

o Dynasty zZ
01-21-2010, 10:25 PM
yeah thing is i play full screen and never really change it until i quit. But i think the most games i played without it happening tonight was twice like every other game it happened and i have to restart my laptop every time it happens

loka
01-21-2010, 10:44 PM
yeah thing is i play full screen and never really change it until i quit. But i think the most games i played without it happening tonight was twice like every other game it happened and i have to restart my laptop every time it happens

Do you have Vista? This happens normally to Vista users and it has something to do with the source engine like James stated. Some people in the forums stated that when they upgraded to Windows 7; the problem rectified it's self. I personally get the error while I'm playing or minimize while in game 2 or 3 times.

acolyte_to_jippity
01-22-2010, 09:49 AM
the only times i get that error is after i'm done playing, i exit out of css and a little window pops up stating hl2.exe has stopped working, searching for explanation/fix...etc.

i had already closed out by that point so i just hit cancel

o Dynasty zZ
01-22-2010, 02:23 PM
nah i started with vista but upgraded to windows 7 around christmas and thats when it started happening but i didnt play much on vista